Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Ethos »

Alright, there's two possibilities, the first being LLD had Ninja the second being that Voided is the robber with ninja. If the first one is the case then the no-visit on Voided makes him clear however considering he's the only one who currently holds the knowledge of whether this is the case or not it's meaningless HOWEVER if someone wins Graverobber and uses it on LLD they can confirm/clear Voided. Let's play this scenario out, if we find out that she did have ninja we will have Voided as a 100% clear and the ability to know that robber cannot visit without being caught, this means we can advertise robber and continuously track people to mass-clear players or track robber into being unable to do anything.

Considering that it's now confirmed that robber has roleblocker it means that mafia (LLD) had the night-kill, since GreyICE was role-blocked there's only two night-kills in play being the night-kill auctioned today and the night-kill attached to LLD or Icey which will be stolen tonight. So what I suggest is this; We no lynch today however we give Seacore the hammer and tell him to snipe-massive bid on Graverobber before the day ends. We have another player bid on the night-kill and we ask them to not use it (I'm thinking Void due to his funds and the fact that he'll either be confirmed or cleared either way him holding a night-kill would be beneficial). This means there should be zero deaths tonight and any kill occurring would mean that either Seacore or Voided would become confirmed mafia otherwise we would be going into day seven with Voided being a clear holding night-kill. With this occurring we can have someone advertise doctor and save Voided every night while having people donate and ship funds to him.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Ethos »

Voidedmafia wrote:Anyways:
D2: Auction Detective x2, Ninja x4
D3: Vote Freeze x1
D4: NK x1.

Are you 100% positive that this is exactly what she held and only this? Make sure you are before responding.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Absolutely, positively, 100% sure.

'Course, there's no garauntee that she actually hasn't used them yet, but I'd assume NK was used N4, at least.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Ethos »

Ugh. That means she didn't actually win gravedigger meaning that Robber did and stole Ninja of IceyGuy. Gah, ignore #1150 it's irrelevant now.

Slaxx needs to get online.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I don't think the 2nd paragraph is irrelevant, though.

HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

Dammit, I was getting all excited and whatnot. :(
Irritating Jerry since 1991
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by hiphop »

GreyICE wrote:Then he didn't block me, or he's bulletproof.
That is what I was thinking. With the setup, it is probable that he is.

I was thinking today, about what will happen at the end. If there is only the SK, and town, would it not be plausible that the Sk would be bulletproof(since he doesn't have a kill already) to prevent the game from going into a bidding war? It is also plausible that GI saved his Nk, for the end game.

Currently, I have $923, and I am not wasting it Ethos. The way I look at it, everyone is clear of being the sk, therefore anyone could be it. So, I will not be transferring any funds. I am going to win an auction today, I don't care which auction(you pick), but with my funds, I will win one. And personally, if there is a lynch today, I would rather see gravedigger go into the grave with the lynchee.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Ethos wrote:Alright, there's two possibilities, the first being LLD had Ninja the second being that Voided is the robber with ninja. If the first one is the case then the no-visit on Voided makes him clear however considering he's the only one who currently holds the knowledge of whether this is the case or not it's meaningless HOWEVER if someone wins Graverobber and uses it on LLD they can confirm/clear Voided. Let's play this scenario out, if we find out that she did have ninja we will have Voided as a 100% clear and the ability to know that robber cannot visit without being caught, this means we can advertise robber and continuously track people to mass-clear players or track robber into being unable to do anything.

Considering that it's now confirmed that robber has roleblocker it means that mafia (LLD) had the night-kill, since GreyICE was role-blocked there's only two night-kills in play being the night-kill auctioned today and the night-kill attached to LLD or Icey which will be stolen tonight. So what I suggest is this; We no lynch today however we give Seacore the hammer and tell him to snipe-massive bid on Graverobber before the day ends. We have another player bid on the night-kill and we ask them to not use it (I'm thinking Void due to his funds and the fact that he'll either be confirmed or cleared either way him holding a night-kill would be beneficial). This means there should be zero deaths tonight and any kill occurring would mean that either Seacore or Voided would become confirmed mafia otherwise we would be going into day seven with Voided being a clear holding night-kill. With this occurring we can have someone advertise doctor and save Voided every night while having people donate and ship funds to him.

Huh. Well we can't ever advertise doctor again.

Damn mechanics plan, Ethos, give me the meat. How's this going to catch scum for us, what's your reads, man?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Ethos wrote:Ugh. That means she didn't actually win gravedigger meaning that Robber did and stole Ninja of IceyGuy. Gah, ignore #1150 it's irrelevant now.

Slaxx needs to get online.

Wait, doesn't LLD have Ninja? That's investigation immunity he stole, and that means that not only is he non-mafia, he investigates as town, so cop shots are like 2x as worthless as they were.

Tracker results are still good, Voided is confirmed town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Seacore »

Just a heads up, my wife is 40 weeks pregnant and we're expecting 'go time' really any moment. So there's a tentative V/LA in the air from here on out.

That being said.

I believe I'm confirmed town, since my questions alerted us to the robber/SK role. I could have lied or asked different questions, so yeah, I'm town.
If voided can be confirmed town, and I've only skimmed through so far, then we've won. We just lynch and NK our way through the remaining players until we win. We just need to insure that we always win the NK. We can do this through transfers of cash prior to lynching.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Ethos »

Magua wrote: Roleblocker (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night, except for roleblocks, will fail. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected. If the Targeted ability would return a result, it will instead return “Ability failed”.

Considering that night-kill is a 'Targeted' ability would this receive a message back saying "Ability blocked" if roleblocked?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by hiphop »

I think the above would decide on whether or not Void is nk immune. Gi did magua send you a messsage?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Ethos »

I need to stop derping and start sleeping more, you're correct the tracker result means that Voided is clear of being robber if LLD had ninja. This means our aim for todays auction should be:

1. Voided still holds Hitman so my thoughts are that Voided wins night-kill however no bid should be placed until near-end of the day.
2. Grey can win watcher and watch Voided tonight to make sure that no funny business occurs.
3. Seacore wins Gravedigger and uses it to target LLD, if she does indeed have ninja we know that Voided is 100% clear.
4. We advertise tracker today.

Grey, I've told you my reads already but I'll do so again;

1. Seacore is town, I'm near certain on this for multiple reasons stated yesterday.
2. Voided is town, he's essentially near-clear and tonight with Seacore taking Gravedigger he'll be completely clear.
3. GreyICE is town, there's multiple reasons behind this and Slaxx finally agrees with them.

That leaves Newman and Hiphop and although I won't deny that Newman has been scummy I really do not seem him as robber, his actions and reactions to the role being in the game make me severely doubt it's him. I really think it's hiphop at this point.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by hiphop »

Do you or do you not believe that the sk might be nk immune?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Ethos »

I don't believe they are nk immune for a few reasons. The first being they're already investigation immune (Show up Not Mafia on cop reports) and on average there's only one night-kill per night phase therefore the threat of being night-killed is minimal for them and furthermore the fact that items such as roleblocker and bulletproof exist decrease the need for them to have night-kill immunity.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Ethos wrote:
Magua wrote: Roleblocker (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night, except for roleblocks, will fail. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected. If the Targeted ability would return a result, it will instead return “Ability failed”.

Considering that night-kill is a 'Targeted' ability would this receive a message back saying "Ability blocked" if roleblocked?

I didn't get any message.

Magua: ???
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by hiphop »

Sounds reasonable. So, we should do my lynch today and the nk on Newman tonight. Why put off the inevitable? I think I should take commuter to the grave with me. That way the sk can't have it. Also 84 hours into today I will be getting $450, which I will be transferring to Seacore, with the rest of my funds. Sound good?

Personally, I believe it must be Newman. With Newman at the top of GI's list, me pushing for a voided nk, I don't believe you could be the sk, being why would you Rb GI, when the nk was between Newman and voided? Leaving the Robber outside the neighborhood. The only other solutions is that IG held onto the kill, hoping to use it later, to win the game.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by hiphop »

GreyICE wrote:
Ethos wrote:

I didn't get any message.

Magua: ???

Wait, what? Magua?? Ethos, what do you think of Voided now?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by hiphop »

Magua wrote: Roleblocker (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night, except for roleblocks, will fail. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected.
If the Targeted ability would return a result
, it will instead return “Ability failed”.
Nevermind, just read the bolded. Continue with the plan of lynching me, and nk'ing Newman.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

HellloooNewman wrote:Dammit, I was getting all excited and whatnot. :(

Excited? What did you have to get all excited for? -_-

Also, whoever sniped Doc from me would probably be scum.

HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

I have last will, so NK me, that way my inventory goes to Seacore.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 6.1

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Not voting (6): Voidedmafia, Ethos, GreyICE, HellloooNewman, hiphop, Seacore

Deadline is August 19th, at 10:00am EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-08-19 10:00:00)

Most Advertised Ability:
None

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
Countdown
41Commuter x 2$25-5 days(expired on 2011-08-10 10:00:00)
42Gravedigger x 1$40-7 days(expired on 2011-08-12 10:00:00)
43Night-kill x 1$50-7 days(expired on 2011-08-12 10:00:00)
44Watcher x 1$20-7 days(expired on 2011-08-12 10:00:00)

Spoiler: Abridged Ability Glossary
  • Commuter (Personal):
    All Targeted abilities that target you will be roleblocked. However, you may not activate any of your Targeted abilities. Personal abilities may be activated and will continue to work as normal. If a Targeted ability that would return a result is used on you, it will instead return “Ability failed”.
  • Gravedigger (Targeted):
    Choose another player who has died. You will receive all of the abilities they had when they died. This activation and the dead player who was chosen will be announced in-thread, but not who activated it or what was received.
  • Night-kill (Targeted):
    Choose another player. That player will die unless protected.
  • Watcher (Targeted):
    Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. However, other abilities may modify the result of the report. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.

Ethos wrote:Considering that night-kill is a 'Targeted' ability would this receive a message back saying "Ability blocked" if roleblocked?

No. By "result", I mean "report". Abilities that do not return a report (Doctor, Love Potion, Night-kill, etc) will not be informed of being roleblocked.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Ethos »

Understood, thanks for the clarification Magua. I think it's safe to say that GreyICE was roleblocked rather than an alternate acton occurring meaning the visit on Voided makes him clear as soon as someone wins gravedigger and checks LLD. Newmans volunteerism of being night-killed as opposed to lynched reads as a town-tell especially since he's not part of the neighborhood and therefore has no ability to convince the person holding night-kill to do differently at a later time.

Grey and Seacore, an elaboration on your current reads would be highly appreciated and Hip, you strongly believed Newman wasn't the SK just recently can you explain the change of heart without saying that it's solely due to Voided becoming clear please.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 am

Post by hiphop »

hiphop wrote:Personally, I believe it must be Newman. With Newman at the top of GI's list, me pushing for a voided nk, I don't believe you could be the sk, being why would you Rb GI, when the nk was between Newman and voided? Leaving the Robber outside the neighborhood. The only other solutions is that IG held onto the kill, hoping to use it later, to win the game.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 am

Post by hiphop »

You said you would use it today, so if you don't mind...
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”