Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Correction: I didn't bid on Last Will, I just thought I did. It's actually the $99 from Ghostlin.

Dammit, I fail so hard at reading comprehension tonight.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 3.1

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

PeregrineV (2): Ethos, hiphop
HellloooNewman (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Voidedmafia

Not voting (6): PeregrineV, HellloooNewman, Seacore, ChaosOmega, malpascp, GreyICE

Deadline is July 31th, at 11:30am EST (site time).
Coutdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-07-31 11:30:00)

Most Advertised Ability:
Cop

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
Countdown
22Accountant x 3$10$803 days(expired on 2011-07-20 11:30:00)
23Blind Bid x 1$25$255 days(expired on 2011-07-22 11:30:00)
24Bulletproof x 2$40$403 days(expired on 2011-07-20 11:30:00)
25Federal Reserve Chairman x 1$10$105 days(expired on 2011-07-22 11:30:00)
26Gravedigger x 1$40$407 days(expired on 2011-07-24 11:30:00)
27Hitman x 2$50$505 days(expired on 2011-07-22 11:30:00)
28Night-kill x 1$50$1517 days(expired on 2011-07-24 11:30:00)
29Vote Freezer x 1$25-5 days(expired on 2011-07-22 11:30:00)

Spoiler: Abridged Ability Glossary
  • Accountant (Targeted):
    Choose another player. You will learn how much money this player possessed at the start of this Night.
  • Blind Bid (Day):
    For the remainder of the Day, only you can see the current bid for auctions. To everyone else, it will be hidden. This will be announced in-thread. Other players will be informed if they are, or are not, the highest bidder as normal.
  • Bulletproof (Personal):
    You are protected from a single Night-kill targeting you this Night.
  • Federal Reserve Chairman (Day):
    Every living player (including yourself) immediately gains $200. This will be announced in-thread.
  • Gravedigger (Targeted):
    Choose another player who has died. You will receive all of the abilities they had when they died. This activation and the dead player who was chosen will be announced in-thread, but not who activated it or what was received.
  • Hitman (Personal):
    If you activate “Night-kill” in the same night you activate “Hitman”, “Night-kill” will ignore one ability that would stop the kill from working (ie, ignore one roleblock or protection).
  • Night-kill (Targeted):
    Choose another player. That player will die unless protected.
  • Vote Freezer (Day):
    Choose another player who is voting, but is not voting for No Lynch. Their vote is now frozen and cannot be changed for the rest of the Day. This will be announced in-thread. This will not affect the lynch threshhold.
Last edited by Magua on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:28 am

Post by malpascp »

- Bid 25$ on Extra Vote, got outbid by 29$, bid 35$ on Extra Vote.
- Bid 60$ on Cop.
- Got outbid again on Extra Vote.
- Bid 90$ on Cop
- Got outbid on Cop.
- Bid 95$ on Cop, got outbid again.
N1: no ability
D2 starting balance: 185$

-Bid 100$ on Doc.
- Bid 80$ on Auction Detective.
-I got outbid on Auction Detective.
- I won Doctor for 40$.
N2: Used Doc on RedCoyote

D3 starting balance: 218$

-Bid 60$ on Bulletproof.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

First off, good job hiphop.

@Ethos, you've managed to list that I need to be lynched 5 times today, but never managed to say why exactly. Since the rest of us left RVS a long time ago, those tactics don't fly anymore.

Also, it's obvious in one case who you neighbored, as you're posting their answers before they do. Since we are full disclosing, there is no reason not to.
Is there?

@Seacore-
start $100
NK bid $99 (outbid by scum)
day1 end $99+$50wage+$40efficiency=$189

day2 start $189
bid $189 on commuter (won for $51)
day2 end $137+$50wage+$25efficiency=$212

@Voided- Not really sure why you're suddenly a better choice for the NK than hiphop. He did fine with it last night. And to top it off, why would you need the hitman skill in addition to the NK. Those two abilities have a synergy that town doesn't need.

As a matter of fact, until I hear a better explanation about why you want to have the ability to NK and bypass RB, BP and doc protection,

Vote: Voidedmafia

Also Since post 674 and 675 confuse me even after I make your correction, can you re-post the totally corrected post of what and how much you bid on what days?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 am

Post by malpascp »

I think hiphop should get the NK.

The only Doc left is mine. I don't know where the RB is. Unless scum has the RB, Hiphop doesn't need the Hitman. Any way, it would be better if he had both.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Ethos »

I think it is pretty obvious why he wants it. Its so if scum have roleblocker, he can still make the kill. If scum have BP, he can still make the kill. His night kill will be 100% AND confirmable. Do you really think he is going to go off and shoot other people when we KNOW he has the night kill? Have you even thought that through? We have quite a few mislynches after 3 antitown people in a row have been lynched, there is no way he would try that sort of shit yet.

Up until now your entire ISO has been setup speculation with the exception of your defensive interactions with us and your light pressure on Newman. Your reaction to us wanting to kill you or ice because we had a town read on mal was suspicious because you jumped all over the mal town read but totally ignored anything that had to do with Ice. You saying at the end of yesterday you were leaning towards two-scum setup instead of 2/1/10 is also bad now that we have a second mafia faction flipped.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 am

Post by malpascp »

@Ethos: who are you addressing to? I got confused
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Ethos »

Pere
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

PeregrineV wrote:@Voided- Not really sure why you're suddenly a better choice for the NK than hiphop. He did fine with it last night. And to top it off, why would you need the hitman skill in addition to the NK. Those two abilities have a synergy that town doesn't need.

...What.

what.

......what?

PeregrineV wrote:As a matter of fact, until I hear a better explanation about why you want to have the ability to NK and bypass RB, BP and doc protection,

Vote: Voidedmafia

DA HELL?!

Dude, do you not understand how important it'd be to have both hitman and NK together? HELLOOOOOO!

PeregrineV wrote:Also Since post 674 and 675 confuse me even after I make your correction, can you re-post the totally corrected post of what and how much you bid on what days?

There's no need for that. Only correction is that I didn't bid FOR Last Will, but received money FROM an activated Last Will.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ethos wrote:I think it is pretty obvious why he wants it. Its so if scum have roleblocker, he can still make the kill. If scum have BP, he can still make the kill. His night kill will be 100% AND confirmable. Do you really think he is going to go off and shoot other people when we KNOW he has the night kill? Have you even thought that through? We have quite a few mislynches after 3 antitown people in a row have been lynched, there is no way he would try that sort of shit yet.

Up until now your entire ISO has been setup speculation with the exception of your defensive interactions with us and your light pressure on Newman. Your reaction to us wanting to kill you or ice because we had a town read on mal was suspicious because you jumped all over the mal town read but totally ignored anything that had to do with Ice. You saying at the end of yesterday you were leaning towards two-scum setup instead of 2/1/10 is also bad now that we have a second mafia faction flipped.

If scum has RB then why didn't they RB hiphop who had the Nk last night and had Icey as a possible target?

And as watcher knowing this might happen, you should be watching hiphop, so if he was RB we would know who.

If town has RB than they can claim, since there's one scum left. If dead scum has RB, then it doesn't matter.

There is no BP. GreyIce is bidding now, when there is absolutely no reason, as town should get the NK. Why be afraid of mafia NK when they don't have one?
I have the next thing, commuter, from yesterday. I announced my bidding in thread, and no one called me out, so I got it.

Ethos wrote:Do you really think he is going to go off and shoot other people when we KNOW he has the night kill?

What? What other people? Are you planning on directing the NK? And why mislynch of we can lynch scum?

Ethos wrote:Your reaction to us wanting to kill you or ice because we had a town read on mal was suspicious because you jumped all over the mal town read but totally ignored anything that had to do with Ice.

Yes, because you have yet to point out where that town read on mal came from. Then it became "gut". :roll:

Ethos wrote:You saying at the end of yesterday you were leaning towards two-scum setup instead of 2/1/10 is also bad now that we have a second mafia faction flipped.

What? My idea of a two scumteam setup is bad now that we have two proven scum teams? Are you even reading the thread (either one of you, I guess)?

And aside from Malp becoming town, you never answered my queestion about this post:

Ethos wrote:My strongest scum read is Icey by far, his actions throughout today have included obvious contradictions, changing of reads with minimal reasoning and insistence that Newman is scum when he was very quick to drop suspicion of Newman earlier in the day when the wagon seemed like it might die down.

Other scum reads I have include Midnight (Floating between weak scum and null), Mal (Floating between weak town, null and weak scum) and at the moment Pere actually (Bidding related reasons which I'll go into later).

Link to the question is in the quote.

P-edit: Voided- I'll address your post separately.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Voided- I explained why in my post to Ethos. Explain why you need NK instead of hiphop, and why you need to punch through town-controlled abilities when all countering abilites are either accounted for or would lead us to find scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am

Post by malpascp »

Scum could have the NK this night, but thought hiphop would NK town, so they didn't use it.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 am

Post by malpascp »

Updated from Seacore's post until now, I didn't check the previous "unclaims"

Cop x 2 - Ghostlin claimed, Voided unclaimed, maybe on WLC's body?
Doctor x 2 - Seacore claimed, used up on Redcoyote and Ethos
Extra Vote x 2 - Unclaimed
Governor x 1 - Ethos claimed, still unused
Investigation Immunity x 4 - Unclaimed
Last Will x 3 - Confirmed won by Ghostlin
Neighborizer x 3 - Ethos claimed, used x2 (same QT)
Night-kill x 1 - Unclaimed and potentially unused
Oracle x 2 - Likely won by Newman, not quite confirmed
Setup Information x 3 - Seacore claimed
Vote Nullifier x 1 - Unclaimed

Auction Detective x 2 LLD Claimed
Commuter x 2 - Unclaimed
Doctor x 2 - Malpascp claimed
Love Potion x 1 - Unclaimed
Medium x 3 - Unclaimed
Night-kill x 1 - Used to kill Iceguy, all but confirmed hiphop
Ninja x 4 - Unclaimed
Roleblocker x 3 - Unclaimed
Tracker x 2 - Voided claimed that Ghostlin won and passed it on
Watcher x 1 - Ethos claimed, not knowing if used

I want to know who has the RB.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

So you really meant this:

Voidedmafia wrote:I started out with $100. Lost a buck in bidding for Last Will (bid for $29), then invested $99. The wage and efficiency bring me to $90 at D1's close.

Next day, failed $50 bid for Watcher (-$1). investment matures so I get 147.
Successfully big $99 on Last Will
, then we get my wage, efficiency, and Ghostlin's Last Will for $99 extra bucks and Tracker.

And today I got Grey's transfer, and then bid on Hitman, NK, and invested.

So to clarify, I didn't get Last Will from Ghost. Rather, the way the summary was worded made me assume that last Will came from Ghostlin (I know, I suck for not double-checking the transcript itself, I know).

VoidedMafia (Redcoyote):

Start $100- lost Last Will bid, invested $99
Day2 start =$50wag+$40efficiency=$90

Day2 bid watcher (why, btw, when Ethos requested and no one countered?), lose $1, investment comes in at $147, total of $147+$90-$1=$236
$236+$50wage+$25efficiency=$311

Day3 start= $311+$99 (last will from Ghostlin)= $400
current bids on NK ($151+) & Hitman ($50+), remainder invested.

Is this right?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 am

Post by malpascp »

I guess Cop and RB should claim right away.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

malpascp wrote:Scum could have the NK this night, but thought hiphop would NK town, so they didn't use it.

So are you saying that day2 scum could have gotten NK but let hiphop win it anyway in the hope that he would kill town instead of them?

I guess it's possible, but it seems like leaving something to chance when you don't have to.

But also another good reason for hiphop to get it again, IMO.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Ethos »

Here's a summarization of what we have right now, everyone else needs to post what they've bid on (Failed or recieved), what they are bidding on today and their current balance (Or balance at the end of the day). I'll reply to Pere in a few minutes, just waiting for slaxx to reply and Hiphop CANT get NK because he doesn't have the funds for it, the only person who has enough funds to guarentee that scum don't get it is Void pretty much.

Voidedmafia:

Holds/Held: Tracker
Bidding for: Nightkill and Hitman
Remaining Funds: (Unrevealed).

Ethos:

Holds/Held: Governor, Neighbourizer, Watcher
Bidding for: Bidding for Accountant.
Remaining Funds: ($108 - $104) = $4

PeregrineV:

Holds/Held: Commuter
Bidding for: Nothing.
Remaining Funds: $212

malpascp:

Holds/Held: Doctor.
Bidding for: Bulletproof
Remaining Funds: ($218-$60) = $158
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:28 am

Post by malpascp »

Shit, my bad.

I meant that "Scum could have the RB"
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Ethos »

PeregrineV wrote:If town has RB than they can claim, since there's one scum left. If dead scum has RB, then it doesn't matter.

This. This. This. This. This. If town has RB they need to claim it ASAP because there was a roleblocking that occured last night.

PeregrineV wrote:What? What other people? Are you planning on directing the NK? And why mislynch of we can lynch scum?

The nightkill is directed, it has been agreed upon that the nightkill will be on either Chaos and Newman, do you have any qualms with either of these dying and apart from Void do you beleive anyone else is scum or likely scum?

I'll let Slaxx discuss his mal-town read but from what I can gather it's decreased and he has some slight feelings that Mal is the SK in the game however neither of us are comfortable lynching Mal for the time being. Our suspicions against you really stem from your interaction with Ice, your lack of scumhunting that has occured in the game. You seem to be focusing soley on the auctions which don't get me wrong is highly beneficial and I've spend time focusing on it myself however that alone doesn't help us nor does it make it seem like you're attempting to nail the remaining scum.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

PeregrineV wrote:@Voided- I explained why in my post to Ethos. Explain why you need NK instead of hiphop, and why you need to punch through town-controlled abilities when all countering abilites are either accounted for or would lead us to find scum.

Insurance.

Also, yes, that'd be correct. Though, I had $402 adding the Last Will, and I only invested $100, not al I had.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Last Will makes me twitch.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'm very unimpressed with LLD's contributions today. Particularly when we've asked for multiple claims.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Seacore wrote:I'm very unimpressed with LLD's contributions today. Particularly when we've asked for multiple claims.

I've told you who I think the last scum is, and I'm voting them.

Do you want my claim? I'll have to PM Magua to see what Bob bid on, but as of right now all I have is my auction investigation.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Seacore »

I want every single ability you've ever won, when you've used it (feel free to skimp on the precise details there) and every bid and money transaction that has ever been made.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I've also given a reads list from town--->scum, and explained why Newman is likely Ice's partner.

What have YOU done today? That's right Seacore, you've bitched about with claims.

This is PYP shit all over again. I just want to lynch scum. I'll bid on shit, and I'll help organize with that, but I don't want to play any of this number crunching game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”