Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

Post by BKWM »

/confirm
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by BKWM »

Greetings and hello all.

VOTE: paradox because i like your name. And because you confirmed first. But mainly because I like your name.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by BKWM »

To answer your questions Ibarra, I have never played Mafia before, so I don't know the answer to any of those. Also your Avatars look pretty similar to me, so if ConSpiracy should have a vote for his Avatar, why shouldn't you have one for yours?
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by BKWM »

ConSpiracy wrote:I know I am a SE, but I will help Ghostlin, our IC, some times. It's in my nature.
At first, every one without an avatar, please take one. It helps us connect with you.

Secondly, I'd like to ask some questions.
Ibarra wrote:Anyway guys, let's start of with some RQS:
1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
2) Would you lynch lurkers?
3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
4) What is your stanch on using meta?

5) What's your timezone?
6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts?
7) How much do you expect to post in this game?

1) Mafia/Third party. In my last few town games, my scumdar was that off that the games went horribly wrong. I am trying to improve in it and this game will tell how much.
2) No. Pressuring them to talk is a lot better.
3) Both. I prefer analysis, but can't ignore gut.
4) If damning evidence, yes. If very small, no.
5) GMT+1
6) A lot of small posts with here and there a lengthy with cases etc.
7) At least once a day. However, I am not home at the moment, so the first week it may be less.

BKWM wrote:To answer your questions Ibarra, I have never played Mafia before, so I don't know the answer to any of those. Also your Avatars look pretty similar to me, so if ConSpiracy should have a vote for his Avatar, why shouldn't you have one for yours?

Scared to vote?
Vote: BKWM

5) Central Standard Time, but my sleep schedule is sooo weird that I am prone to be up and posting at any time.
6) both small and large posts, as the situation merits. tending towards larger posts, as I find upon rereading this giant wall.
7) As often as I can. preferably two to three times a day, but I don't know if I will be able to do that all the time. (like today, for instance)

And no I'm not scared to vote, I voted first, good sir. For Paradox, because I like his name.
And I don't really have anything Avatar-worthy. Or avatar-sized for that matter. :(

Ibarra wrote:Why do you seem too keen to jump on a RVS vote and question it immediately.
IGMEOY: BKWN

I'm gonna have to tack that one up to inexperience, and a generally aggressive nature.

AeRyung wrote:

What do lurkers usually do on mafia?

Lurkers are people who don't post. The wiki says that means that they are more likely to be scum, because scum are the only ones with something to hide.

theamatuer wrote:to ghostlin: They said it was because I ragepost too much.
To AeRyung: You could also vote the IC, but then everyone else would say that it is a scummy action and lynch you

Why is voting the IC a scummy thing to do. He is every bit as likely to be scum as anyone else, so it is actually Townie to apply pressure to him as well as anyone else.

Also UNVOTE: Paradox
VOTE: Goslin for being the most experienced, and therefore dangerous, potential scum. And also to prove the above point.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 am

Post by BKWM »

theamatuer wrote:It is because the IC's are supposed to help the newbies get accustomed to the game. The IC would then start to have a sense of reliability around him, and thus if you attack him, the newbies would turn towards you instead.
I'll keep my vote as it is.

I understand that point, and it is very, very wrong. Here is why: there are 9 players in the game, with roles assigned randomly. Ergo, everyone, IC included, has exactly 2/9 chance of being scum. So if IC does something that you would be suspicious of someone else for doing, be suspicious of him. Because on the case that he actually IS scum, the argument you just presented will win his happy ass the game. So don't think that way. Think along the lines of, Ghostlin is the most experienced player here, so he is the best at hiding that he is scum, therefore he is worthy of suspicion on the line of reasoning you just presented.

Also, I'm not saying that he is scum yet. At this point I don't know who is and who isn't. I'm just saying don't stand behind him on the basis that he is IC, because as far as determining whether or not he is scum, that don't mean jack.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 am

Post by BKWM »

AeRyung wrote:I think I will be the least talkative among everyone, I can feel it already XD

Just saw this one. Early claim to get away with lurking.

You just earned my VOTE: AeRyung.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 am

Post by BKWM »

EBWOP

crap. also UNVOTE: Ghostlin
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:55 am

Post by BKWM »

@Ghostlin: The main point was to impress upon the amateur to not stand blindly behind you tooting on your horn just because you are the IC, but upon rereading, you are right, I did make it sound like he should be overly suspicious of you. I apologize. That was not my intention, although I do (and rightfully i feel) fear for losing the game more IF you ARE scum then if you're not.

@Morthas: You weren't here when I said it before, so Greetings and Hello. And I don't have an avatar, or the knowledge of how to make one. Every Forum I've ever been on I didn't feel I needed one, so I didn't get one. I understand why everyone wants me to get one know, so going to google. Will hopefully have a picture under my name soon.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 am

Post by BKWM »

EBWOP.
okay, if I had known it was that easy, I would have done it years ago. :oops:
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by BKWM »

@AeRyung: I am not accusing anyone of being scum, which is why I have not given any reasons for anyone being scum. I am attempting to get under everyone's skin, in the hopes that the scum will slip up. When I actually think I have found someone who I believe is scum, trust me, you'll have the full list of my reasons. That said, your pointing out that you are suspicious of me because I said something about something that the experienced players have said nothing about is proof that my strategy is working, so thank you. I will continue to get under your skin as much as I possibly can, please don't take it personally, unless you are scum, in which case feel free to get so pissed you cant type straight.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 am

Post by BKWM »

Ibarra wrote:
@BKWM
You do know that by stating your plan out loud, you ruined its effectiveness.

Also:
Unvote

I don't think it will, because the scum know that I am town, therefore, they know that I am trying to find them. They also know that the only way for me to do that is to make them slip up by getting under their skin, or by seeing it when someone else makes them slip up. So I didn't reveal that I was doing anything other than the standard aggressive townie play, (which I have already admitted to doing) which is to say, attempting to get under the scum's skin by being aggressive towards everyone, and thus being aggressive towards the scum. And even though they now know that I am going to come after them, they still have to hold their shit together when I do.

@AeRyung: First, I did not lose my composure, I simply addressed your concerns. Second, I revealed the part of my "plan" that was (in my mind) obvious, and the part where I did not think secrecy was necessary. (Really hope I'm not wrong there). Third, uh, yeah it was provocation.

@theamatuer: You want my defense, do you have any questions for me?
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by BKWM »

@Soulblade: if you want to look for people trying too hard to blend in, I would suggest people such as yourself or Morthas or paradox, who haven't posted enough for any sort of even semi-effective analysis. Although I will grant that it is too early in the game for that to be an effective argument, and that you have been posting, and that they have legitimate reasons for not posting. I am very actively scum-hunting, although granted, I am not too terribly good at it. Yet. That's what practice is for.

@theamatuer: you are at L-2 as well, good sir. So here is my opinion on you in hopes of hearing a satisfactory defense out of you: You seem to want to be dodging suspicion by pointing the finger at everyone else, and by attempting to get bandwagons going on everyone else, while at the same time, you are at L-2, and have not done
anything
other than barely acknowledge that you were voted for at all. If you weren't already at L-2, I would vote for you. As is,
IGMEOY, theamatuer

@AeRyung: I would side with Ghostlin in that you were being silly in not actually voting for me, but now I'm at L-2 anyway, so I would appreciate it if right now you used your vote elsewhere, so that we are ensured a full and in depth discussion on Day 1.

@Morthas&paradox: thoughts? even if you have no suspicions, you're opinions can only help us find the scum. when you get the time, paradox, no pressure. Enjoy your family time.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by BKWM »

EBWOP
UNVOTE: AeRyung
VOTE: Morthas for only having one post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”