Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Zdenek »

bvoigt wrote:
Zdenek wrote:Magister (and Amrun for that matter, since she was on the xvart wagon), your willingness to vote for me seems pretty strange considering that you are on the xvart wagon. I know that I am not scum, but in general, the chances that the two lead wagons are on scum is pretty low in any game. There is of course the chance that we are both town, but if you think that xvart is scum, then it makes little sense to think that I am scum too.

This is an appeal to probability, I believe. It reads like scum trying desperately to stay alive.

So townies shouldn't fight their lynches?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I don't like that post either. UGH.

All, well, it's all a coin-flip to me. If this then that, if that then this. I believe we at least have a couple more days. killdocs target cultdocs yes?

UNVOTE:

xvart wrote:Now that you are claimed I would like to hear more detail about the flavor that led you to believe you were unrecruitable.

The "flavor" I was refering to was shooting people that enter my home, or booby-trapping them, I'm not sure which I canonically do. Combine that with the part that's probably in every town PM about how I didn't like the bombing and you get me thinking I'm unrecruitable. I mean there are very few possibilities for the purpose of my role. I think my purpose is to kill recruited power roles and/or the cultists Kinetic delegates to cult players (assuming the recruiting ability is factional). When I got my response from the mod that said it was supposed to be vague, I decided I'd rather not take the chance and make it sound like the cults would have to kill me, so that I could kill at least one, guranteed, instead of hoping I'd kill them without also being recruited. Which would suck.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 am

Post by bvoigt »

Zdenek wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Zdenek wrote:Magister (and Amrun for that matter, since she was on the xvart wagon), your willingness to vote for me seems pretty strange considering that you are on the xvart wagon. I know that I am not scum, but in general, the chances that the two lead wagons are on scum is pretty low in any game. There is of course the chance that we are both town, but if you think that xvart is scum, then it makes little sense to think that I am scum too.

This is an appeal to probability, I believe. It reads like scum trying desperately to stay alive.

Not with that crappy reasoning.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Zdenek »

bvoigt wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
bvoigt wrote:

Not with that crappy reasoning.

If I was suspicious of someone and suddenly a huge wagon appeared on another player, I'd have to have a damn good reason to switch to it because of the possibility that it was a counter-wagon by scum to prevent the lynch of one of their own.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Yeah, but I guess it could be argued xvart was the attempted wagon/counterwagon.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Amrun »

I usually find Cobbler to be more sure of himself as town. Not liking him.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I'm sure it's one group or the other. That's why I'm flip-flopping. I think Flameaxe is the optimal lynch out of the three of him, xvart, and zdenek. but it's no big loss if one of the other two is lynched instead. Anyway, are all plans sorted out?

Ooba, Amrun, Ludi, are you ready if zed is lynched?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 am

Post by ooba »

Nothing has been sorted out since:
- Nobody has agreed on bvoigt cult-docing me
- A bunch of people not telling me their base locations for my watch to be useful

I'll make it simple
- If you think I'm cult, lynch me today
- Otherwise, cut the "I'm suspicious because he wants location" BS and go ahead with this
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Just watch 3. The police station. You have two of the more powerful roles in the game both at the same place.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 am

Post by ooba »

Magister Ludi wrote:Just watch 3. The police station. You have two of the more powerful roles in the game both at the same place.

But if your claims are true, one of you would know if the other was recruited anyway - so watching your substation would be a waste of the watch .. (The only situation where it's useful is a recruited-vig killing you - but it's a suboptimal move as they would put themselves in a 50-50% with Batt-NS)

And if I am right - I don't think Hero's starting location will be the same as yours - I anticipate different base locations for everyone. (Otherwise I could watch two people with one action - which seems overpowered)
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

I don't think Hero knows if I am recruited or not outside of his own investigative abilities. I don't think it would be a waste of a watch anyways.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Battousai »

Zdenek wrote:
Battousai wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
Battousai wrote:Zdenek- Don't give me that BS. Tell me how you would have gotten away with viging Andrius right now. What did Andrius post that made him look like scum?

That is not what I am arguing. I just don't think that scum would use the excuse for vigging someone that Nobody Special did. If you think scum would use that reason, show me an example of it.

Couldn't think of a reason, I see. So, how about if he said it was from an earlier grudge? It's not the best reason, but it is more plausible than trying to call Andrius scum.

So, that pretty much confirms my suspicion on Zdenek. You made a throwaway comment, without having anything really to back it up. That is scum appearing to participate and scumhunt, when in actuallity is just actively lurk.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zdenek

Stating that you wouldn't support a lynch (in this case, that I wouldn't support NS's lynch) is not making a throwaway comment.

When NS isn't under suspicion, not even close to a lynch, it becomes a throwaway comment.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh yeah, Yos, do you have an ability that you'd like to use tonight? A cultdoc could target you instead of Ludi. Right guys?

@Hero: Are you sure you don't have any results for today?

Once these last two things are sorted, I'll hammer if nothing else has changed.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Actually, I might not be opposed to xvart, ConSpiracy, Bunnylover, Flameaxe, Battousai(?), Nobody Special(?), and myself to reveal our homebases. But everyone would have to agree to it before it starts.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Magister Ludi wrote:I don't think Hero knows if I am recruited or not outside of his own investigative abilities.

There's only one way you could know that... :P

Might it be a good idea to divide the town into groups to prevent overlap between the claimed vigs and between vigging and other actions?
The vigs could even claim their targets in advance.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Herodotus wrote:The vigs could even claim their targets in advance.

I like this idea. Do this please.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Kinetic wrote:

...get out.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Really dislike Zdenek last post on page 134.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Nobody Special wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

...get out.

Awwww.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cobblerfone wrote:Oh yeah, Yos, do you have an ability that you'd like to use tonight?

Not really.

A cultdoc could target you instead of Ludi. Right guys?

I don't like all this directing of the cultdocs.

What I *REALLY* don't like, though, is Ooba demanding that a cult doc protect him, when we've got claimed vigs, a claimed cop, a claimed jailkeeper, and a claimed doctor. Really re-enforces my "ooba is scum" thinking here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by ooba »

Yosarian2 wrote:What I *REALLY* don't like, though, is Ooba
demanding
that a cult doc protect him, when we've got claimed vigs, a claimed cop, a claimed jailkeeper, and a claimed doctor. Really re-enforces my "ooba is scum" thinking here.

- Claimed cop covered by claimed JK. And till now I thought claimed JK was covered by claimed cop.
- Vigs were unrecruitable last game and even if not this game, should give Kinetic enough pause to really think about wasting a recruit attempt.
- Both cult-docs are unrecruitable

The doc serves no purpose unless you subscribe to the fourth faction Mafia theory - even if you take him into account, that leaves:
- BunnyLover
- Cobblerfone
- Conspiracy
- Flameaxe
- Amrun
- Ludi
- Me
By cult-docing me, you make sure that I watch one of the others and can use that as a confirmed pseudo "Wasn't recruited on N5" result. So basically we're forcing Kinetic to add another layer to his recruit thoughts apart from "Who'd make a good recruit", "Who'd be shot by the vigs" - "Who is ooba going to watch?"

Just because you can't think of the obvious town benefits doesn't make me cult. And "demanding" is a stretch.

The vigs claiming their targets in advance is a bad idea.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

ooba, people aren't claiming locations, what are you going to do about that? Do you still want me to hold of hammering?

~~~~

@Herod

Our vig's claiming exactly who they are shooting is a very bad idea. If we wanted to, we could simply divide the player-list into numbers 1-9 for Batt to shoot into and 10-rest for NS to shoot into, and then hope for some good shots. Its probably the best way to prevent cross shots.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by ooba »

Magister Ludi wrote:ooba, people aren't claiming locations, what are you going to do about that? Do you still want me to hold of hammering?
People aren't claiming because of herd mentality; everybody's not taking a stance and looking at each other:
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop - Yes
Pops "ooba" Seaton, Junkie - Yes
Father B. Voigt, Priest - Yes
Paul Cobblerfone, Teamster - Yes if everyone agree

Hiro Battousai, Bank Clerk - No comment
Bunny Lover, Factory Worker - No comment
Cecily "Lambdadelta" Smith, Bartender (formerly Cecily) - No comment
Spiro Caan, City Councilperson (formerly Fritzler) - Say I've got his base wrong but doesn't comment on plan
Flameaxe, Dancer/Entertainer - No comment
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop - No comment
Dr. Amrun Tajo, Doctor (was populartajo) - No comment
Anahito Xvart, Teamster - Responded with a question - No comment
Mr. Zdenek, Pharmacist - No comment

John "Nobody Special" Doe, Business Owner - No but will do whatever the majority does
Yosarian Johnson, Cook - No to the cult-doc on me; No comment on location claiming

So it isn't a case of people opposing the plan; it's a case of people not caring enough to comment. I'm not going to let a good plan be wasted just because of lethargy. So yeah - I want you to hold off hammering until the majority opposes or we go through with it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Battousai »

How 'bout this. I'll tell you who I plan on killing and NS pick from outside that tonight. Then tomorrow night he picks a list and I get what's left?

My list is:
Flameaxe
Bunnylover
Ooba
xvart
LLD
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 am

Post by bvoigt »

Battousai wrote:How 'bout this. I'll tell you who I plan on killing and NS pick from outside that tonight. Then tomorrow night he picks a list and I get what's left?

My list is:
Flameaxe
Bunnylover
Ooba
xvart
LLD

Don't kill LLD. She's town.

Magister Ludi wrote:Our vig's claiming exactly who they are shooting is a very bad idea. If we wanted to, we could simply divide the player-list into numbers 1-9 for Batt to shoot into and 10-rest for NS to shoot into, and then hope for some good shots. Its probably the best way to prevent cross shots.

Should we do this for LLD and me as well?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”