Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Beck »

Oh your other points

1. I dont beleive your explanations cause I read your posts and I feel my interpretation is right
2. I'm not trying to coach you so I don't know why you think I am
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Look here.

I can completely see anypony not wanting Thomith to make an endgame scenario. Heck I would prefer to not have him in one and I think he is town here. Thomith appears to be a distinct type of wierd though, its like Pinkie Pie meets Derpy Hooves. You have somepony who no offense to Thomith, really gives little air of being too competent in this game, and would do well to learn by getting town reads, or even competentcy reads, and looking at how they come to conclusions. You have to realize that in this game, good is getting reads right about a third of the time, if somepony could read scum at 50% accuracy, sign me up to sheep them every game I am in. No pony is that good.

I am not sure where I was going with that maybe. What the point I eventually wanted to make is something like this; Thomith aka Pinkie Hooves, is far more of a threat to himself then he is a threat to anypony else. Our sanity though, he is a legitimate threat there. His odds of being scum probably aren't much more than scum count in the game I think here, which isn't going to be that high of a number. I just prefer not using early lynches on ponies that are more or less unreadable due to their personality. Sure they may be a little dense and we can't undersand them much if any in some thought processes, aka Pinkie Hooves which as im sure you can tell I really love that term I just invented, they just are liabilities. A liability at this stage doesn't get lynched in my books. If anything appears later in the game that suggest them as scum to dead scum, fire away. Until then who cares, again no offense to Thomith, but when they just post disjointed cases like he has been, all that is going to happen is it gets shrugged off by most others.

Is Thomith a horrible lynch? Not at all, mostly because a town flip from there rockets a few good picks up the lynchin tree. Thing is, I doubt we are going to do much better then scum content for him flipping scum at this point in the game.

Now I have been wanting to use this picture for a while and am not sure how to work it in. Maybe a "You scratch my back I will scratch yours" type thing? That can be a metaphor for you help me get someone who could be scum with Thomith lynched today and if they flip scum I will heavily reconsider lynching him tomorrow, at the very least kicking him out of the EoH. Consider that a not so subtle hint to those on the Thomith wagon that I haven't expressed doubts over.

Brushie brushie

@mod
- I have minor surgery Tuesday, I should be back that night or next morning but worse case you won't see me until Thursday/Friday.

Will get more up later tonight. As normal Thursdays are my Fridays, so I should have the time.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Beck »

This pony thing is bizarre
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Yet if you don't fight it, then it can become quite enjoyable. Besides as I sure I have said, it doesn't get in the way of me being able to do stuff and is a way I can enjoy the game quite a bit more than most of you ponies are able to. Probably should explain more since not all of you have seen enough MLP to understand all of my last post, forget that some ponies think its a bad show without giving it a second chance.

Pinkie Pie is hyperactive and random nearly to a fault. I really don't understand much if any of what she trys to do, but in the end it normally tend to have some merit behind it. Derpy Hooves is, well Derpy thanks to whatever pony screwed up that animation that the fanbase caught onto. So Pinkie Hooves, a combination of utterly random and unintentionally self-destructive play. I think that fits somepony like Thomith to a tee. Or is it tea? Or just "T"?

Thanks for commenting on parts of my post that pretain to the game though.
You don't earn
loyalty
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Beck »

I don't understand anything you said other than let's not lynch thom, which I'm not doing
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

is rainbow a hydra trydra or an alt >.>
FLASH OF GREEN
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Beck »

I would lol if Rainbow was RC :)
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ellibereth wrote:is rainbow a hydra trydra or an alt >.>

I am a single pony. I would say not an alt, but I think everypony is going to assume im an alt either way so I have lost hope in trying to do so. Think this is the longest it has taken someone to accuse me of being an alt though, you ponies had me thinking I wasn't going to need to fight that one.

Beck wrote:I don't understand anything you said other than let's not lynch thom, which I'm not doing

Still, I dislike being ignored for the most part. Trying to apporach this differently because I still really think that lynching Thomith as about the same odds of lynch scum as I do of just pulling a name out of a hat here. That pony has gone off the deep end from early on and is apparently trying to swim to the other side instead of just plod on back out like any normal pony would. If there becomes a reason later on to suspect him as scum with a flipped pony, I am fine with that lynch, until then, im not voting him. There is next to zero attempts to stay alive, which is far more likely to come from a town pony then a scum pony.
You don't earn
loyalty
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

ok
alt or no alt
what's your experience with the site meta?
FLASH OF GREEN
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Beck »

And I've already said thom isn't a good lynch day 1
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Beck wrote:And I've already said thom isn't a good lynch day 1

when is he a good lynch for then...
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ellibereth wrote:ok
alt or no alt
what's your experience with the site meta?

I am guessing around the level of somepony who has been here at least a year despite my recent join date. Im picking up quick on what type of play actually gets followed and applying that as I go along fairly quickly. Everything else is just theory that I know from playing with real ponies enough that real life or web based should still be applicable.

Not entirely sure why this is important though, again as I also always say when I get accused of being an alt; I know im decent at this so you should treat me as such, no kiddie gloves.
You don't earn
loyalty
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Beck »

Any day but day 1
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

bleh, even if i didn't have scum inklings from Thom and he was just useless unreadable baggage of crap or a utility target I disagree with you guys theoretically. (It's either D1, N1 vig, or D2).
Whatever, we can talk about this afterwords or something.
I also have a feeling Thomith would be the type that gets easier to read as time goes on if he were scum though I'm not sure about that yet...
kblahwhatever
thinktanktiempo
I'll either be a rabid wolf after Thom blood in the next few posts or have moved on~~~
WHICH WILL IT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EVEN I DON'T KNOW
FLASH OF GREEN
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Neruz »

Why am i getting these overwhelming scum feelings from reading Beck's posts? I can't find anything
especially
scummy there, only VIey, but i keep coming away with my gut screaming 'scuuuum, scuuuuuuuum'.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Beck »

lol at implying I am anywhere close to VI category. I'm not even in the same Continent.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, vote neruz

nvm
didn't read more than a post
didn't think about shit
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

aka that felt fucking disingenious
discredatious
whatever the hell the word is
discreditationgenious
one example
one "Viey" example from Beck
Though you seem to see more than one, or feel more than one somewhere.
Just quote them over.
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ellibereth wrote:bleh, even if i didn't have scum inklings from Thom and he was just useless unreadable baggage of crap or a utility target I disagree with you guys theoretically. (It's either D1, N1 vig, or D2).

Like I said, unless I get a couple specific ponies flipping specific alignments, I would prefer not to see Thomith in an endgame. Heck if it was a 5p scenario with only one scum I would be willing to just lynch him because I wouldn't be able to trust myself. One of my biggest flaws is that im a little too easy to buddy up to. Thomith is behind three people very cleanly though for "dont want to lynch", probably more in that grey area of unsurednessly which would hold people like Parama and Ellibereth who I really just see zero point in lynching. So I guess Thomith actually is nearly smack dead in the middle of who I would lynch despite reads. Parama is a good comparison to Thomith though to me, both are essentially shots in the dark, still say Thomith is about of scum count average of being scum, although Thomith could give more insight on others.

I greatly prefer the VM lynch. I could see him working with almost everypony at this point.

Voidedmafia wrote:While it is true that those posts do not carry any overt sense of suspicion in them, the intent was that previous posts had already given that, and thus rendered it redundant. Whether that suceeded or not, well...<_<

I didn't push you for repeating what had already been said. I called you out on not taking solid stances on anypony, and leaving all doors open with regards to Neruz and Thomith. Like I say here to which you respond;

Rainbowdash wrote:We see him arguing both sides in the first one, and in the second not really backing up why the logic is fishy, it simpy is.

I felt that the action and the setence it's in explained why it's fishy. After all, this was a convenient way to just claim "Hey, I'm just RVSing" which Neruz did, and then he can potentially back out of this with no harm done, assuming that we hadn't picked up on the rather obvious contradiction.

As for the first, I'm not afraid to state what I think both sides are (unless I think there aren't). Why does this feel off to you?

Funny thing here is you are attacking Neruz for exactly what I am attacking you for now. Both of the posts I brought up were worded in such a way that you could easily say that somepony is town or scum with minimal effort, fence sitting if you will. Also its just basically summarizing what is happening instead of actually giving a stance on it, which is scummy because its a way to make it seem like you are contributing to the discusion without actually having to firmly plant hooves on either side of the line.

Rainbowdash wrote:The agreement with hip bugs me as well, I don't see how digging a hole is scummy at all. Why even bring that one up as a point?

The point is, the way Thomith was going about it was dragging himself down along with Neruz. Scummy both by association with Neruz and through his own posts (too late for specific posts, but I believe most of them have already been covered).

What? So digging a hole was some unique way of saying commited the exact same scumtells as somepony else? Also its never too late for specific posts. That is what makes this so much more different then when ponies meet somewhere to play, you can accurately go back and bring up what was said.

Rainbowdash wrote:This post
Oh, right, if I think you're scum. Had a post on that, then stupidly got it deleted by clicking on a bookmark. But anyways, I checked through the first couple pages up to when I switched to you, and I didn't really see much reason for me to vote you, so I'm gonna
Unvote.

I still hold Neruz in suspicion, but Evil Bullet is right in that we probably need to either look at things from a different angle or find another place to go to.

Also just seems out of place, especially has VM is calling Neruz scum while not voting, yet that was in part his inital attack on Neruz.

You would like to call me out on hypocrisy, wouldn't you?

Thing is, I didn't actually call him scum in this post, nor assign any scumpoints or scumtells to him. I ONLY said he has my suspicion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't get snippy with me. These hooves can not only protect but also destroy, and I will not hesitate to use them to do such if you aren't going to just answer questions straightforward. Also I love to call ponies out on being hypocritical since its a scumtell.

How in the world is saying somepony has your suspicion, but they aren't going to get your vote any different then what happened with Neruz to start the game? Its the exact same thing, scarily the exact same thing. Even with that last post you specifically say that he has your suspicion, which makes him more scummy than anypony at null read, which is what we all railed on Neruz for.

Rainbowdash wrote:Then there is the out of nowhere sheep on me onto hiphop. Up until that point I was convinced the entire wagon was town driven. Now not so sure.

Now, this vote WAS sheeping (happy now? You can say I sheeped), but even if I didn't try to add my own logic, I did (and do) agree with the logic you gave for voting Hiphop, which is why I followed you.

Sheeping isnt scummy inherantly, if it was no pony would ever get lynched. You need background characters to have a good show. Maybe this is more null, but its something I feel needed to be pointed out. Up until that point I was really convinced that the entire hiphop wagon was town. Wierd thing is, looking at that votecount, you stick out a whole lot to me. If there is scum on the wagon, probably you. I can actually see you as scum with or without hiphop, although more likely without. Instead with one of Sleuth/Parama and then somepony else from the WV/Thomith/Neruz/Beck/deselby group. This is all speculation until I prove myself right though, that VC just makes me think you are scum at a glance. Wonder if just saying throw you in the big group and it becomes a pick two works better. Given early game I believe one of the three lurkers is scum or at least two of my alliance is scum, which I heavily lean to lurker. This is even more true if deselby is town.

Rainbowdash wrote:Also if VM is town so is one of Sleuth and Parama, almost for sure. VM has shown way to much interest in lurkers contributing without making any pushes against them.

Playstyletell. I usually don't push lurkers unless they're active lurking.

Also, where have I pushed hard for Sleuth and/or Parama to post? And I'm not talking about off-hand comments like, "Oh, you're right, Sleuth isn't posting." or anything like that.

I can tell you I've only directly mentioned Parama once before this post (the other two times were in quotes), and Sleuth about 3-4. Granted, the time I mentioned Parama is when I directly ask him, "Are you even going to post?" but I haven't even broached that subject with him since.

As for Sleuth, I have never actually gone out of my way to say, "Sleuth hasn't been posting. You ought to start doing that." or anything like that. So I'm not sure where you're getting "has shown way too much interest in lurkers contributing"

Iso 16. The individual addressing of slightly different questions just was one of those things that made me jot down a note.

Rainbowdash wrote:Now we observe.

*observes* Rainbowdash! What do your pony eyes see?

I see little reason to back off what I have been thinking so far, although the play from Ellibereth has caused me to have my reads shaken a little bit and helped get my head out of the clouds. Seems like he keep pushing the exact ponies I have more doubts about, which I like and dislike at the same times. See I really dislike being wrong and tend to not admit such until I have near inconclusive proof otherwise, damn anchoring heruistic, but he keeps playing devils advocate.

That was more then I intended to write.
You don't earn
loyalty
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Neruz »

Ellibereth wrote:aka that felt fucking disingenious
discredatious
whatever the hell the word is
discreditationgenious
one example
one "Viey" example from Beck
Though you seem to see more than one, or feel more than one somewhere.
Just quote them over.

I'm not sure what you're after, but i'm guessing you want some examples of Beck's posts that i'm getting hueg scum vibes from:

Beck wrote:Oh your other points

1. I dont beleive your explanations cause I read your posts and I feel my interpretation is right
2. I'm not trying to coach you so I don't know why you think I am

Beck wrote:@ void, obviously you are going to disagree with if, regardless of your alignment.

Unfortunately I go off my own interpretations and I feel your explanations aren't truthful

Not even sure why you said im coaching you, that's a big stretch.

Lastly, That's great you agree with everyone. I wish I could do that.

Are the two that immediately come to mind. I have no idea why, logically i can't see anything in there except blind stubbornness, but something i can't put my finger on just seems
off
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I don't care about scumvibes
well I do, that's natural, and it's nice that you quoted. Gut is just gut.
What I don't get is the 'Viey' part of things you brought up.
What's 'Viey' there. At all. And don't say stubborness.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I love you pony.
I really do.
Sheeping isnt scummy inherantly

+1 +1 +1 +1
Sheeping is an ART
knowing when to sheep...who to sheep...
Yeah.
That.
I see little reason to back off what I have been thinking so far, although the play from Ellibereth has caused me to have my reads shaken a little bit and helped get my head out of the clouds. Seems like he keep pushing the exact ponies I have more doubts about, which I like and dislike at the same times. See I really dislike being wrong and tend to not admit such until I have near inconclusive proof otherwise, damn anchoring heruistic, but he keeps playing devils advocate.

heehee.
I live to entertain
just to entertain
FLASH OF GREEN
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Neruz »

Ellibereth wrote:I don't care about scumvibes

Um, that would be the blind stubbornness? Voided gave reasoning for most of the things Beck brought up, Beck responded with what basically amounted to 'no ur wrong'. That's pretty standard VI territory there.

I do find it interesting how fast you chainsawed me though.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by hiphop »

Here, and reading.

RainbowDash-One wall poster is enough.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Neruz wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I don't care about scumvibes

Um, that would be the blind stubbornness? Voided gave reasoning for most of the things Beck brought up, Beck responded with what basically amounted to 'no ur wrong'. That's pretty standard VI territory there.

I do find it interesting how fast you chainsawed me though.

hmmmmmmaga
Ok this whole overuse of this whole "VI" thing is annoying (not just this game, everywhere in general).
and I'll let Beck response to that even though I think the reply is fairly straightfoward...

And I'll revvvvv up the chainsaw anyday.
Actually that's have some fun with this mechanical beast.
1: Humor me and define a chainsaw.
2: Why is a chainsaw bad/scummy/negative/whatever.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”