TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:56 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

* High fives all around*

Good game everyone! Thanks for making it interesting Cadmium!
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:57 am

Post by VisMaior »

It looked good until you killed me. Was I a doc?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:59 am

Post by mith »

You were surely a hider, or you'd have been recruited.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 am

Post by Cadmium »

Roles and choices coming up somewhere this week.

[edit]Anyone interested in programming an Excell sheet to BB code converter ;)[/edit]
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:08 am

Post by VisMaior »

that should be not hard. I might give it a try. Pm me!
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:31 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'd like to debate the use of chat logs in this game. Should I bring that up here or start a thread in the mafia discussion forum? :)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:33 am

Post by Glork »

I don't think I was in the game long enough to get a real good handle on things, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Good game, people.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:53 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

LoudmouthLee wrote:The reason, and I won't say if it's Mith or not....

The cult has "cop" like powers.. as in... it cannot recruit mafia.

CA, you saved me, and no, I can't recruit.

However, the other member (and I will say this.. it's NOT mith), isn't pro-town. However, since he/she is at my mercy, We have the cult working for the town.

CA, you SAVED this game for the town. Now, I know it seems implausable... but seriously, LOOK at your role.
I had to reread this post 4 or 5 times before I realized I was probably going to have to start lying in order to get the town to win. I thought at one point that I was already doomed, and that at best I'd be able to choose the winner.

@VitaminR - No hard feelings, but I really hoped you would have killed mith. :)

Good job on negotiating the tie, everyone.

@Cadmium - Thanks for modding. Your night scenes were awesome; at one point, I thought I was going to have to pick up a Bible and do some numerology. If a game has made me that paranoid, I'd call it a success.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:02 am

Post by mith »

Should I bring that up here or start a thread in the mafia discussion forum?
Start a thread, I was going to start one myself anyway, just haven't gotten to it. I'll start a thread on playing for secondary goals, as well, since that came up too. :)

It didn't matter here, of course. CA could've offered his deal without knowing for sure which of us was the SK, and I would've done the same thing from there.

Oh, btw. Were you a Psalm verse, VR, or something else?
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:04 am

Post by Cadmium »

VitaminR wrote:I'd like to debate the use of chat logs in this game. Should I bring that up here or start a thread in the mafia discussion forum?
If it's specifically this game you want to discuss, this thread seems more appropriate. But it doesn't really matter.

For the record, I'm not allowing it in any future games ;).

Good to hear you all enjoyed it. It must have been hard for the most of you to figure out your role with that little info :P. At one point, I even thought I made it too difficult. I'm glad that didn't spoil the fun!
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:06 am

Post by mith »

For the record, I'm not allowing it in any future games
Eh, wait til we have the discussion. :)
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:07 am

Post by VisMaior »

I will be on the "allow it" side.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:11 am

Post by Fritzler »

damn, i felt like i played horrible here

if i realized i was a cult leader earlier, yea

sorry mith and LML
Surfs up dude.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:18 am

Post by Cadmium »

mith wrote:Eh, wait til we have the discussion. :)
You'd have to try hard to convince me then ;).

I did not see
that much
log coming :).

Fritzler, your role was one of the tougher roles to figure out. Don't feel bad!
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 am

Post by Mackay »

I would like to debate the use of the phrase "good game" here, at least as applied to the town.

You guys were lucky to escape with a tie. Lynching me without giving me a chance to say anything was one of the most incredibly stupid things you could possibly have done. Had Fritz known his role earlier, it would have ended the game right then and there, with a win for the cult.

I am still in a state of disbelief that with a potential three cult out there, ADMITTEDLY still with recruiting ability, that you rushed a lynch which could have killed the town in one swift blow. LoudmouthLee had
lied
about regaining his cop ability and given a false result. He had been proven cult, and people somehow took his word for it that he was pro-town. (I know he was telling the truth, but it was SO UNBELIEVABLE.) And lynched me without giving me a chance to argue my case.

I was fully aware that I was going to be caught, but I wanted to take out as many cultists as I could in the process. I was convinced mith was cult - sadly, I was also convinced that recruiting mith, VitaminR, and Roadbird would have been the first thing a cultist would do, and killed the ONE player of the three whose death would not have benefited me. :(

The play worked for you, but it was not "good".

(OK, OK. I'm bitter. Seriously bitter. Not about getting lynched, that was inevitable. But getting lynched within two hours of my going to sleep, without the chance to make an argument? With a super-scary cult looming, which nobody seemed to pay attention to? That SUCKED. So take all this with a grain of salt, I'm still not over it.)

That being said, my heartiest congratulations to
VitaminR!
You played
brilliantly!
I did not suspect you in the slightest. *like mith, also totally had ameliaslay pegged as SK*

I would also like to say that the phrase "good game" VERY much applies to Cadmium's running of the game. It was fantastic, and I can't wait for the next two. :)

Cad - What the heck was up with EnderX?
- Mackay
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:44 am

Post by VitaminR »

mith wrote:
Should I bring that up here or start a thread in the mafia discussion forum?
Start a thread, I was going to start one myself anyway, just haven't gotten to it. I'll start a thread on playing for secondary goals, as well, since that came up too. :)

It didn't matter here, of course. CA could've offered his deal without knowing for sure which of us was the SK, and I would've done the same thing from there.

Oh, btw. Were you a Psalm verse, VR, or something else?
I think I'll start a thread. It didn't really affect this game.

I had a psalm verse safe claim. Nowhere near as ingenuitive as you made me out to be, so I think most of the praise I'm getting is a bit unjustified (though thanks, Mackay. Great avatar, btw!).

I'll post some comments and explain my choices later. :)
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 am

Mackay wrote:I would like to debate the use of the phrase "good game" here, at least as applied to the town.

You guys were lucky to escape with a tie. Lynching me without giving me a chance to say anything was one of the most incredibly stupid things you could possibly have done. Had Fritz known his role earlier, it would have ended the game right then and there, with a win for the cult.

I am still in a state of disbelief that with a potential three cult out there, ADMITTEDLY still with recruiting ability, that you rushed a lynch which could have killed the town in one swift blow. LoudmouthLee had
lied
about regaining his cop ability and given a false result. He had been proven cult, and people somehow took his word for it that he was pro-town. (I know he was telling the truth, but it was SO UNBELIEVABLE.) And lynched me without giving me a chance to argue my case.

I was fully aware that I was going to be caught, but I wanted to take out as many cultists as I could in the process. I was convinced mith was cult - sadly, I was also convinced that recruiting mith, VitaminR, and Roadbird would have been the first thing a cultist would do, and killed the ONE player of the three whose death would not have benefited me. :(

The play worked for you, but it was not "good".

(OK, OK. I'm bitter. Seriously bitter. Not about getting lynched, that was inevitable. But getting lynched within two hours of my going to sleep, without the chance to make an argument? With a super-scary cult looming, which nobody seemed to pay attention to? That SUCKED. So take all this with a grain of salt, I'm still not over it.)

That being said, my heartiest congratulations to
VitaminR!
You played
brilliantly!
I did not suspect you in the slightest. *like mith, also totally had ameliaslay pegged as SK*

I would also like to say that the phrase "good game" VERY much applies to Cadmium's running of the game. It was fantastic, and I can't wait for the next two. :)

Cad - What the heck was up with EnderX?
I figured that I needed to be voting with Lee. I thought he was tricking me into doing something I didn't want to do, but then I thought he was tricking the cult (mith) into doing something he didn't want to do. So I voted before mith could have figured it out.

Also, sorry to Pooky and Flying Dutchman. I was not good at catching scum this game. I pulled out the draw for you.

@mith - Nice try, trying to get me to lynch the SK for you. I didn't buy for a second that you were going to uphold the draw that you promised LML.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:55 am

Post by mith »

I didn't buy for a second that you were going to uphold the draw that you promised LML.
I guess we'll never know for sure. ;)

I didn't figure you'd buy it though; I was already prepared with the no lynch scenario. (In fact, I'd also considered another plan rather than coming out with the chat log as a chance to prove I was the real cult: no lynch, and then VitaminR can't kill me without proving he's the SK and getting lynched, and he has to guess which player I'll try to recruit or the cult wins. The problem of course is that we all suspected that CA was unrecruitable, so the chances of me recruiting the player he didn't kill were slim, so it probably wouldn't have actually proved anything; still, it might've been worth a try.)

It's fortunate I got back home before Ameliaslay posted though. Perhaps we need a little discussion on quick-lynching (or quick-no-lynching). I'm really liking the way Verbose is working in that respect; everyone knows the deadline well in advance, and votes won't end day early, so people not being on at a specific time does not affect the outcome.
Last edited by mith on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Cadmium »

Mackay wrote:Cad - What the heck was up with EnderX?
Exactly! And what was up with LyingBrian ;)?
VitaminR wrote:
mith wrote:Oh, btw. Were you a Psalm verse, VR, or something else?
I had a psalm verse safe claim.
::ducks::
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Pooky still think town sux for lynching his poor magical butt :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:00 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

mith wrote:
I didn't buy for a second that you were going to uphold the draw that you promised LML.
I guess we'll never know for sure. ;)
I didn't buy it either.

However, I had Mith by the testes. He couldn't mess with me, as I had a feeling that only one more person was recruitable. (Turns out that none were.)

Was I going to stab Mith in the back? I guess he'll never know, except, to let you know...

If you guys would have lynched the SK...

Town would have won.

I still think I played well.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:01 am

Post by Mackay »

Cadmium wrote:
Mackay wrote:Cad - What the heck was up with EnderX?
Exactly! And what was up with LyingBrian ;)?
Ahhh - see, my theory was that the mystery perisher (revealed to be VitaminR) had started out as a vig, then turned evil when LyingBrian died.

What
was
EnderX? Just some kind of evil townie?
- Mackay
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Mackay »

LoudmouthLee wrote:I still think I played well.
You didn't play as badly as I thought you did when I first died, that's for sure. Lynching me
was
the correct play on your and mith's part, of course - but it was not the correct play for the town.

Then again, I underestimated Fritz' honesty. =) I was sure there was a whole seething cult underworld.
- Mackay
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:09 am

Post by mith »

However, I had Mith by the testes. He couldn't mess with me, as I had a feeling that only one more person was recruitable. (Turns out that none were.)
Ameliaslay was recruitable (and recruited).
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am

Mackay wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:I still think I played well.
You didn't play as badly as I thought you did when I first died, that's for sure. Lynching me
was
the correct play on your and mith's part, of course - but it was not the correct play for the town.

Then again, I underestimated Fritz' honesty. =) I was sure there was a whole seething cult underworld.
Wait, Lee's win condition was the town's win condition. Not the cult's. Lee won with the town.
LML wrote:If you guys would have lynched the SK...

Town would have won.
Nuh-uh. VitaminR and I became very good friends at the end of the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”