Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

hiphop wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:For attacking the alliance, he just said its a bad idea to make one of them. And used a simley face, supplemental tell. He is attacking the alliance because it might have scum in it, while the only pony in the alliance he really has any issue with appear to be EB whos "posts have been pretty good" and maybe Neruz? This appears to be more of an attempt to stop the alliance from actually forming then having a concrete reason that he distrusts the members of it.
The smiley face I believe refers to this. A picture does say a thousand words. And think about it, if everyone else is lynched, and it comes down to you, deselby and Eb. Does he really want to come to that situation, especially when he couldn't do anything before then?

Ah, missed that refrence since those were not grapes but that food the buffalo gave us. I disliked it.

Its not going to come down to that endgame, I will guarentee you that to start, but you missed my point I think. He seems to have little issue with the people in the alliance except maybe Neruz who has gone unmentioned for some time. EB he even calls probably town for their posts. This is not a reason to attack an alliance to me, which is what he is doing. I can see town motivation in bringing up a case on somepony who is in the alliance that he thinks shouldn't be, or even somepony outside of it.

Attacking the alliance that as it stands he apparently thinks at least three, seemingly four if not more ponies in it are town, that doesn't mesh with town thinking to me. Even if I saw an alliance I thought was all town that was not a part of, I wouldn't try to discredit it at all.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

Thomith- You have got to be kidding me. Do you not read my posts, a town read, or do you just zone out, because I say you are scum?

I wish voided would skip a few things. Seems to be a lot of noise.

weirdvoigts wrote:Mind posting a link to the specific post? I'm too lazy to read Low Key's entire ISO.
:P You are actually going to make me dig it up? The guy has over 500 posts, because of all the triple and quadruple posts, and he lasted till lylo. LK claiming the three masons Day 1, instead of Day 2 like I thought. And he had them figured out by page 5.

Also I noticed that one of the scum said in thread on day 1 she was paranoid, so I take back what I said of Beck being town because of it, because clearly it is not a towntell as I previously thought.

Rainbow, I believe it is a Beck, Thomith, Voided. And on to the next game.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

Rainbow-Your first sentence makes me crack up.

And perhaps. I am going to think it over. Attacking an alliance, vs. not being eager to join an alliance. The latter is certainly town, but if it was the former... I am going to have to wait till the weekend, when I have more time to read into it. I really need to move on till the next game.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Evil Bullet »

hiphop wrote:Eb-I have played 2 games with voided. The game that he was town, he replaced in, but the game that he was scum, he RVS'd. So, I am not seeing the connection. Or are you just making up reasons to join a wagon?

I asked you who your favorite rapper was.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

hiphop wrote:voided- You clearly, said that Thomith was scummy, and then came back later, and said that you didn't know what you were thinking.

I know what I was thinking, and that was that I thought there was more to the case I was making than there actually was, so I'm basically trimming the excess to reveal the actual juicy bits.

Basically, I was thinking there was more than there was, not that I didn't know what I was thinking.

hiphop wrote:And the 2 posts(first 1, second paragraph) I linked clearly show you attacking Thomith/(agreeing with me) because he was scummy. And when people started attacking you, you unvoted. So do not try to weasel your way out of that.

And? I admit that EB's attack on that made me rethink how much I was actually putting in this argument.

What exactly am I weaseling out of, again?

hiphop wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:Also, do note that in most games where I haven't participated in RVS (only games I started, since most of my replace games were far enough past RVS for me to not be able to participate), I've been town.
This is just scummy. Giving away meta, makes the meta null, because you recognize the fact that you do this as town, therefore you try to duplicate it as scum. And the fact that this is exactly what is happening makes you even more likely scum(if that is possible), then before.

Actualy, that's kinda my point. Not the whole "doing this as town to replicate is as scum", but the fact that using my meta to assume that I'm scum here because I'm explaining why I'm not RVSing is pretty useless, and stupid.

hiphop wrote:I wish voided would skip a few things. Seems to be a lot of noise.

If only because no one comments on anything else. I think what I post is relevant, except the parts which are obviously not (joking parts, etc.)

hiphop wrote:Rainbow, I believe it is a Beck, Thomith, Voided. And on to the next game.

Not Thomith. Even with this recent spat of trying to act like a VI, he's still town.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Thomith »

hiphop wrote:How many contradictions can scum post in a day?

I said had instead of have... such a massive contradiction right?
hiphop wrote:Rainbow, I believe it is a Beck, Thomith, Voided. And on to the next game.

Give a case at how all 3 of us are connected in a scummy way, convince people, don't just say "oh yeah these guys are scum" and don't explain it, give us a chance to defend ourselves, which we can't do if you don't tell us why we are connected.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Evil Bullet wrote:
hiphop wrote:Eb-I have played 2 games with voided. The game that he was town, he replaced in, but the game that he was scum, he RVS'd. So, I am not seeing the connection. Or are you just making up reasons to join a wagon?

I asked you who your favorite rapper was.

wait, wait, wait. How the hell is this even relevant?

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Beck »

Thomith-Setting up lynches is anti-town. Period.

Hiphop, get your head out of your ass, no it isn't. I have seen many times where people who are town line up lynches, I mean christ Thom just proved you wrong by showing you town doing it.

but if that is your believe than by that criteria raindbow would be scum because she lined up lynches too

EB, Neruz, Thomith, Implosion team, lets get this one won. If hiphop really is scum deselby gets to be the final element of harmony. WV gets blasted tomorrow and last pony gets cleaned up day three.

said you today, WV tomorrow, that is lining up lynches.

and as for you thinking I am scum

Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by Beck »

voided, you have by my count, at least 3 people voting for you and yet you don't ask any of them questions about why they are voting for you and you don't try to defend yoruself, instead you respond ONLY to hiphop's posts and than you ask EB why his question to Hip is relevant.

why do this? Why are you not trying to figure out why you are being voted?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Beck wrote:voided, you have by my count, at least 3 people voting for you and yet you don't ask any of them questions about why they are voting for you and you don't try to defend yoruself, instead you respond ONLY to hiphop's posts and than you ask EB why his question to Hip is relevant.

why do this? Why are you not trying to figure out why you are being voted?

I asked Elli, she hasn't answered.

I did forget about Rainbow's, honestly. I'll have to get on that tomorrow morning, since it's too late now.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Meh, since I'm waiting on a reply from someone else in another forum, I might as well tackle this while I wait.

Rainbowdash wrote:
But both you and Hiphop have good points regarding Thomith. Could be scum bussing a partner, or town getting a bit too defensive, but I'm willing to go out on a limb about it.

See, the thing is, we actually have a good reason to suspect Neruz, and your defense of him is both indirectly implicating him as being scum and making you out to be a suspect as well.

Besides, I don't think you or Neruz have really explained why he would call you scummy and then vote someone else because coming up with a seemingly legit case (however small it was) and the trying to mask things under the guise of RVS smells REALLY fishy.

Unvote, Vote: Thomith

Hip: I suppose that's also a point. Thomith is certainly digging a hole with his posts.

Lots of weak moves regarding Thomith in those two posts, which seem to keep the amount of suspicion he has on him very vauge.

While it is true that those posts do not carry any overt sense of suspicion in them, the intent was that previous posts had already given that, and thus rendered it redundant. Whether that suceeded or not, well...<_<

Rainbowdash wrote:We see him arguing both sides in the first one, and in the second not really backing up why the logic is fishy, it simpy is.

I felt that the action and the setence it's in explained why it's fishy. After all, this was a convenient way to just claim "Hey, I'm just RVSing" which Neruz did, and then he can potentially back out of this with no harm done, assuming that we hadn't picked up on the rather obvious contradiction.

As for the first, I'm not afraid to state what I think both sides are (unless I think there aren't). Why does this feel off to you?

Rainbowdash wrote:The agreement with hip bugs me as well, I don't see how digging a hole is scummy at all. Why even bring that one up as a point?

The point is, the way Thomith was going about it was dragging himself down along with Neruz. Scummy both by association with Neruz and through his own posts (too late for specific posts, but I believe most of them have already been covered).

Rainbowdash wrote:This post
Oh, right, if I think you're scum. Had a post on that, then stupidly got it deleted by clicking on a bookmark. But anyways, I checked through the first couple pages up to when I switched to you, and I didn't really see much reason for me to vote you, so I'm gonna
Unvote.

I still hold Neruz in suspicion, but Evil Bullet is right in that we probably need to either look at things from a different angle or find another place to go to.

Also just seems out of place, especially has VM is calling Neruz scum while not voting, yet that was in part his inital attack on Neruz.

You would like to call me out on hypocrisy, wouldn't you?

Thing is, I didn't actually call him scum in this post, nor assign any scumpoints or scumtells to him. I ONLY said he has my suspicion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rainbowdash wrote:Then there is the out of nowhere sheep on me onto hiphop. Up until that point I was convinced the entire wagon was town driven. Now not so sure.

Now, this vote WAS sheeping (happy now? You can say I sheeped), but even if I didn't try to add my own logic, I did (and do) agree with the logic you gave for voting Hiphop, which is why I followed you.

Rainbowdash wrote:Also if VM is town so is one of Sleuth and Parama, almost for sure. VM has shown way to much interest in lurkers contributing without making any pushes against them.

Playstyletell. I usually don't push lurkers unless they're active lurking.

Also, where have I pushed hard for Sleuth and/or Parama to post? And I'm not talking about off-hand comments like, "Oh, you're right, Sleuth isn't posting." or anything like that.

I can tell you I've only directly mentioned Parama once before this post (the other two times were in quotes), and Sleuth about 3-4. Granted, the time I mentioned Parama is when I directly ask him, "Are you even going to post?" but I haven't even broached that subject with him since.

As for Sleuth, I have never actually gone out of my way to say, "Sleuth hasn't been posting. You ought to start doing that." or anything like that. So I'm not sure where you're getting "has shown way too much interest in lurkers contributing"

Unless you mean WV and just got the abbreviations mixed up. :?:

Rainbowdash wrote:Now we observe.

*observes* Rainbowdash! What do your pony eyes see?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Actually, looking at Weirdviogt's ISO, he only mentions Parama twice outside of quotes, and neither time are about getting him to post.

He also only mentions Sleuth twice, only one has possible connotations for interest in getting him to contribute (If asking if you've read the entire page has that kind of connotation, anyways). The other is just talking to THomith about having Sleuth as a scumread.

So, where did that "too much interest" thing come from, anyways?

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Beck »

Voided, just looked at your vote history for a second.

Neuroz - 4th vote - not much of a reason
Thom - 3rd vote - your use of "we" bugs me but basically you sheep onto hip's argument about defending (interesting enough later you say thom is a town read and his defense would be too risky if he was actually scum. can you say contradiction?)
Hiphop - 5th vote for essentially no reason

from what I can see your votes have been nothing but sheeping votes with no real content or reason behind it and the only vote that had a reason for (thom defending somebody) you later use it to try and say it would be too risky to do if he was scum, unless I am completely mis-reading this quote

Voidedmafia wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:I just really don't see scum-Thomith calling Neruz and hiphop town here to the extent where he is going elsewhere to find a wagon.

Highly agree with this. Not so much with Neruz, but with Hiphop basically having been in the hotseat for the last couple of pages, to keep calling him town despite this is pretty darn risky, since he's opening the possibility of being the next lynch should hip flip scum for defending a partner. Even if that's not true (aka Hip or THomith aren't town), it's not really something scum would do, and a factor in why I'm unwilling to vote him (barring needing a lynch at deadline).

this goes back to my original statement about you in post 338/339, you seem to try to stay on everyone's good side and not really rock the boat.

Vote: Void
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:57 am

Post by deselby »

Beck wrote:When I posted the "coaching" comment I wasn't thinking about scum talk.

Beck wrote:
my experience on another site, it is almost always common that scum has day talk. As for this site I have 3 completed games, 1 of which scum had day talk.

My point is if you weren’t even thinking daytalk, why did your initial response to hiphops coaching post imply you always assume daytalk?

Rainbow, firstly afaik, dirty work refers to dull/unpleasant tasks that are still actually useful.

Rainbowdash wrote: He is attacking the alliance because it might have scum in it, while the only pony in the alliance he really has any issue with appear to be EB whos "posts have been pretty good" and maybe Neruz? This appears to be more of an attempt to stop the alliance from actually forming then having a concrete reason that he distrusts the members of it.

It seems to me that joining an alliance, and certainly starting one, of this kind would require one to be very sure of one's reads, or to be scum. Maybe you all are this confident, I am not. You said yourself I may have doubts about EB and neruz- regardless of my thoughts on these 2, would you recommend joining your alliance if one doubted 40% of its members, even if only a little?
I have not seen such a thing in my short time playing mafia, and my question to you (unanswered) asked if this is something you take part in regularly. If so, how successful have they been?

Rainbowdash wrote: Deselby ............. and is attacking my "one of two" posts in an odd way but essentially is trying to stop me from being able to call certain ponies town in light of others flipping scum, which I dislike quite a bit.

Why on earth would my questions to you about this prevent you from calling anyone anything? I was asking for your reasons for stating "X is Y if A is B" so I could understand them. If they make sense, you surely can make these calls without my interference.

I feel that your problems with me seem to be mostly that I am questioning your play.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Thomith »

Voided wrote:You would like to call me out on hypocrisy, wouldn't you?

What is this supposed to mean?

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Beck »

deselby wrote:
My point is if you weren’t even thinking daytalk, why did your initial response to hiphops coaching post imply you always assume daytalk?

I commented on day talk because he asked me to choose A or B

How? The only way this can happen is if mafia have day talk. Every single game I have ever played on this site, besides one theme game, mafia did not have day talk. I looked it up in the rules, and there is no mention as to whether or not mafia have day talk. And it is a standard that mafia do not have day talk. Either
A you must have played in a lot of games where mafia had day talk
, or B you are scum that knows scum have day talk.
Which is it?

I never brought up day talk at all, he just assumed that is what I meant. At the very least he could have asked me to explain my comment better instead of jumping to conclusions on his own.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Ellibereth »

This is hilarious.
FLASH OF GREEN
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:30 am

Post by deselby »

Rainbow - was thinking and I can see a point that maybe you were making: IF I was scum and IF I was not "invited" to join your alliance, and IF everyone in it were town, I would definitely want to prevent it from forming. But I would still like an aswer to my q's.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Neruz »

Ellibereth wrote:This is hilarious.

It's confusing is what it is.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:33 am

Post by deselby »

EBWOP

deselby wrote:
I feel that your problems with me seem to be mostly that I am questioning your play.

So I largely rescind this comment
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Neruz wrote:

It's confusing is what it is.

Nah, just funny as hell for me.
Wuts confusing?
FLASH OF GREEN
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Beck »

What exactly are you referring to, what is hilarious?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Ellibereth »

mainly thomith
with a side of a wall
with a loft portion of game state.
and a sprinkling of everyone else.
FLASH OF GREEN
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Thomith »

Ellibereth wrote:mainly thomith
with a side of a wall
with a loft portion of game state.
and a sprinkling of everyone else.

lovely now wanna add something other than "this is hilarious"?

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Ellibereth »

right now?
not really.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”