ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:28 am

Post by ooba »

Flameaxe wrote:Can someone please point me to where this mysterious third faction is? Or why I should take anyone seriously who is discussing it?

Quite obvious if you think about it.
- Nobody is going to lie about his role this game - recruited or not recruited. Actions post-recruitment maybe, but not role.
- There's not going to be a kill-doc just for vig and kill-instead-of-recruiting-this-night cult choice (which is stupid in most situations anyway)
- Hence, a scum group exists.

Also, DGB makes up some weird logic to vote Darox in this page - Darox is definitely town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ooba wrote:- Tajo could be the N3 recruit. (DGB\PopTajo run around reminds me of my fav. scum play - Bus strongly but never bring the other close to lynch.)

Wuuuuuuuut?

PLEASE bring tajo to the lynch. Close to the lynch? No. THE LYNCH. Gimme gimme gimme a tajo lynch.

What's this BS, ooba???

You ought to be embarrassed of how low you've come in pursuance of your cult wincon.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 am

ooba wrote:Also, DGB makes up some weird logic to vote Darox in this page - Darox is definitely town.

K, gonna vote tajo?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 am

Post by ooba »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ooba wrote:Also, DGB makes up some weird logic to vote Darox in this page - Darox is definitely town.

K, gonna vote tajo?
Tajo "could" be the N3 recruit, but you definitely are cult. So no ..
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Flameaxe »

ooba wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Can someone please point me to where this mysterious third faction is? Or why I should take anyone seriously who is discussing it?

Quite obvious if you think about it.
- Nobody is going to lie about his role this game - recruited or not recruited. Actions post-recruitment maybe, but not role.
- There's not going to be a kill-doc just for vig and kill-instead-of-recruiting-this-night cult choice (which is stupid in most situations anyway)
- Hence, a scum group exists.

Also, DGB makes up some weird logic to vote Darox in this page - Darox is definitely town.

Quite obvious that this speculation is just silly if YOU think about it. Hell, you were in Succession 1. You remember that game where there were two cults and no mafia factions, yet there was still a "kill-doc" role?

Seriously, are you trying?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 am

Ooba.

I'm not cult.

Use your brain. Unless you are cult yourself, there should be at least a dozen reasons why you should be convinced that I'm not culted.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 am

Flameaxe wrote:Hell, you were in Succession 1. You remember that game where there were two cults and no mafia factions, yet there was still a "kill-doc" role?

Am I blind? I'm not seeing that role in the link.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Bodyguard?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 am

We do have a killing faction, and Tanarin/Darox didn't claim bodyguard...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 am

There shouldn't be a doctor that only serves to protect against vig kills. Even in cult hands, a role like that would be weird.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Darox »

The bodyguard in Succession 1 only protected from nightkills, and the only night kills came from the 3 oneshot unrecruitable vigs and the cult factions.

The fact that I protect against night kills isn't a point in favour of a third party mafia group.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Darox wrote:The bodyguard in Succession 1 only protected from nightkills, and the only night kills came from the 3 oneshot unrecruitable vigs and the cult factions.

The fact that I protect against night kills isn't a point in favour of a third party mafia group.

This.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 am

Post by bvoigt »

I see no reason for Darox to fakeclaim here, so I believe the role. I still think he's scum, though.

I wasn't in Succession 1, but Mr. Flay said the Bodyguard was "type 3, sorta." And the 3rd role listed on the Bodyguard wiki page says: "A role that has a 50% chance of successfully protecting the target and finds out his target's attacker, and a 50% chance that the Bodyguard dies instead."

ConSpiracy wrote:
bvoigt wrote:CS: Bunnylover and Zdenek are just two examples. Dry-fit and Chronopie flipped town already. It's true that Katsuki lurked, but IIRC, he wasn't recruited until later in the game. And Porochaz was one of the most active players. I don't see how you can say that (what you consider) lurking is a scumtell when there are a number of townies who have lurked.

I was trying to catch Battousai in a lie the same way I probably did with Cobbler. How does it benefit scum to have flavor in the open when everyone except the cult recruiters starts with a town role PM?

We were in serious danger of a no lynch, and with my switch, the Chrono wagon had 2 more than the xvart wagon. I strongly disagree that a lynch was unnecessary, but whatever.

In that second post you linked, what makes ooba's response to DGB scummy?

So? At that point there were just 2 scum-recruits. At least that's most likely. We don't know at the moment who was recruited first, do we? Kats lurked badly. From the activity scale it seems like Poro lurked badly, but you should read his ISO. One-liners are not posts and kabam! He suddenly has less posts than you.
Having unrecruitable flavour out in the open? You don't see any benefit? That's laughable.
Every flavour scum has, means another out in fakeclaims. And what is town's benefits in knowing Batt's govern flavour? Most likely there isn't any other governor, so no busting possible.
Agree to disagree on the lynch. Anyways, I still see it as a scummy move.
Not scummy, but bad reasoning.

According to Albert, he recruited Katsuki because Kats saw his QT during Goofbash.

As far as I know, everyone started out with a town role PM except the two cult recruiters, so there's no need for any fakeclaim flavor. And I don't even see how having govern flavor out in the open helps scum fakeclaim anyway, since like you said, there wouldn't be two governors in the same game.

You said that ooba's bad logic was one of the reasons that he was a likely recruit on Day 1. Now you're saying it wasn't scummy? :igmeou:
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Darox wrote:

HOWEVER. There is a clause in my role that suggests that certain conditions on the part of my target will make my stalking less than subtle, which may alert either my target or any aggressors, and/or do... something. I'm not sure, the aggressor could decide to back off instead of attack, my target might evade my protection, it's not clear and probably depends on the roles involved.

Darox wrote:
I'm not a Jailkeeper. All I do is prevent violence. All non violent acts would still proceed normally.

Considering I can protect not only one target, but also everyone in the same location, I'd think the role was overpowered if it wasn't for culting.

So, you're claiming you prevent night kills, but not cult recruiting, but sometimes it fails, and you can protect other people in the same location? Do I have that right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, the claim is plausable, considering that there were roles that only protected against night kills in succession 1 as well. That being said, it dosn't actually have anything to do with his alignment, and it's not an especially relevant power role in this game. I don't think it really changes anything.

On the other hand, if someone could confirm that he targeted Hero the last two nights, then I would be willing to unvote Darox.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

populartajo wrote:Darox is claiming doc, not cult doc, so yeah try again, DGB.

HOW IN HELL A DOC PROTECTION CAN MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR READ FROM DAY 1 TO DAY 2 SPECIALLY WITH A NK ON NIGHT 1?

Look, I do know how fun it can be to take your brain out and bounce it about for a bit to relieve the boredom. But could you write yourself a note to return to its upright position before posting? :roll:

ooba wrote:- DGB remains culted (
Mafia boys
- someone you should shoot tonight if she's not lynched)

Generic 'boys' or subtle hint? You tell me.

Hush, now.

Drink the koolaid.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:16 am

Post by bvoigt »

Yosarian2 wrote:On the other hand, if someone could confirm that he targeted Hero the last two nights, then I would be willing to unvote Darox.

Why? You said yourself that his role does not relate to his alignment.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Dammit, forgot the Important Part:

unvote

Vote: tajo
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Darox »

Yos: See this post

bvoigt: Probably because a claimed protective role protecting the claimed cop two nights in a row is a pretty pro-town move. Just a guess.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

bvoigt wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:On the other hand, if someone could confirm that he targeted Hero the last two nights, then I would be willing to unvote Darox.

Why? You said yourself that his role does not relate to his alignment.

Roles do not relate to alignment, and unlike some role claims, a kill-doctor is low value enough to the town that it doesn't change my willingness to lynch. However, if a doctor had been recruited, he probably would not protect the claimed cop, assuming Hero is still town.

Basically, I think that Darox is likely telling the truth about being a kill-doctor, but he is probably lying about his night 2 and night 3 targets. (He could very well be telling the truth about targeting DGB night 1; like I said, I think he was probably recruited night 1, so he probably submitted his choice before that.)

However, if anyone can confirm that he is telling the truth about his night 2 and night 3 targeting, and if his targeting the cop didn't have any obvious ill effects on the cop (IE: the cop wasn't roleblocked or whatever), then I'm going to reconsider my scum read on him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:So...tajo, is your theory that Hero and ML are both scum together, or what?

I dont see how Heroscum means ML is scum??

I know this has already been answered by a few people, but just to make sure we're all on the same page, this was part of ML's original claim:

Magister Ludi wrote:
The second ability pertains to Herod. Because we 'work the beat' together (cops), I know if he has been recruited that night or not. As it stands he has not been recruited on night one or night two.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Darox »

P.S. I love that 'kill-doctor' is a term we are now just throwing around.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

Darox wrote:Yos: See this post

bvoigt: Probably because a claimed protective role protecting the claimed cop two nights in a row is a pretty pro-town move. Just a guess.

when you link to the third iteration of the explanation of your claim, then there is something really wrong with it

hint: its a FAKECLAIM.

COME ON, EVERYBODY.

NS: why the vote?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

ooba wrote:- Tajo could be the N3 recruit. (DGB\PopTajo run around reminds me of my fav. scum play - Bus strongly but never bring the other close to lynch.)

if you read carefully, Ive been attacking DGB since early D2 and I am pretty much one of the few that think she is scum.

however many noobs believe that "lol selfvote, and lol scumputer" are town moves despite "i have a master plan but lol i forgot to do it n1", "lynch me day 3, i wont fight".

i just need that darox flip, that now im 100% is going to be scum, to get people to believe me DGB is indeed scum with him. ALL MAKES SENSE, the soft bussing, the transition to "lol tanarin is scum" to I BELIEVE THE CLAIM, lets LYNCH TAJO DERP.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by populartajo »

also the Tanarin transition to "I dont trust DGB" D1 to "she is just eccentric" D2.
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”