Team Mafia Results!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

This is awesome. :D

Well-played, guys. And much respect to mith/Hoopla/Yos/Ythill. I agree with the selection of the top three teams, though I believe any of the three teams could've won the whole thing. mith & Hoopla just mindfucked the shit out of the town in a manner so impressive I can do nothing but tip my hat to them and say "Well done". I was screaming from the QT, but then again I wasn't in the game, so who cares? :P

Overall, I'm quite happy with this win. I feel like we really did work our asses off for the win and... yeah. This was the most fun I've had playing mafia in a very long time, so thank you a bunch to all the mods who helped run this. Seriously -- SpyreX made a comment at one point in our QT about how much fun it was with this team-based concept. I am absolutely looking forward to the next round of this to have that kinda teamwork and fellowship again.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nobody except Socio should've gotten MVP-Loser for WF. Good choice.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Faraday wrote:spyrex tied with GI, Prana and DDD for second place MVP in PYP?

er, anyway.

Yeah this

SpyreX was the most accurate one...
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SpyreX wrote:We are the champions of the world!

I petition for a title block like the scummies hoss yea.

And, I have absolutely no beef at all with LLD winning the losing MVP. Kudos.

A TITLE BLOCK, YOU SAY?

And LLD, I meant no offense at all. I was screaming how bleedingly obvtown you were from the start. And Amrun jumped into White Flag and was like ALRIGHT BITCHES WE'RE DOING SHIT RIGHT and made me fall in love but then it still fell to shit. I re-read our SDC QT this afternoon and was facepalming at me and Socio going WHITE FLAG IS OVER on D1... ohhhh boy.

Zach wrote:Surprised I got any votes for town MVP in Psychic Mafia. I basically chilled while Ythill got lynched without lifting a finger, and meh picked Swiftstrike for death.

I'm not -- you killed a scumbag BY YOURSELF, and scum took you out due to whatever. I'd say you did pretty well.

@Katsuki: Yeah, that's what we figured out about halfway through... so you sheeping me and not doing anything else in Psychic mafia would help us go over in the end :P
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't think there's an issue with straight up randomization if you have 15 players, because with the 5-teams setup, there are going to be
at least
2-3 teams that have two scum PMs anyway. I was able to figure out people's alignments pretty early due to the 12 scum PMs -> 13 teams bit. After we figured out Hoopla/mith/Yos2/Ythill had more than 1 scum PM, it became an easy process of clearing teams. At one point we had 8 names on a list and knew that one of them was scum, and after we figured out who that 1 person was, the other 7 were confirmed town due to team makeup.

Adding 3 more scum PMs and 1 more player per team makes that kind of speculation incredibly difficult, and it also decreases the chances of having an 8-way tie due to more variables.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Perhaps the removal of alignment-WIFOM isn't necessary. If that's the case, the process would be something like:

- Team Selection
- Role Distribution
- Game 1 Player Allotment
- Game 2 Player Allotment
- Game 3 Player Allotment
- Games 4 & 5 Player Allotment
- QTs Open
- D1 starts

Also zor: you need to really think of a way to balance out the game lengths.
Psychic Mafia: D1 lasted ~27 hours
Pick Your Power: D1 lasted ~60 hours
White Flag Mafia: D1 lasted ~210 hours
Aggressive Mind Games: D1 lasted ~ 150 hours

There are way too many huge jumps in time. Perhaps you should set standardized deadlines for each game (mean of all four game's D1s is 112 hours; median is 105 hours), or keep 3-week deadlines at the start, but have each game that ends its D1 drop the deadline in the remaining games. For example, after game 1 ends, 72 hours are removed off of the rest of the games... game 2's D1 modscene means the other games lose another 72 hours... something like that, and then just stall night in the other games so that all games start D2 at the same time.

Of course this is probably a bit complex, but just an idea.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

That formula would work, actually.

Though I don't think you should decrease the # to lynch, since that fucks with balance in a whole new way.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mr. Flay wrote:Wait, why on earth do we (and by we, I mean you) care how dissimilar Day lengths were?

Maybe you should start paying attention more instead of making snarky one-liners.

Day lengths were an issue because one game ended before D1 had even begun in the other games, and since this was TEAM MAFIA and not just a random association of games, other games ending that much earlier than others was frustrating and had a bit of an impact on the game itself.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because it not only messes up the flow of the contest in general, but having an entire game's roles flip at endgame greatly impacts all of the other games still being in D1, due to teammeta and role distribution.

As a hypothetical: let's say three people are revealed as scum in Game 1, and Game 1 ends before Games 2, 3, or 4 can even get out of D1. Team A is scum in Game 1, and Team A is also scum in Games 2 & 3. If any of their team is lynched in Game 2 or 3, it reveals that there are X amount of teams with all town role PMs, where X = 1 + (# of scum roles per team over 1). Like in this iteration, Ythill flipped scum in Psychic Mafia. If Hoopla/mith had flipped scum as well, that would've meant three teams had all-town PMs, which actually allowed me to clear EIGHT people as town just based off of flips/suspicions alone.

Closer days ending and deadlines wouldn't allow this information to be used so openly (or for such a long amount of time).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

One team has three scum PMs. That leaves 9 among the remaining 12 teams, so at least 3 are scum.

That is usable logic, especially if your team has inside information like investigative results, or feels incredibly strongly about one person or another.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

*at least three are town

Maybe I just got lucky this time around, but using that sort of deductive reasoning (this team has three scum so there are 3 teams out there that are all-town) helped me set up a chart, and that chart helped me clear a bunch of people as scum/town.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mafia Discussion”