[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

/confirmed for brawl
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 pm

1. Town or Mafia?
Town. I get lynched over emoticons as scum.
2. How do you plan to catch scum?
With rope.

Vote:Hez
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 pm

HezLucky wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:1. Town or Mafia?
Town. I get lynched over emoticons as scum.
2. How do you plan to catch scum?
With rope.

Vote:Hez

You're gonna need more rope.

I have more rope than the Navidson Record has fishline.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:39 pm

unvote, vote yonzy
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 pm

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Lack of frustration is NOT a scum tell. That is bs. Frustration clouds judgement, why would that be town?
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 am

Frustration is null. Either side can be frustrated, show frustration, or fake it. I world rather see someone clear headed then being frustrated. Logic over emotion.

Rqs? If you mean rvs, mind waiting for when I post from a computer for that? Some of them seemed like jokes, one or two serious.

And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 am

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.

So now that I have questioned you about it, why are you keeping your vote up without justification? You are voting to put someone to death without providing reasoning for why you think they are scum. If that up there was your only reason for the vote, then why continue to have an unproductive vote up?

unvote: Vote Avasthearties

For that exact reason. There was more to react to. Yonzy was at two votes, safely five away from a lynch. Do you believe that a vote has to just mean a call to lynch? What about the vote is suspicious, besides the lack of explanation.

@Wicked; I chose yonzy for the no explanation vote for a comment I saw about not reading shorter posts. Settled with me the wrong way but it's hardly worth lynching over. So the vote went unexplained, to get information on two fronts. The first being pressure on yonzy and the second to catch an overreaction. Judging an overreaction to me is intuition. To explain in this instance, Yonzy was at two votes, mine being the second. Hardly close to a lynch. When Avas voted me for being 'suspicious' it seemed off.

Yonzy wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

Yonzy, why no random vote?

I have more to say in a few minutes.

I didnt know RVS stage was still on lol
Vote: Kid Know Nothing

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: ConfidAnon
for this:
ConfidAnon wrote:
el simo wrote:Scum, I've been town every game on this account, it's getting fustrating.
By lining us up in a suspect line and getting an old lady to pick.

The first line seems a little off. It smells slightly like an off-handed comment to make us feel like simo is town using slight AtE. It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but it's a better than random vote.

Also, you'd seriously trust an old lady? Her eyesight is probably terrible!

UNVOTE: Horrible Hero
VOTE: el simo

Firstly, the point he uses against el simo seems really weak/invalid. I don't see how saying he's been town in all of his other games is meant to imply he's town this game. Secondly, there's no reason for him to add the phrase "It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but better than an RV." unless he's scum giving himself room to backpedal. Finally, he adds a jokey reason to his vote despite already having a serious reason. The vote feels off.

Imo it seemed liek a legit reason to vote El simo.. I would've done the same thing, and even if it wasn't, he had reason for his suspicion.. so there's really no need to vote him.

HezLucky wrote:
Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

I'd think that if most people answered with fun and randomness, then he wouldnt really see an attempt to joke as risky.

btww im ignoring the small posts soo if my points are repetitive thats why.

Just this post in general, which has already been commented on, is deserving of pressure in some form. First of all; I won't even get into the 'rvs' vote. Second; If CA's point was valid and he
would've
done the same thing, why did he choose to do a random vote over a vote on El Simo, who he felt had a valid point against him? Third; How is it pro-town to
ever
ignore a post? No matter how small?

@Hex; Of course they are. It was my way of saying I don't trust anyone anymore. Long story short; trusted someone who was 'clear' once, got screwed for it. Never again. Only the dead are truly town.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

el simo wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:And everyone but me is scum until they die, guilty until proven innocent. Some more than others. Page four hasn't separated the others yet, but its starting.

What is the point of this off hand comment? How is this going to help us catch scum? Why say something like this when it has no relevance to the current game content? Really trying to look town aren't ya?

+ scumies for KKN!

unvote: vote Kid Know Nothing

LobsterCatapult wrote:@KKN, if frustration isnt townie, what do you think of the response to the rqs questions then?
do you think im scum?

It wasn't off hand. It was relevant.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 am

el simo wrote:Nonsense, he asked you if you thought he was personally scum, you avoided answering his question and made a general statement about everyone.

You said so yourself, some more than others, so how much more or less do you think of Lobseter?

None yet. He's about as null as most. Right now my focus is Yonzy and Avas.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Horrifying Hero wrote:By the way, main reason we haven't been posting stuff, is we're observing things. Looking for the final scum. :)

btw, KKN wagon needs to die. As does any attempt at a avasthearties or tarsonis wagon--they're both town. ;)

oh, and some of our reads, for the curious.
STRONG TOWN: Hez
TOWN: Lobster
El simo

SCUM:
Wicked
Yonzy

We're still looking for the final scum.

What did you learn through the fake claim?
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 am

Rainbowdash wrote:You seem to have quite the problem with ponies not doing anything in this town. Is that standard or did I fly in here during an "off" week?

I realize that we have some Derpy Hooves types like Yonzy here that are more of a threat to themselves than friendship, but a few others are getting by much more slyly.

Vote Kid Know Nothing

He has done nothing useful in this game but attempt to trap people with shadows of overaggression when its actually pro-town to ask questions about why votes exist. He also is passively attacking punching bag Derpy, which is far more mallicious than voting for them. It feels like egging a wagon on, when that would best be served by actually voting there. Now I know everyone is going to be all like "But Rainbow, he already is voting for somepony!". Well yeah he is, but he is doing nothing to further that case, just sitting on it.

*whew* see

10 seconds.

Asking questions is not the only way to play the game. Lies are easy to fake, reactions not so much. And I just changed my vote to Avas, who has yet to come on and respond to it. Or post since then. How am I supposed to further my case when there is literally nothing else to discuss until Avas posts?
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 pm

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote: And I just changed my vote to Avas, who has yet to come on and respond to it. Or post since then. How am I supposed to further my case when there is literally nothing else to discuss until Avas posts?

Alright, response here then. Your vote is pretty clear OMGUSing. How would you expect someone to react to your explanation-less vote? Your argument is illogical as there is no way you can make that previous vote out to be a pro-town action. I voted you in an attempt to pressure some explanation out of you, and all of the action you have taken since then has made me decide to keep my vote on you. It seems to me that you made that previous vote so that you could think of a way to attack whoever mentioned it; since you did not provide an argument with it, you were free to make up your own explanation for it as the situation unfolded. This apparent attempt at trying to create an easy target to attack strikes me as perhaps the most scummy action in this game so far, so my vote will remain on you. Your vote on me simply fits in with my idea of what you were trying to do with that previous vote.

The point of an unexplained vote is to see how people react to it. You want to see pro-town reactions to it?

Wicked wrote:Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

Care to actually explain your reads?

Notice the lack of redundant "scummy vote is scummy". Straightfoward.

I've also already noted the fact that Yonzy's post was incredibly scummy. In obvious ways. Incredibly obvious ways, painfully obvious ways. I refuse to buy into a VI or "Derpy Pony" title simply because it's insulting.

What amount of pressure does one vote truly have? I've been sitting on L-2 for two pages and still haven't changed by playstyle or freaked out.

Explain how my vote attempted to create an easy target. If my argument is illogical, then the only easy target that's come of it should be me.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Rainbowdash wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:Notice the lack of redundant "scummy vote is scummy". Straightfoward.

So you are supposed to call somepony out on it WITHOUT a vote to be town and WITH a vote to be scummy?

Yes. When they don't vote for 'lolpressure'. In your opinion, are votes without explanations scummy? Do they have any purpose?

Yonzy was at one vote before I voted him, hardly under any pressure. Not even close to being threatened by a lynch. I was looking for a few reactions to the vote; one being someone calling me out on a possible OMGUS and so on. Asking why I voted Yonzy is not why I have a problem with Avas. It's just the way he went about it. A vote with "suspicious thing is suspicious" does very little to really further hunting. What was suspicious about it? Was the vote opportunistic? No. If I was looking for an easy wagon, CA would have been a better choice. He was already getting suspicion thrown at him. Why go after someone who had an FoS and people were largely ignoring? No benefit. Was the vote an OMGUS? No one bothered to ask.

I've also already noted the fact that Yonzy's post was incredibly scummy. In obvious ways. Incredibly obvious ways, painfully obvious ways. I refuse to buy into a VI or "Derpy Pony" title simply because it's insulting.

He is. I have seen his type enough to know that regardless of everything he is going to come off as Derpy Hooves and get lynched or vig shot in most games. You just can't put much trust in them, much like that one time we sent that one pony that couldn't tell directions to go help the birds migrate, learned that one the hard way. Anyways, he should be replaced since he hasnt even posted for almost five days.

This is a pointless tangent. Best if we just drop it now, doesn't further hunting. Just a difference in opinion. Just letting it be known I won't write someone off for being a "VI". Even a "VI" can be scum.

Explain how my vote attempted to create an easy target. If my argument is illogical, then the only easy target that's come of it should be me.

What?

Nevermind.

Here is why you are mafia though: You have done nothing but harp on null tells this game. Despite him simply needed to be replaced, your Yonzy case holds a whole lot more water than the Avas one that you are pushing because its based on what you think the proper reaction to your just vote post was. What if I think that him voting you was the correct thing to have done in that situation, and another pony thinks ignoring it was, and then you think simply commenting on it was and so on. My point is, everypony sees things like that differently, and that is your entire case, theory of YOURS. Yes what are tells are generally just applied theory, but its common concensus theory, this is not.

What this also does has allowed you to essentially ignore the rest of the game. I have no clue where you stand on the whole back and forth between HezLucky and YankCane. I have no clue what you think of HH and the fakeclaim (which was AMAZINGLY stupid, I would expect play like that from Mastin but not Lat). You have just used this whole "incorrect reaction" as a reason to ignore everything else that has occured in this game.

I haven't been ignoring it. Just because I don't comment on something does not mean I am ignoring it. This question also wasn't meant for you.

I've seen a similar fake-claim before. In fake, it was the first game I played with CA. Hoopla claimed PGO to a similar effect. It didn't phase me. Miller is a safer claim and there are some differences, but the principle remains roughly the same.

CA is town. You are most likely town. Yonzy needs to be replaced or post. Avas is borderline scum. Wicked is borderline town. HH is barely town, but that's based on my experience with the gambit. I'd like to see the other half of the hydra post more now that he/she is back.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:33 am

Checking in, have to go to work. Will read up and post around 11 est. Sorry for the delay.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Listing from work. Here longer than I thought, expect a bigger post after midnight est.

HH, VS was in the game with hoopla's gambit too. What do you make of our reactions compared to that game?

Avas, its not a vs reason. The vote wad to see who'd react to it. Your vote just jumped out because it seemed overly worried about someone being at two votes. Do you think all unexplained votes are scumny? What do you think of yonzy?

Will comment on the hex/yank back and forth in my next post. Seems like annoyed players at each others throats.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:21 pm

avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:What do you think of yonzy?

I think Yonzy was just stupid, and not coherent enough or around often enough to really get a read on. I've resorted to pretty much judging the Vifam half of the pair from here on out, as he at least seems to understand the basics of spelling.

See, I don't like this attitude. Writing someone off as a vi is unfair to them and hurts the town. Not scummy, many people have the same attitude, but it hurts the town

Have you seen hoopla's gambit? How. Do you think Hh's gambit compares?
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:02 pm

So I got stuck at work for an extra two hours. So my plans to post last night went out the window. And I have to leave to go clean the store all night soon.

Rainbow; I can give you my thoughts on HH really quickly, the other two will require a longer post.

He's done nothing. They tried to copy a gambit but failed, because Hoopla's gambit relies on how people reacted to the PGO claim. A miller doesn't have the same effect. The claim did nothing. They've done nothing.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Rereading. Post incoming in a few hours.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Damn. About halfway through. I'll be back in the morning to finish this up. Sorry for the delay.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am

I'm sorry guys, things have come up I need to /replace out. It'd be unfair for me to keep stalling the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”