Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Also limited sample size and all but maruchan is completely town beyond any doubt really.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Amrun »

Ohhhh btw.

I think Maruchan is town now.

It kind of irks me, but yeah.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Well I wasn't going to say he was confirmed town if he was scum, was I?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Klazam »

I dont think i should claim anything as of now. Later i will. Let me sow a bit of doubt in scum. :D
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Amrun »

That post was totally irrelevant to my read of maruchan except that it reminded me he existed and was town.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Too early for many solid reads, especially as strategic discussions domnate but ...

Scummy:
Regfan. Voting a scum read is not a bad thing ever. Faking a scum read is but that is not what Reg called Mag for doing.
Maruchan. All that self meta referencing sounds like someone trying to fake their town meta as much as anything.
Magua. Voting a scum read is onething, but not also pushing for that person's removal from a sensitive room ...
Hito. Well more that Hito isn't the shining towniness that he was in SAIII.

Town:
Feysal
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Klazam »

B-. Why would you think Maru is scum if he got booted from the door control? I think it confirms him as town.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

this post contains 0% strategems

LLD is pretty town, I don't exactly know what LB is going on about? we're not lynching her today anyway. move yo shit

Feysal is number 1 townread A+, not even for his list of reads just now but for calling out that he messed with my plans as scum in SAIII. what scumbag ever says "HEY HITO, DON'T FORGET THAT I LIKE TO FUCK WITH YOUR PLANS WHEN I'M SCUM." we already have Feysal en route to security, right? Let's keep doing that.

NobodySpecial and Andrius are both probably town for meta reasons. I want to say Reck too but I don't really have reasons, just feeling it.

iamausername is still scum

Iamausername wrote:

VOTE: Nobody Special

Seriously, try to justify this post, I dare you,,

absolutely nothing about "why would scum-ns to be motivated to post something like this?" and everything about "wow I bet he can't justify that! yay!" = lurkerscum looking for something indefensible instead of looking for scum
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Feysal »

Okay, I see someone moved Maruchan into the Secluded Villa without claiming it. That means it was probably done by scum.

Now it is time I revealed why I did not want non-moves to be used. The problem with them is that they are inherently impossible to confirm as having taken place, except by Move Checker. Suppose a scum player says he used a non-move on someone, but does nothing and keeps the chit? The town would never know since there is no visible effect. This is by far not the only way scum can pretend to have used chits so they can mess with town later, and I want to nip this in the bud. I want chit expenditure to be confirmable, otherwise we're wasting our time trying to keep track.

The other reason I did not want Maruchan to be locked into place with a non-move was because I was
hoping
for mafia to mess with us. It is only round two, which means that someone spent a chit. This was not done with factional mafia moves. That is why I'm thrilled by this, since we now have the capability of catching whoever moved Maruchan and lynching confirmed scum today.

I propose the following:
for the next few rounds we will be using all of our chits on confirmable moves. That means uninsured moves on other people, using one chit at a time. That way there is no chance of the mafia keeping any extra chits. Whoever moved Maruchan is one chit short, so that someone will not be able to complete all moves assigned to them. When that happens, we will have a confirmed scum to lynch.

Comments? Objections?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

zorastermod wrote:
Day 1, Round 2[img]http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... l/D1R2.png[/img]
Moves:

LLamarble to Campfire
Llamarble to War Room
Maruchan to Villa
Feysal to Switch
Plum to Rage

BLUE
GREEN
RED
, AND
PURPLE
CHITS ACCEPTED.

Next Round's Move Due:
20:00 EDT
Remember to title your message "Round X Move" where X is the current Round

Note: Do NOT PM this account. PM Zoraster for all game comments

Maruchan is in the Secluded Villa and may not communicate with the outside world at all except through a vote, unvote or confirm vote.

Note: Last Round Blue Chits will be accepted!

Nautilius (Nachomamma8 + Ellibereth)
Everything we've heard so far is from Elli I take it? Now I get why El Goosuki was so hated and got mislynched in Stars Aligned III. I don't like this slot one bit, but it could easily be town anyway. I hope when Nacho catches up it becomes more readable

Beep.
I barely posted that game. And katsu didn't post that game. And DGB was busy too. But that's another story.
FLASH OF GREEN
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Nautilius »

How the hell did that get there. >.>
I'll take it out

Nautilius (Nachomamma8 + Ellibereth)
Everything we've heard so far is from Elli I take it? Now I get why El Goosuki was so hated and got mislynched in Stars Aligned III. I don't like this slot one bit, but it could easily be town anyway. I hope when Nacho catches up it becomes more readable

Beep.
I barely posted that game. And katsu didn't post that game. And DGB was busy too. But that's another story.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Unvote, vote iam
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

this post contains 100% strategems

Being forced out of Door Control doesn't actually speak to Maru's alignment one way or the other - scum-Maru would rather his buddies move him out than he have to justify why he's not doing xyz with the doors. Still, it *does* reinforce my thoughts that we're absolutely on the right track putting Feysal in security.

I think probably our turnflow should go something like this:

R3: Get Maru back on Door Control, and...am I correct in thinking that insured move to DC + noninsured no-move on Maru + Maru opening the door to security will work?

R4: Get Feysal in security, get Andrius/LB/myself in the Villa.

R5: Choose 5 for the campfire, and move them, everyone else insures no-moves

R6: Lynch before round resolution

That sound about right?

P.EDIT: Regarding Feysals plan: And when your sent-in move fails next round, how do you prove it wasn't a mafia no-move?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Regfan »

Feysal wrote:I don't agree with everything he has said, for example the comment about replacements having to post their reads was weak when aimed at Magua, considering he replaced in during pregame.

It's not that he 'replaced in' but that he 'caught up' and provided next to zilch reads, sure it was just one day but Magua isn't a player that avoids stating or looking for reads as town nor is he shy about stating his thoughts. The chit spending plan won't work because mafia would have just used a blue chit of theirs which is unable to be tested from next round onwards and we have a lot of people V/LA throughout this round + insane amount of organisation that could backfire from it.

Baby Spice wrote:Regfan. Voting a scum read is not a bad thing ever. Faking a scum read is but that is not what Reg called Mag for doing.

I'm not saying voting a scum-read is bad I'm saying that he should either be not voting Klazam and not campaining to get him out of Move Checker or campaigning to get Klazam out of Move Checker and replaced, then lynched, he's doing neither.

Reasoning behind my reads coming up very soon (Typed them up earlier, thank god, this post took me about 30 minutes to spell fix lol).
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Feysal »

@MOD
: Rules say blue chits are valid for first three rounds. It is now round two. Does that not mean that we have until next round to spend them?
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Baby Spice wrote:Too early for many solid reads, especially as strategic discussions domnate but ...

Scummy:
Regfan. Voting a scum read is not a bad thing ever. Faking a scum read is but that is not what Reg called Mag for doing.
Maruchan. All that self meta referencing sounds like someone trying to fake their town meta as much as anything.
Magua. Voting a scum read is onething, but not also pushing for that person's removal from a sensitive room ...
Hito. Well more that Hito isn't the shining towniness that he was in SAIII.

Town:
Feysal

These reads
>.>

Switching to Elli "townreadssuck" 2.0 ver. bzzzt
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

Town

Maruchan:
Early claim. Constant genuine scumhunting attempts. Continuous questioning towards the mod. Getting a collective opinion on how to use door changer.
Klazam:
Eagerness in moving and organizing moves. Genuine scumhunting and good and reasonable reads. Continuous questioning towards the mod.
Hito:
Playing to town-meta. Making sure that we don't get ahead of ourselves. Good strategic suggestions.
Feysal:
Strong strategic presence. Good mix of creating his own ideads analyzing other peoples suggestions. Reasonable reads.
Nobody Special:
Genuinely scumhunting although illogical and rash (One of Reck/Amrum must be mafia ect.) Willingness to have his chits used so freely.
Llarmable:
Strong strategic presence. Reasonable reads in most cases (His change of read without reasoning here and there is meh though)
Andrius:
LBs meta read on him. Don't see LB defending his partner who is about to get interrogated by Hito and if he's town I trust he can read Andrius correctly.

Leaning Town

Reckoner:
Reads more as arrogant town who believe he can do better in the villa than anything else. Meta and Gut (Yeah I know I normally avoid using gut).
LLD:
Her interaction with Tcl makes me doubt partners and I believe Tcl is mafia. Annoyance at people speculating about the doors reads as town motivated.

@ Feysal -
It's round 3.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

hitogoroshi wrote:iamausername is still scum

Iamausername wrote:

VOTE: Nobody Special

Seriously, try to justify this post, I dare you,,

absolutely nothing about "why would scum-ns to be motivated to post something like this?" and everything about "wow I bet he can't justify that! yay!" = lurkerscum looking for something indefensible instead of looking for scum

I kind of skimmed over that post, but hito is 100% right. That was fucking scummy.

Feysal wrote:Okay, I see someone moved Maruchan into the Secluded Villa without claiming it. That means it was probably done by scum.

Wow, I TOTALLY missed that this happened.

Maru is almost definitely town.

Support Feysal's plan re: chits.

p-edit: I put round 2 in my PM about Klazam. I actually said "Round 2 or whatever round it is" or something like that. Should I send it again?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Hey, tclawren, is there a reason you didn't send in the move to keep Maruchan in place? I know Feysal said he didn't want you to do it, but you didn't check in to change it or agree or disagree with him.

Or did you submit it at all? Did you word it as an insured non-move or as an insured move to the Door Checker?

I'd like to hear a detailed explanation from tc immediately on what his thought process was behind not submitting the move he'd promised to make, or not responding in the thread to Feysal's post telling him to change his PM.

tc, how many chits do you have left?

(Was going to ask why Feysal went from telling to leaving it out of his list of moves, but he already explained himself.)

I'm extremely annoyed right now for a variety of reasons, but I want to hear tclawren's side of the story, first.

~Mina
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Feysal »

hitogoroshi [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3380952#p3380952]#512[/url] wrote:P.EDIT: Regarding Feysals plan: And when your sent-in move fails next round, how do you prove it wasn't a mafia no-move?

You don't. But if the mafia wants to use even more chits to do that, so much the better. It will cause the mafia to fail their moves also when they run out of chits.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

So let's say we go through an enormous organization session, putting bits on our toy with reckless abandon. At the end of it all, 8 people didn't have their moves go through and 3 people missed a move citing RL issues. Who's scum?
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Nautilius »

Assuming 1 scumteam about how many scum are in the settup.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Nautilius wrote:Assuming 1 scumteam about how many scum are in the settup.

With 20 players?

Could be 5-6?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Llamarble »

You know, we have an obvtown claimed VT and more chits than we really know what to do with.
I propose we ship Maru all the way to the potions room.
Thoughts?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Regfan »

@ Feysal -
As I said previously, the plan doesn't work due to mafia having used blue chits and a complete lack of time for us to test everyone's blue chits remaining. It's not worth even attempting due to the massive amount of effort and confusion it'll lead towards.

@ Nautlius -
Guessing between 5 and 6.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”