Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I don't have my selection order in my mail anymore, but I do know that I chose Non-Lantern first. Don't remember what the order was for the other two.

Vote: LLD

...simply because someone needs to be on top of that freudian slip :lol: .

Not really sure I follow the train of thought on the other two primary lynches at the moment, or if they are even serious. Andrius had a train before he even made his first post I think, and as far as I can tell, Toast is being lynched for sheeping (which I think was being asked of all of us in the RVS in the first place by Mr. Subliminal, right?).

I don't like the half-hearted attack against Kondi and Vezok by Toast though, when he says he shouldn't be called idiotic over those two.

A lot of discussion on the Miller thing, just to chime in my two cents... If IHSIB proves to be an asset to us, then I don't think he has anything to worry about. Generally, I see Millers as Vig Bait though, just to remove the WIFOM of their existence. As for his character... Isn't Guy Garner like Hal Jordan's replacement or something? I don't keep up with DC comics too much, but I just remember reading that somewhere that the different human Green Lanterns were more successors than anything else. Not sure what information can be obtained from knowing he is Guy Gardner, as my original guess to the setup was that it was probably similar to the Blackest Night one with multiple color representation. Considering my limited flavor knowledge, I won't be able to flavor meta much in this game, so don't expect much on that front, so should probably just cut my self short there.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:BTW,
Vote: Toog

This is scum looking for a mislynch.

Nice OMGUS considering I thought it was fairly common knowledge that my vote was done in jest. I even laughed about it pre-game. A little sensitive about a vote on you?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:

Nice OMGUS considering I thought it was fairly common knowledge that my vote was done in jest. I even laughed about it pre-game. A little sensitive about a vote on you?

Nice excuse, scum.

A page 6 vote is "in jest"? I don't think so. You had PLENTY go on in content and wagons. A jest vote had NO PLACE in this game. This is merely your excuse to try and avoid the pressure. Sorry, you're not dodging this.

I gave my impressions of the current ongoings from my last post. I honestly didn't think the Andrius wagon was serious, the Toast wagon might be serious, but I thought it was on the same grounds of randomness that the Andrius lynch is. Both happened so quickly, I felt they were just RVS stuff. What the hell is wrong with a RVS vote on page 6? I wasn't aware we had even left RVS yet.

BTW, OMGUS is a buzzword used by scum to get reactions and help push a wagon.

What wagon? I'm the only person on you, and I was hardly pushing for your lynch. I even added a little laughy emoticon to show the "seriousness" of the pressure I was planning on applying.

Tell me Toog, if the vote was in Jest, who are your scum/town reads?

@Town: There needs to be more votes on Toog. He's scum.

I don't even know if half the game has even posted yet. I know there has been a lot of flooding by Mr. Subliminal and mastin2, so I would put them at least in "townie enough" for now, since activity in the beginning of the game should at least be considered for pro-town behavior. I don't really have any scum reads yet.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Toogeloo »

ToastyToast wrote:Hm. Main problem I have with Toog atm is the post in which he votes LLD. If he didn’t like what I said about vezok and kondi, why is he content with using a random vote instead of someone he has infor on?

I didn't like it because I see people bash or use vezok as a scapegoat all the time. You called yourself less idiotic than them, like it should be taken for fact, which is what I didn't like. I didn't vote you for it because you already had a wagon and I wasn't sure if we needed extra votes on wagons that I wasn't even sure were serious in the first place. I also Town Hunt on Day 1. I don't get aggressive and vote around. That's just how my playstyle is.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:

Nice excuse, scum.

A page 6 vote is "in jest"? I don't think so. You had PLENTY go on in content and wagons. A jest vote had NO PLACE in this game. This is merely your excuse to try and avoid the pressure. Sorry, you're not dodging this.

BTW, OMGUS is a buzzword used by scum to get reactions and help push a wagon.

Tell me Toog, if the vote was in Jest, who are your scum/town reads?

@Town: There needs to be more votes on Toog. He's scum.

How does one
NOT
get over-defensive after a post like this? LLD came out swinging for the fences and I had to shoot down each in turn.

Nikanor wrote:E4.
Vote: Toogeloo.

I went back looking for your case on me since apparently I need to start figuring out why people hate me, and this is all I saw. What exactly is E4?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Nikanor wrote:@Toog:
E4 is a chess move.
I voted you for your reaction to LLD's "goon-slip". Not your vote, but your first post. Looking at it in iso, the transition between your first and second posts looks really insincere.
Why do you not have a serious vote down yet?

I'm not going to vote for Andrius or Toast right now. Neither wagon came off as serious the first time I looked at them. Toast's latest series of posts look townish enough that I don't even know why he has votes anymore. LLD's overreaction to my vote hasn't really given me a reason to remove it either. No one else is really standing out atm. Aside from that, I don't typically move my vote around much. As I said in my previous post, I town hunt more on Day 1. I don't vote just because people pressure me to do so.

PEDIT: LLD, did you seriously look at that post and think to yourself I was trying to get you mislynched? I didn't even present much of an argument in favor of your lynching. I really didn't think you would get as bent out of shape about it as you did considering the way I phrased it and everything :roll: . It's like when I try to make a joke at my wife when she is PMSing and she detonates on me that I am an insensitive prick or something.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Does that make sense from a flavor-perspective? Was Larfleeze a "good guy" in Brightest Day? Or is he at least not likely to be SK or Mafia this time around?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Andrius wrote:I'm still down for a massclaim. Think the game is breakable (even to a degree- destroying the scumteam/Cult would be worth it IMO)
Were you thinking along the lines of Color and Name, or did you want a full on claim, like role and all?

Also, I did find my sent requests in my Sent Box like you mentioned.

1. Non-Lantern
2. Colored Lantern
3. White/Black Lantern
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

zMuffinMan wrote:I like where my vote currently is. #276 is just like "yo I'm ready to bust out mah fakeclaim". If this Toogeloo wagon doesn't pick up for the first half of the day, I'll be moving to CJ.

I'm the leading train at the moment... What's the point of suggesting your vote switch since I am already the vote leader? Are you anticipating this train stalling (trust me, I would love nothing more myself)? Hasn't it also already been established that fake claims were more than likely given to scum members?

Ooba votes are also pretty meh. Can be summed up as: ooba random voted, ooba wants to lynch cult, ooba hasn't posted much content 3 RL days into the game.

...actually, the way you phrase it makes ooba look worse. What player's mindset is only happy lynching third party scum and then disappearing for large chunks of time? Scum typically focus on third party hunts and are prone to slip that they are only hunting that faction at times.

Nikanor wrote:and if someone claims Swamp Thing, we can probably say goodbye to the white lanterns ever becoming activated, etc etc.

How are you under the impression that there is no active White Lanterns? Didn't you claim to be one already?

@nopoint:
You claim the Andrius train smells funky and then listed 3 names that are mostly considered town on several lists (mastin, Toast, Subliminal). Is this you claiming that you think one or more of those names is scum and that you don't trust where most other people's reads are at the moment? Because I still read that as 3 people doing a random train at the beginning of the day. Not really funky, just random, and likely ready to peter out.

I do agree though, CJ makes a good case, and with MuffinMan's latest post, I wonder if he made a terrible attempt at protecting a buddy.

FoS: MuffinMan
Unvote;
Vote: ooba
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

zMuffinMan wrote:Just answer a few questions to me. Make believe you're town for a sec.

1) If you think Ooba is scummy for focusing on finding cult, do you think it's ironic that CJ is focused on finding mafia?
2) Why do you think I, as scum, would feel at all compelled to defend Ooba, my buddy, who has very little suspicion at the moment?
3) What was the purpose of your question to Nikanor?

I'm hoping Nikanor doesn't answer that question.

1. If you mean, do I think CJ is Third Party for hunting Mafia, no. I mean, it's plausible, but my mind does not immediately jump to him as CR simply because he is hunting scum, since after all, that is what 90% of the rest of us are trying (or appear to be trying) to do.

2. You could be either trying to shunt the case that CJ provided while it's still in infancy against ooba, or you could be hoping to protect a powerful role in ooba. Both are viable reasons for protecting an ally from being lynched.

3. I was wondering for what reason Nik mentioned that the White Lanterns weren't activated already, or why he even felt that there was an activation period for the White Lanterns. It felt that there was some form of hidden information in what he said.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote ooba

My ability seems stronger after I realized this is double lynch.

You switch from me to ooba without a real reason; do you think we are both scum, or are you just trying to be on the leading wagon?

(tans, didn't your mechanic from last game require you to be on the lynch at the end of the day or something?)
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Oversoul wrote:Toog, why would you continue to vote for her when she softclaimed already? And why would you hunt town on D1? With two anti-town factions, one of which can change alignments, wouldn't it make more sense to hunt for scum?
First of all, I'm not voting LLD anymore. I am lost in all this flavor discussion as it is, and if she soft-claimed, it went right over my head. There wasn't NEARLY this much flavor and setup meta in the last game, and every time I look at someone for action, I see more and more discussion about setup, or PMs, or game breaking mechanisms.

Secondly, I base a lot of my scumhunting on gut and whether I feel how sincere a player is in what they are posting. Some things can make my gut twinge the other way as well, but often times, it's harder to tell the difference between aggressive or gambiting town in this particular case. Analysis makes up the rest of my hunting, like how likely would a player do this as scum or town, or interactions between people, but that usually doesn't start kicking in until after Day 1. In short, I find it easier to trust my town reads over my scum reads on Day 1 when using my gut.

GhostWriter wrote:
(Hint: he's scum. Now confirmed. Especially with Friend apparently as town. There should be zero doubt that Ghost is scum.)

Wait, how is Friend confirmed town?
I'm assuming it's off of the "PMs" that were handed out to some players by the mod. I myself didn't get one, but 3 or 4 people apparently did and confirmed themselves as a ModPM Masonry or something... happened around bottom of page 13 I think.

---
Nikanor wrote:oh holy shit that clears things up
who else just got a pm?

zMuffinMan wrote:me.

Friend wrote:Me. Makes a lot more sense.

Nikanor wrote:Okay.
MOD PM MASONRY? FRIEND AND MUFFIN AND NIKANOR AGAINST THE WORLD

There is a little more to it after that, but that's essentially the gist of it, and why I think he claims Friend is confirmed town.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Nikanor wrote:
Kast wrote:Are you guys actually claiming some sort of mod guilty on Toog?

Yes.

No one should believe this, and I will exclaim my disbelief first and foremost. First of all, I highly doubt you would allow ooba to get as close to being lynched as he is without throwing some sort of temper tantrum that you have a guilty on a target. Secondly, unless 1) someone Day Framed me, or 2) you are insane, or 3) you are lying, you would not be getting a guilty scan on me if you did indeed receive a message stating that I was guilty from the mod. You have not treated me in any way as a type to have a scan against them, and it's been more of a little troupe pointing from the corner.

Finally, you've already claimed that though none are likely the CR, there is a likelihood of scum in your mod-masonry. So, yeah, good luck with your "fake" mod guilty on me, as I can smell it for the bullshit that it is.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Friend wrote:Obvious Nikanor joke and an overreaction by Toog.

Lynch him, guys.

I ignored it for as long as it was evident it didn't seem serious. Once he stated there was a "guilty" on me, I couldn't sit there and just let myself be smeared.

ooba wrote:
@Toog: Claim

Ganthet, Green Lantern Jack of All Trades [Cop, Doc, Vig]

Look how fast these votes switched from a claimed Governor to the second vote leader. Yeah, this doesn't reek.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Friend wrote:Obvious Nikanor joke and an overreaction by Toog.

Lynch him, guys.

--------------------
ToastyToast wrote:@Toog: How could there be a coordinated "fake" mod guilty? If the others involved too say that they have a mod-guilty, then it cannot be ignored. If Nikanor is lying and the other two disagree...that's another story, isn't it.

Ugh, I have a bad experience with governors, but I guess it makes sense for any faction given the whole double-lynch thing. Willing to listen to Tans.

tanstalas wrote:Well whatever, we have two lynches, If Nik is scum and going 1 for 1 we can still lynch him today. Would be a stupid play from him. Though I wouldn't doubt that someone in his masonry is scum. 3 person masronry seems a bit OP

Unvote:
Vote Toog

Obviously, not a joke to some people...
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Toogeloo »

ooba wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.

Timeline is wrong. This game presumably takes place between the end of Blackest night and the beginning of Brightest Day. As evidenced by
- White lanterns not being part of the game yet
- The 24-hour ring deputization which happened towards the end of Blackest night
"In responce to this, Ganthet activated a hidden code in the power rings which forcibly duplicated them, and sent these duplicates off to find other bearers. Presumably this code is different from the other more common method of duplication, which was in fact a temporary construct intended to deputize an individual for 24 hours. With one of the Green Rings, Ganthet became a deputy Green Lantern."

So since Ganthet was supposed to be the one responsible to this 24-hour power transfer, you can't be a green lantern as of this moment yet as that happens later.
With the end of the Blackest Night, Ganthet along with Guy Gardner had secret communiques with the Red Lantern leader Atrocitus who told them to come to Ysmault. There, Ganthet explained his mysterious goals to the Red Lantern with the three agreeing to a form of pact between them. With that complete, Ganthet returned to Oa in order to make the ultimate sacrifice which was resigning himself from the status as Guardian of the Universe of any of the Corps and instead become devoted to becoming a Green Lantern.

tl;dr - You cannot be a Green lantern on D1 given the other claims.

Flavor meta? When did that ever not get anyone in to trouble?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Toogeloo »

ooba wrote:- Justice league has a "Hostile" result on Toog.

Which I just quoted was an "obvious joke."

Their only intention was to get a rise out of me apparently.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3735 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3730, Kast wrote:Toog you didn't tell us you got an EXTRA KILL.

I didn't tell you because I didn't realize I did until after I was already lynched. Not that it would have mattered... I doubt any one of you would have tried to save me from being lynched as it's not worth sticking your neck out on a Double Day that early.

It was a complacency issue in reading my Role PM. I thought of Janitor in only a particular way, and that the "Extra" was just me getting a second use of it.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3753 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3752, hiplop wrote:AND imo it wouldve worked if it wasnt for KJ

That meddling kid!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Going into night, Kast probably would have eaten a block I imagine, but even if he didn't, he would have had to still get two mislynches on the next day. Even if he successfully managed to swing Vezok's mislynch first, I really don't think he would have gotten away with the next one.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3779 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3774, danakillsu wrote:I preferred to just give the mafia two extra kills to be used at their discretion, since their fakeclaims were intentionally worse than the cult's. And making them janitor kills just made it that much more fun.

Then you should have just given the Mafia two extra kills instead of a Role that did it. "Twice during the game, your faction can kill an additional target at night." Trying to balance the team with the role leads to a situation like what happened to me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3791 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3780, GreyICE wrote:Yeah, but the point about making it a role is that the role brings skill to the game. It's like saying 'well if you want the town to have a cop, why not just let all the townies vote on who to investigate each day?'

Your role especially brings up some interesting questions. If you're wagoned, do you fakeclaim something that's confirmable, guaranteeing your lynch eventually, but possibly keeping you alive 2 critical night phases? Does the scumteam sacrifice a less valuable role to increase your towncred?

It's generally assumed that the town has to work to protect their PRs, yet scum feel they should get the effects stock rather than face similar problems?

Every now and then I think scumteams really have this feeling of entitlement. No, all of our claims need to be provable, risk free, and safe (Busdriver? Oh come on, how often do two people really know they've been busdriven? Almost never. You could fakeclaim busdriver for a year). No, our PRs shouldn't matter.

AHEM.

The stock 'double day' game is 13:3, all Vanilla. This was err... 15:6. PLUS CULT. Yeah, we made life difficult for the scumteam. It was balanced by them being SO FRAKKIN ENORMOUS.
Difference being that this game is about numbers. If town loses the cop, they don't lose the numbers game. If the scum team is "balanced" around a role able to make up the difference in kills, and they lose it on the first lynch, it's a severe blow to their inherent balance.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”