Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Beck »

Evil Bullet wrote:
Beck wrote:I'm trying to see how strongly you feel the chance both roles are likely.

If we lynch him, you look extremely bad
so I'm trying to process this claim assuming you are town and scum

SCUM SLIP SCUM SLIP SCUM SLIP THIS GUY KNOWS I'M TOWN

It was a mistype on my phone, clearly I mean if you flip town
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Fixing hydra slip

Beck wrote:
Evil Bullet wrote:
Beck wrote:I'm trying to see how strongly you feel the chance both roles are likely.

If we lynch him, you look extremely bad
so I'm trying to process this claim assuming you are town and scum

SCUM SLIP SCUM SLIP SCUM SLIP THIS GUY KNOWS I'M TOWN

It was a mistype on my phone, clearly I mean when you flip town

ftfy

======================

oops
Last edited by GreyICE on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Beck »

Well I don't know if you will flip town
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by implosion »

My failure to contribute is a mixture of increased meat-world commitment (school) combined with the fact that this game is beginning to depress me. This day is dragging on, and I feel like I don't have enough relatively strong scumreads.

EB is probably town, I honestly cannot think of a role that wouldn't make sense in the same game as an even-night jailkeeper. Rainbowdash is probably town, but they're complicating this game to a point that it really, really shouldn't be complicated to. I'm honestly not even sure if RD is still soft counterclaiming EB.

I still think deselby's slot (Banshee) is scum. Banshee's done nothing that makes me think Banshee is town.

No clue if beck just slipped.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Banshee »

@implosion: Who is your strongest scum read? I am assuming it's still me. So, if you were to successfully lynch me and I flipped town, where would your suspicion land then? You've given two town reads and one scum read, do you have ANYTHING else to contribute?

What do you think is the scummiest thing I've done since replacing into the game? What was the scummiest thing deselby did?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

this lolslip on beck is stupid.
This day is way too long.
did voided ever end up claiming?
FLASH OF GREEN
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by implosion »

Banshee wrote:@implosion: Who is your strongest scum read? I am assuming it's still me. So, if you were to successfully lynch me and I flipped town, where would your suspicion land then?
You've given two town reads and one scum read
, do you have ANYTHING else to contribute?

What do you think is the scummiest thing I've done since replacing into the game? What was the scummiest thing deselby did?

@bolded: not true.
@the rest: yes, you're my strongest scumread right now. I kind of skimmed kind of read your ISO, and looking again, one thing that sticks out is post 1034 and its corresponding mini-argument with Thomith. It feels kind of phony. I've explained why I find deselby scummy. The strangest/scummiest thing he did in my opinion was placing Thomith at L-2 then unvoting when he was at L-1, which I went into depth on earlier.

If you flipped town, I'm not sure where my suspicion would go. I'm having the same problem rainbow was earlier, I don't have enough scumreads. This game will be easier to look at once we have some flips; there have been an exceptionally large number of wagons to investigate.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by implosion »

ellibereth wrote:This day is way too long.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@Beck - Explain why VM is scum.
@hiphop - Explain why Thomith is scum. Lets say I claimed mason with Thomith, who is scum then?
@VM - Finished the hiphop case yet?

I will vote one of the above three in the near future.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Next wagon we have to kill regardless of claim.

Or we can lynch neruz regardless of town read due to VT claim and potential doubt and all.
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

My read on him is WIFOM based, but I do not doubt it. You would have to do that one with me pulling the other way hard.
You don't earn
loyalty
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I have a town read on him.
I wouldn't mind lynching him.
It's sort of read regardless.
Theoretically we've had too many claims today and the day has gone on too long.
I don't remember if Voided had claimed at all though.
But regardless, next wagon has to be blood, no matter what. Cop, doctor, I don't care.
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Lets make a deal.

Vote VM

No he didn't claim. Neruz hammer shennanigans pulled the wagon onto him.
You don't earn
loyalty
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Banshee »

@Implosion: I was referring to your most recent post, not your overall ISO, when I said you had two town reads and one scum read. I still think it's strange that you have just one real suspicion and you don't show any interest in questioning me directly or trying to figure out connections between me and others in the town. Instead, I'm questioning you -- that seems sort of backwards to me.

I would be willing to lynch VoidedMafia, hiphop or Thomith. Of the three, Thomith gains us the least in information. Ironically, I think Neruz gains us most but I don't have a scum read on him at this time so I'm not supporting his lynch.

@Ellibereth: You said you would not be giving any reads until Rainbow claimed. Rainbow is not claiming. Are you going to give reads now, or is that moratorium still in effect?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Beck »

Rainbowdash wrote:@Beck - Explain why VM is scum.
@hiphop - Explain why Thomith is scum. Lets say I claimed mason with Thomith, who is scum then?
@VM - Finished the hiphop case yet?

I will vote one of the above three in the near future.

I did way back, when I get a free moment, I'll find it

Off on date night
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

sure, out of laziness.
What i think of people and confidence levels should be fairly obvious from what I've said though

tbh right now reads are less important than who we're lynching asap
FLASH OF GREEN
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by implosion »

I would be willing to lynch VoidedMafia, hiphop or Thomith. Of the three, Thomith gains us the least in information.

Why? Hasn't he probably had some of the most useful connections in the game so far?
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Banshee »

I said that. ^

Thomith can barely speak without spewing out three or four scumtells. He's had plenty of connections with plenty of people and as I read them they are all pretty much the same as mine, which have ranged from SRSLY? to WTF?

People who are TOO scummy don't give as much information because both town and scum will usually react in the same way to extremely obvious scumtells, overreactions and overdefensiveness. So it's less information for town because pretty much everyone will react the same way.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by implosion »

banshee wrote:Thomith can barely speak without spewing out three or four scumtells. He's had plenty of connections with plenty of people and as I read them they are all pretty much the same as mine, which have ranged from SRSLY? to WTF?

Erm, I've been calling him town the entire game.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Banshee »

Yes, I know. So that's twice you're wrong.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by implosion »

Banshee wrote:Yes, I know. So that's twice you're wrong.

...?

What's your read on me?
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Banshee »

@Implosion:
I think you're likely town. Your posts seem to demonstrate real scumhunting at first; however, I think you've come to a conclusion about what it means when someone votes to make it L-2 and then unvotes at L-1 that really isn't based on anything but sheer conjecture. I can't justify it either, since I've no idea why deselby would do that.

I also think at this point you have one scumread and you're going to fight to keep it since if it goes, you won't have any scumreads at all. So you're already suffering from confirmation bias and I doubt I could change your mind short of death. I suspect that explains why you didn't feel any need to question me about any of the things I did since replacing into the game that simply confirmed your scum read on me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Banshee wrote:@Implosion:
I think you're likely town. Your posts seem to demonstrate real scumhunting at first; however, I think you've come to a conclusion about what it means when someone votes to make it L-2 and then unvotes at L-1 that really isn't based on anything but sheer conjecture. I can't justify it either, since I've no idea why deselby would do that.

I also think at this point you have one scumread and you're going to fight to keep it since if it goes, you won't have any scumreads at all. So you're already suffering from confirmation bias and I doubt I could change your mind short of death. I suspect that explains why you didn't feel any need to question me about any of the things I did since replacing into the game that simply confirmed your scum read on me.

It really isn't confirmation bias per se - it's more everyone starting at 0 at the beginning of the game, and deselby pushing your slot to say, -11, and me not seeing anything from you that makes me think that that number has risen.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Arbitrary rankings are passe.

If we are using them though we should lynch VM based off my arbitrary numbers who is 5 and 3/4 cupcakes in the hole followed by Beck at eleven hooves down. You are at a four. Simply a four.

Basically explain them or don't bother with them.

Game needs action. Remind me why we moved the wagon away from VM again? Oh yes, Neruz quickhammered him. Then we all decided Neruz was town.

So why is the wagon not back? Good question Dashie! Thanks for that [Insert Pony Name here], that is why you are the element of [Insert Element Here] or possibly in the consideration to be one. Lets move it back!
You don't earn
loyalty
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Banshee »

@implosion:

What would it take, precisely, to move up from the -11 that you believe Deselby put the slot to?

I would argue that it really doesn't matter what I do, you're not going to change your mind. Therefore your opinion of me can't really have any bearing on my behaviour. I think if you were interested in verifying or testing your read you'd have asked me some questions, at least to try to figure out who my supposed scumbuddies would be.

Try to figure out some other scumreads, though. Tunneling on one player isn't helping anyone and will leave you stranded when I flip town. However, the way you're doing it it's not scummy; scum would have some back burner options too. It's just not smart.

@Rainbow: I'm already voting VoidedMafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”