Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by deselby »

hiphop wrote: Also the second post that you quoted is buddying to an extreme.

how?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

hiphop wrote:I am know I am a little late but voided's unvote after being called out for sheeping is a scumtell.

Voided- perhaps you can help my confusion by telling me who this post was directed at.

You find that openly admitting you made a mistake in how you went about things and somewhat apologizing via unvoting scummy?

Also, that's at Thomith.

And what do you mean, his 2nd quote is buddying? Looks more like him solidifying where the confusion is coming from.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Thomith »

Page 7-

1. Why did you vote for void and why did you unvote?
I voted for void for sheeping but when she unvoted and said "oh i didn't have points anyway" i became unsure and unvoted

2. Why did you FOS and vote me right so quickly after rainbow voted me? It looks like blatant sheeping
i voted for you because out of about 5-6 posts you only had about 2 game related posts and the rest seemed like fluff
3. Why did you vote for me over sleuth? You had more posts

4. Did you notice my post where I explained why I was less active and promised more content later?
No, i missed this so i'm sorry.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Slueth no longer FOS beck as i missed the post where he said he was going to be less active.

[quote="deselby]as beck alluded to, why are you certain that hiphops attack is based on a previous game, when this kind of attack is common?[/quote] I'm not anymore, to begin with i thought that because my play as scum was to defend a town players i instantly without thinking thought it was because of the game he modded, reading back i now relise it is a common attack.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Beck »

Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:p.1 - voided clearly missed where hip said Thom was always scum and thom replied back showing he hasn't always been scum, clearly it wasn't a claim and anyone who actually thinks it was isn't looking at the big picture, so that would be specifically voided and
neuru

What?!
Where the fuck did i say i thought Thomith was claiming scum.

My god, how do people who cannot read english manage to sign up for Mafia games on an english forum.

ok please don't insult my intelligence again, it's obvious you think he is scummy for what he was saying because of this

Neruz wrote:
I'll be honest Thomith, you've scored a few scum points in that little alitercation.

VOTE: hiphop for having a name that is similar to hiplop.

sure you didn't SAY it, but you sort of IMPLIED it because you thought he was scummy.

I can readed da engrish gooder
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:
Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:p.1 - voided clearly missed where hip said Thom was always scum and thom replied back showing he hasn't always been scum, clearly it wasn't a claim and anyone who actually thinks it was isn't looking at the big picture, so that would be specifically voided and
neuru

What?!

My god, how do people who cannot read english manage to sign up for Mafia games on an english forum.

ok please don't insult my intelligence again, it's obvious you think he is scummy for what he was saying because of this

Neruz wrote:
I'll be honest Thomith, you've scored a few scum points in that little alitercation.

sure you didn't SAY it, but you sort of IMPLIED it because you thought he was scummy.

I can readed da engrish gooder

Clearly not. Thomith scored scum points because he overreacted to Voidedmafia's pressure.

When you say someone has done something, do check to make sure they
actually did it.
Otherwise you just look like lying scum and any attempts to correct yourself just look like covering your ass.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by Thomith »

Thomith's Reads-

Town-
deselby
His posts seem to use his own logic and not other peoples, while it is easy to just go with the flow and use others logic to catch scum he has been trying to find his own logic, this just reads town to me.

Evil Bullet
Mostly a gut read here, his posts have been usually using his own logic but this is mainly a gut read.

implosion/ Rainbowdash
They both go completely away from the crowd which scum imo don't want to do as it would bring way too much attention to themselves, so i think they are town

Null leaning Town-
Hiphop
Although of course i find him scummy for starting the wagon on me i honestly don't think scum would lead a wagon on a mislynch on day one, as after the flip they would look scummy as hell.

Voided
I find admitting to mistakes a Town tell for some reason, although i also find sheeping a null tell but voided is leaning town because he seems to use his own logic in his posts.

Null-
Beck
Mainly only a Null read because he has only recently been able to post, maybe when he can start posting actively this will change to a town read

Cloudocean
one post, can't really judge someone off of that

Neruz
I find the sudden jump on me weird but i still feel the early wagon on him was started by bad logic and Could have been scum motivated.

Scum-
Slueth
As someone has stated he comes in literally after i say that 2 people haven't posted yet and then adds little information to the game.

weirdvoigts
Seems to be following hiphop mostly, although this is mainly a gut read.

Unsure-
Parama-
where are you? :(

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Beck »

Neruz wrote:Clearly not. Thomith scored scum points because he overreacted to Voidedmafia's pressure.

When you say someone has done something, do check to make sure they
actually did it.
Otherwise you just look like lying scum and any attempts to correct yourself just look like covering your ass.

maybe you should take your own advice because I didn't observe any over-reaction from Thom, if anything Voided was the one blowing something up out of nothing.

secondly, when you say somebody has earned scum points, that means you think they are scummy so in the context of this game, if you think somebody is scummy, you potentially think they can be scum. You are trying too hard to make yourself look better when the fact remains that when you said somebody looked scummy, instead of pressuring them, you decide to deflect away from him with another rvs vote.

Now moving on, Thom there was no need for you to post your entire read list, especially un-provoked like that and you are making it hard for me to read you when you do things that are so blantantly scummy.

Things Thom does that are blatantly scummy

Tbh i don't find Neruz scummy for not voting me, it seems like a town instinct to not vote if there is only one or two scumpoints on them but to rather wait untill someone with major scum points pops up.

Day 1 is about pressure and seeing how people respond to pressure, the only way to find out who is scummy is by questioning them and putting pressure on them. Neruz thought you were scummy but not enough to put pressure on you, this is BAD PLAY if he is town because you vote who you think is scummy.

2. The way you go around and talk about how Town does this or town will do that. This looks like a blantant attempt to seem pro-town

however i don't think people like hiphop are the scum on it, hiphop of course isn't a town read of mine he is null

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3343730

How can hiplop be the scum on the wagon, yet be a null read at the same time? he is either scum or a null read, he can't be both

4. You mention this un-provoked
Thomith wrote:This seems like a blatant use of my scumplay in newbie 1126 by buddying to thomas. As scum i buddy not defend. Just saying.

and later you say this -
Thomith wrote:he was blatantly using newbie 1126 against me before then, this is why i made that post.

followed up with -
Thomith wrote:him attacking me he said something like "he is defending town because he knows neruz's allignment to get town points" which i did in the game he modded so he was blatantly using that game against me.

You supply the game and than bitch about it when hip never actually mentions the game at all

5. you are voting voided and not really applying any pressure to him or asking him any questions when you throw this out there

Thomith wrote:The only two people who haven't posted are Slueth and Parama. As for who the scum is i think we should look for people who haven't contributed much and seem to be following lead, as this is standard scum play, however not all scum play like it but it is a place to start.

why go after somebody who isn't here posting instead of questioning the person you voted for?

Thomith wrote:hmm.. looking back slueth and beck who have both posted have added very little to the game.
FOS: Beck and Slueth however my vote stays on voided for now as voided posted after my question and seemed to ignore it.
I am also looking forward to what Parama will make of this

the bolded part seems really odd, why are you wondering what somebody, who hasn't even posted yet, will make of the 2 people who in your mind has posted the least content. Besides the fact that you FOS me and Sleuth the very next post after rainbow votes me and mentions sleuth. It seems opportunistic

7. You were voting Void for sheeping but later void unvotes you because by his own admission, he didn't see any reason why he voted you (classic example of sheeping btw) and because he admitted he was voting you for no reason, you un-vote him?
(side bar - @ Void, why did you admit you voted for Thom for no reason and than deny you didn' sheep when voting somebody for no-reason other than the fact that somebody else is voting for that person, is almost always considered sheeping?)

8. your entire read list, everyone you find scummy are the people who are posting the least and neuroz who had a "sudden jump on you" when he voted you WAY BACK on page 4

9. this isn't even a reason why I think you are scummy, it's honestly the most absurd thing I have ever seen in my life if you HONESTLY believe this

Hiphop Although of course i find him scummy for starting the wagon on me i honestly don't think scum would lead a wagon on a mislynch on day one, as after the flip they would look scummy as hell.

for me,
FOS: Raindbowbrite, neruz, and voided
all three of these people are doing things that don't make sense to me as town

rainbowbrite and neruz for saying somebody is scummy but voting somebody else

voided - for sheeping, basically admitting he is sheeping, and than trying to wiggle out of it when Hip calls him on it.

Vote: Thom
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Beck »

edit by way of posting - I realize I completley mis-read number 3 and thought he said hiplop IS scum so ignore number 3
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Thomith »

I said i look forward to parama's thoughts because he hasn't posted yet, and i wanted to hear what he thought about it.
I unvoted because town admit their mistakes but scum don't admit their mistakes in fear of them looking scummy for them.
point 4 i already explained i said it because i instantly thought he was using that game against me which he wasn't.

Now i am L-1 and will most likely get lynched today i want to say that you should look for the sheep on my wagon, no matter how scummy he looks after my flip hiphop shouldn't be lynched tommurrow, Beck likely isn't scum either, Slueth is likely scum and should be considered along with the sheep.

deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 am

Post by deselby »

Neruz wrote:I have no idea what you two are talking about, but you're both taking it far too seriously for RVS.

Thomith wrote:I "claimed scum" at post 10 is what we are talking about.

Neruz wrote:I'll be honest Thomith, you've scored a few scum points in that little alitercation.

Neruz wrote:
What?!

Note that thom's post above was the only post of note between yours, so it kind of implies the claim thing. Anyway, later you say that your suspicion was due to "overreaction". I can't see any overreaction, but even if there was I tbink it would be an even better reason to actually vote for thom.
Also, bringing up the cult stuff. It seems unlikely to me that neruz would fall for a joke like that (he has been around a while)...perhaps it was scum muddying waters, considering he used it to assert the possiblilty that 2 other players under suspicion at the time were cult leaders (voided and thom). Not strong evidence by any means, but just a bit weird.

Anyway, enough for a FOS, and as thom claims he is at L-1 and I am too lazy to check and am going to bed, for now:

unvote
FOS neruz, thomith

vote count please mod!
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:if you think somebody is scummy, you potentially think they can be scum.

Incorrect. Townies are capable of doing things that look scummy.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Neruz »

EBWOP: And for those of you who are apparently incapable of understanding basic mafia concepts, Thomith scored a few scum points because he took Voided's joke about him 'claiming scum' seriously. Townies
typically
don't react defensively to jokes like that, it was a small thing and in RVS so i didn't see any reason to take it particulary seriously yet, townies are capable of being jumpy too and it wasn't like he'd overreacted crazily and turned the entire thing into a four page discussion.

Yet.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Beck »

Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:if you think somebody is scummy, you potentially think they
can
be scum.

now who can't read English?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Thomith »

So sorry guys i forgot that voided was on my wagon i was at L-2 not L-1 so dels if you want to revote then you can i guess although i would have hoped you thought hiphop was wrong by now...

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Beck »

So besides Lurkers, who is your top scum read and why?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Thomith »

weird is a big scumread of mine because they don't really seem to be using any logic of their own and seem to be using others logic and basically using terribad logic but it seemed like they knew that they were using that logic and trying to force it onto other people.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:
Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:if you think somebody is scummy, you potentially think they
can
be scum.

now who can't read English?

I assumed that was an error, since
anyone
can
be scum. Only mod-confirmation a player as town makes it impossible for them to be scum.

So, uh, good job stating the bleeding obvious there. My error for overestimating you.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Beck »

But it doesn't explain how you think somebody is scummy, yet refuse to pursue it with pressure from a vote

Your 2nd rvs when you identify somebody as scummy makes no sense.

This is how
I
perceived it

You vote void
Void mentions thom claimed scum
Thom says no he didn't
You feel thom's reactions are over-reactionary and you say he earned scum points
You unvote void because you like him as a town read so you don't want your vote on him
Instead if just unvoting, or switching to thom, you make another lol vote.

I felt the game was out of rvs at that point so changing your vote made no sense.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:But it doesn't explain how you think somebody is scummy, yet refuse to pursue it with pressure from a vote

*COUGH COUGH*

Neruz wrote:
deselby wrote:I still don't think neruz or thomith has explained why he voted for someone else when he had a scummier option.

I have. It appears that not everyone was willing to accept my explanation, but its there. The simple reality is it was two dozen posts into the game in RVS before everyone had checked in yet and one player reacted in a mildly scummy way to some pressure imposed by another player. I wasn't gunning for a lynch and there was no need to apply more pressure on Thomith because ample pressure was already being applied.

I'm not sure why these basic concepts seem so hard for some people to grasp, but apparently they are.

*COUGH* TRY
READING
NEXT TIME *COUGH*

Also;

Beck wrote:You unvote void because you like him as a town read so you don't want your vote on him

I have no fucking clue where you got that from. I unvoted void because i felt like it and it was still RVS.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Beck »

I read your explanation, doesn't mean I beleive it

The 2nd part, dude for saying I can't read you clearly fail at it cause I explained how I (bolded it even) perceived your actions.

This means, this was MY INTERPRETATION OF THE SERIES OF EVENTS.

Keep up
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Beck »

This is how
I
perceived it

This is what I said btw
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:I read your explanation, doesn't mean I beleive it

You didn't say anything about believing it. You said i didn't explain it. Not explaining something != not believing the explanation.

Beck wrote:The 2nd part, dude for saying I can't read you clearly fail at it cause I explained how I (bolded it even) perceived your actions.

Which is wrong, and i'm making sure you are aware of that because you are apparently intellectually challenged.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Parama »

I has access.
This is my absolute last priority and contains too many pages to read atm.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Beck »

Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:I read your explanation, doesn't mean I believe it

You didn't say anything about believing it. You said i didn't explain it. Not explaining something != not believing the explanation.

Beck wrote:The 2nd part, dude for saying I can't read you clearly fail at it cause I explained how I (bolded it even) perceived your actions.

Which is wrong, and i'm making sure you are aware of that because you are apparently intellectually challenged.

again with the insults

but fine, you think I am intellectually challenged explain this to me please.

From your earlier explanation -
I didn't say i suspected him, i said he scored some scum points. I'd need a hell of a lot more than just one rather
mildly
scummy reaction before i start 'suspecting' someone,

from post 179 -
Thomith scored scum points because he
overreacted
to Voidedmafia's pressure

definition of mildly(well mild acttually) - mild (mld)
adj. mild•er, mild•est
1. Gentle or kind in disposition, manners, or behavior.
a. Moderate in type, degree, effect, or force: a mild pipe tobacco; a mild sedative.

definition of overreact -
overreact [ˌəʊvərɪˈækt]
vb
(intr) to react excessively to something

so was his reaction a mild scummy reaction like you said at first or was it an overreaction like you said more recently?

It would be helpful if you kept your story straight so that is why i am asking for clarification, you know being that I am so "intellectually challenged" and all.

and lastly, please don't insult my intelligence again.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Neruz »

Beck wrote:but fine, you think I am intellectually challenged explain this to me please.

From your earlier explanation -
I didn't say i suspected him, i said he scored some scum points. I'd need a hell of a lot more than just one rather
mildly
scummy reaction before i start 'suspecting' someone,

from post 179 -
Thomith scored scum points because he
overreacted
to Voidedmafia's pressure

definition of mildly(well mild acttually) - mild (mld)
adj. mild•er, mild•est
1. Gentle or kind in disposition, manners, or behavior.
a. Moderate in type, degree, effect, or force: a mild pipe tobacco; a mild sedative.

definition of overreact -
overreact [ˌəʊvərɪˈækt]
vb
(intr) to react excessively to something

so was his reaction a mild scummy reaction like you said at first or was it an overreaction like you said more recently?

It would be helpful if you kept your story straight so that is why i am asking for clarification, you know being that I am so "intellectually challenged" and all.

and lastly, please don't insult my intelligence again.

See, it's posts like these which is why i keep calling you an idiot. You clearly don't understand English at all despite your protests to the contrary.

Thomith overreacted to Voidedmafia's pressure, that overreaction was mildly scummy and scored him a few scum points. And if it wasn't for the fact that you have shown a distinct lack of comprehension when it comes to basic English, i'd think you were trying to create scumtells on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”