Team Mafia Results!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I still can't believe I got lynched in that game. Fugitive was so obviously scum even before she faked a guilty claim on me, and the cop claim made no sense at all in that setup. I really don't at all get what happened there. So frustrating.

Oh well. Thanks for running the games, mods. Absolutely a neat idea.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah. I shouldn't have shot VP, but I was so sure he was scum after he first explained why Fugitive couldn't possibly be a cop but then defended her and voted me anyway. Also, shooting fugitive seemed like a waste; she was going to be lynched no matter what, and town was on odds, so it wouldn't even save the town a lynch. Only way my role could be useful is if I shot a scum that the town wasn't going to lynch.

I was partway considering shooting Fate, after that scummy last minute U-turn he did on me right before the end, but I wasn't confident enough of his alignment.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fate wrote:I feel as though a lot more people had Hoopla called out as scum in various QTs and in thread, and that her representative (Yos) showed no sign of anyone in their qt suspecting me, but yeah.

(nods) I had no idea you were scum until you suddenly turned and lynched me after calling me town for a while. You played a very solid game. I don't know why the town didn't call you out on it it day 2, or why they let you get away with that ridiculous "Yos was trying to get lynched" defense, but hey.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hoopla wrote:
I don't think it's a big deal really. We should be producing games as close to 50/50 as possible, so it should still be four coinflips before skill comes into play regardless of distribution.

That's true, but a scum win has a bigger payoff for your team then a town win (since if there is a scum win, only 3 people get the points, while in a town win 9 people get the points). That means that if all games are coinflips, a team with 3 or 4 scum has better odds of winning the whole thing then a team with no scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hoopla wrote:
While a scum win is more valuable than a town win because you're restricting more teams from scoring in that game, a scum loss is equally damaging in the other direction. The payoffs are proportionate - there's just increased importance residing on a scum game. A team with 3 or 4 scum has better odds of losing the whole thing too.

Well, sure, you've also got a higher chance of getting the lowest score. But assuming that the goal is for your team to win, and not just come out somewhere in the middle, you've got a better shot at actually winning if you have more scum roles.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”