Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Ah okay, that actually makes a lot of sense. And it gives responsibilities to a lot of people.
So I will just submit the move to ragetorium with insurance then.

And yes plans are still interesting
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Llamarble »

MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Ragetorium
Insurance?:
Yes

Submitting this now.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Lost Butterfly wrote:how the hell does a double vote help in reading each other. the villa WOULD help. the rageatorium is useless for that. seriously.

Kickstarts the wagon if someone in the Rageatorium is scummy.

Let me put it this way: let's say I'm scum. You can tell, people who've played with me as town can probably tell, but a lot of strangers will probably just think I'm null. It's a lot easier to get my wagon going if everyone in the Rageatorium is in the "knows hitos meta" category. Savvy?

Klazam wrote:Hito- The door controller does not need to be town at all. In fact it would help if mafia is in there. We dont have to worry about replacing the DC if he/she dies, and we can lynch quickly if he/she doesnt listen to the town with opening/closing doors. I dont really care who we send there, but we should do it ASAP in my opnion.

"oops guys, sorry I didn't open that door like I said! I was at a concert with my friends and I went right to sleep when I got back!"

I don't want to play "not sure if scum or telling the truth" with that business. I suppose I could relent with someone who is, alignment independent, very consistent. But I do NOT want to deal with that kind of situation, and the absolute safest way is to try to get a townie on door control.

Klazam wrote:Also, Hito, cryptography isnt allowed in the rules.

Which is why I want to be one of the ones in the Villa. If cryptography was allowed, I could probably do this without the Villa.

A slight amendment to Feysals thing: I think we should use:

#MOVE
Player to Move:
(Player)
Room to Move to:
(Room)
Insurance?:
(Y/N)

For ease of searching.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

Alright here it is. I'm admittedlly not the best strategy and it's possible that I have misunderstood the rules or the mechanic but I've attempted to put together a 'plan' so to speak allowing us to have everyone in their designated position within four days. There may be flaws or problems with it but I would highly appreciate someone else looking over it and either telling me it's crap or ammending it to be usable. The (Numbers) can be filled in with peoples names if we actually plan to proceed with something similar to this, for example Lost Butteryfly/Hito/Andrius would be (2), (3) and (4). I also understand the need to stay away from complex plans but the way I see it we all have enough rounds and chits to counter anything mafia attempt to do this early in the game, they really have minimal sway.

Spoiler: The Code
(1) - The person decided to be the door controller.
(2), (3), (4) - The people decided to be in the Villa.
(5) - The person decided to be in the security room.
(6) The person decided to be the Move Checker.
(7) - The person decided to be in the Panic Room.
(8) - The person decided to be in the War Room.
(9), (10), (11) - The people decided to be our switch controllers.
)12), (13), )14) - The people decided to be standing and locked inside The Tipping Point and The Potion Room.
(16), (16), (17), (18) - The people decided to be standing in The Rageatorium.
19), (20) - Freeloaders.

In round one (19) uses an ibuys insurance and moves (1) from Nexus to Rageatorium. (20) doesn't buy insurance and moves (1) from Rageatorium to Secluded Villa. (5), (9), (10) abd, (11) all move each other to The Switch where all of them remain until C/D4 is opened.(6) and (7) move each other to The Monestory both using insurance. (12) doesn't use insurance and moves (7) Monstery to The Paanic Room and (13) doesn't use insurance and moves (6) to Move Checker. (2), (3) and (4) move (12), (13) and (14) to The Campfire. (15) uses and insurance and moves (8) to The campfire. (16) doesn't use insurance and moves (8) from Campfire to War Room. In round two (19) moves (1) to Door Control. (1) opens C/D4. (20) moves (5) to the electric chair using insurance. (9) moves (5) to the security room not using insurtance. (2), (3) and (4) move themselves to Rageorium. In round three (12), (13) and (14) move themselves into the tipping room. (1) closes E/F3. (2), (3) and (4) all move each other from the Ragetorium to the Villa. In round four (1) locks C/D4. At this point everyone is in their place and we're running smoothly.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
E2. Party Room: Unimportant, but there shouldn’t be a party hosted here. It makes players be able to skip around the map too quickly. Another alternative usage can be: One player goes to the door control, another goes to start a party. Close the party room off, then have everyone jump to the party, including the door controller- YAY, we got a normal mafia game without odd mechanics. I’m not sure abut enacting this plan because there’s oh so many ways this can go wrong. A possibility is doing this within the later stages of the game.

anybody besides me just want this

I already told you this is a REALLY bad idea. I don't want to explain, but will if pushed.

Llmarble wasn't obviously town because of his "Claim the Chits and Moves before we do them" thing. Giving scum that info is anti-town.

still pushing and pressing
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Klazam »

Reg- your plan is overly complicated. A coordinated effort to distrupt it would probably work very well.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Regfan wrote:Alright here it is. I'm admittedlly not the best strategy and it's possible that I have misunderstood the rules or the mechanic but I've attempted to put together a 'plan' so to speak allowing us to have everyone in their designated position within four days. There may be flaws or problems with it but I would highly appreciate someone else looking over it and either telling me it's crap or ammending it to be usable.

And when different people occupy the rooms than we appointed, who's scum? The guy who was moved to Potions without being ordered? The girl who was supposed to move him? That freeloader with a lot of chits left?

The more bits you put on your toy, the more likely it is a bit is gonna snap off.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Klazam »

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Secluded Villa
Insurance?:
Y

I'll do this.

One do the Door control move, uninsured
One more for the insured move to secluded villa.

Who'll help move me to the Move Checker section? (Needs an insured move, then a uninsured move)
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Regfan »

Fair enough. I'm in job interviews for the rest of the day and my laptop has about...6 minutes of battery time left so I won't be able to post again for quite some time. I'll be able to send in whatever move or chit is needed when I get home tonight though so just let me know what you need me to do.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Maruchan wrote:I think we should suggest moving EVERYBODY out of the Nexus/Rageatorium/SecludedVilla/Door switch, then lock every door around that 4-room line. Why? then the scum can't kill me to force-replace the door switch operator!!

^_^

This is wrong for the same reason as the Party Room plan.

AH too bad.

I figured I'd suggest it
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Llamarble »

We actually only have a few hours to get all these moves submitted, so I think we just go by each person performs the most important move remaining when they're available to make the move. Ideally we want to get Klazam to the move checker and Maruchan well on the way to the door round one and a few people headed for the Villa so that if Maruchan gets sidetracked somebody can fill in. Main thing with others is NO CAMPFIRE YET (or just Klazam) because that might enable a scum tip-trigger.

Maruchan should not submit any chits this round because he needs them to use the door.

@Hito: we know it's likely somebody who didn't submit an assigned move that succeeded. (or there'd be "hm where did your chits go/whydoyourmoveskeepfailing" later on)
But yeah redundancy is a good idea. I think we should pick another door-operator backup who also gets people trying to move him to the door. That will make it harder for scum to screw up both of them.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Maruchan »

hitogoroshi wrote:
"oops guys, sorry I didn't open that door like I said! I was at a concert with my friends and I went right to sleep when I got back!"

I don't want to play "not sure if scum or telling the truth" with that business. I suppose I could relent with someone who is, alignment independent, very consistent. But I do NOT want to deal with that kind of situation, and the absolute safest way is to try to get a townie on door control.

See with me you won't have this problem!

I have no life.
Like literally.
No Life.

SO I wake up, watch some tv while refreshing my mafia games on my laptop (I keep a standard 27 permanent tabs opened, arranged in tab groups for their function). Eat dinner. Refresh some more.
Eat midnight snack. refresh some more.
sleep.
Rinse repeat

In a week I will be starting school though, HOWEVER:
1. I never have homework
2. If I do have homework I finish it in another class
3. If I don't finish it in another class it doesn't get done.
4. I have no sports nor extracurricular.
5. ???
6. Profit!

So other than for 2-3 hours on Tuesdays/Thursdays, I will be at my computer constantly from 3PM till Midnight once school starts, and on my cell during school.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Klazam »

Llama, who do you propose for the backup door controller? How about LLD?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Lost Butterfly
Room to Move to:
Rageatorium
Insurance?:
N

You alright with this marble? I'm out the door again and might not be back until his deadline.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Llamarble »

That's fine.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Llamarble »

All the people moving toward the Ragetorium/villa area can serve; scum can't stop us from moving at least one into the door control for more than a round or 2.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Actually...

#MOVE (Amendment)
Player to Move:
Lost Butterfly
Room to Move to:
Rageatorium
Insurance?:
N
Chit(s)?
1 Blue

Chit choices should be obvious, but this'll make it a little harder to go under the radar (e.g, seeing "wow you're on red already?" ought to be helpful).

So yeah, we should say which chits we're using in the thread bits. And maybe put amendment in the title if it's an amendment? Make sure the "#MOVE" isn't broken up though.

k pm'd that shit, out for real now. Did you know DiGiorno's sells pizza and cookies in the SAME BOX? Dinner is gonna be awesome, is all I'm saying.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by iamausername »

I can already tell that this game is going to hurt my head.

What strikes me the most so far is that I find Maruchan's eagerness to get to the Door Control room very disconcerting. Even given that he'd only be operating the doors on town consensus, we don't know what kind of powers scum might have, could be that they gain some huge extra advantage from being in there at night or something. I think we should be very skeptical about the motives of anyone who wants to move themselves (or any other specific person, in fact) to a particular room.

The Secluded Villa trio don't have the same issue, because that was at least partially arranged before anyone had role PMs so it's clearly not alignment based. But in general I think we should be figuring out how we want to arrange all the players without deciding who fills which role, and then use some kind of randomising method to decide who goes where.

Random except that I want Maruchan kept as far away from Door Control as possible.

Regfan's #153 is a good start.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Fate »

#MOVE
Player to Move:
ME
Room to Move to:
THE BULLETPROOF ONE
Insurance?:
WHO NEEDS INSURANCE?

NEED ANYTHIN MORE FROM ME YET GUYS?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Nautilius »

FATE CHOOSE A MOVE FOR US.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Fate »

Llamarble wrote:Fate don't you want to go QT / Rage with Reck & Elli?

7 people are accounted for by door / Villa / Rage rotation.

1 more each for security and move checker

5 for campfire
Which means 6 left. I guess 2-3 of those can go in tipping land but we have to be REALLY careful about that.
And we can use the war room too I suppose because we just plain have enough people to.
May as well toss an obvtown in the panic room as that can't hurt. And we lynch / chair

But yeah we have alot of people compared to the size of this place, which makes sense for D1.

I am good with Feysal's suggestion.
I am also good with Klazam to move checker.
Him nomming me-town for that makes him probtown in addition to his other stuff.

Sorta, but I faraday and andrius butt buddies kinda called dibs on that shit pre-game. Id be fine being unkillable over in the corner and watchin the nukes rain down.

ill come out when tis all done and rule the world kthx (Survivor softclaim here)
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Fate »

Nautilius wrote:FATE CHOOSE A MOVE FOR US.

THIS IMPLIES YOUVE READ ME AS TOWN AND TRUST ME

DONT YOU DARE FUCKIN READ ME AS TOWN UNTIL I GET TO THAT GODDAMN SHELTER

DONT YOU FUCKIN DARE

I HAVENT EVEN READ THE THREAD CLEARLY.

SO FUCK YOUR READS AND FUCK YOUR MOVES,

NAUTILIUS MOVE INTO: OFF A CLIFF, AKA SCUM NK ROOM WHERE THEY DIE

THATS MY MOVE FOR YOU, STILL THINK IM FUCKIN TOWN?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Fate »

wait, I need 6 chits to move myself there...

FFFFFF

Nautilius, nevermind, you CAN read me as town:

Move me north into the monastery today please.

Then I can move myself the other step since it only costs 2.

DO IT DO IT DO TI CONFIRM HEREYOURE DOIN IT PLZPLPLZPLPZLPZLPLZ
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Andrius wrote:Ok after talking with zor about the morse code thing you CAN only vote/unvote/confirm vote once per round so no morse code for villa-ites. :(

It offends me that A) you haven't read the rules and B) you didn't believe me when I told you what they were and STILL couldn't read them but had to run to the Mod for confirmation. But I'm in a really pissy mood today so.

Maruchan wrote:
Is anyone seriously OPPOSED to me being the elected for the door switch room?

I am not opposed.

I am fine with staying in the Nexus for now. I don't actually plan on moving myself in the foreseeable future.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Fate »

ok ok I read the rules I got it:

ELLIE PM ZOR THIS:

Player to Move:
Fate
Room to Move to:
Monastery
Insurance?:
YES

Do it and the rest of my chits are yours, its a FAIR FUCKIN TRADE.

GOgogogoogogogogogo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”