Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:16 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

Sorry for not posting much, I'm kind of losing interest in Mafia. Since I'm home all day with nothing to do though, I figured I'd post.

Thomith, Sleuth is your top scumread for lurking, but, as Beck said earlier, why were you waiting on Parama? Seems a little strange, like either appealing to a buddy or pretending to appeal to a buddy to set up a mislynch. I don't even see any town motivation for that, as he only posted once to say that he was catching up, and therefor you couldn't know/think he was town. Care to explain?

Rainbowdash is town because scum wouldn't draw that much attention to themselves, especially as Vote Blocs usually get NKed pretty quickly. Beck is town, some gut and some goodposting (great case on Thomith), Evil Bullet looks pretty town, although I'm not sure because they haven't posted much. Neruz is still fairly scummy. Don't really get the Hiphop case, would somebody explain? As for the VT softclaim, I can kind of see it, but it looks more like flailing scum.

Anything I missed that you want me to answer/talk about?
~Wierdalexv
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Thomith »

I suspect Slueth not for lurking but when he posted he didn't post any content, parama has definately shot up my suspicion list too as he didn't post any content when he posted but it seems he had a reason where slueth doesn't seem to.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

When people first post ~10 Pages into a game, they need to catch up as they haven't read anything. His first post was explaining his absence, and his second post was before he was completely caught up.
~Wierdalexv
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Beck »

hiphop wrote:mini 1174--> In this game I was scum. It was a weird sort of game where there were 3 groups of townies, and 1 scum team. When someone dies(scum or town), their group(red, yellow, blue, or colorless) get more powers. At the end of day 2, no townies were dead, so townies had no powers. In which case I claimed a fake color, said who I thought was scum, and said that whoever got a power from my lynch should check out hiplop. The next post a townie(that was the main reason I was at L-1, and up to that point had advocated for my lynch) voted hiplop saying he didn't think scum would do what I just did. I then asked him if he spelled it right, and he said yes. He then votes me 5 hours later saying if I am not lynch I would be the point of contention from there on out.

this link made me lol for real.

I asked DO YOU THINK SCUM WOULD
NOT
fake claim or put up a fight, and your link you put up a fight and fake claim

You can clearly see the difference in his play this game and your play and also in that link, unless I missed it, I don't see where you told somebody to vote you, you just said that whoever gets a power from your lynch, that isn't the same as telling somebody they can revote them
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Beck »

The thing with hiplop is he is an experienced player and thom is scummy, clearly if I can make a wall on him, he is obviously scummy do he is an easy target if he is town. If he is scum, he won't last til end game.

Let's just agree that thom is scummy, but let him not be lynched d1

So question to hip, has anyone else garnished your attention as being scummy and you would be intersted in voting?

If yes, who and explain why they are scummy.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Thomith »

I can agree i have done some scummy things, but i would like to point out that my wagon is most likely scum motivated, but not by the right leaders like hiphop or beck but by people like weird who are not really focusing on anything else but me, this seems like tunneling scum.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Beck »

That's why I'm suggesting we table you for another day and force scum to find somebody else.

I guess that's sort of what rainbow was doing.

@ hip - thoughts of weird

@ weird - thoughts of hip
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Small error here

Vote Count 1.2

Beck(0) -

cloudocean(0) -

deselby(0) -

Evil Bullet(0) -

hiphop(3) -
Beck, Implosion, Rainbowdash
implosion(1) -
cloudocean
Neruz(0) -

Parama(0) -

Rainbowdash(0) -

Sleuth(1) -
Tomith
Thomith (3) -
Hiphop, Voidedmafia, weirdvoigts,
Voidedmafia(1) -
Evil Bullet,
weirdvoigts(0) -

Not Voting (2) -
Parama, Sleuth

Current VLAs

~none~

Prod/Replacement Status

cloudocean has been prodded.

Deadline

The day will end in:
(expired on 2011-08-31 21:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Beck »

Never seem an alphabetical vote count before
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Thomith »

MOD- you have beck voting twice, for parama and hiphop, and it says beck is getting voted when he isn't

You see nothing. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Thomith »

nevermind the second bit, you edited it.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Beck »

2 votes would be nice :D
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Sleuth
Sleuth
Townie
Sleuth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Sleuth »

I have been out of town for a family emergency. I apologize.

I do not like the fact that after 11 pages of content, I would be someone's number 1 suspect for lurking. You lynch lurkers day one when there is no better option. There must be better options at this point that someone who hasn't even been online.

For instance:
VOTE: thomith
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Beck »

You aren't even going to read up before casting that vote?

Clearly you haven't read up cause you were asked a question

Blatant OMGUS vote right thur
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Thomith »

Slueth you OMGUS me without reading the thread? Very scummy, wouldn't you want to see if anyone else is scummy first?
My vote stays.

Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Thomith wrote:The only two people who haven't posted are Slueth and Parama. As for who the scum is i think we should look for people who haven't contributed much and seem to be following lead, as this is standard scum play, however not all scum play like it but it is a place to start.

This is a stupid freaking post. Someone needs to go into newbie games and stop teaching the new ones to get off that lynch lurkers mentality, IT DOESN'T WORK. Are you actually scum? Cuz your wagon is terrible but it might be getting lucky. I don't wanna believe it but really? You voted Beck? What the hell.

hiphop wrote:
Evil Bullet wrote:Voided's latest post seems a bit town. Guys I think we're all headed in the wrong direction. Thomith, Neruz, and Voided are all town. I need everyone on this player list to start posting so I can calibrate.
Explain

Hmm, must've gotten names wrong.

I actually have original points against Neruz, not Thomith, sorry. So, you'd be right in that I'd be sheepvoting...IF I only used other's reasoning and didn't build off it iwith my own, which I clearly didn't do when I voted you. So, your reason for voting me is baseless until you can think of something better.

In this post Voided admitted that the points in my case on him were actually correct and that he was wrong in his defense. Scum would try to ignore something like that, let it pass, because I didn't notice the mistake and nobody else did apparently.

hiphop, silver seems to like you but I'm not a fan so far. Your cases are bad. Stop. Also just because you had the bad experience outlined in your post 149 doesn't mean everyone else did. And even if we have, I've defended scum in a very recent game but it doesn't haunt me in my sleep like it does you, apparently. I intend to continue defending people I think are town, as should any town player since the game is as much about not lynching town as it is about lynching scum.

Rainbow, I like you. I really hope you're not scum.

weirdvoigts wrote:
implosion wrote:There are four possible motivations, WV, for you pushing a lynch on Thomith:
1. You are scum pushing a townie to get a mislynch.
2. You are scum pushing a buddy to get towncred from a bus.
3. You are scum tunneling on a townie so that you don't have to focus on too many other people.
4. You are town legitimately pushing on someone you think is scum.

Alex (hopefully) wasn't saying that, because there were 3 scum motivations and 1 town motivation, Thomith had a 75% percent chance of being scum. Rather, he was saying that I did consider both the town and scum motivations, and the scum motivations are more probable than the town ones.

No way, there was 3 very different scum motivations. Which one did he consider more probable? He can't pick all 3.

weirdvoigts wrote:
Thomith wrote:he was blatantly using newbie 1126 against me before then, this is why i made that post.

Where?

Thomith wrote:omg hiphop implosion is defending me does that make us obvious scum buddies?

You know perfectly well that tells don't occur in a vacuum. There are some situations where a defense makes sense, and some where it doesn't. So this strikes me as a scummy argument.

-bvoigt

EXCEPT THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HIPHOP THINKS
:igmeou:

I don't like something about deselby. I can't put my finger on it. I'll get back to you all on this. My gut tells me one of him or implosion is scum. It might just be my town paranoia.

Beck, I agree with 181, but I'm thinking Thomith is just a bad player. As always, it's important to remember the difference between scummy and scum. Do you think it's possible?

Neruz' elitism is annoying and undue.

Yeah....

Rainbowdash wrote:
Unvote
Vote hiphop

Town alliance go.

I'm in.

unvote, vote: hiphop

hiphop: who is your favorite rapper?

RD, I like your town alliance though I'm gonna be wary of a few of the people in it. There's bound to be poison in it, it's never this easy. Also I PROBABLY will want to lynch someone besides WV tomorrow. Beck's reaction to your proposition is bad. deselby gets town points for his 232, where he follows up on a question he asked that never got answered. That's genuine scumhunting.

hiphop wrote:Tell you what, if Thomith flips town today(highly unlikely), I will self vote up to the lynch tomorrow, unless you say otherwise. (because obviously if he doesn't flip scum, my reads in this game are pathetic) If you die tonight, then I will leave the decision up to Evil Bullet or Beck.

1. Bargaining is for scum.
2. Is this really your idea of being helpful to the town?
3. I HATE to say this... but... I think this is a post made by a poor misguided and lost town soul. It's just.... I can't figure out why scum would do this unless he's powerbussing. But it's too early and the game is too small for that. It's that too scummy to be scum thing which is so often illegitimate that I'm not even gonna unvote, but I think we may be wrong. There's only gonna be one scum out of Neruz/voided/Thom/hiphop and my order for who that one scum is would be voided/hiphop/Neruz/Thom.
in 238, Thomith tries too hard to get into the alliance. Make that voided/hiphop/Thom/Neruz. The thing about reading Thom is that he's scummy in a way that would make him scum like 5 years ago. And those tells that were once reliable are hard to ignore. Thom is playing VERY badly, but that's based off of old tells that work all too rarely and a general idea of pro-town behavior which, unfortunately is not something town players realize they need to try to exhibit. I will say this, I think we should lynch one of the above 4 today, just because the information we'll get will be very valuable as their relationships to each other are very interesting only 11 pages in. I would PREFER voided but I'm for hiphop.
If hiphop flips scum I think Beck will be a good lynch. Look at it, RD. You're obvtown. I'm obvtown. We have a good thing going. in 245 and one post before that which I don't care to scroll up and find, hiphop says that he'll let you or Beck/me decide his fate if we lynch Thom today. Where the hell did Beck even come from?
edit- I iso'd hiphop and found the other post to be 236. It's also the first time in the game he's actually mentioned Beck besides one post where he asks "seriously?" to Beck and that doesn't get followed up on as far as I can tell. (That's a true scum tell) In 236 he says he'll let you decide or if you die tonight (LOL this guy is scum, I'm sorry I doubted you) then me or Beck. Earlier in the post he states me and Beck are town but only gives one of my posts as a reason. I'm not sure I should think hiphop is this clever but the relation is interesting and I think he's trying to influence us into believing that Beck is as obvtown as the two of us.
Now, this read is PURELY based on relations and I don't really have anything against Beck. So it's just something to sit on until there's more info out there.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Thomith »

EB wrote:This is a stupid freaking post. Someone needs to go into newbie games and stop teaching the new ones to get off that lynch lurkers mentality, IT DOESN'T WORK. Are you actually scum? Cuz your wagon is terrible but it might be getting lucky. I don't wanna believe it but really? You voted Beck? What the hell.

I voted beck because he looked like he was active lurking but i missed the post that he said he was going to be a bit inactive, so i unvoted.

weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

For the most part, I agree with Alex that Rainbowdash is town, but it strikes me as very odd that she noticed Thomith's "softclaim." It's the kind of thing that townies aren't looking for, but scum are. In this game, mikemike778, a Mafia Goon, was the only one who noticed a Mason softclaim, and he brought it up because he thought everyone else had seen it too.

hiphop wrote:
Thomith wrote:Thing is in this example scum got powers if you died, in this game it doesn't seem like you do, in the example giving up sort of helped your faction but (as scum) in this game giving up hinders it.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Hiphop
Even you should know the difference between the example and the game.

Thomith wrote:hiphop when i flip town don't do what you are saying you are going to do by basically giving up. Keep posting as
I
think you are town
, but when i flip town rethink your reads, who is scummy after my flip, who seems town after my flip, think about those things and town can win, just giving up though lessens the towns thinking power unneeded by 1.

I truly believe these posts conflict with each other.

I agree. Thomith, are you saying here that you're voting a town read, or what?

Beck wrote:@ weird - thoughts of hip

We agree that he looks fairly town. He's bringing up a lot of good points against Thomith, and seems sincere.

Evil Bullet wrote:
weirdvoigts wrote:Alex (hopefully) wasn't saying that, because there were 3 scum motivations and 1 town motivation, Thomith had a 75% percent chance of being scum. Rather, he was saying that I did consider both the town and scum motivations, and the scum motivations are more probable than the town ones.

No way, there was 3 very different scum motivations. Which one did he consider more probable? He can't pick all 3.

Alex says he was probably trying to get towncred from a town flip. I would say that he just tried to make a sincere reaction and screwed up, since it's doubtful that a wagon so early in the day would actually lead to a lynch.

-bvoigt
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

Thomith wrote:I suspect Slueth not for lurking but when he posted he didn't post any content, parama has definately shot up my suspicion list too as he didn't post any content when he posted but it seems he had a reason where slueth doesn't seem to.

I found this post fairly scummy also, as he never mentioned this after Parama posts but conveniently does as soon as I mentioned it.
~Wierdalexv
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Thomith »

I thought i had mentioned it, just checked and i hadn't although i did write a post about it but it must have got deleted.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Beck »

ED, I did follow up on his seriously comment, I said I thought he changed his avatar or something like that

As for the rest of your post, I'm having trouble following along a little

1. What's wrong with being skeptical of somebody who declares 3-5 people as town?
2. I tend to beleive I am actually pretty obvious town, to myself obviously, plus a couple other people have me as a town read.

hip probably is doing this to get me not to vote him, which hasn't worked cause I am voting him. I'm skeptical of the alliance thing but I'm in. The last time somebody did something similar, I reluctantly followed and spyrex almost won the game. I even vocalized I thought he could be a SK, cause SK needs to come pro town to win. I was wrong, everyone he said was actually town.

So I'll play along, and will continue to convince people I'm not scum. Cause I'm not.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Beck »

Edit: Ed how can you call yourself Obv town when you have 2 useful posts the entire game, and your 2nd one was just made?

You were on my list as "Lurker scum" which was one of the reasons I was resistant to rainbow's plan.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Beck wrote:So I'll play along, and will continue to convince people I'm not scum. Cause I'm not.

Don't be a hypocrite. And don't call me ED again. And thanks for answering a problem I had with one of hiphop's actions like it was a problem I had with you. Now I like you two as a team even more since you're paranoid scum and soft defending. Did you not read the part where I said I had nothing specifically against you? You're defending yourself for no reason since my points were entirely about how hiphop relates to you IF he's scum, but you're reacting like I attacked you which makes me think I'm right. So tell me. Who's your third buddy?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Thomith »

Evil Bullet wrote:So tell me. Who's your third buddy?

You are assuming there are 3 scum, where there could be 2 teams of 2 or even 2 scum and a sk. Just saying you cannot assume there are 3 scum.

Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Both unlikely. I'll stop assuming if there's two kills tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”