Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Thomith »

Beck wrote:And for the record, I don't care if you RVS'd or not, that alone is never enough to lynch somebody

But this seems to be the lone reason of the voided wagon, i don't see how it is stable.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Beck »

Thomith wrote:
Beck wrote:And for the record, I don't care if you RVS'd or not, that alone is never enough to lynch somebody

But this seems to be the lone reason of the voided wagon, i don't see how it is stable.

Are you sure about that?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Thomith »

It is what most people are saying what they find Voided scummy for.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Beck »

Thomith wrote:It is what most people are saying what they find Voided scummy for.

Ugh go read, I count 3 votes on him

Only 1 that i can tell on my tiny hand held box, mentioned rvs, that same person also mentioned not liking almost all of his previous posts thus far.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

'Course not. Another reason I wasn't going to push it. Unless he was serious about that, which he obviously wasn't.

Beck wrote:Voided, why not turn that "jest" into an rvs vote

Because I was only making a joke about that. I wasn't really gonna go anywhere with it.

Beck wrote:You could have said something like "vote thom, cause this could be time number 5"

True, didn't think of that. Then again, I did feel the joke had run it's course at that point, which is partly why I didn't push it.

Beck wrote:Instead your "jest" actually helped end rvs in a way because of neuruz's comments that came later.

Ain't that a good thing?

Beck wrote:Why joke but not joke vote?

Because I wanted to joke, that's all.

Beck wrote:
Thomith wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Well, two of the people voting me (Elli and Rainbow) haven't exactly been forthcoming in their reasons, and that's just about the only reason given (from Evil Bullet), so yeah.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

hiphop wrote:
weirdvoigts wrote:For the most part, I agree with Alex that Rainbowdash is town, but it strikes me as very odd that she noticed Thomith's "softclaim." It's the kind of thing that townies aren't looking for, but scum are. In this game, mikemike778, a Mafia Goon, was the only one who noticed a Mason softclaim, and he brought it up because he thought everyone else had seen it too.
I disagree with that completely.

In this game, town-[Low Key] named all 3 masons day 2, and scum didn't have a clue before then.

Mind posting a link to the specific post? I'm too lazy to read Low Key's entire ISO.

Rainbowdash wrote:there are so few possibilites to go with Thomith well (outside of Beck, Parama, Ellibereth and VM who is there?)

Oh, is that all?

Evil Bullet's last post looks like pretty clear town. It's sincere scumhunting; I doubt scum would take the time to research something from RVS and then switch their vote because of it when the game was already in "full swing." Any questions I've missed?

-bvoigt
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 1.4

Thomith (4) -
weirdvoigts, Neruz, Hiphop, Sleuth
hiphop(3) -
Implosion, Beck, Voidedmafia ,
VoidedMafia (3)
- Ellibereth, EvilBullet, Rainbowdash
Sleuth(1) -
Tomith

Not Voting (2) -
Deselby, Parama,

Current VLAs

Beck - 8/22-8/29

Prod/Replacement Status

~None~

Deadline

The day will end in:
(expired on 2011-08-31 21:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Parama »

Goddammit slow this game down or I'll never want to read.

Oh yeah, 'cause you normally do that in your games~
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Beck »

Pwned
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm tired, thomith wagon needs to die, hiphop still probably scum, i haven't read any of his recent posts in any real depth though. I'll hopefully get to a better look at this over the weekend.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

So, a few of you apparently are wondering why I jumped off hiphop. Mostly comes down to not really understanding why I was there in the first place. As you can tell, im quite the proud little pony and dislike being wrong. I also like to be in control as long as I have one or two ponies with me I can trust, which I have in implosion and to a lesser extent EB. Now I think part of the hiphop wagon came from me really thinking Thomith is town, first instinct was to establish dominance by shutting down the attack with a direct counter on the primary assultant, which is hiphop. I really don't have much against him except for that one quote which he actually is still ignoring and he needs to answer. That is the one about "dirt work" and for deselby is the reason that the two of you are likely not going to be scum together on top of other stuff. If he hiphop is scum deselby is most definantly in the Elements of Harmony.

Sleuth still is hanging in second pick territory for me. All of his actions really are just counters to people attacking him, whether he is going to admit that its OMGUS or not is a whole different story, it is at least in part OMGUS though. His current vote is based entirely on Thomith voting him for lurking, and he shows no sign of trying to expand on this.

I actually moved my vote to VM because he works quite well as scum independantly of what Thomith is. If Thomith is scum and got bussed, it was from VM. If Thomith is town, VM works as scum very cleanly if you factor in the early posts from him regarding that slot such as

But both you and Hiphop have good points regarding Thomith. Could be scum bussing a partner, or town getting a bit too defensive, but I'm willing to go out on a limb about it.

See, the thing is, we actually have a good reason to suspect Neruz, and your defense of him is both indirectly implicating him as being scum and making you out to be a suspect as well.

Besides, I don't think you or Neruz have really explained why he would call you scummy and then vote someone else because coming up with a seemingly legit case (however small it was) and the trying to mask things under the guise of RVS smells REALLY fishy.

Unvote, Vote: Thomith

Hip: I suppose that's also a point. Thomith is certainly digging a hole with his posts.

Lots of weak moves regarding Thomith in those two posts, which seem to keep the amount of suspicion he has on him very vauge. We see him arguing both sides in the first one, and in the second not really backing up why the logic is fishy, it simpy is. The agreement with hip bugs me as well, I don't see how digging a hole is scummy at all. Why even bring that one up as a point?

This post
Oh, right, if I think you're scum. Had a post on that, then stupidly got it deleted by clicking on a bookmark. But anyways, I checked through the first couple pages up to when I switched to you, and I didn't really see much reason for me to vote you, so I'm gonna
Unvote.

I still hold Neruz in suspicion, but Evil Bullet is right in that we probably need to either look at things from a different angle or find another place to go to.

Also just seems out of place, especially has VM is calling Neruz scum while not voting, yet that was in part his inital attack on Neruz.

Then there is the out of nowhere sheep on me onto hiphop. Up until that point I was convinced the entire wagon was town driven. Now not so sure.

Also if VM is town so is one of Sleuth and Parama, almost for sure. VM has shown way to much interest in lurkers contributing without making any pushes against them.

Now we observe.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by hiphop »

I complain about 3 pages, and you guys write 4. Good going. Reading

In the meantime
Rainbowdash wrote: I really don't have much against him except for that one quote which he actually is still ignoring and he needs to answer. That is the one about "dirt work" and for deselby is the reason that the two of you are likely not going to be scum together on top of other stuff.
Perhaps if you phrase that into a question, instead of an assertion...
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

YES
THIS MAKES IT EASIER

HIPHOP
HI
WHY IS THERE A WAGON ON YOU.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

or why was there
whatever
FLASH OF GREEN
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by hiphop »

I believe if you iso Rainbow, you will figure that one out.

Rainbowdash wrote:Elements of Harmony leaderboard

True Elements (3)

Rainbow Dash
Evil Bullet
Implosion

Switch Deselby with Implosion, or at least iso both, then tell me that Implosion is more town then Deselby.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

hiphop wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote: I really don't have much against him except for that one quote which he actually is still ignoring and he needs to answer. That is the one about "dirt work" and for deselby is the reason that the two of you are likely not going to be scum together on top of other stuff.
Perhaps if you phrase that into a question, instead of an assertion...

Ok then...

Explain your use of the phrase "dirty work" when addressing deselby following some of your logic in a form of an attack on Thomith.
You don't earn
loyalty
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by hiphop »

tedious tasks.

Evil Bullet- Explain to me why the Sk would make this post. It doesn't happen. Scum make posts like that, sk's do not.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ehhh... not sure you are using that saying correctly. Dirty work implies somepony accomplishing something bad usually, not getting work done.

I also read implosion and deselby. Implosion is still probably town for poking hornet nests, and would require Thomith-town and probably WV-scum to fit as scum, maybe not WV-scum but for sure Thomith-town, which you disagree with so he should be town to you. I see him as town regardless, but those are the scenarios needed to change that read. Deselby has some weird posts regarding third party WHICH THERE IS NONE OF, and is attacking my "one of two" posts in an odd way but essentially is trying to stop me from being able to call certain ponies town in light of others flipping scum, which I dislike quite a bit.

Thomith wagon still is ugly.
You don't earn
loyalty
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Evil Bullet »

Voided is hard to lynch. That's a good sign.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

hiphop wrote:I believe if you iso Rainbow, you will figure that one out.

I don't want to read whatever shit other people wrote.
You tell me.
FLASH OF GREEN
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by hiphop »

Rainbowdash wrote:Ehhh... not sure you are using that saying correctly. Dirty work implies somepony accomplishing something bad usually, not getting work done.
I guess my terms don't fit your picture. My dad raises pigs, so you will just have to live with it.

Rainbowdash wrote:I also read implosion and deselby. Implosion is still probably town for poking hornet nests, and would require Thomith-town and probably WV-scum to fit as scum, maybe not WV-scum but for sure Thomith-town, which you disagree with so he should be town to you. I see him as town regardless, but those are the scenarios needed to change that read. Deselby has some weird posts regarding third party WHICH THERE IS NONE OF, and is attacking my "one of two" posts in an odd way but essentially is trying to stop me from being able to call certain ponies town in light of others flipping scum, which I dislike quite a bit.
The first part I will have to think on. Though, I believe you may have hit the nail on the head on that one. And as for the second, I wouldn't say he is scum for that, just cautious. Even you were cautious as to who was town and who was scum here. And Eb, when he voted me, said your alliance is bound to have Poison in it. I would say that Deselby is more poking and prodding to see if scum would let him in.

Rainbowdash wrote:I want implosion to come back here and say something.

Oh? I am sure all of us know what he is going to say, lynch hiphop, and then continue on. Yup, that is exactly what happened.

Thomith wrote:@hiphop it wasn't him OMGUSing that was scummy, it was him not even reading the thread then deciding to OMGUS that was scummy.

also i voted you then realised that i was being an idiot and unvoted, because i
had you as a town read
. Although
i am not so sure on that read anymore
, but
you are still a town read.
How many contradictions can scum post in a day?

And ok, I see that. Though not sure if it is just a newbie tell. Newbies are hard to read, compared to scum like you.

voided- You clearly, said that Thomith was scummy, and then came back later, and said that you didn't know what you were thinking. And the 2 posts(first 1, second paragraph) I linked clearly show you attacking Thomith/(agreeing with me) because he was scummy. And when people started attacking you, you unvoted. So do not try to weasel your way out of that.

And EB, I am still reading, but according to the votecount me voting Voided, to me voting Thomith makes no difference when they are both scum, and no matter what either or, will be at L-3 according to where my vote is.

And p-edit- Ellibereth, Rainbow started my wagon, and Rainbow grounded my wagon. It is that simple.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by hiphop »

The third rainbow post is where my catching up starts.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by hiphop »

I just came up to the neselby thing, and I disagree with you Rainbow, just because he doesn't want to join your alliance, because he doesn't like your town reads, does not make him scum. In fact, the fact that he doesn't want to join your group, (a sure way for scum to advance in the game), makes him more townie than scum.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

hiphop wrote:I just came up to the neselby thing, and I disagree with you Rainbow, just because he doesn't want to join your alliance, because he doesn't like your town reads, does not make him scum. In fact, the fact that he doesn't want to join your group, (a sure way for scum to advance in the game), makes him more townie than scum.

Not my point against him. I was talking about a few pairings where its one or the other as scum, and he responded by pressuring for both to be scum without any reasoning. That just makes me feel like somepony who doesn't want others to ever be labled as town. Now that really only hold true if one of the two (hiphop/Neruz I think?) are scum, but it made me uncomforatable.

For attacking the alliance, he just said its a bad idea to make one of them. And used a simley face, supplemental tell. He is attacking the alliance because it might have scum in it, while the only pony in the alliance he really has any issue with appear to be EB whos "posts have been pretty good" and maybe Neruz? This appears to be more of an attempt to stop the alliance from actually forming then having a concrete reason that he distrusts the members of it.

I think you just singlehandedly may have convinced me to put delesby on the death list.

Right now im thinking - VoidedMafia + delesby + Sleuth
You don't earn
loyalty
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by hiphop »

Rainbowdash wrote:Not my point against him. I was talking about a few pairings where its one or the other as scum, and he responded by pressuring for both to be scum without any reasoning. That just makes me feel like somepony who doesn't want others to ever be labled as town. Now that really only hold true if one of the two (hiphop/Neruz I think?) are scum, but it made me uncomforatable.
Makes sense,
though I would appreciate links, otherwise I am will just have to dig.
Found it, never mind. I will base my opinion later on, when I get a chance to read it in depth

Rainbowdash wrote:For attacking the alliance, he just said its a bad idea to make one of them. And used a simley face, supplemental tell. He is attacking the alliance because it might have scum in it, while the only pony in the alliance he really has any issue with appear to be EB whos "posts have been pretty good" and maybe Neruz? This appears to be more of an attempt to stop the alliance from actually forming then having a concrete reason that he distrusts the members of it.
The smiley face I believe refers to this. A picture does say a thousand words. And think about it, if everyone else is lynched, and it comes down to you, deselby and Eb. Does he really want to come to that situation, especially when he couldn't do anything before then?

Rainbowdash wrote:I think you just singlehandedly may have convinced me to put delesby on the death list.

Right now im thinking - VoidedMafia + delesby + Sleuth
You realize that I was trying for the opposite. I really wish you would consider Thomith.

--------------------------Back to reading.

Thomith-Setting up lynches is anti-town. Period.

Eb-I have played 2 games with voided. The game that he was town, he replaced in, but the game that he was scum, he RVS'd. So, I am not seeing the connection. Or are you just making up reasons to join a wagon?

Voidedmafia wrote:Also, do note that in most games where I haven't participated in RVS (only games I started, since most of my replace games were far enough past RVS for me to not be able to participate), I've been town.
This is just scummy. Giving away meta, makes the meta null, because you recognize the fact that you do this as town, therefore you try to duplicate it as scum. And the fact that this is exactly what is happening makes you even more likely scum(if that is possible), then before.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”