Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Beck »

you honestly think day 1, scum wouldn't put up a fight or at least fake claim something?

I mean he even tells desel that he can re-vote him because he wasn't at L-1, scum would honestly do that in your mind?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

Want a link?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Beck »

hiphop wrote:Want a link?

absolutely
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by hiphop »

ok, give me a sec to find the game.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Beck »

i'm off to bed, i'll check in the AM.

i kept waiting for this other game to come out of night, but it doesnt seem to be happening and I gotta get up in 6 hours.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by hiphop »

mini 1174--> In this game I was scum. It was a weird sort of game where there were 3 groups of townies, and 1 scum team. When someone dies(scum or town), their group(red, yellow, blue, or colorless) get more powers. At the end of day 2, no townies were dead, so townies had no powers. In which case I claimed a fake color, said who I thought was scum, and said that whoever got a power from my lynch should check out hiplop. The next post a townie(that was the main reason I was at L-1, and up to that point had advocated for my lynch) voted hiplop saying he didn't think scum would do what I just did. I then asked him if he spelled it right, and he said yes. He then votes me 5 hours later saying if I am not lynch I would be the point of contention from there on out.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by deselby »

Thom, you and neruz both have scum points, but I wont return my vote for now. Lynching now, especially before parama, sleuth or cloud have really even said anything is probably bad.
If there was a deadline looming I would however, though I am leaning neruz out of the two of you, in part for his defensive/insulting play. I realise it may just be his style, or that he is easily exasperated, but it is not pro-town as far as I can see. Saying “you are an idiot for not understanding my posts”, might be what he is thinking, but it is not hard to see a scum motivation for doing this ie “It is not my posts that are bad, it is you, idiot!”. If this is true most of the time, then sometimes it is not true. Even if it is true every time he says it, well it is still not helpful: Neruz, if you consider yourself average intelligence/skill at mafia, then on average 6 players in this game are stupider than you and most of them are townies……..

Like I said, it could easily just be a style thing, and he really believes his posts are 100% clear, but it just seems a bit much to me.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by deselby »

Anyway, elsewhere for now.
Rainbow, you have said one of neruz and hiphop are probably scum. Why is this? why can't both be scum for instance? Also, while EB's posts have been pretty good, there haven't been many of them, it seems that labelling eb town now is premature.

hiphop, do you have any decent reads oither than thom and vm? Also see this post from earlier:

deselby wrote:
hiphop wrote: Also the second post that you quoted is buddying to an extreme.

how?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

hiphop wrote:As i said it looks more like scum giving up

You are going to have to provide a way to distinguish between VT softclaim and scum giving up then, since it seems that you are basis this on a "Because I said so" type of arguement as opposed to something that can be applied to different scenarios and achieve a constantly similar result.

@des - Hiphop would have needed to actively fight Thomith over reading his partner incorrectly if Neruz-hiphop is a scumteam, and I don't think that scum would make such a huge fuss over that area of a case since as I said there are some ok tells out of Thomith.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Neruz »

deselby wrote:he is easily exasperated

This. I have zero tolerance for idiocy.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

deselby wrote:Also, while EB's posts have been pretty good, there haven't been many of them, it seems that labelling eb town now is premature.

Element of Harmony trial membership card revoked. Now accepting applications for slot #6
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

deselby wrote:
hiphop wrote: Also the second post that you quoted is buddying to an extreme.

how?
The fact that he was complaining to you, over something that wasn't even true. Almost like he knew you were town, knowing that you as town might do something to stop me from attacking him. And he even admits it later
Thomith wrote:
deselby wrote:as beck alluded to, why are you certain that hiphops attack is based on a previous game, when this kind of attack is common?
I'm not anymore, to begin with i thought that because my play as scum was to defend a town players i instantly without thinking thought it was because of the game he modded, reading back i now relise it is a common attack.

deselby wrote:hiphop, do you have any decent reads oither than thom and vm? Also see this post from earlier:
So far.

Thomith and Void are scum.

You and Neruz are town on the condition that Thomith flips scum, if not Neruz is scum.

Beck and Evil Bullet(don't believe me, read this) are most likely town.

Rainbowdash wrote:

You are going to have to provide a way to distinguish between VT softclaim and scum giving up then, since it seems that you are basis this on a "Because I said so" type of arguement as opposed to something that can be applied to different scenarios and achieve a constantly similar result.
When he is scum... And I have never ever seen a Vt softclaim. Tell you what, if Thomith flips town today(highly unlikely), I will self vote up to the lynch tomorrow, unless you say otherwise. (because obviously if he doesn't flip scum, my reads in this game are pathetic) If you die tonight, then I will leave the decision up to Evil Bullet or Beck.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by hiphop »

GreyICE- cloudocean needs a prod
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Thomith »

hiphop wrote:mini 1174--> In this game I was scum. It was a weird sort of game where there were 3 groups of townies, and 1 scum team. When someone dies(scum or town), their group(red, yellow, blue, or colorless) get more powers. At the end of day 2, no townies were dead, so townies had no powers. In which case I claimed a fake color, said who I thought was scum, and said that whoever got a power from my lynch should check out hiplop. The next post a townie(that was the main reason I was at L-1, and up to that point had advocated for my lynch) voted hiplop saying he didn't think scum would do what I just did. I then asked him if he spelled it right, and he said yes. He then votes me 5 hours later saying if I am not lynch I would be the point of contention from there on out.

Thing is in this example scum got powers if you died, in this game it doesn't seem like you do, in the example giving up sort of helped your faction but (as scum) in this game giving up hinders it.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Hiphop
Even you should know the difference between the example and the game.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by Neruz »

Oi GreyICE, where's that votecount you lazy bum?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by hiphop »

Thomith wrote:
hiphop wrote:mini 1174--> In this game I was scum. It was a weird sort of game where there were 3 groups of townies, and 1 scum team. When someone dies(scum or town), their group(red, yellow, blue, or colorless) get more powers. At the end of day 2, no townies were dead, so townies had no powers. In which case I claimed a fake color, said who I thought was scum, and said that whoever got a power from my lynch should check out hiplop. The next post a townie(that was the main reason I was at L-1, and up to that point had advocated for my lynch) voted hiplop saying he didn't think scum would do what I just did. I then asked him if he spelled it right, and he said yes. He then votes me 5 hours later saying if I am not lynch I would be the point of contention from there on out.

Thing is in this example scum got powers if you died, in this game it doesn't seem like you do, in the example giving up sort of helped your faction but (as scum) in this game giving up hinders it.

^opportunistic vote.

If you had read the game you would have seen that scum was lynched day 1, therefore scum already had a killing power. Me dying as the second scum, would also have(and did) put the other scum in a hole, especially without a single townie dying at this point. Town went onto to a perfect game. Another scumtell in the books.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by hiphop »

Neruz wrote:Oi GreyICE, where's that votecount you lazy bum?

He wasn't this inactive in the last game, when he went and creamed me because I was intent on following him instead of being more aggressive.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Thomith »

hiphop when i flip town don't do what you are saying you are going to do by basically giving up. Keep posting as
I
think you are town, but when i flip town rethink your reads, who is scummy after my flip, who seems town after my flip, think about those things and town can win, just giving up though lessens the towns thinking power unneeded by 1.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Neruz »

hiphop wrote:
Neruz wrote:Oi GreyICE, where's that votecount you lazy bum?

He wasn't this inactive in the last game, when he went and creamed me because I was intent on following him instead of being more aggressive.

I do not understand what this post has to do with the quoted post.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Thomith »

forgot to UNVOTE: last post as i didn't read the thread but what i say still applies, giving up tehre as scum gave scum powers in this game i don't think it does that. VOTE: slueth

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by hiphop »

Thomith wrote:Thing is in this example scum got powers if you died, in this game it doesn't seem like you do, in the example giving up sort of helped your faction but (as scum) in this game giving up hinders it.

Thomith wrote:hiphop when i flip town don't do what you are saying you are going to do by basically giving up. Keep posting as
I
think you are town
, but when i flip town rethink your reads, who is scummy after my flip, who seems town after my flip, think about those things and town can win, just giving up though lessens the towns thinking power unneeded by 1.
I truly believe these posts conflict with each other.

1. I sincerely doubt you will flip town.
2. If on the small chance you do, I had said that Rainbow, or Beck/EB will decide whether or not I shall.

Neruz- What do you mean you don't understand? As active as he was in the last game, if he doesn't have time to post a vote count, then he must be extremely busy right now.

p-edit- I do not understand you. Why vote, say I am town, then unvote, when your views as to why you voted me in the first place haven't changed?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Beck wrote:
(side bar - @ Void, why did you admit you voted for Thom for no reason and than deny you didn' sheep when voting somebody for no-reason other than the fact that somebody else is voting for that person, is almost always considered sheeping?)

I admitted that I did not have a reason of my own--that is, no reason that I brought up myself--not that I had no reason. I had added logic of my own to reasons stated otherwise, however, thus it is not a sheep.

Beck wrote:voided - for sheeping, basically admitting he is sheeping, and than trying to wiggle out of it when Hip calls him on it.

Did not as explained above, did not, and Hiphop didn't call me out on that. Thomith did, though.

...Actually, I'm not sure what the hell Hiphop WAS trying to call me out on.

Beck wrote:4. you said void was joking when he said that comment, however it didn't look like a joke nor did void say it was one, so why do you assume it was a joke and not a serious accusation?

Because I said it was made in jest?

Rainbowdash wrote:Elements of Harmony - 1 is still a go. When its completed I will say who earned that last spot. All we really need though is for all five of us to be town and scum is already almost screwed over.

*Raises a ho--finger*

Um...what's "Elements of Harmony" supposed to mean?

hiphop wrote:I disagree

vote Thomith

As i said it looks more like scum giving up

Back to catching up.

Are you trying to point to how you asking if the name was spelled right equals you giving up in that game? Because that seems a little weak.

Rainbowdash wrote:
deselby wrote:Also, while EB's posts have been pretty good, there haven't been many of them, it seems that labelling eb town now is premature.

Element of Harmony trial membership card revoked. Now accepting applications for slot #6

I feel EB is town...maybe not as strong a town as you think (largely due to lack of posts and a general unwillingness to label people strongly town this early), but town nonetheless.

hiphop wrote:Thomith and Void are scum.

Why am I, again?

hiphop wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:

When he is scum... And I have never ever seen a Vt softclaim. Tell you what, if Thomith flips town today(highly unlikely), I will self vote up to the lynch tomorrow, unless you say otherwise. (because obviously if he doesn't flip scum, my reads in this game are pathetic) If you die tonight, then I will leave the decision up to Evil Bullet or Beck.

Read this Newbie. Granted, it's implied at first by someone else before BBmolla (the softclaimer) rolls with it, but it's still a VT softclaim nonetheless.

Thomith wrote:hiphop when i flip town don't do what you are saying you are going to do by basically giving up. Keep posting as
I
think you are town, but when i flip town rethink your reads, who is scummy after my flip, who seems town after my flip, think about those things and town can win, just giving up though lessens the towns thinking power unneeded by 1.

Wow.

Kinda hard to think of him as scummy with this. I think that just took you out of the hotseat in my eyes, Thom.

Feel fine with a Hiphop lynch. Wanna see a VC to make sure I'm not hammering prematurely, though. (
CMON, GREY! I JOINED BECAUSE OF YOU!
)

Thomith wrote:forgot to unvote last post as i didn't read the thread but what i say still applies, giving up tehre as scum gave scum powers in this game i don't think it does that. VOTE: slueth

...And this drops you to the warmseat.

As hiphop said, what was the point of that sequence of events? Also, why were you voting a townread of yous?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Neruz »

hiphop wrote:Neruz- What do you mean you don't understand? As active as he was in the last game, if he doesn't have time to post a vote count, then he must be extremely busy right now.

Ohh, that's what you were getting at. Yeah i'm sure GreyICE has a perfectly good excuse (ehh, maybe not that sure >.>) the calling GreyICE a lazy bum was meant as a joke, since he promised one awhile back but failed to deliver :P
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Thomith »

I voted in the first place because my views made me vote you to prove you wrong, i unvoted because i would prefer to be voting someone who i think is scum than someone i think is town.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Thomith wrote:I voted in the first place because my views made me vote you to prove you wrong, i unvoted because i would prefer to be voting someone who i think is scum than someone i think is town.

Ah, I see.

Okay, out of the warmseat with ya.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”