Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Magua »

Hai guiz.

Quick notes:

xRECKONERx wrote:NO. DO NOT SPAM THIS SHIT TO THREE PAGES ALREADY, I SWEAR TO GOD

Lulz. Pot, kettle, lulz.

Maruchan in the door room is fine. Limited amount of possible damage, plus he's been acting way townie and obviously trying and stuff.

Fate in the panic room is fine at this point in time, but Fate needs to man up and start posting shit other than "GETMETOTHEPANICROOMOGODIMGOINGTODIE".

Klazam in the move watcher room is very meh. I was doing ok with Klazam -- most of his posts were decent -- until I came to #272. First, there's something here about Regfan being a strong townread, which is then mirrored in Regfan's #237. Then there's the whole "Mod, when's the deadline for votes", which is just odd given Klazam's analysis of the rooms in #6. It doesn't sit well with me. Finally, Klazam's #317, "Where is Magua?" Finally, there's Klazam's stance that the Potion Room should be avoided; more on that below.

VOTE: Klazam

Andrius wrote:What happened to Nicodemus?

I ate him.

Strategy:

Put people who can read eachother into the QT. I honestly don't care if it's LB, Andrius, hitogoroshi, or if it's SDC (though Fate's kind of out of that at the moment) -- get them in there, let them get their reads, and then let the other group in.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the War Room yet. We should be using this.

Finally, the Potion Room. I
heavily
disagree with Klazam about the Potion Room. This should be abused the fuck out of. Fine, we need to watch out for Tipping Point, but we can at the least send people one at a time into and out of the Potion Room, and we should be doing this thing. If we can get 2-3 people in and out of there every Day, then this game is done.

My proposed (haven't sent this in) move is to move Llamarble to the Campfire, and from there to either to the Potion Room or the War Room.

Player to Move:
Llamarble
Room to Move to:
Campfire
Insurance?:
Yes (if someone else will make a non-insured move to get him to the War Room or Tipping Point)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Magua »

Klazam wrote:
What I'm worried about is what type of roles scum may get. Can you please explain to me WHY it should be abused.

20 players. 15-16 town, 4-5 scum. The more people into the Potion Room the better.

Klazam wrote:Why llamamarble? I do not have confidence in the Llama.

I find Llamarble's play to be the towniest so far next to Maruchan's, and Maruchan is not an option. His play has been transparent, his analysis agrees with my own, and he's been pretty motivated, instead of letting things slide or get lost in the cracks. Things like "no scum meddling in the Maruchan moves."

Whereas I don't see the uber-strong-townread on Regfan that do.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Magua »

Klazam wrote:So the fact i think regfan is town is the reason why you're voting for me?

It is one of the reasons. The fact that you think Regfan is really strong town and then Regfan turns around and calls you really strong town and you are pushing for one of you two to go to the Security Room *really* rubs me the wrong way.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Magua »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Magua, what's your read on Nautilus?

What do you think of their town list?

Nautilus I'm ignoring for now. I'm certainly ignoring the town/left list. Reads without reasons I don't have any way of reacting to later. Will look at it D2 or when reads surface.

(Saw the Lost Butterfly joke. Gave it a meh.)

Klazam wrote:To be fair, regfan called me town before i called him town.

This changes nothing.

Klazam wrote:What other reasons for voting me?

My first post. You read it. I know you did, because you responded to it point-by-point.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Magua »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Magua, what do you think of the fact that Tclaw is on the town list, surrounded by a plethora of other "town reads", and then Nautilus' comment asking for the "largest non-town wagon"?

That I hate D1, and I hate obvious gambits, and Nautilus' behavior is qualifying as both. Yes, following Nautilus' posted train-of-thought should lead to an obvious vote, but Nautilus hasn't voted yet, so I'm not putting any credence in it one way or the other.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Magua »

Nautilius wrote:Magua: gambit, lolwut?

You gave a list of all the players you thought nontown and then asked who the leading vote wagon was. Not only was it obviously LLD, but if you really cared you would've known it was LLD. This read as a gambit to me.

You then following it up by voting LLD just makes it all look bad.

Klazam wrote:Magua- one of your reasons for voting me is because i wanted to know where you were? Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. Do you have anything other than continual surprise in reaction to my post, or is that it?

Lost Butterfly wrote:Btw - the people who should be doing the moving this round are the ones who *haven't* played a blue chit yet.

This.

I'm making my move insured. Sending this in:

Player to Move:
Llamarble
Room to Move to:
Campfire
Insurance?:
Yes
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:Oh how much I've wanted to catch Magua-scum in the past and this is finally my chance.

You've had your chance and failed to catch me in Near-Vanilla, where you failed. You don't get a chance here.

Regfan wrote:1. "Klazam in the move watcher room is meh" - This implies that he doesn't wholeheartly agree with it but doesn't strongly oppose it but instead of attempting to move him out and move a stronger town-read in there he actually votes our person commanding the move watcher who is almost near impossible to get lynched.

Translation: "Magua is scum because he voted someone he thinks is scum."

Regfan wrote:2. "Klazams #317" - Asking where is X isn't a scum-tell, not even close to one.

It is when it's done 12 hours into a game.

Regfan wrote:4. "Klazams town-read on me" - Magua can read me almost better than anyone I know and Magua knows when I over strategize and work out complicated plans I'm town, I've done that this game, I've done more than that however he is stating he doesn't have a town-read on me and is attacking Klazams town-read on me.

This is just bullshit and Regfan knows it. He knows I can't read him without other information/flips.

Secondly, go read Regfan in Marketplace Mafia. He doesn't overly strategize as town. One of the reasons he *lost* that game was because of a *lack* of strategizing: there were no complicated plans.

So, yeah. Regfan attacking me is pretty null for him. *This* part of the attack is scummy.

Regfan wrote:7. "Moving Lllarble to Campfire" - This means he hasn't read any of the discussion about Llmarble going to the security room at all but rather *skipped* it.

Are you in such a hurry at this point to vote me that you stopped pretending to think? I *want* Llamarble to go into the security room. But there's no benefit to going until we're ready to lynch, whereas there *is* benefit to sitting in the War Room to gather some purple chits beforehand.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:
If you think he's scum he wouldn't be a "Meh" person to be in the watcher room considering that's one of our strongest assets so either you think he's an awful person for the watcher room and campaign to get him out of there or you don't vote him. Simple really.

Get wagon on him first. Get him moved out second.

Regfan wrote:
So asking questions that are already answered somewhere or another in the game are scum-tells? Half the room is mafia then, fuck we've lost already.

THIS is Regfan-scum. Regfan knows that scumtells != scum, and him pretending otherwise is just bullshit.

Regfan wrote:You *can* read me very well, in marketplace I was quite strategic when the game started but as it continued and we were just against the robber I cut down and stopped. Not knowing the mechanics or even what the robber was exactly made creating complicated plans near impossible.

I *can't* read you without other information. You know it. I know it.

As for mechanics: More bullshit. You had one post early in Marketplace about what you thought optimum town strategy was, and after that you let everything slide. Even the last two days.

Regfan wrote:
It's been mentioned and discussed that this day is going to end four phases in (3 days or so from now), if you think we can seriously get him to the War Room, get him to get a decent amount of purple chits and move him to the Security Room in that period of time you're kidding yourself. Further it's been discussed that Feysal will likely go to the War Room.

Ending a Large game 3-4 days in is the height of stupidity and is a perfect recipe for getting a mislynch and not letting there be enough votes to VCA in later days. End it before day 10, obviously, but ending this Day on Monday is just utter fail.

Regfan wrote:(When you replace into games as town the first thing you do is state reads)

Yeah. WHEN I REPLACE INTO A GAME ON D2 OR LATER.

Regfan wrote:and your attempt to subtly throw suspicion back towards me when presenting this.

I'm not
subtly
throwing suspicion back towards you. I'm
outright
saying that I don't trust you, and I don't trust Klazam, and I *really* don't trust the buddying you two are doing towards eachother.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

Fate wrote:why is the map not updated the deadline for shit was last night

god damn

ISO zorastermod

Although Zoraster updating the OP with the current map is a good idea.
@Mod:
Please do, kthx.
Done -Zor
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Magua »

@Maruchan:
Will do in the future.

Regfan wrote:
This makes no sense at all. People are NOT going to wagon the person on move checker unless you propose reasoning for why he should be moved and who should replace him.

You say people aren't going to wagon the person on move checker so I shouldn't bother voting him...while telling me I should be moving him out of move checker with the other side of your mouth? How does that work in your world?

Regfan wrote:Further sure, Scumtells != scum, but asking the mod when the day ends != a scumtell.

Yes. But when I said I didn't like him saying it, your response is all "OMG MAGUA SAID THIS WAS A SCUMTELL SO EVERYONE MUST BE SCUM TROLOLOLOL".

Regfan wrote:If you believed that ending the day phase in 4 days was stupid and really bad why not mention it at any point?

Because I didn't see anyone saying that the Day should be ended in 3-4 days while reading. Had I noticed this, I would've called it out as a stupid idea.

Regfan wrote:I actually organised quite a lot in early Marketplace, lets just see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. I can keep going if you'd like.

None of those are you organizing shit. You're saying, "Here's what I think of this mechanic," but not actually
organizing
anything.

Regfan wrote:Also your "Reads only when I replace in on D2 or later" is such blatant lying that it's not even funny. There's been fourteen pages of content, lots of room and reasons to get town-reads and scum-reads from but you've only stated reads on Llarmble, Klazam and only just recently myself.

If it's such blatant lying, show me a game where I do a "Here's my reads of everyone" post in D1 *at all*. I mean, you of all people calling me out on this is so not-funny it hurts. All my games are on my wiki, so, y'know, just go through them. Of course, you've read most of them, so you should have
no problem
calling me out on this.

Llamarble wrote:So I guess I should be moved to the war room uninsured?
Sounds good to me.

I'll think about Regfan vs Magua and whether we should be using the potion room some later.

Yes, and yes.

Regfan wrote:Look, Maguas plan on you to war room and then to the security room isn't beneficial at all. The person in the security room doesn't need any chits to operate it at all therefore the purple chits are much more useful and valuable on the person we plan on sending to the potion room or door control in the future.

YOU FUCKING USE CHITS TO MOVE *OTHER* PEOPLE AROUND. WHAT THE HELL, ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING THIS GAME? TOWNREADS GET CHITS, THAT'S HOW WE WIN. JESUS CHRIST.

@Fate:
I swear to God if I see another repeat of Metamafia "I'm not going to bother to check my Night actions even when it puts me into a 1v1 against someone else who flips town" or another repeat of DEFCON "What are these rules that you all keep harping on about?" I will personally drag you out of the panic room and lynch you myself.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan: You've read just about every fucking game I've played here. They're all linked in my wiki. Find me a game. Any game. Go. I don't want to see another fucking post from you that doesn't include either a link (which, haha, good fucking luck) or your complete and utter confirmation that your comment about my "blatant lying" was itself a lie.

Also: Given that you're moving Llamarble to the War Room, a great big FUCK YOU for all the shit you tried to give me over moving him to the Campfire so that that could happen.

Spoiler: PS.
Fuck you

UNVOTE: Klazam
VOTE: Regfan
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Magua »

Here's the thing with Regfan.

He says he can read me, and this is true. But his attacks on me are for BS reasons, and his "meta" on me is totally BS. I don't give a reads on a list of everyone in a Large Theme D1 because 80% of the people are null for me. You can check DEFCON 3.0, Test of Faith, Metamafia, Metropolis: Revisited, Storm of Swords, or Mafia of the Chosen Ones, which are all my non-replace Large Themes this year.

DEFCON 3.0 is also good because it shows Regfan's "Magua can read me so easily" is total BS.

Regfan attacking me is a null tell. Regfan attacking me over bullshit reasons like this is scum.

Maru should be moved to the Potion Room.

Someone who hasn't used any chits *and is online a lot* should be moved to the Door Control moving Maru back. I nominate Reckoner. The more that I think about it, the more that I think the scummiest person should be put in Door Control. Seriously. That's pretty much the only person who we can visibly see spend their chits by the door opening and closing, so 1) I don't want Maru there, and 2) I do want someone I don't trust there. The only reason not to send someone to Door Control is if they're not online enough, and Reckoner certainly doesn't qualify for that.

Hito/LB/Andrius should move to the Villa and engage in their out-of-game alliance.

Reallyl ittle else I see to spend our chits on today other than getting Reckoner to Door Control, Feysal to Security Room, and sending people to/from the Potion Room.

Once we've decided we're done with the Potion Room (maybe only Maruchan, maybe Maruchan + someone), close the door to Tipping Point and then move suspects to the Campfire.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Magua »

Going into the villa needs to wait until someone gets to Door Control, unless you think that one of (Hito/LB/Andrius) should go into Door Control.

Ideally, we'd like one of the people with 4-5 chits at Door Control (with Round 3 coming up the 5th won't be usable by the time they get there). Looking over the moves, I want Plum going in there. She's got 5 chits, and she's already in the Rageatorium.

So a proposal for the moves would be:

Spoiler: Moves
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Plum
Room to Move to:
Secluded Villa
Insurance?:
Yes

Plum needs to move out of the Rageatorium to let Maruchan through, so this move must be insured.

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Plum
Room to Move to:
Door Control
Insurance?:
No

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Maruchan
Room to Move to:
Rageatorium
Insurance?:
No

Moving Andrius, hitogoroshi, Lost Butterfly can happen now, with a 40% chance of failing if Plum or Maruchan moves last, or they can wait until Round 4.

So then Round 4 moves would be: Andrius, hitogoroshi, Lost Butterfly to the Secluded Villa (if they're not there already), Maruchan to Nexus (insured), Campfire (uninsured), Plum opens Electric Chair/Switch door (insured), Feysal moves to Electric Chair (uninsured)

Round 5 moves would b: Plum closes Electric Chair/Switch door, Maruchan to Tipping Point (insured), Potion Room (uninsured), Feysal moves to Security

Round 6 would be Maruchan moves to Tipping Point, Campfire

Round 7 would be Plum closes the Campire/Tipping Point door

Round 8/9: People are moved to the Campfire, we lynch

That's a total of 21 chits, not counting the Secluded Villa people coming out of it.
There is room in Round 4-6 for someone else to move to the Potion Room and back
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Magua »

Now you're just fucking trolling me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Magua »

Llamarble wrote:I still think it is 100% important we have the security room manned going into night. I also think we can do both that AND make Maruchan powerful, and adding a town PR has potentially huge benefits.
Maruchan claiming VT alarms me a little bit because it sounds like a "Send me to the potions room guys" without explicitly making the request. But mreh.

Also I think we should submit both Plum and one of the other ragers to the door just to ensure somebody succeeds in getting there.

I'd prefer that some of the people with 4-5 chits (especially those with 5 chits) make the moves to get Plum to the Door Control, because that 5th chit will be lost anyways: iamausername, tclawren, Sodaspirit

I propose Sodaspirit sends in the insured-Plum-moves-to-Secluded Villa, then iamausername or tclawren, whoever happens to get on, sends in the noninsured-Plum-moves-to-Door-Control. The other can send Maruchan to the Rageatorium.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Magua »

#MOVE
Player to Move:
Magua
Room to move to:
Party Room
Insurance:
N/A
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Magua »

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Magua »

Maruchan wrote:Or if you really want proof that those 4 chits are truly mine, move me out of the Party room 4 times, and I will self-move myself back four times.

Since only you can move yourself to the party room, this would prove I have four chits as of this second. and that I had 5 chits when I confirm voted.

Doing this would keep you effectively keep you from getting to the Potion Room. Bad plan. Ignore Baby Spice. Good plan.

Baby Spice wrote:OK, should I jump to the party or move Feysal to security?

Jump to the party first so that Maruchan can get through the Nexus.

Also, kindly vote someone
Regfan
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:
#MOVE
Player to Move:
Plum
Room to Move to:
GLAD HATTER MANSION
Villa
Insurance?:
N
Chit(s)?
1 Green

Sending this in.

This is fail. LB and hitogoroshi are already in the Villa; you and Plum are trying to move eachother in. Only one will work unless one of LB or hitogoroshi is insured-moved to Door Control.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Magua »

Fate wrote:Do we get more chits ever?

Spoiler: My head when...

Lost Butterfly wrote:VOTE ANDRIUS

UNVOTE: Regfan
VOTE: Andrius
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Magua »

Oh. Is this some signal you prefer Andrius over Plum into the villa? I thought you had some super sekret Andrius skumtell.

UNVOTE: Andrius
VOTE: Regfan

Someone would need to send an insured Andrius move in then to beat Plum. Or -- better plan -- Plum can move herself to the Party, then her move to the villa would be invalid.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Magua »

Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Plum

This is a bad vote. That was not a scumwall. Please rectify.

SodaSpirit17 wrote:Holy hell what's with the random Andrius wagon.

No wagon.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Magua »

Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Magua

That's better.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Magua »

Please send in a move for yourself to the Party, Plum. Also, get Gammagooey to give you a hat. All the cool kids
and Regfan
have one.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Magua »

VOTE: Nautilus
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:fos: magua

unexplained votes are Scummy

Mai bad. Forgot to include my Faraday-approved one-liner comment.

Here, I'll do it again.

Ahem.

He's scummy.

There, is that better?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
Magua wrote:

There, is that better?

Worse, actually.

Damn. You make it look so easy.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:(p.s. if I was scum here I'd ask for your reasoning and try and change your mind but I don't care)

Stop copying me, damn it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Magua »

SodaSpirit17 wrote:lol nice. so you're just gonna let that slip away and not care about it?

I want to kill username but you guys are making it difficult.

Killing username is a good plan.

Killing Regfan is the
best
plan.

Killing Nautilus is probably a good plan.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Magua »

SodaSpirit17 wrote:So Magua do you think lb is town or scum. Pick one. No null.

LB is town.
Plum is town.
Llamarble is town.
Feysal is town.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:You're not very good at arguing semantics. Does it not concern you I'm engaging you in a debate that's quite clearly nonsense and has no real game effect but to distract you from the thread? Also if you think I'm scum before I said that why are you even using that as evidence, presumably I'd just lie. Notice how completely retarded this back and forth is for you? Useful for me though. u jelly

Spoiler: ...
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Magua »

#MOVE
Player to Move
: Feysal
Room to Move to
: Security Room
Insurance?
: Yes
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Magua »

Respond to this

Move yourself to the Party Room
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Magua »

Maruchan wrote:legit dayvig or elaborate gambit?

Faraday once came --><-- to modkilling someone for faking a dayvig, so it's pretty legit.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Magua »

Zoraster hates Lost Butterfly's
freedom
gambit.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Magua »

Confirm vote: Nautilus
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Someone who's not Fate and is actually following the strategy of this game, please say if we should switch on/off any doors before this round's deadline, because I have no time to think about this game until Wednesday or Thursday.

Close the door to the Security ROom (lock Feysal in).

We want the door between Campfire and Tipping Point closed before we start moving people to Campfire.

Klazam putting himself in a 1v1 vs IAAUN is awesome and I approve of this service.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Magua »

iamausername wrote:You've got me all wrong, guys. I took LLD out of the party for her own good, she was getting totally wasted, I was worried about her. :(

Cancel moving Maruchan to potions -- we should move IAAUN to the Electric Chair and flip the switch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Magua »

Klazam wrote:This doesn't give us enough time to lynch someone else before round 10.

And lol at iaaun's post. How does it feel, being caught red-handed?

We'll have ~4 days to come up with another lynch, and I think having a second lynch and a second lynch wagon will be much more useful.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Magua »

Klazam wrote:Organizing a lynch om d1 is difficult. I think we should save the chair for later in the game

Er. Since this is only 5 days into D1, seems like it's not *that* difficult...

Nobody Special wrote:Just for shits and giggles, Magua, who do you suggest we lynch if IAM fries?

Assuming he flips scum, Nautilus.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Magua »

Mr Subliminal wrote:
@Mod:
I am voting Nautilus, not IAAUN.

Me.
- Fixed
Last edited by zoraster on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Magua »

SodaSpirit17 wrote:anyways. Magua why do you wanna use the electric chair today?

Because we had self admitted scum. We electrocute him, then we can turn around and have another lynch wagon with more information to use going into N1 and then D2. There's no better usage of the Electric Chair than to kill confirmed scum, and we have (had) 4 days until D9.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Magua »

PEdit: So I was writing this up, and then upon preview saw Llamarble's claim. Stuff that's struck out has been modified in response to the claim.

We have confirmed two anti-town factions in the Feysal and Klazam kills, and perhaps a third with Fate's kidnapping.

Fate, do you have any details of how we're supposed to be able to let you out?

Town
----
Maruchan - Maruchan is like Shadow1psc from ASoS. Totally town.

Plum - Plum is town. Llamarble continues to be wrong about her. Her walls read as genuine and she had an early vote on iamausername.

Regfan - This one hurts me in the black pit where my heart used to be, but I'm pretty certain that Regfan is town now.

Nobody Special - I don't like Nobody Special in general (still sad over Metamafia), so I have an inclination to want him to be scum. That said, Nobody Special's sticking with the iamausername wagon, and *especially* his unvote with the warning that iamausername could self lynch in the Rageatorium (which then came to happen) make me think he's town.

SodaSpirit17 - This one's kind of weak. Originally I didn't like Reckoner replacing out of this because of real-life time issues just as he begins to mod a game. On the other hand, Soda voted iamausername early, stayed on through thick and thin, so...yeah.

Null
----
Baby Spice - Absolute null.

Zajnet - Even more absolutely null than Baby Spice.

tclawren - See Amrun.

Llamarble - Very strong townread D1, but upon rereading, a lot of it doesn't fit in so well given the iamausername lynch, especially his jump from the iamausername wagon to try to start one on Plum.
Nevermind he's scum.

Andrius, Lost Butterfly, hitogoroshi - I'm hoping that they can expound in some insight on eachother, because PoE is telling me that unless Baby Spice and Zajnet are both scum, at least one of them has to be. Andrius would be my first guess.

Scum
----
Nautilus - Didn't like them D1, and I don't like them now. I see a lot of words but nothing of value. Had a vote on iamausername but then jumped off onto the Plum wagon, trying to divert the wagon.

Amrun - A whole big ball of nothing. Repeated "I need to catch up on this thread", followed by no catching up on this thread, but posts that indicate that Amrun is reading the thread. Further, Amrun's interactions with tclawren ring wrong to me -- I'm not sure if it's distancing, or if it's scum on town, but I'm certain it's not town on town. Of the two, I am much more certain about Amrun than about tclawren.

Lady Lambdadelta - It's hard to put my finger on this one. There's content, there's fluff posting, but it's the small things. The lack of content after the party started. The small push against the iamausername wagon.

Fate - Total self preservation + lack of going off on anyone does not read as Fate-town. On the other hand, if he's been kidnapped and is going to die anyway, this one may be out of our hands. So yeah.

Moves:

Maruchan should be potioned.

Regfan should be moved to Move Checker.

Llamarble
Nobody Special should be moved to Security Room.

UNVOTE: Nautilus
VOTE: Llamarble

Seems dumb for scum to go into a 1v1 with one of their numbers down, but I'm not going to complain overly much. Llamarble is utterly scum and so yeah. Electric Chair me and then lynch Llamarble and I'll be happy.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Magua who did you kill, Klazam or Feysal?

I tracked Regfan.

Amrun wrote:I lean town on Fate, but it's not a strong read. Most of the reason is I don't see scum kidnapping themselves, but that role interaction is not set in stone. In order to further my read on him, I would like him un-kidnapped and am willing to help in that regard. My only real concern with Fate is that he is not scumhunting ... AT ALL. But that's not typical of his town OR scum games.

You should read Resurgence Mafia -- Fate (as mafia) had the mafia publicly roleblock him D1 for exactly this sort of reaction.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:NO I ASKED WHO YOUR FACTION KILLED YOU CHEEKY BASTARD.

OH. I MISUNDERSTOOD.

LET ME PM ZORASTER.

*waits*

HE SAYS HE CAN'T TELL ME IF TOWN KILLED ANYONE.

(Did you see what I did thar? I took your insinuation that I'm mafia and I turned it aro...ah, nevermind.)

Lost Butterfly wrote:Magua: You don't need to make Amrun look worse/better if she's town/scum as she'll be dying before endgame. Just a waste of effort all round.

If she's town, she's capable of playing a better game, and I want her to. I'll get electric chaired, Llamarble will get lynched, but with two antitown killing factions I don't want another fucking ASoS going on.

Amrun wrote:Also, claim tracker and don't even claim freaking results. STOP WIFOMING, SCUM.

Regfan's town. Did you miss my post?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Magua »

Amrun wrote:And you know Regfan is town because ... you tracked Regfan? That doesn't make sense. Regfan didn't go anywhere =/= Regfan is town.

That's nice. He's still town. Don't really care if you believe me now, but after I'm zapped, you should.

Things to do:

1) Move Maruchan to Potions
2) Move Regfan to Move Checker
3) Move Nobody Special to Security Room
4) Move me to Electric Chair
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Amrun why the fuck are you responding to Magua in a logical manner instead of a) ignoring b) interacting in a vaguely amusing manner like myself.

Spoiler: Dear LB
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Btw -- obviously if there's an actual tracker don't counterclaim.

What the fuck planet are you living on? I'm getting zapped.

Zajnet wrote:That's account number... 4?

Anyways...

I don't like all the wine that Magua is pouring, but I guess we should just ignore it entirely. I'll do whatever moves people tell me to.

Could you be more useless?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (isolation #48) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Magua »

Submitting this.

#MOVE
Player:
Maruchan
To:
Tipping Point
Insured:
Yes

Things to do:

1) Move Maruchan to Potions
2) Move Regfan to Move Checker
3) Move Nobody Special to Security Room
4) Move me to Electric Chair
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Magua »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:@Faraday: Obviously, scum have a player who can move through doors as a passive ability.

Ya, got that. We're hoping it's MAGUA.

It's not going to be Llamarble because there's no way a mafia with that power would 1v1. So, yeah, no. There's no way that any door-ignoring-killer is dying today.

Meta'ing zoraster, it makes more sense as an SK power.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Magua »

tclawren wrote:
Everyone one room from the rageatorium needs to unvote Magua now.

I really shouldn't have to explain this right?

tclawren's town.
Amrun's scum.

Fate may have kidnapped himself, but I doubt that Fate performed either of the kills last Night -- I don't think someone would be allowed to both move off the map and perform a kill.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Magua »

Throw the switch. Should be obvious that I didn't interfere with the movement at all. Whatever Llamarble's getting out of this better be good.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Magua »

Maruchan wrote:If yo uhad sent me to TIpping point, there would have been a very good chance the mafia plan wouldnt have worked.

Er?

The mafia plan required 4 people in Tipping Point. Doesn't matter who. I'm not sure why you're in Campfire instead of the Nexus, if they used a no-move on you or what, but you being in the Tipping Point would'n't've changed jackshit.

Maruchan wrote:you try convincing me that the odds of me NOT being in tipping point are greater than the odds you never submitted that move.

You believe what you want. I'm going to flip town very shortly and really don't need to convince y'all of anything. I'm just waiting to talk to Llamarble in the Dead QT at this point to find out what the upshot to his plan was.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Magua »

There ain't no trollin' like a Dead QT trollin'.

Mafia need additional chits, and/or a way to reliably (not subject to "random.org determines if your move works or is entirely useless" stuff) interfere with town moves.

Mafia roles were well suited to the mechanic -- tunnel-digger, door-closer, door-ignorer. I liked those and thought they fit into the setup very nicely.

I think a lot of the rooms got under-utilized simply because it was such a PITA for town, even without mafia interference, to get people there.

Regfan calling me scum after my first post is such out-and-out bullshit. =P
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Magua »

Dead QT

I have no problems with the Mafia QT being released.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2326 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Magua »

Maruchan wrote:This made me glad I replaced out.

Yeah, replacing out while you're still around the site. Well done, there.

Regfan wrote:It already has, it's in the roles. Quick delete your posts in there so Fate can't read them!

loldrama
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 2328, Maruchan wrote:I can't log in to the site for five minutes or so every day to check on the results of games I cared about? Sometimes you can have time to visit, but not time to participate. Sorry that real life jumped up in my face when I wasn't expecting it.

And ujus buthurt my replacement caught your last scum.

Replacing out because real life has come up is one thing.

Replacing out and then congratulating yourself on replacing out because your replacement was so much better than you is entirely another.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Magua »

Llamarble wrote:By the way, I claimed immediately D2 because I thought I could get something cool from the potion room (maybe even a reload of my cop ability).
I also was not at all interested in Magua's getting to use any power N2 or chits D3.

I thought if there was an objectively weak play, it was this, and it was the reason I didn't fight getting fried very much. Me living would not have been you getting a confirmed innocent on someone.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2347 (isolation #58) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Magua »

EBWOP: through "worth" in there somewhere.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”