Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, I'm just gonna get some questions out just so we can get to know each other a bit.
1. How many games have you played at MafiaScum?
2. Have you played anywhere else prior to MafiaScum?
3. Do you believe in magic?
4. Know any of the other players in the game from prior games?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, just want to get some discussion going.

Also, trust the dice roller.

VOTE: Scumhunter
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am

Post by BBmolla »

BBmolla wrote:1. How many games have you played at MafiaScum?
2. Have you played anywhere else prior to MafiaScum?
3. Do you believe in magic?
4. Know any of the other players in the game from prior games?

Forgot to answer my own questions.

1. This is technically my second, I just "finished" my first and I also replaced in another game.
2. I played, and still do, at EpicMafia. I have tried playing in real life with friends, but alas, 18 year olds would rather do illegal things than think in a game if you get me.
3. Yeah, but normally I prefer not to play a Wizard/Sorceror class. The spell sheets annoy me. A Cleric is fine though. Like a spellcaster except not a pansy.
4. I don't really recognize anyone, except maybe Scumhunter who I've seen elsewhere on the site.

Also, just a request, cav could you get an avatar? It makes you easier to see, like when rereading.

I Am Innocent wrote:Why the "truly random" vote?

Cause I don't think we can scumhunt off of an introductory post. Do you?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Honest Abel wrote:Does anybody care about anyone else's answers to those four questions? I feel like it was just a stupid survey and I'm never going to read anyone else's answers or think about it again.

Let's get to something a little meatier. If you were mafia and this game had actually had a Night start, who would you have killed and why?

I don't like this post at all. The four questions are to get aquainted with people, because how I read people is completely different based on how experienced someone is.

You're question is absolutely pointless, considering:
A. 7/9 town is NOT mafia.
B. If there were a Night start kill, who would die would most likely be random considering half of us don't know each other.

You're giving off a "let's get down to business, enough with this tomfoolery," attitude, which in my opinion is scummy. I'm not going to be leading a lynch on you or anything as of yet, but I've got my eye on you.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

But your question is pointless because it puts people in the shoes of the mafia, which the mafia are already in, so they have no need to lie.
Also, killing more experienced players gives us no info it just shows that we understand the obvious.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EBWOP: Lemme rephrase, people saying they'd kill experienced players gives us no info it just shows that they understand the obvious.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Honest Abel wrote:Maybe this is just me, but when I was mafia in my last game, I found the major fault of the town team is that they didn't force me to lie a single time in the game. I was able to honestly scumhunt like any other townie, which is part of why the IC said at one point that I was "100% town." It wasn't until the final day when it was me and two townies left, that one of the less experienced players finally put a decent question out there: "Who would you have killed Night 3?" It was the first thing in the game that made me remember that I was mafia and it made me sweat just thinking about how to answer it. Should I tell the truth and say I'd kill the guy who I killed? Or should I lie? If I were to lie, I would have had to go back through the ENTIRE game and make sure the person I picked didn't conflict with something I'd said in the past. That's when I realized, or began to hypothesize, that forcing mafia to lie is an awesome tactic. And I was about to go through the entire thread to make sure I could say some lie, when the other townie voted for that guy and I was able to hammer and win. Otherwise, I think such a question would have done me in.

So that's why I'm asking my question. I would appreciate it if you'd answer rather than skirt the issue, BBmolla.

It all depends. The question of "Who would you have killed if it was night start," is dumb because no one died so the answer is by default for everyone the most experienced players.

In your situation, it also depends on who you actually killed and why you did kill them. If it you did it to frame someone of course you're going to lie and say you'd kill someone else. If you did it because it was the most townish player, then obviously you can tell the truth and say the person who died cause they were most townish.

The mafia need to create themselves as a town player and need to create a position where from their point of view, others look like mafia. If you don't have any mafia from your point of view, you're going to get lynched because your point of view makes no sense.

It depends on the player who died and the game being played. However, at this point in the game, nobody died so your question is pointless.

Good enough for you?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

whilst wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:So that's why I'm asking my question. I would appreciate it if you'd answer rather than skirt the issue, BBmolla.

I think you can safely assume he would've picked an IC. The only reason he'd continue to argue with you is if he were mafia and wished to delay further discussion.

I'm continuing to argue because his logic is flawed and I'm trying to make him see that, not cause I'm scum. To me it isn't the kind of logic town would use so I'm looking into it. I'm not delaying the game, I'm looking into a player who is having behavior that I find untownish. By doing so, I may discover he is actually town, who knows. Ignoring it is not the right move.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Scumhunter wrote:I hate RVS. Like absolutely despite it. Just saying. Someone else do all the work and generate content and I'll help find the scum later.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of it. It's a tradition though, and I've found that fighting tradition can only end badly.

For now I'll
UNVOTE: Scumhunter
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Wickedestjr wrote:
BBmolla
BBmolla wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Why the "truly random" vote?

Cause I don't think we can scumhunt off of an introductory post. Do you?

I understand that we can't scumhunt based off of an introductory post, but why did you choose to make your vote completely random rather than think of a jokey or random reason? Wouldn't scum be more likely to cast a vote that they don't have to take any responsibility for?

BBmolla wrote:I don't like this post at all. The four questions are to get aquainted with people, because how I read people is completely different based on how experienced someone is.

You're question is absolutely pointless, considering:
A. 7/9 town is NOT mafia.
B. If there were a Night start kill, who would die would most likely be random considering half of us don't know each other.

You're giving off a "let's get down to business, enough with this tomfoolery," attitude, which in my opinion is scummy. I'm not going to be leading a lynch on you or anything as of yet, but I've got my eye on you.

If you see nothing else that is more suspicious, then why not vote for Honest Abel? Did you think you would get more use out of your random vote?

Personally, I don't have any issue with any of the questions asked thus far. In fact, I have my own question to ask everyone. @Everyone- Did you want to be mafia or town this game? Which allignment would you have liked to receive the most?

I, like scumhunter, think RVS is a lousy tradition. Take note of the "
Random
Voting State."

I haven't voted Abel because I want to take everyone into consideration before I vote to lynch somebody. Also, I've learned that first looks can be decieving, so I want it to go on a bit more and see his and everyone elses interactions with each other before I make a vote.

Also, I just want to say I'm not a fan of your question because it seems a bit rolefishy to me. I don't see what makes this game any different than other games, but I always prefer to be aligned with the town.

lolAlso just testing this out, it's pretty cool.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, well everyone has gotten a chance to talk, I think I'll place this here for now unless he is able to change my mind with some towntells or if someone seems scummier.

VOTE: Honest Abel

Who I'd like to see more from:
Scumhunter
- 1 post

Scumhunter wrote:Someone else do all the work and generate content and I'll help find the scum later.

I don't like this attitude at all, lurking is a terrible thing to do and if I see it becoming a pattern I will be looking your way. We get no town tells or scum tells from you, and because a town member isn't generally afraid of giving off towntells, I can only assume at this point you are scared scum. There is stuff to talk about, join the discussion. Otherwise my vote may just boomerang right back to you.
I am Innocent
- 2 posts

I like you're second post, but show me some more good posts so I can develop a better read on you.

Overall I just want to say, as far as newbie towns go we don't seem to have any members that shine as possible VI's as of yet which is a positive thing in my eyes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hm.

While Abel's case is wrong of course, it's a good case. His scumhunting is well done, and his response to the L-1 was good imo. He's reading null as opposed to null scum, I'll take this off.

UNVOTE: Honest Abel

Incoming crap about sheeping or whatever. It sucks when the other town shares your opinion before you even read theirs.

Would you like me to try to argue the points or shall we avoid another arguement?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

Wickedestjr wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I, like scumhunter, think RVS is a lousy tradition. Take note of the "Random Voting State."

If you think RVS is a lousy tradition, then why participate in it? Do you think there is a better way to generate a serious discussion? Also, you chose to participate, so I'll ask you again. Why did you choose to make your vote completely random rather than think of a jokey or random reason? Wouldn't scum be more likely to cast a vote that they don't have to take any responsibility for?

I won't be from now on. I personally am not a fan of day 1 as it's almost always a ML. D1 is just kind of sitting around waiting for someone to show a slip of some sort. I prefer questions D1, as I posted. I believe that everyone should have a post or two before RVS begins just so people have something to off of other than dumb reasons like a silly name or something. I don't think scum would cast a random vote as I did, because apparently it gathers attention which is the opposite of what they want.

Wickedestjr wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I haven't voted Abel because I want to take everyone into consideration before I vote to lynch somebody. Also, I've learned that first looks can be decieving, so I want it to go on a bit more and see his and everyone elses interactions with each other before I make a vote.

Okay, but note that you can change your vote whenever you want and sometimes the best way to determine someone's allignment is by voting them.

I know. Just old roots from EpicMafia, where a random vote must be given a reason or you will be lynched.

Wickedestjr wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Also, I just want to say I'm not a fan of your question because it seems a bit rolefishy to me. I don't see what makes this game any different than other games, but I always prefer to be aligned with the town.

I don't think it is rolefishing. Rolefishing is where you ask a player questions that could reveal what their allignment is. I'm not asking you anything about your role in this game, but I'm asking if you would have preferred to be town or scum.

Alright, fair enough.

Also, in regards to the D0 kill WIFOM, I didn't even think about it that way. It never occured to me, that's the honest truth. Also, in the D0 kill scenario, would PRs get a chance to perform their night actions? Cause Doc/Jail would probably be on the most experienced players so that would change the mentality behind it a bit.

Gonna take a look back in a bit at all the players posts and try to get some early reads.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #80 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:30 am

Post by BBmolla »

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I don't think scum would cast a random vote as I did, because apparently it gathers attention which is the opposite of what they want.
It's not like you knew it would garner attention before you did it. I don't think it makes any sense at all to say that no scum would do what you did, not to mention that's quite a suspicious assertion to make.

I didn't say no scum would. I'm saying it's not a scumtell cause a person on either side would do it.

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Okay, but note that you can change your vote whenever you want and sometimes the best way to determine someone's allignment is by voting them.

I know. Just old roots from EpicMafia, where a random vote must be given a reason or you will be lynched.
He wasn't talking about random voting anymore, he was talking about why you were so shy about voting for me despite your suspicions.

Wasn't thinking. I hesitated because I thought you were scum, but wasn't absolutely sure. When others shared my view, it coaxed me a bit to vote. Not mindless sheeping, just a group reassurance.

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Also, in regards to the D0 kill WIFOM, I didn't even think about it that way. It never occured to me, that's the honest truth. Also, in the D0 kill scenario, would PRs get a chance to perform their night actions? Cause Doc/Jail would probably be on the most experienced players so that would change the mentality behind it a bit.
Fluff.

Fine. Then we'll drop it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I don't think scum would cast a random vote as I did, because apparently it gathers attention which is the opposite of what they want.
It's not like you knew it would garner attention before you did it. I don't think it makes any sense at all to say that no scum would do what you did, not to mention that's quite a suspicious assertion to make.

I didn't say no scum would. I'm saying it's not a scumtell cause a person on either side would do it.
That may be what you think you said, but it's certainly not what you said. You've backtracked and said something absolutely different. Not digging it. Scummy.

Both my statements were true. I don't think a scum would cast a random vote because it gathers attention. However, scum and town both could do so. I just worded it badly.

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:He wasn't talking about random voting anymore, he was talking about why you were so shy about voting for me despite your suspicions.

Wasn't thinking. I hesitated because I thought you were scum, but wasn't absolutely sure. When others shared my view, it coaxed me a bit to vote. Not mindless sheeping, just a group reassurance.
This isn't the first time you've been swayed by the crowd. It's not even the first time you've
admitted
being swayed by the crowd before anyone even accuses you of anything. Are you going to continue the rest of the game going "I know this looks scummy, but I'm doing it anyway"?

If I agree with the rest of the crowd than yes. I'm not going to purposely change my views because others share them.

Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Also, in regards to the D0 kill WIFOM, I didn't even think about it that way. It never occured to me, that's the honest truth. Also, in the D0 kill scenario, would PRs get a chance to perform their night actions? Cause Doc/Jail would probably be on the most experienced players so that would change the mentality behind it a bit.
Fluff.

Fine. Then we'll drop it.
So after all of the flak you gave for how my question was irrelevant, you suddenly find it interesting enough to ruminate on it and then simply drop it entirely after I say one word? Good for dropping it, but the way you're giving in to every little assertion now and every sway of the group seems to be right in the vein of what whilst has been accused of, only worse. It's quite an inexplicable change of character, isn't it?
[/quote]
I interpretted "Fluff" as "Who cares." So I dropped it. I'm not going to argue over a question that doesn't matter, and I respect that you don't really want to discuss it.

Just saying, this is going to go on forever.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #91 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I can understand the want to end D1. I'm at L-1. Does anyone have any intent on hammering?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1530 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

That was a ridiculously long, but well played game.

That quick hammer day 1 was laaame.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1536 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Was there a scum QT?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1537 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Er lemme rephrase, could we see the scum QT?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1538 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

>Honest Able
>500 posts

Dear god.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1541 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

cavjj wrote:Theres two things I have to say first. Molla, I can really only apologise for the hammer. I wanted to see what I could get away with. Genuinely the time between my post saying i might vote, and the hammer, was myself having an internal ethical argument and analysis about what would happen D2 if I did it. Sorry dude.

Lol it's fine, I get a town win with only 15 posts.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1572 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Scum quicktopic?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”