Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Hey Tclawren, can you quickly link me to some past town games where you've not voted your top suspect/displayed a similar stance.

Thanks.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1

Amrun ( 1 ) tclawren,
(L - 10 )

Andrius ( 1 ) Llamarble,
(L - 10 )

Baby Spice ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Fate ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Feysal ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

iamausername ( 1 ) hitogoroshi,
(L - 10 )

Klazam ( 1 ) Magua,
(L - 10 )

Lady Lambdadelta ( 2 ) Lost Butterfly, Nautilius,
(L - 9 )

Llamarble ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Lost Butterfly ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Maruchan ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Nautilius ( 1 ) Andrius,
(L - 10 )

Magua ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Nobody Special ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

plum ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

Regfan ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

tclawren ( 4 ) Lady Lambdadelta, Regfan, Amrun, Klazam,
(L - 7 )

xReckonerx ( 1 ) Plum,
(L - 10 )

Zajnet ( 0 )
(L - 11 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 8 ) Baby Spice, Fate, Feysal, Maruchan, Nobody Special, XReckonerX Zajnet, iamausername,
Total Votes ( 20 )
Needed to Lynch [ 11 ]

Deadline: Round 14
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Klazam »

Magua- one of your reasons for voting me is because i wanted to know where you were? Seriously?

Nati- WHY?

Tclaw- I do think Maru is townish, but I dont see that in post 188. Asking mod questions do not clear a player as town at all. Your calling of it as pure gold is odd.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Maruchan wrote:If there is a chance they DO exist, I am sure iamausername has one

this is totally townish in 188 but idk if that's what tclawren is talkin' bout
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Klazam »

LB- Please dont answer questions directed to others. I want Tc to answer that, and not rely on advice like you just gave him.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Llamarble »

There are some pretty awesome things we could do with doors.
If we have masons, it might almost be worth claiming them just to have them make a party and lock the doors.
Then we could autolynch any non-confirmed (or near to it) town going to the party room.
And all our conftowns would be bulletproof wheehahaha
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Llamarble wrote:There are some pretty awesome things we could do with doors.
If we have masons, it might almost be worth claiming them just to have them make a party and lock the doors.
Then we could autolynch any non-confirmed (or near to it) town going to the party room.
And all our conftowns would be bulletproof wheehahaha

Again, this is WRONG for the same reason as what Klazam and Maruchan suggested.

How many times to I have to repeat myself about these game breaking door plans, before you people get it through your think skulls?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 am

EBWOP: Thick

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah, I'll buy that that could be seriously wrong and a bad idea.
'twas just brainstorming.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:32 am

Llamarble wrote:Yeah, I'll buy that that could be seriously wrong and a bad idea.
'twas just brainstorming.

A bad idea? Hmmm, no. It's actually a good plan if it weren't for something I know about this game that totally shatters it.

Seriously wrong? Oh yeah.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Btw - the people who should be doing the moving this round are the ones who *haven't* played a blue chit yet.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Someone tell me what to spend my blue chits on and I'll do it.
green shirt thursdays
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Magua »

Nautilius wrote:Magua: gambit, lolwut?

You gave a list of all the players you thought nontown and then asked who the leading vote wagon was. Not only was it obviously LLD, but if you really cared you would've known it was LLD. This read as a gambit to me.

You then following it up by voting LLD just makes it all look bad.

Klazam wrote:Magua- one of your reasons for voting me is because i wanted to know where you were? Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. Do you have anything other than continual surprise in reaction to my post, or is that it?

Lost Butterfly wrote:Btw - the people who should be doing the moving this round are the ones who *haven't* played a blue chit yet.

This.

I'm making my move insured. Sending this in:

Player to Move:
Llamarble
Room to Move to:
Campfire
Insurance?:
Yes
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Nautilius »

It wasn't "obvious" lady.
Her, andrius, and iam were all tied.

We obv have different idea of what a gambit means
whatever
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Okay guys what moves do we need to make for the day? Tclawren ensures and insures maruchan stays where he is and I saw a few more. Is anyone else wanting to go anywhere?

I don't think we want to go to the villa today, Mina's working and we want to stay in the game thread for one more round or two anyway before moving in with Andy and Hito all together. (if hito still wants to come)
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Regfan »

Oh how much I've wanted to catch Magua-scum in the past and this is finally my chance. Tcl-Scum gets to live another day it seems courtesty of his teammate

1. "Klazam in the move watcher room is meh" - This implies that he doesn't wholeheartly agree with it but doesn't strongly oppose it but instead of attempting to move him out and move a stronger town-read in there he actually votes our person commanding the move watcher who is almost near impossible to get lynched.

2. "Klazams #317" - Asking where is X isn't a scum-tell, not even close to one.

3. "Klazams #6" - Asking the mod when the deadline isn't a scum-tell either, I'm actually shocked that Magua attempted to bring that up as one.

4. "Klazams town-read on me" - Magua can read me almost better than anyone I know and Magua knows when I over strategize and work out complicated plans I'm town, I've done that this game, I've done more than that however he is stating he doesn't have a town-read on me and is attacking Klazams town-read on me.

5. "Klazam and Reg want to send each other to the security room" - I never asked for Klazam to go to the security room, I want Llarmable or Feysal there and when Klazam suggested I go I stated that I wasn't a good choice. He is just blowing smoke out of your ass on this point.

6. "Disagree with Klazams stance on Potion Room" - Disagreeing with someones stance on optimal strategy on how to use a certain room doesn't make then mafia, not at all and not when their belieif and paranoia is warrarnted.

7. "Moving Lllarble to Campfire" - This means he hasn't read any of the discussion about Llmarble going to the security room at all but rather *skipped* it.

Unvote, Vote: Magua
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Llamarble »

I could buy Maguascum, though he's trying to buy me with pretty weapons with which to chop off peoples' manhoods and feed them to goats.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Fate »

why is the map not updated the deadline for shit was last night

god damn
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:Oh how much I've wanted to catch Magua-scum in the past and this is finally my chance.

You've had your chance and failed to catch me in Near-Vanilla, where you failed. You don't get a chance here.

Regfan wrote:1. "Klazam in the move watcher room is meh" - This implies that he doesn't wholeheartly agree with it but doesn't strongly oppose it but instead of attempting to move him out and move a stronger town-read in there he actually votes our person commanding the move watcher who is almost near impossible to get lynched.

Translation: "Magua is scum because he voted someone he thinks is scum."

Regfan wrote:2. "Klazams #317" - Asking where is X isn't a scum-tell, not even close to one.

It is when it's done 12 hours into a game.

Regfan wrote:4. "Klazams town-read on me" - Magua can read me almost better than anyone I know and Magua knows when I over strategize and work out complicated plans I'm town, I've done that this game, I've done more than that however he is stating he doesn't have a town-read on me and is attacking Klazams town-read on me.

This is just bullshit and Regfan knows it. He knows I can't read him without other information/flips.

Secondly, go read Regfan in Marketplace Mafia. He doesn't overly strategize as town. One of the reasons he *lost* that game was because of a *lack* of strategizing: there were no complicated plans.

So, yeah. Regfan attacking me is pretty null for him. *This* part of the attack is scummy.

Regfan wrote:7. "Moving Lllarble to Campfire" - This means he hasn't read any of the discussion about Llmarble going to the security room at all but rather *skipped* it.

Are you in such a hurry at this point to vote me that you stopped pretending to think? I *want* Llamarble to go into the security room. But there's no benefit to going until we're ready to lynch, whereas there *is* benefit to sitting in the War Room to gather some purple chits beforehand.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Regfan »

Magua wrote:Translation: "Magua is scum because he voted someone he thinks is scum."

If you think he's scum he wouldn't be a "Meh" person to be in the watcher room considering that's one of our strongest assets so either you think he's an awful person for the watcher room and campaign to get him out of there or you don't vote him. Simple really.

Magua wrote:It is when it's done 12 hours into a game.

So asking questions that are already answered somewhere or another in the game are scum-tells? Half the room is mafia then, fuck we've lost already.

Magua wrote:This is just bullshit and Regfan knows it. He knows I can't read him without other information/flips. Secondly, go read Regfan in Marketplace Mafia. He doesn't overly strategize as town. One of the reasons he *lost* that game was because of a *lack* of strategizing: there were no complicated plans.

You *can* read me very well, in marketplace I was quite strategic when the game started but as it continued and we were just against the robber I cut down and stopped. Not knowing the mechanics or even what the robber was exactly made creating complicated plans near impossible.

Magua wrote:Are you in such a hurry at this point to vote me that you stopped pretending to think? I *want* Llamarble to go into the security room. But there's no benefit to going until we're ready to lynch, whereas there *is* benefit to sitting in the War Room to gather some purple chits beforehand.

It's been mentioned and discussed that this day is going to end four phases in (3 days or so from now), if you think we can seriously get him to the War Room, get him to get a decent amount of purple chits and move him to the Security Room in that period of time you're kidding yourself. Further it's been discussed that Feysal will likely go to the War Room.

What makes you mafia is your terribad attack on Klazam based on reasoning that is far below your skill level, your complete lack of alternate reads (When you replace into games as town the first thing you do is state reads) and your attempt to subtly throw suspicion back towards me when presenting this.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:
If you think he's scum he wouldn't be a "Meh" person to be in the watcher room considering that's one of our strongest assets so either you think he's an awful person for the watcher room and campaign to get him out of there or you don't vote him. Simple really.

Get wagon on him first. Get him moved out second.

Regfan wrote:
So asking questions that are already answered somewhere or another in the game are scum-tells? Half the room is mafia then, fuck we've lost already.

THIS is Regfan-scum. Regfan knows that scumtells != scum, and him pretending otherwise is just bullshit.

Regfan wrote:You *can* read me very well, in marketplace I was quite strategic when the game started but as it continued and we were just against the robber I cut down and stopped. Not knowing the mechanics or even what the robber was exactly made creating complicated plans near impossible.

I *can't* read you without other information. You know it. I know it.

As for mechanics: More bullshit. You had one post early in Marketplace about what you thought optimum town strategy was, and after that you let everything slide. Even the last two days.

Regfan wrote:
It's been mentioned and discussed that this day is going to end four phases in (3 days or so from now), if you think we can seriously get him to the War Room, get him to get a decent amount of purple chits and move him to the Security Room in that period of time you're kidding yourself. Further it's been discussed that Feysal will likely go to the War Room.

Ending a Large game 3-4 days in is the height of stupidity and is a perfect recipe for getting a mislynch and not letting there be enough votes to VCA in later days. End it before day 10, obviously, but ending this Day on Monday is just utter fail.

Regfan wrote:(When you replace into games as town the first thing you do is state reads)

Yeah. WHEN I REPLACE INTO A GAME ON D2 OR LATER.

Regfan wrote:and your attempt to subtly throw suspicion back towards me when presenting this.

I'm not
subtly
throwing suspicion back towards you. I'm
outright
saying that I don't trust you, and I don't trust Klazam, and I *really* don't trust the buddying you two are doing towards eachother.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Magua »

Fate wrote:why is the map not updated the deadline for shit was last night

god damn

ISO zorastermod

Although Zoraster updating the OP with the current map is a good idea.
@Mod:
Please do, kthx.
Done -Zor
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Maruchan »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Also; I called Maruchan conftown for #192.

I like that he hasn't said a word about it since I called that out. I find it interesting.

Klazam wrote:IMPORTANT POINT IN THIS GAME:

Sound, protown strategy DOES NOT mean the player is protown. Look for townies based on tone, scumhunting, and actions.

This. Strategy is nice and all, but it is not a part of the scumhunting. We're playing 2 games here: Strategy Board Where-Should-Everyone-Be, and Mafia. They don't criss-cross (much)

Llamarble wrote:It wouldn't be obvious at all. Any random scumbag could've submitted an insured Maru->campfire and had a 50/50 chance at negating 7 chips of investment.
I wouldn't even have missing chips.
Frankly I was a little surprised it didn't happen, but I figured scum would be a little disorganized and do what we told them D1 out of fear of getting confirmed as scum somehow and am glad I was right.

Ah you see, I don't think they would have done that. With how closely we are keeping track of chits, they would've been found out eventually. And yes, it would have thrown a cog in the town's playbook, but what do the scum really gain by me NOT being at the door?

@Nautilus Post #358 - Your scum&town reads, are they in any particular order?

Llamarble wrote:I find Llamarble's play to be the towniest so far next to Maruchan's, and Maruchan is not an option. His play has been transparent, his analysis agrees with my own, and he's been pretty motivated, instead of letting things slide or get lost in the cracks. Things like "no scum meddling in the Maruchan moves."

This is actually the FIRST game I have anywhere near as strong of a town read for everyone as I do, so early. Literally. This like never happens to me.

xRECKONERx wrote:This was just about at the upper limit of what I'm willing to reread after ONE NIGHT OF SLEEP. *sigh*

It's dying down. I only woke up to a total of 60 new posts. Thats not TOO extremely bad.

tclawren wrote:Asking the mod a lolquestion is usually a townie thing, plus he's looking at the situation purely from a scumhunting stance. Seriously, this combined with VezoVTClaim© I don't know how you can possibly not think he's town.

What is the "Vezo" mean in the VezoVTClaim? I'm not familiar with the term.

tclawren wrote:Planning on sending this non-move for Maruchan:

Player to Move: Maruchan
Room to Move to: Door Control
Insurance?: Yes

Is it better to send an Insured No-Move? or an Insured Move to Door control, and an Uninsured No-Move? or just an insured Move to Door Control, and an uninsured? (the easiest way to get around an insured move to the door control, as an un-insured way out of it.)

We won't need to keep me with these here long, as soon as we get the SV filled, I'll be trapped in unless one of them is kicked out, in order to bring me in. In which case we can start just popping an Uninsured Maruchan 2 Door Control every night.

tclawren wrote:LB- Please dont answer questions directed to others. I want Tc to answer that, and not rely on advice like you just gave him.

This. If anyone is ever asked a direct question, try not to answer it. I like seeing what people I am asking can come up with without help. Its usually harder for scum to come up with legit answers to questions than it is for town.

LLD wrote:A bad idea? Hmmm, no. It's actually a good plan if it weren't for something I know about this game that totally shatters it.

Is this something you figured out by examination, or something you found out by private communications with mod?

@Magua, Post #387, if you could use the
#Moveformat it would make it a little easier to just ctrl+F it.

#DoorVote
Party-Rage: (0)
Rage-Electric: (0)
Electric-Security: (0)
Panic-Monastery: (0)
Party-Monastery: (0)
Monastery-Nexus: (0)
Rage-Nexus: (0)
Nexus-Switch: (0)
Electric-Switch: (3) Llamarble, Klazam, Regfan
MoveChecker-Monastery: (0)
MoveChecker-Campfire: (0)
Campfire-Nexus: (0)
Capfire-WarRoom: (0)
WarRoom-Switch: (0)
Tipping-Campfire: (2) Klazam, Llamarble
Potion-Tipping: (0)

You may vote for as many doors as you wish. You must UNVOTE to unvote for any door. I would PREFER if votes and

unvotes are
UNDERLINED
. I will try to see every vote however.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

wow I failed with that box. XD
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Regfan »

Magua wrote:Get wagon on him first. Get him moved out second.

This makes no sense at all. People are NOT going to wagon the person on move checker unless you propose reasoning for why he should be moved and who should replace him. Further sure, Scumtells != scum, but asking the mod when the day ends != a scumtell. If you believed that ending the day phase in 4 days was stupid and really bad why not mention it at any point?

Magua wrote:I *can't* read you without other information. You know it. I know it. As for mechanics: More bullshit. You had one post early in Marketplace about what you thought optimum town strategy was, and after that you let everything slide. Even the last two days.

You can read me really well. The continued denying of it is actually hilarious, I'll get the links in a minute but I don't believe you've ever read me incorrectly. I actually organised quite a lot in early Marketplace, lets just see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. I can keep going if you'd like. Also your "Reads only when I replace in on D2 or later" is such blatant lying that it's not even funny. There's been fourteen pages of content, lots of room and reasons to get town-reads and scum-reads from but you've only stated reads on Llarmble, Klazam and only just recently myself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”