Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Neruz »

hiphop wrote:[
Neruz wrote:EBWOP: Rainbowdash's last post is quite scummy actually, retract my statement about her being town.
I agree, but I still believe she is town. Literally, every single post(except for the last one) screams town. And one cannot and should not ignore that.

Oh i'm not ignoring it, but that last post is a bad post and that's enough for me to consider Rainbow a null pony for now.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

hiphop wrote:Oh, fyi the last game(and only at that) town decided to group up and lynch everyone else, the townie asked 2 scum to be in it with him. That turned into a perfect scum win. And Rainbow is doing the exact same thing.

This is why im trying to bang out final stuff. Im near certain that implosion is town, and im pretty sure that EB is town although that last post would give as Pinkie Pie would call it "Twitchy Tail", still that slot is quite a bit more likely then not town, especially if my scum reads are more or less correct.

Its Thomith and Neruz where I hit a bit of a rough patch. It really may be pride that is keeping Thomith where he is on the list. I do not like to be wrong once I have committed myself, and will fight a losing battle to not give up a position. Logic just says that I should switch Neruz and Thomith though. I just really am a little confused over him, since so much keys in on what he actually is. I easily could pull out justification for his lynch, but I still see him as town for a few moves that really don't equate with anything except for suicidal scum, and thats not something that one tends to see elsewhere, and im assuming not here. If I could just get a flip on someone, it would be him at this point, just so I could solidify reads and get past the nagging. Just too much there behavior wise matches up to VT, which matches up to his softclaim.

I want implosion to come back here and say something.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Thomith »

@hiphop it wasn't him OMGUSing that was scummy, it was him not even reading the thread then deciding to OMGUS that was scummy.
also i voted you then realised that i was being an idiot and unvoted, because i had you as a town read. Although i am not so sure on that read anymore, but you are still a town read.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Rainbowdash wrote:For whatever pony asked, the Elements of Harmony are what the six mane ponies represent in MLP:FiM. Too bad Twilight isn't here because she could explain all that better than I can, you can always go watch our adventures on YouTube though! All I know is I am the element of Loyalty.

Oh. Some thing I'd only get if I watched My Little Pony. Got it. *sigh*[/quote]

hiphop wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:
hiphop wrote:Thomith and Void are scum.

Why am I, again?
Because you usurp other people's reasoning. And when called out on it, you basically said that you didn't really mean to, and unvote. (Like you don't want a confrontation, exactly how Thomith is acting. He votes you, you answer, he unvotes. He votes me, I answer he unvotes. He votes Sleuth, no response, and when he does, beck responds before him, supporting Thomith, so that Thomith doesn't feel any pressure.) When clearly this post, and this post say otherwise.

Though, there's a difference between "usurping" and "Supporting", and I fall into the supporting category. Or you could point out any time when I was onto Thomith or Neruz where I did not supply my own logic along with someone else's.

Secondly, that only applies to Thomith (saying I didn't mean to) because, as I explained, I mixed up who I had given original reasoning to.

Also, no clue what the 1st one is to, and the second's an instance of me fitting into the Supporting category.

EB: SK? ewwwww. Dun really wanna think on that.

Also, why would Hiphop by better than Thomith, in your words? It seems, according to RD mostly, that lynching either of them would clear/indict the same people (or enough to be able to say that; I could be reading that wrong, though, RD.), so it seems that who of the two doesn't particularly matter.

Rainbowdash wrote:Thomith would be a great alignment to confirm either way at this point

True, but my townread on him prevents me from going all the way here.

Rainbowdash wrote:I just really don't see scum-Thomith calling Neruz and hiphop town here to the extent where he is going elsewhere to find a wagon.

Highly agree with this. Not so much with Neruz, but with Hiphop basically having been in the hotseat for the last couple of pages, to keep calling him town despite this is pretty darn risky, since he's opening the possibility of being the next lynch should hip flip scum for defending a partner. Even if that's not true (aka Hip or THomith aren't town), it's not really something scum would do, and a factor in why I'm unwilling to vote him (barring needing a lynch at deadline).

Rainbowdash wrote:I am *this* close to calling off the hiphop wagon and making it a Sleuth one.

Why are you gunning for Sleuth, again?

Thomith wrote:@hiphop it wasn't him OMGUSing that was scummy, it was him not even reading the thread then deciding to OMGUS that was scummy.
also i voted you then realised that i was being an idiot and unvoted, because i had you as a town read. Although i am not so sure on that read anymore, but you are still a town read.

Oh, well, that's a point against Sleuth..
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Thomith »

Ellibereth wrote:Hi
Who's scum.

Slueth. Seriously though read the thread and make your own mind up, don't let others decide for you.

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by Beck »

hiphop wrote:Beck my name is not hiplop.

my apologies

Evil Bullet wrote:Parama - Beck
Stop bickering...

sure thing dad :roll:

hiphop wrote:Have you been reading, or to be more specific have you been reading Rainbowdash's posts? Iso her.

Oh, fyi the last game(and only at that) town decided to group up and lynch everyone else, the townie asked 2 scum to be in it with him. That turned into a perfect scum win. And Rainbow is doing the exact same thing.

I was at work today, and I remembered someone said something about coaching.
Beck wrote:is it me or is Voided's response to rainbow's posts look like he has just been coached? - http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3343099
How? The only way this can happen is if mafia have day talk. Every single game I have ever played on this site, besides one theme game, mafia did not have day talk. I looked it up in the rules, and there is no mention as to whether or not mafia have day talk. And it is a standard that mafia
do not
have day talk. Either A you must have played in a lot of games where mafia had day talk, or B you are scum that knows scum have day talk. Which is it?

Still reading.

my experience on another site, it is almost always common that scum has day talk. As for this site I have 3 completed games, 1 of which scum had day talk.

I try not to assume anything.

maybe coached was the wrong wording, his responses in that post seemed odd, like he was so easily persuaded or something.

more hip stuff

Beck and Thomith-OMGUS is not a scumtell. If you believe otherwise, prove to me, why mafia would Omgus someone compared to a townie.

never said it was, but there is no place for OMGUS

He thinks like me, so leaning town.

so you think people who like you are town, I'll keep that in mind in the future if I am ever scum, Buddying = win
I am not saying weird is scum, but the fact that you think he is town because he likes you, and not for anything he has said so far, is quite odd to me

Sleuth wrote:Parama - vote Thomith with me. I want to see Beck's head explode when he can't decide who to defend his buddy against.

except that wouldn't happen

This looks like setting up lynches.

if by setting up lynches, you mean I don't prefer him to be lynched day 1, than yeah I am setting up lynches. He is the kind of person that needs to be investigated or vig-killed (assuming we even have a vig) and besides I have seen town and scum try to set up lynches before so why do you try to imply it is a scum tell? which is exactly what you are trying to do btw
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Beck wrote:
hiphop wrote:Beck my name is not hiplop.

my apologies

Yeesh. Maybe it's because I've only played one game with both of them that makes me not get Hiplop and Hiphop mixed up. <_<

Beck wrote:
my experience on another site, it is almost always common that scum has day talk. As for this site I have 3 completed games, 1 of which scum had day talk.

Daytalk is not normal here, and IIRC not a normal game mechanic. You can still see them in Themes (mini or large) and open games games and stuff, just not normals or newbies.

Beck wrote:
He thinks like me, so leaning town.

so you think people who like you are town, I'll keep that in mind in the future if I am ever scum, Buddying = win
I am not saying weird is scum, but the fact that you think he is town because he likes you, and not for anything he has said so far, is quite odd to me

You misread that. It's "he thinks like me", Beck, not that he likes Hiphop (though it is true that WV has a townread on Hip).

Beck wrote:
This looks like setting up lynches.

if by setting up lynches, you mean I don't prefer him to be lynched day 1, than yeah I am setting up lynches. He is the kind of person that needs to be investigated or vig-killed (assuming we even have a vig) and besides I have seen town and scum try to set up lynches before so why do you try to imply it is a scum tell? which is exactly what you are trying to do btw

More to the point, because setting up lynches is just as frequently used by town as scum (I don't know any exact ratios, but I'd reasonably wager they're rather close together, maybe with scum edging out town.), it's rather situational to label it a scumtell. Therefore, it's more of a nulltell than anything.

Thomith wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Hi
Who's scum.

Slueth. Seriously though read the thread and make your own mind up, don't let others decide for you.

Sounds more like one of those people who can't simply start reading, but need a boost from others (a recap, or just saying the general consensus on who's scum). Not all that odd, really.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Thomith »

First at beck
beck wrote:so you think people who like you are town,

he said people who think like him are town, this still isn't a towntell though.

Also this is not using meta against people it is to show that you shouldn't be assuming some things you are (@ hiphop)
Newbie 1085 J set up lynches most of the game, ended up J was town, setting up lynches isn't a scumtell.
Mini 1190 Scum had day talk so it shouldn't be assumed scum don't have day talk, however it shouldn't be assumed they do either.

deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by deselby »

I am starting to lean more town on Thomith, His play is odd to me, but in a kind of consistent way, if that makes sense. This includes his vote/unvote of hiphop, it makes sense in thomith world. As has been mentioned, his refusal to vote hiphop makes him not look scum, could be WIFOM of course but it would have been very tempting indeed as scum to vote hiphop.

Sleuth:
Sleuth wrote:Anyway, I'm fairly annoyed that Beck and Thomith are calling my vote an omgus. Maybe we should concern ourselves more with accuracy than painting. Correct me if I was wrong in my previous post, but I understood myself to be Thomith's #1 suspect. As a lurker. On day one. After 250+ posts (only one of which was mine).

That is scum trying to find an easy target. Calling it so is not an omgus.

As above, thoom had an easy target in hiphop, and didn’t go for that one. Do you agree? have you read the thread yet? Any other thoughts, reads?

Rainbow, at the risk of being accused of sour grapes ☺, I am not sure I am up for the alignment thing. It seems to me that unless you are very confident of your reads, it is a bad idea. IMO it seems that scum who look town would be really keen to join, whereas townies would need a really strong town read on you and other members. Maybe I think this way because I lack confidence in my tells (I am rather inexperienced at mafia), but is this something you do often?

Also:
Rainbowdash wrote:
Deselby (?) - If hiphop is scum he is in, if not he joins deathlist

Why and Why?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by Beck »

he said people who think like him are town, this still isn't a towntell though.

Damn he did say that, reading early in the morning is fail
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by deselby »

Beck wrote:

maybe coached was the wrong wording, his responses in that post seemed odd, like he was so easily persuaded or something.

When you first mentioned this I mis-read it as you thinking it was in-thread "coaching". But if you assumed scum day-talk? In the post (162) you didn't even say something along the lines of "maybe there is daytalk and....", as if you were not in any doubt. Seems to me a chance that this is a slip.
Can you give us the name of the other site to check that there is usually scum day talk?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by Beck »

Daytalk is not normal here, and IIRC not a normal game mechanic. You can still see them in Themes (mini or large) and open games games and stuff, just not normals or newbies.

I could link you to 1 for sure, and I'm sure if I dug around I could find more

Scum daytalk is a mod preference and not a restriction in normal setups
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Neruz »

As far as i am aware, while daytalk is not uncommon on MS, it's not the norm.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Beck »

I don't even know why he threw that out there in the first place cause I never mentioned scumtalk. when I posted that comment, scum talking wasnt even on my mind.

I was just referring to the fact that his individual responses were odd, like he was easily accepting what was said.

Void's play in general, to me seems he is trying to ride the wave of townyness, trying n
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 am

Post by Beck »

Damn iPhone, to finish my comment.

Trying not to ping anyones scumdar.

You should play your game and not be afraid if your opinion looks scummy or not. If you cab defend your actions that it really doesn't matter how you are perceived.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Beck »

mod, starting Saturday I will be V/la for a week, I should get time in the evenings but the wifey doesn't want me playing games all day on our vacation

Noted
Last edited by GreyICE on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Neruz »

Oh, i forgot to mention, day talk can indeed occur in a normal game. I ran a mini normal where scum had day talk and it was approved for normalcy.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 am

Post by deselby »

Beck wrote:
hiphop wrote:
Beck wrote:is it me or is Voided's response to rainbow's posts look like he has just been coached? - http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p3343099
How? The only way this can happen is if mafia have day talk. Every single game I have ever played on this site, besides one theme game, mafia did not have day talk. I looked it up in the rules, and there is no mention as to whether or not mafia have day talk. And it is a standard that mafia
do not
have day talk. Either A you must have played in a lot of games where mafia had day talk, or B you are scum that knows scum have day talk. Which is it?

Still reading.

Beck wrote:I don't even know why he threw that out there in the first place cause I never mentioned scumtalk. when I posted that comment,
scum talking wasnt even on my mind.

But your initial defence was based on you having experience with scum day talk, as if that's what you were thinking/assuming.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Neruz »

You know, it just occured to me that hiphop's post there is extremely town.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Neruz »

Wait.
Hang on.

Beck, if scum talking wasn't on your mind when you made the comment about Voided's response being coached, how exactly were you expecting Voided to get coaching on his responses?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Where?
FLASH OF GREEN
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Neruz »

Ellibereth wrote:Where?

The one deselby quoted where he leapt on Beck for implying day talk.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:48 am

Post by deselby »

Ellibereth wrote:Where?

If you mean hiphops post that neruz think is town, i believe it is the one I quoted in my last post
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Beck »

When I posted the "coaching" comment I wasn't thinking about scum talk.

Hiphop just made an assumption based on nothing

I was referring to it looked like coaching(in-game) to me because void just seems to accept what rainbow says with no other response back, just "ok" and moved on

That's stood out as odd to me
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Ellibereth »