Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Battousai »

Busy/distracted is the RB flavor... I can see that as (from most to least probable flavor-wise only):

entertainer/dancer- An exotic dancer would definitly be distracting
priest- This/doctor/bartender/bank clerk I can see as all being busy (going to the church, having a doctor's appointment, getting drunk, have to go to the bank)
doctor
bartender
bank clerk
corrupt cop- From here down it gets very unlikely... Corrupt cop is hasseling you would make you distracted
cook- Busy eating
city councilperson- Have to go pay a politician a visit and make a complaint on the mob crisis
factory worker- These three I can't really come up with a logical reason they would distract you or make you busy.
teamster
business owner

20 bucks says flameaxe's role is roleblocker, since, you know, he refuses to claim...

Flameaxe- I take offence to being a shitty vig. How many people have you correctly lynched (without being told by a cop that they were scum)? 1. How many have scum have I gotten rid of? 2. Therefore, you are the shittier scumhunter if I am a shitty vig.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Flameaxe »

lol now you just sound silly. Lets kill the probtown watcher because I'm so out of touch with the game!

I'm actually laughing at this.

Question: What night was I recruited?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I also fail to see where the impressive two scum kills come from.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Amrun »

Flameaxe's refusal to claim has reached a distracting and anti-town level.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Amrun wrote:Flameaxe's refusal to claim has reached a distracting and anti-town level.

Why only Flameaxe has caused this?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I disagree with the order Batt gave. My busyness had nothing to do with dancing.
A better order might be:
Teamster
Mob Lieutenant (yes, kinetic may have targeted me himself, which adds to my hope that he is no longer able to recruit)
City Councilperson
Factory Worker
Bartender

VOTE: xvart

@Spiro Cann: Is it possible that claiming more of your actions would convince people that you're town?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: Flameaxe
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Amrun wrote:Flameaxe's refusal to claim has reached a distracting and anti-town level.

If my not claiming is distracting, the people who post nothing but bitching regarding it is just as distracting.

On a related note, is this post supposed to have a meaningful purpose? Because it doesn't.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I'm still leaning towards the CS lynch as the best by a sizeable margin today, and I'm not sure distracting ourselves by messing around with Flameaxe is the way to go. I reread him, and think he's shown consistent logic throughout the game, and I doubt he has been culted (unless it was pretty early).

The only question I have for him that is still nagging is why did you initially propose going along with the massclaim if you planned on not claiming if someone else didn't (and in this case it was Yos2, whose role is really irrelevant so far this game)

~~~

Herod, can you clarify what you mean by listing some of the professions in a list there?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

The only answer to your only question: To be honest, I don't think I can really say that I expected anyone else to not go along with the massclaim. Around the time of Yos' refusal to claim, I changed my mind regarding the benefits to claiming (which I guess can be seen in the tone of my posts). Most of that came from the logic that came with Yos' not going along with the massclaim, most of it rang true to me. On a related-ish note, I did recently (this morning at work) remember our night talk discussions in Succession 1. Each night we started by copying a post that was made in thread summarizing claims made in thread. Most of our night talk discussion went around who claimed what and who we want to add to the cult. Yos can probably confirm this in some way if necessary. I can try to find the post too if I really need to.

Short answer: I wasn't necessarily planning for it, because I didn't expect it at the time of my agreement. I was caught up in the whole pie_is_good style massclaim support and was a bit clouded in retrospect. Can't change the past, meh.

Claiming that I have no useful information is what I feel is worthy of claiming at this point in the game. I don't have any major issues with a CS lynch. The logic behind it seems pretty solid. I'd still like a Cobble lynch (shocker) too. Might go back and summarize where I sit with him, aka add to that post I made a few days back.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Magister Ludi wrote:Herod, can you clarify what you mean by listing some of the professions in a list there?

Those are the profession names that best match what I know of my being blocked.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

What possible flavor does Teamster/Factory Worker/Bartender have in common with City Councilperson for roleblocking? I would think it'd be one or the other.

@Flameaxe: Main as in probable earlier recruit. I have no idea what the other part is refering to.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Battousai »

Hero- What was the flavor, other than busyness/distracted?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:05 am

Post by xvart »

I finally have power back.

Flameaxe, 3493 wrote:@Batt: I changed my mind. Through Yos' refusal, I realized I didn't have any benefit to claim. The only benefit to claiming in a game like this is to get information out, if I had information, I would have claimed it. I said this yesterday, almost exactly the same thing.
No, actually yesterday you said claiming was only beneficial if everyone else did it, and you wouldn't claim unless everyone else did, too.

Cobblerfone wrote:That last thing was meant only semi-jokingly.
Why did you feel the need to clarify how serious or not serious your comment was? Do you believe it or not?

Flameaxe, 3526 wrote:Question: What night was I recruited?
Distraction tactics. "If you can't tell me what night I was recruited then I can't possibly be recruited. I already said yesterday that I think you were recruited N3 or earlier. Since you generated this discussion point do you have a reason that you were not recruited these nights? In fact, now that we have a missing/unclaimed roleblocker my suspicion of why I think you were/are refusing to claim and the way it transpired makes me believe you have been recruited and can't claim because of the flavor confirming your actions by other people. You've been using your "town power" for scummy purposes.

VOTE: Flameaxe
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Herodotus »

Cobblerfone wrote:What possible flavor does Teamster/Factory Worker/Bartender have in common with City Councilperson for roleblocking? I would think it'd be one or the other.

Please wait while I copy and paste what the mod sent me into the thread...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Battousai »

Hero- You can probably paraphrase better than busy/distracted.

I believe at least one person said they thought they were blocked by DGB yesterday. Since DGB was an "entertainer" as well, if you could paraphrase your block flavor, that'd be great.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Amrun »

Bunny: Because the only other person is Yos2 and it's entirely different.

Flameaxe: My point is that all conveiable benefits to not claiming SHOULD be outweighed by the distraction you are causing town ... If you are town.

Conspiracy totally needs to die before I bother. With you, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Read rule 9 carefully before quoting flavor.

Second Vote Count of Day Six:

ConSpiracy - 4 (Magister Ludi, Amrun, bvoigt, Yosarian2)
Flameaxe - 3 (Battousai, Lady Lambdadelta, xvart)
Cobblerfone - 1 (Flameaxe)
Nobody Special - 1 (ConSpiracy)
xvart - 1 (Herodotus)

Not Voting - Bunnylover, Cobblerfone, Nobody Special

With thirteen voters present, it will take seven to lynch.
Retired as of October 2014.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Xvart wrote:No, actually yesterday you said claiming was only beneficial if everyone else did it, and you wouldn't claim unless everyone else did, too.

I said a massclaim is only beneficial if everyone does it. Difference. My opinion on claiming changed through the day.

Xvart wrote:Distraction tactics. "If you can't tell me what night I was recruited then I can't possibly be recruited. I already said yesterday that I think you were recruited N3 or earlier. Since you generated this discussion point do you have a reason that you were not recruited these nights? In fact, now that we have a missing/unclaimed roleblocker my suspicion of why I think you were/are refusing to claim and the way it transpired makes me believe you have been recruited and can't claim because of the flavor confirming your actions by other people. You've been using your "town power" for scummy purposes.

I don't see how asking someone what day they think I was recruited if they are soooooo sure I'm scum (like Batt seems to be) is distracting.. When someone sits here and calls me scum because I refuse to claim, yeah, I'd like to prod them to actually give something scummy beyond that to show what day it was. The question wasn't directed at you this time. Also, I'm that missing RB? Do you miss the part where my profession doesn't match the flavor according to hero? (Yes this is an anti-claim of RB)

Cobble wrote:@Flameaxe: Main as in probable earlier recruit. I have no idea what the other part is refering to.

Because someone asked you why I was a better lynch than Conspiracy. Saying "I'm the main recruit" isn't an answer. It's completely meaningless, doesn't actually commit to any opinion. I was asking you to actually put something out there for a change. Not like you really have all game.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:13 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

All right.
I will be V/La this week, because of my introduction week at my university, so don't expect me to be online at all.

About the things asked to me.
Herod: No my claim doesn't help any one.
Just in case I am lynched during the time I'm V/La, I am a non-consecutive night commuter.
However, I never commuted (neither did Fritzler), because it doesn't make any sense to commute.
1. If culted, cult becomes more powerful. (so do I then)
2. If copped, I am innocent.
3. If doc'ed, no harm done
4. If RB'ed, no harm done
5. If tracked/watched etc. no harm done.
6. If vigged, I am apparently too culty. (Mislynch avoided)
7. If I do not commute, I could visit a spot

It's also one of the reasons why I thought there is a mafia in the game. What would be the use of a commuter otherwise?

Aside from that, I want people to look for my wagon.
Yesterday I didn't have any suspicion on me. Suddenly I am the main lynch target for today. Do all of you think that only town made this happen?

Amrun: Never have ever seen such a convinced-town amrun like this one. I've read a couple of games from her (she was town in all of those) and I can't remember a single game she was such as convinced as she is now.
Yos: Near-confirmed town. Though his case is a bit whinish. (Fritzler was town though, but since this is cult that shouldn't matter/asked others what they think about this case)
Bvoigt: Told before
ML: Dunno, I think he's town.

And still. Maybe NS does have flavor reasons, but he doesn't have a single reason to kill a near conf. and high chance to be docced town. There are several reasons he could know about Yos being JK'ed.
1. Is cult with Yos
2. Is cult with ML
3. Is cult with an investigative role that targeted Yos
4. Kinetic tried to cult Yos

So NS, why Yos?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Herodotus wrote:I was busy/distracted.

I agree that a city government person is a possible match, but Cons claimed vanilla and claimed to have visited a location. I think he should claim the rest of his actions. If someone can verify that he has been visiting, that won't prove entirely that he's town but it would prove he wasn't RB'ing.

And forgot to answer this post.

Visited and at which nights:
1. Building 13, people are even busy at night. Saw someone that was typical of that location. (I searched out who that should be, and I think that was bunnylover)
2. Park, quiet and peaceful. Not very interesting.
3. Building 30 (this is when I came in): Something about my biweekly haircut. That I will be the next in line for it.
4. Church: Impressive building, but locked up tight.
5. 28: Warner photography, was the place Chronopie aparently lived. It was abandoned because of it.

That's all I guess.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 am

Post by bvoigt »

Herodotus has said that Flameaxe didn't roleblock him. Now let's move on.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@Amrun: How are they different?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Amrun »

When I'm convinced, I'm convinced.

Plus in the highly public white flag mafia, I called the scumteam day 1, did not stick to my guns, and lost. So yeah, I think you are scum and I won't let it go until you're dead.

What does that mean, though? That's not a read. That's a vague comment. Do you think I am scum, conspiracy?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

xvart wrote:Why did you feel the need to clarify how serious or not serious your comment was? Do you believe it or not?

To prevent confusion. It did come as a serious thought, but I realized it was too short and I was probably being paranoid. I'm starting to believe it though. #3548 also rubs me wrong.

Flameaxe wrote:Because someone asked you why I was a better lynch than Conspiracy.

I believe it was more along the line of why I was more focused on you.

ConSpiracy wrote:It's also one of the reasons why I thought there is a mafia in the game. What would be the use of a commuter otherwise?

Dude, unless the role pm specifies otherwise I'd assume Commuter's like a nonconsecutive self-cultdoc. Surely you must be joking.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”