Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Thomith »

So proving someone wrong and then showing someone who accuses you for "claiming" what you were actually doing is overreacting? noted.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Thomith »

Thomith wrote:So proving someone wrong and then showing someone who accuses you for "claiming" but you weren't what you were actually doing is overreacting? noted.

Made it more clear as i dont know how clear it was before.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Beck »

Show where he overreacted?

Btw overreactions to pressure aren't mildly scummy, overreactions to pressure are COMPLETELY SCUMMY
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Beck »

Neurz, Some would even say your reaction to my vote on you was an overreaction.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Beck »

Thomith overreacted to Voidedmafia's pressure, that overreaction was mildly scummy and scored him a few scum points. And if it wasn't for the fact that you have shown a distinct lack of comprehension when it comes to basic English, i'd think you were trying to create scumtells on me.

Let's break this down

1. Again you said he has a mildly scummy reaction, you didn't say he overreacted which is mildly scummy. Maybe that's what you intended, but it's not what you actually said

2. What scum tell do you think I'm trying to create? I'm asking you to get your story straight because of what I just explained in number 1

3. As already stated, overreactions to pressure in my mind, completely scummy, not mildly scummy but I don't even see where he over-reacted

4. you said void was joking when he said that comment, however it didn't look like a joke nor did void say it was one, so why do you assume it was a joke and not a serious accusation?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Confound these ponies, they drive me to insanity.

Lets get some things straight first of all. Like the whole myth of overreaction which does not exist and for some reason lots of poines think its a tell, much like being aggressive or things of that nature, its going to be indicative of a poines playstyle isntead of their alignment. The one reaction worth noting is the jokeish reaction Thomith threw out there early, but I think play since that post has him leaning town despite his numerous attempts to prove me otherwise.

To clarify for Beck, I do think one of hiphop and Neruz are probably scum, but that by no means says that they are my top pick at this point in the game. Sure if I could instantly lynch two instead of just push one lynch we could talk, but I am exploring those two through other options right now, and there are other legitimately scummy ponies in the game that need pressure. I would vote either over Thomith though if it came down to a situation such as that. His last post basically cemented my thought in him. Do you really expect somepony who is going down as scum to softclaim VT and say you can put me back at L-1? Situations are few and far between where they do such maneuvers.

Thomith continues to confuse me since he appears to constantly be in the right place for the wrong reasons.

Beck I had as a scum read, although slightly lessening at this point, for his early play. Specifically his early post directed at Neruz which brushed off the two RVS vote point, which is a somewhat valid tell. However it really just was a theory comment more then anything else which didn't seem to match what I would expect from somepony in that situation. Seemed like a slight defense to Neruz, but at the same time avoiding taking stances against impolison and WV.

Since then though posting has gotten better, although he really needs to streamline his posting more since it feels very disjointed and that makes it difficult to read.

Sleuth I think I overestimated his scumminess level. Nothing too wrong there although I dislike him just asking VM if the play from Neruz has been constant over the entire game.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Beck »

Rainbow, as deselby and Parama can testify or you can read here - http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17830

Parama calls myself and coolskins for double RVS voting saying one of us has to be scum

Neither of us were

So saying it's a scum tell "from my experience" is false.

If I was naive, I could easily say only scum call out people who double rvs and call them scum for doing it because based on "my experience" that is all I know.

But I'm not naive so I won't be doing that, however if you flip scum in this game I found a new scum hunting technique.

Thom's sheeping to the 2 people you mention, so close to your post is the part I just can't get my head around. If he is town than he just has the weakest reads ever.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

So.

This is how we are going to do things.

I am town, implosion is town and EB is town. I want to call Thomith town, and through WIFOM I also am starting to think Neruz is town for reasons along the same lines of it being obvious that cults do not exist. Heck all we need is one more and Elements of Harmony complete and we can just rip this game apart. All of this should be obvious to the rest of you ponies, so we are going to start pushing the pace of this game since its starting to fracture up a bit and needs somepony to reign it in.

Unvote
Vote hiphop

Town alliance go.

I got the rope all ready

You don't earn
loyalty
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Beck »

since I am not a pony, I am confused. care to explain why hiphop is scum?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Beck wrote:since I am not a pony, I am confused. care to explain why hiphop is scum?

Everypony is somepony, but I will explain anyways.

Hiphop is just hard locked into the fact that Thomith as a town read on Neruz, which is a complete null tell since it possible to have enough of a read to not like a wagon in the early stages. Unlike what hiphop also says, there is no explicit calling Neruz town from Thomith, but instead mostly disagreement with the reasoning behind the wagon which I can see. Someponies, despite it being fundamentally poor play, don't like voting anypony until they are more or less convinced that somepony actually are scum. Again, poor play and I tend to get frustrated from these ponies, but its not necessarily a scumtell, simply alignment tell.

Hiphop also continues to lock in on this tell which is indefensable since its a fact that Thomith detracted from the early Neruz wagon. There is almost willful ignorance of everything else that can be called a tell on Thomith, not sure what to make of this really, but it more feels like scum who has something they are sure they can get a lynch from and are ready to do such.

Then there is also this post which makes hackles stand up thusly

you really didn't think you were going to get off without a pony pic did you?

hiphop wrote:deselby-I am saying what he did was done by scum. And if meta supports it, then so be it. If you don't believe that I am not using meta to say he is scum, iso me and make up your own mind, don't use me to do your dirty work. Also the second post that you quoted is buddying to an extreme.

The use of the phrase "dirty work" has implication that Thomith is a mislynch that deselby is pushing, as if Thomith was scum, that would not be applicable in such situation. Here we just see hiphop somewhat attacking people for using things that he has brought up in a way that suggests that he knows what has been discussed already was incorrect.

EB, Neruz, Thomith, Implosion team, lets get this one won. If hiphop really is scum deselby gets to be the final element of harmony. WV gets blasted tomorrow and last pony gets cleaned up day three.
You don't earn
loyalty
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Beck »

This is basically a blind leap of faith you are asking people to take.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Beck wrote:This is basically a blind leap of faith you are asking people to take.

Oh my god, you cannot be serious. This is day one. Rainbowdash gave you reasons. I've given reasons in some post a while ago where i voted hiphop.

"So, you'd like to lynch X? well, isn't calling X scum just a blind leap of faith?"

That argument is MEANINGLESS in the game of mafia where EVERYTHING is a leap of faith, and it isn't blind when reasons have been given.

Rainbow wrote:EB, Neruz, Thomith, Implosion team, lets get this one won. If hiphop really is scum deselby gets to be the final element of harmony. WV gets blasted tomorrow and last pony gets cleaned up day three.

Not sure about WV, but for now, hell yes.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Beck »

But hip isn't a scum read, he is a null read.

Ignoring my scum read for a null read is a bigger leap of faith than one going after my own reads.

My reads may be shit, but in a game of mafia thats all I got

Pony wants me to think 2 of my top scum reads are probably town? That's a huge pill to swallow
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by hiphop »

I have only skimmed so far since I got home, but something caught my eye.
Rainbowdash wrote: Do you really expect somepony who is going down as scum to
softclaim VT
and say you can put me back at L-1?
Where did you see the bolded? If the bolded is true, I have some serious re-reading to do. For now

unvote
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by implosion »

Calling a push for other people to vote with oneself a request for a "blind leap of faith" is like equating me asking you to invest a few bucks in google with me to me asking you to invest a few hundred thousand bucks in google with me.

If that makes sense.

Which it probably doesn't.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Beck »

I'm just so damn paranoid
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by hiphop »

I am not sure if the above is scum not sure which direction to go, or town, not sure who to believe. I believe it is the latter, because I, as town, get paranoid the closer we get to lylo, especially when 2 scum are dead already. Yet as scum, I just don't. Though getting paranoid this early...I believe he should be town.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by hiphop »

I really want an answer to #214, because I can't find it.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Beck »

in the short time I have been on MS, I have learned that my reads have been shit, I do think you make a good point that her going out like that is a bold move, that only draws extra attention to herself if she is wrong which is either a HUGE risk if she is mafia, or she is town.

I somehow missed the part where thom pointed out he wasn't at L-1 but said that desel could revote if he wanted to, I really can't see scum being so dumb to do that either.

so i'll spark some fireworks and play in the sandbox with the other "ponies"

Vote hiphop
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Beck »

Thomith wrote:So sorry guys i forgot that voided was on my wagon i was at L-2 not L-1 so dels if you want to revote then you can i guess although i would have hoped you thought hiphop was wrong by now...

I don't see the soft claim either, but this is where he basically says he can be voted to be put back to L-1
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by hiphop »

That seems more like scum giving up.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Beck »

that is one way to interpret it
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Beck wrote:
Thomith wrote:So sorry guys i forgot that voided was on my wagon i was at L-2 not L-1 so dels if you want to revote then you can i guess although i would have hoped you thought hiphop was wrong by now...

I don't see the soft claim either, but this is where he basically says he can be voted to be put back to L-1

Yeah thats not it. It happened here

thomith wrote:Now i am L-1 and will most likely get lynched today

This is somepony who is not going to be claiming a PR, so that makes it a VT softclaim. Also he goes on to talk about what he reccomends for the next few days which is another decent towntell since scum really are more interested in still trying to get something else happening at that point. Town at times realizes the best they can do is try and get final thoughts in for later game prep, such as right here.

Elements of Harmony - 1 is still a go. When its completed I will say who earned that last spot. All we really need though is for all five of us to be town and scum is already almost screwed over.
You don't earn
loyalty
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Beck »

wow I didn't even see that post, man I hate playing on my phone. Fuck my work (excuse my language)
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by hiphop »

I disagree

vote Thomith

As i said it looks more like scum giving up

Back to catching up.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”