Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Feysal »

Finished reading, time to start writing. Several good ideas and points have been made by different players, and I don't think I'll bother trying to give credit. I will be making an effort to summarize everything of importance, sort of like hitogoroshi did in Stars Aligned III with his investigators' reference. It would make me happy if I could point people to read my posts if they get confused about what is happening and why. And mark my words, there is
definitely
going to be plenty of confusion in this game.

So much for the preamble, now to business. I think I'll start here.

Lady Lambdadelta [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3376521#p3376521]#75[/url] wrote:Llmarble wasn't obviously town because of his "Claim the Chits and Moves before we do them" thing. Giving scum that info is anti-town.

Wrong. WRONG.

Let me explain how this game works. There is limited space in each room. Right now there is not even enough space to move everyone out of the nexus into adjoining rooms. What does this mean? It means that there is massive potential for conflicting actions. People will try moving into areas where there is no space for them. People will bump and stumble on each other trying to get where they want to go. This will spend a massive number of chits, and sooner than you know it, most players will be out of chits, and shot all over the map seemingly at random.
That
is what is going to happen if people do not post their moves before they happen. It will be chaos, and the mafia won't even need to spend chits to mess with the town. The town is going to do it for them.
I guarantee it.

Therefore, claiming moves before they happen is not anti-town. Giving that information to the scum is a necessary evil. Withholding that information from the town?
That
is anti-town. If we keep moves secret until they happen, the mafia can just fabricate whatever they want based on the actual results. We don't want to let them do that. We want the town to work together, and to lock the mafia down with claims.

I expect all moves to be posted in thread before they happen.
Preferably I would want all moves to be planned ahead to avoid conflicts with other players. In my opinion, the chaos that would result from
not
doing it like this is all the reason you need.

Lost Butterfly [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3376494#p3376494]#66[/url] wrote:Stupid question, but is there a reason we can't just do the following:

-hito, Andrius, and LB move to Villa (within two or three rounds).
-We stay there for however many rounds it takes to strategize or communicate information or strategize.

Now don't you forget about me! Strategy is something I excel at, and I want in. No offense to hito, but in Stars Aligned III the cult worked around and punched loopholes into his plans for much of the game, and Andrius should remember I was responsible for much of that. I'm not going to miss out on this chance to do what I do best.

Now, something I have to say about the rooms. There are a number of duty stations in the game, by which I mean rooms that should be manned by our most trusted players. Security Room and Move Checker are the two most crucial. As has been said, it is not vital to have a town player at Door Control, since whatever happens to doors is completely transparent. I would like to note though that this can be a significant reason why mafia would want to be there. They can open and close doors and thus appear to be helping the town, and during the night they can visit the Secluded Villa to kill one of the more pro-town players gathered there. The door can't be closed, so it could not be prevented.

The Secluded Villa serves another purpose I've not seen anyone mention yet: claiming. Our power roles will want to share their information for it to be useful, but they won't want flashing neon signs over their heads saying "I'm a power role, kill me!" In the Secluded Villa they will have the chance to at least claim to reasonably trusted players, and if it results in their death... it tells us someone in the villa was probably not worthy of being trusted.

I really don't agree with the Secluded Villa being used as an interrogation chamber. In my experience it is much easier to deceive someone in a private conversation than in a public one, with more suspicious eyes watching you. To give an example, my mafia buddy hitogoroshi somehow talked Andrius into lying for him in Court of the Gods. Excuse me if I don't take your ability to read each other accurately for granted.

The Campfire will be the obvious place to move all our suspects when night arrives. If we're worried about the Tipping Point, we can simply close that door. I'm really not worried, since if the mafia spent four chits to move four players into Tipping Point, we could probably catch them for spending those chits.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Of course it's a townread.
Me asking you over other people was not affected by any out of game relation at all.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Fate »

DONT FUCK WITH ME ELLIE DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT CONFIRM THAT MOVE I TOLD YOU TO MAKE?

I ALREADY SENT MY COMBO MOVE IN ON TOP OF IT SO PLEASE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Player to Move: Fate
Room to Move to: Monastery
Insurance?: YES

Send that in word for word right?
When's deadline, I'm waiting for Nacho confirmation.
Hydra etc.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Fate »

Title of message: Round 1 Move

Then word for word that, YES.

Deadline's in like... oh fuck is it 10pm eastern?

2 hours then?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Maruchan »

iamausername wrote:I can already tell that this game is going to hurt my head.

What strikes me the most so far is that I find Maruchan's eagerness to get to the Door Control room very disconcerting. Even given that he'd only be operating the doors on town consensus, we don't know what kind of powers scum might have, could be that they gain some huge extra advantage from being in there at night or something. I think we should be very skeptical about the motives of anyone who wants to move themselves (or any other specific person, in fact) to a particular room.

The Secluded Villa trio don't have the same issue, because that was at least partially arranged before anyone had role PMs so it's clearly not alignment based. But in general I think we should be figuring out how we want to arrange all the players without deciding who fills which role, and then use some kind of randomising method to decide who goes where.

Random except that I want Maruchan kept as far away from Door Control as possible.

Regfan's #153 is a good start.

If it makes you feel better I am a Vanilla Townie, with standard chits, and nothing extra added.

QUICKCLAIMSAYWUT
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Fate »

Shut the fuck up Marutown go do that Door Control shit and dont let anyone tell you not to.

NOW

ELLIE

ZOR HAS CONFIRMED MY MOVE DONT LET IT GO TO WASTE.

V/LA NOW BYE
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Iamausername, we specifically requested somebody to go to door control. And if he misbehaves it will be OBVOBV and we can just quicklynch him.
Do not interfere with him going to the door control.

HIGH PRIORITY MOVES REMAINING:
another Maruchan to SV with insurance.
Maruchan to door with no insurance

Klazam to campfire Insured
Klazam to movetracker uninsured (we want that movetracker going ASAP to discourage / outright catch scum screwing with our moves)

MEDIUM PRIORITY:
More people to ragetorium/villa
Regfan could be a good backup movetracker; he seems pretty town.
Me to switch (assuming people are good with me going to security room)

Lower priority:
Other moves so we can keep track of who is doing what they're supposed to

I don't actually have a lot of scumreads yet though.
LLD maybe and Fate maybe and Elli or somebody else sneaky.
But I feel like a lot of the organizing-the-town-moves people are town, since making that happen is seriously protown.

Ooh I like that Feysal post, But Feysal can you include outstanding necessary moves in your summaries if we're using your ISO to coordinate town activity?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Llamarble »

ALSO HOURS REMAINING IS LIKE 2 SO LETS GET THOSE MOVES IN.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

Llamarble wrote:Iamausername, we specifically requested somebody to go to door control. And if he misbehaves it will be OBVOBV and we can just quicklynch him.

Misbehaviour in what sense? Opening and losing doors that nobody told him to, sure. That'd be obvious.

Being handily next door to the secluded villa so he can nip in there at night and pick off whatever obvtownie is in there? A little less obvious. Doing everything we say and nothing more until lylo when having control of the doors is key to some scum plan to overwhelm the town? Obvious, but too late for us to do anything about it. Gaining some secret scum power from being in the door control room? Not at all.

I think we should absolutely be sending someone to the Door Control room and directing them on which doors to operate, but I think it should absolutely not be someone who went "Hey guys, is it cool if I go operate the doors? You can totally lynch me if I don't do what you say, promise!"
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Llamarble wrote:

HIGH PRIORITY MOVES REMAINING:
another Maruchan to SV with insurance.

I will do this one.

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Secluded Villa
Insurance?:
Y

Sending PM now.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Who in the bejeezus in the SV is going to be Obvtown? They can't even talk to us from there.
And scum are going to preferentially kill in the same room as themselves due to action-resolution-order-shenanigans.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Pleased to see NS submitting another high priority move.
Somebody submit a Maruchan to door move and somebody else start moving Klazam and YOU TOO can have a small surge of townvibes.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Maruchan »

iamausername wrote:
Llamarble wrote:Iamausername, we specifically requested somebody to go to door control. And if he misbehaves it will be OBVOBV and we can just quicklynch him.

Misbehaviour in what sense? Opening and losing doors that nobody told him to, sure. That'd be obvious.

Being handily next door to the secluded villa so he can nip in there at night and pick off whatever obvtownie is in there? A little less obvious. Doing everything we say and nothing more until lylo when having control of the doors is key to some scum plan to overwhelm the town? Obvious, but too late for us to do anything about it. Gaining some secret scum power from being in the door control room? Not at all.

I think we should absolutely be sending someone to the Door Control room and directing them on which doors to operate, but I think it should absolutely not be someone who went "Hey guys, is it cool if I go operate the doors? You can totally lynch me if I don't do what you say, promise!"

@Mod, can you either Deny, or refuse to comment on the subject as to whether there are any roles that specifically benefit from being in a certain room? Like either say "No there are none" or "I won't comment either way" for me? I either want to have to legitly deal with these accusations, or be told they don't exist.

If there is a chance they DO exist, I am sure iamausername has one
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I would move anyone anywhere, and waste my chits, as an act of good faith.

But I was told not to. If anyone wishes to change their stance on me wasting my chits, just pipe up and say so
Show
Join Now!

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by zoraster »

Maruchan wrote:@Mod, can you either Deny, or refuse to comment on the subject as to whether there are any roles that specifically benefit from being in a certain room? Like either say "No there are none" or "I won't comment either way" for me? I either want to have to legitly deal with these accusations, or be told they don't exist.Like either say "No there are none" or "I won't comment either way" for me? I either want to have to legitly deal with these accusations, or be told they don't exist.

What in your wildest dreams would make you believe I'd answer this?

Introducing Athena, my cat of judgment:

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Blorg, there's actually like one hour left...
I may just spend the extra chits myself if we need more for our high priority moves.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Maruchan »

M'kay so we know iamausername has a special ability he gains by being in a certain room at a certain time.

Better watch out for that guys.
Show
Join Now!

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

hito wrote:Let me put it this way: let's say I'm scum. You can tell, people who've played with me as town can probably tell, but a lot of strangers will probably just think I'm null. It's a lot easier to get my wagon going if everyone in the Rageatorium is in the "knows hitos meta" category. Savvy?

So I get the power of one extra vote? Yeah;' that's not a big help. If I think someone is scum an extra vote isn't going to help get a wagon on them.

Marauchan is obv overeager town.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Feysal »

Llamarble [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3377165#p3377165]#182[/url] wrote:Ooh I like that Feysal post, But Feysal can you include outstanding necessary moves in your summaries if we're using your ISO to coordinate town activity?

I will try my best, and hope I will not burn myself out keeping track of all this.

I'm not exactly sure what the rush is to get Maruchan into Door Control. I would've been content doing it in two phases, but since this plan is already being executed, I'll go along with it.

Spoiler: MOVES SUBMITTED
Llamarble [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3376968#p3376968]#151[/url] wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Ragetorium
Insurance?:
Y

Klazam [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3376996#p3376996]#157[/url] wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Secluded Villa
Insurance?:
Y

hitogoroshi [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3377059#p3377059]#166[/url] wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Lost Butterfly
Room to Move to:
Rageatorium
Insurance?:
N

Fate [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3377078#p3377078]#168[/url] wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Fate
Room to Move to:
Panic Room
Insurance?:
N

Nobody Special [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3377205#p3377205]#185[/url] wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Secluded Villa
Insurance?:
Y

REMAINING MOVES IN ORDER OF PRIORITY

Maruchan to Door Control, uninsured
Klazam to Campfire, insured
Klazam to Move Tracker, uninsured
hitogoroshi to Rageatorium, uninsured
Andrius to Rageatorium, uninsured

Lower priority moves have not yet been agreed upon by many people... but I'd be happy if we manage to get even these moves done in time.

My action for the phase:

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Door Control
Insurance?:
N
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Eight pages already, wow. Yet another game that starts in the middle of my night.
MOVE
Player to Move:
(Maruchan)
Room to Move to:
(Door control)
Insurance?:
no

Feysal made the same uber-strategy claim in Wizards, and though an SK there was uber-startegy guy and pro town.

Damn feysal ninja ignore above
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Feysal, what move next?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Maruchan wrote:M'kay so we know iamausername has a special ability he gains by being in a certain room at a certain time.

Better watch out for that guys.

Hey Iam - Maruchan is now confirmed town. He'll do a fine job!
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Llamarble »

LB can submit Klazam to move checker uninsured and BS can do Klazam to Campfire insured.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

CODE: SELECT ALL
MOVE
Player to Move:
Klazam
Room to Move to:
campfire
Insurance?:
insured

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”