Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Amrun »

Sorry for being kind of a lameduck replacement.

I really struggled to catch up.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Herodotus wrote:Though on a related note, if xvart flips mafia roleblocker today, I think all the protective roles should let you shoot Yos2 tonight. His defense of xvart yesterday would merit that.
Yos2 was never confirmed town to me, just someone I couldn't investigate (after assuming he would be shot on Night 1).

I was hoping the scum would assume I had the same ability regarding Ludi as he claimed to have regarding me, so I never suspected him, though I considered investigating him. I wasn't sure about the strategic value of softclaiming unrecruitable, but figured it would help.

The cult docs needed to target the vigs after they claimed. Vigs are the most powerful roles. In fact, I was surprised that I was being roleblocked instead of the vigs (or cult docs). It almost gave Kinetic's cult a meta advantage, as I was saying to myself that Yos2 would insist on blocking the vigs.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Oh, you should feel good about blocking me. I investigated each of Zdenek and Conspiracy the night before they were lynched. (I wasn't looking forward to having to claim that!)
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Oh hey Yos was cult all along..
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Flameaxe, were you a tracker? Your questions about when you were recruited made me suspect that you knew that I had investigated you (which made you look relatively bad).
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

*looks at first post with roles revealed* I don't think so. :D
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Actually, Kinetic, I blocked Yos2 on night one, so I think someone else messed with you thing there (and blocked bvoigt on last night)

I thought it was impossible for me to block the cult recruiters from my pm, as it stated that the place 'was too hot to handle for one officer acting alone', which was rather misleading if not true.

Also, sad I failed town here more so than winning. I was actually pretty spot on about Yos2, and xvart, just got sidetracked a little. bah.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Herodotus »

But it was Yos2 carrying out the recruitment action.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

No, if Yos2 did It I would have blocked him. (unless Yos2 did it on night one? In which case, go me)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Herodotus »

You did block him... so ooba wasn't recruited.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Ok. Well, I thought I played ok, gave due dilligence to most, was actually surprised and sad when DGB flipped town, she was acting very erratic. The cult docs should not have been on herod after my gambit, as they were just wasting their time.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Flay said that making the recruit after the first night was dangerous, thus I tried to make Yos do it. ML fucked that right up.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, there were a (rare) handful of ways Cult Leaders could have died/been targeted. Most of it had to do with locations, but I'm not revealing the exact mechanics in case I want to use it again in the future...

I do agree with Yos, I think I just about got the balance right on this one (like the first Succession game, every faction had at least one oh-shit-we're-going-to-lose-for-sure moment, which is a good sign). I probably should have gone back with my original instinct for 3 Vigs, 1 Unrecruitable.

Chronopie dying early REALLY hurt town; his special ability could have revealed scum associations by 'eavesdropping' on Night Actions/QuickTopics. For example, if he'd targeted Yosarian, he'd have gotten that he had contact with Kinetic during the Night. Boom. And yeah, the massclaim was a bad idea (massclaims are almost always colossally bad ideas in Flay Games). I might have claimed some sort of unrecruitable if I were Cobblerfone, but otherwise he was right to claim VT.

Cult Docs did an okay job, but really the worst part of Town power was the hideously offtarget Vigilantes. Battousai alone killed 4 Town players
before
he was recruited... I really thought ooba was going to nail him to the wall after seeing him with springlullaby. Overall though, I think Town didn't do too badly, except for those two things. You did an excellent job of nailing ABR's team, for example. Assuming Yos2 was conftown because of the JK was kinda :? though...
Retired as of October 2014.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Battousai »

Well, it's kind of hard to hit 3 scum out of 20 targets, so hitting 1 who became recruit is better than nothing :)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Spoiler: Role PMs
Role PMs:
Mob LieutenantYou're
Joe Camisano
, a longtime figure in the Kansas City underworld and a 'Made Man'. With Civillia out of the picture, you've decided it's your time to make a power grab. Of course you're not the only one with such ideas, so you'll have to eliminate or subvert your rivals, as well as any meddling yokels.

Win Condition:
You win when all who oppose you are dead, convicted, or neutralized.

Powers:
  • (active, night): At Night you may send one of your associates to 'convince' another player to join your faction. Send me a PM with the name of the person you trust to carry the message, and who they will be paying a visit to. Due to the increased scrutiny and activity surrounding the current power vacuum, it is not recommended that you make the trip yourself after Night Zero (confirmation stage).
    Do not talk directly to that player until I advise you that they have accepted the offer!
    You may recruit someone during confirmations.
  • Kill
    (active, night): Instead, you may find someone too dangerous/stubborn to recruit, and wish to rub them out. You can also choose to send someone to kill the person (or you may do it yourself, if you just feel like getting your hands dirty). You can also direct them to destroy a particular named/numbered building, though this does not guarantee that anyone will be present. You may not direct both a Recruitment and a Killing on the same Night.
  • Connections
    (passive, night): Due to your connections and associates, some roles will not affect you as long as you have associates surrounding you. The flip side of this is that when all of your allies are dead, convicted, or neutralized, your protection will evaporate and you will lose
    automatically
    (the White Flag rule).
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may also choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no special action or influence there beyond what your other abilities may grant you.

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at Uncle Joe's Tavern, #10 on the map (which you own).

Modnotes: Stump: No vote. Directs Night Actions. If they lose their last ally, the faction automatically surrenders. N0 this White Flag rule does not apply, if they fail to recruit anyone successfully.

Mob LieutenantYou're
Albert B. "Rampage" Sperro
, a longtime figure in the Kansas City underworld and a 'Made Man', feared for your temper. With old Nick Civillia out of the picture, it may be your turn to grab the brass ring and hang on with both hands. Of course you're not the only one with such ideas, so you'll have to deal with your rivals as well as any well-meaning citizens who get in your way.

Win Condition:
You win when all who oppose you are dead, convicted, or neutralized.

Powers:
  • (active, night): At Night you may send one of your associates to 'convince' another player to join your faction. Send me a PM with the name of the person you trust to carry the message, and who they will be paying a visit to. Due to the increased scrutiny and activity surrounding the current power vacuum, it is not recommended that you make the trip yourself after Night Zero (confirmation stage).
    Do not talk directly to that player until I advise you that they have accepted the offer!
    You may recruit someone during confirmations.
  • Kill
    (active, night): Instead, you may find someone too dangerous/stubborn to recruit, and wish to rub them out. You can also choose to send someone to kill the person (or you may do it yourself, if you just feel like getting your hands dirty). You can also direct them to destroy a particular named/numbered building, though this does not guarantee that anyone will be present. You may not direct both a Recruitment and a Killing on the same Night.
  • Connection
    s (passive, night): Due to your connections and associates, some roles will not affect you as long as you have associates surrounding you. The flip side of this is that when all of your allies are dead, convicted, or neutralized, your protection will evaporate and you will lose
    automatically
    (the White Flag rule).
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may also choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no special action or influence there beyond what your other abilities may grant you.

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at Cascone's Grill, #21 on the map.

Modnotes: Stump: No vote. Directs Night Actions. If they lose their last ally, the faction automatically surrenders. N0 this White Flag rule does not apply, if they fail to recruit anyone successfully.

Exotic DancerYou're
Flameaxe
, a regular performer for the Chelsea Quay Adult Movie House, as well as an exotic dancer. Your beauty and charm are considerable, but thugs and businessmen alike tend to disapprove of you when you're not 'on the job'. Hypocrisy sucks, doesn't it? Your best bet for a continued career and health is to make sure that the organized crime element doesn't get any worse in the River Quay.

Win Condition:
You win when the gangsters and major criminals are dead, convicted, or neutralized.

Powers:
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.
    (in an ordinary game, you would be considered a )

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at the Chelsea Quay Movie House, #11 on the map.

Modnotes: If both Dancers are recruited, both are arrested for a Night.

Exotic DancerYou're
Dripping Goofball
, a regular attraction at the Limelight Cabaret, as well as doing a little business after hours to make sure the bills get paid. You can charm the pants off of a man (or woman) and get them to pay you for the privilege, but when all is said and done you're a sideline attraction at best. Your way of life may draw the occasional stares and wagged fingers from blue-haired grandmothers, but compared to the mob, you're nothing to worry about.

Win Condition:
You win when the gangsters and major criminals are dead, convicted, or neutralized.

Powers:
  • Prostitution
    (active, night): At Night you may select one player to use your skills on, taking up a good portion of their evening with your bountiful assets
    . Send me a PM with who you would like to distract; the earlier you start, the better your night will be.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at the Limelight Cabaret, #31 on the map.

Modnotes: Prevents Night Actions by non-Stumps. Flavor depends on which RB it is. If both Dancers are recruited, both are arrested for a Night.

City CouncilpersonYou're
Fritz L. R. Hernandez
, elected representative of the 2nd District of the City Council, a valued and trusted member of the community. Despite that prestigious office, you are not exactly a saint; you've gotten your hands dirty with some kickbacks and pet projects for Nick Civillia's associates, and if the news got out, your career would be finished. Best thing for you would be if their fall continued unabated, and you were able to focus on the needs of your other constituents.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night, limited): At Night you may choose to retreat to your offices on the 26th floor of City Hall, and escape the madness and violence gripping the River Quay for a while. You will be untargetable while at your offices, but you may not spend consecutive Nights there.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You can often be found hanging out at the Gillis Barber Shop, #30 on the map, when you are in the River Quay area.

BankerYou're
Ms. Spring Lullaby
, bank manager for the Merchants-Produce Bank, a financial mainstay of the River Quay for almost seventy years. While the bank's unofficial motto is 'everyone's cash is equally green' and regulators have looked into suspicions of money laundering by mob associates, no wrongdoing has ever been proven. The recent string of violence and upheaval, however, has everyone somewhat nervous.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (passive, night): Your work ethic is so strong that, while you are willing to discuss fiduciary matters with underworld figures, you cannot be swayed to support one side over the other. Violence is bad for business, in your business.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
Your dedication to your job means that you are often found at the Merchants-Produce Bank, #36 on the map, both late in the evenings and first thing in the morning.

Bank ClerkYou're
Hiro Battousai
, a longtime bank clerk for the Merchants-Produce Bank, an Old Town financial mainstay. Years of dealing with the bank's unofficial motto of 'everyone's cash is equally green' have soured you on any mob dealings, and the recent uptick in violence has made something inside of you...
snap

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night): Your security training qualifies you to try a little vigilante justice, if you like; you can send me the name of a player OR location you'd like to 'take out' at Night. Targeting an individual is somewhat easier than an entire building, even if you're certain there's someone inside. The actual instigators of the violence, Camisano and Sperro, are too well-protected for you to attack, but you might be able to whittle down their associates...
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
Your dedication to your job means that you are often found at the Merchants-Produce Bank, #36 on the map, both late in the evenings and first thing in the morning.

Modnotes: May target a building, which will kill one person at random inside.

BartenderYou're
Katsuki Saito
, a bartender at the popular and classy Victoria Station restaurant. Working in a boxcar may not seem like much, but the decor and clientele make it worth it. You've seen fortunes come and go in the River Quay, but the current wave of violence is doing your tips no good at all. If it was up to you, you'd rather just see all of this 'mobster' business clear on out and leave the hardworking folks to their gin & tonics and wine tastings.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at Victoria Station, #4 on the map.

BartenderYou're
Cecily Smith
, a bartender at Judge Roy Bean's, a longtime watering hole in the River Quay area. You've seen mobsters, police, doctors and dock workers all in your establishment at one time or another, and you're convinced the whole power struggle thing is nonsense. Whether the "Mafia" actually exists or not, blowing up the places people work and relax is no way to live.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Free Advice
    (active, night): Assuming you can get somebody to come in for a drink (and most of them do, sooner or later), you can use your persuasive speech (and maybe a free drink or two) to help keep someone from getting any deeper involved in this turf war.
    Just send me a PM with the name of who you'd like to talk to; this effect may last longer than just one night.
  • (passive, night): Your convictions are strong enough for you to resist being dragged into this whole fight on one side or the other, yourself.
  • Visit

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at Judge Roy Bean's, #18 on the map.

Modnotes: Tries to talk people out of joining the Mafia. Does not know if it worked. Protection lasts for 1 Night for Bartender.

Business OwnerYou're
John "Nobody Special" Doe
, owner and operator of Sterling Company, a retail shop specializing in silverwork and other precious metals. You've been a part of River Quay since before it was 'hip' to do so, and this mob action has you hot under the collar. How dare they try to wreck your home and livelihood?

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night): Your military background and substantial firearms collection enables you to dispense some vigilante justice; you can send me the name of a player OR location you'd like to 'take out' at Night. Targeting an individual is somewhat easier than an entire building, even if you're certain there's someone inside. The actual instigators of the violence, Camisano and Sperro, are too well-guarded for you to attack directly, but you can probably deal with their associates and underlings.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
Your company requires a great deal of your time and energy; the warehouse and retail shop are both located at #20 on the map, and you can be found there most evenings and early many mornings.

Modnotes: May also target a building, which will kill one person at random inside.

Business OwnerYou're
Charles "Chaz" Poro
, owner of Yesterday's Girl, the only sizable grocery store in the River Quay area (not counting the open-air City Market). You have no problem with Italians, of course, but this killing and bombing stuff has you very nervous. Fortunately, Mr. Sperro has offered to take you under his wing and protect you from the worst of it, in exchange for a favor now and then. And he probably doesn't mean free canolis...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit
    (in an ordinary game, you would be considered a
    [/wiki]Townie[/wiki]
    )

Home Base:
Running Yesterday's Girl takes up most of your free time; most evenings and even early in the morning you can be found there (#27 on the map)

CookYou're
Yosarian Johnson
, a short-order cook at Dinkeldorf's Deli. Dinkeldorf's is an institution of the River Quay area, and your sandwiches have earned you no small renown on their own merits; the boss says the lines are always twice as long when you're on the clock. Either way, this whole 'Maffia' nonsense has nothing to do with you... right? Well, it didn't until Joe Camisano sat down at one of your tables and paid you a $2,000 tip. Now it looks like you've got a side in this fight...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit

Home Base:
You are often working at Dinkeldorf's (#26 on the map), cleaning up in the evenings after closing time or getting things ready for the morning open.

Corrupt CopYou're
Herodotus Greco
, a uniformed officer of the Kansas City Police Department. You've looked the other way before for another Italian or a kid who was just trying to get by in a rough neighborhood, but the killing and violence has made your job harder than ever, lately.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Investigate
    (active, night): You may use your access to police files to investigate someone's criminal record and try to learn anything about their recent illicit activity you can.
    . Just PM me the name of the person you wish to research; certain files may be more difficult to access than others, of course, and the Camisano/Sperro files have already been taken upstairs for review by HQ.
  • Visit

Home Base:
You are stationed out of the police garage on the waterfront (#3 on the map), though you also live in the area, farther east.

Modnotes: If both Cops are recruited, both are fired for corruption.

Corrupt CopYou're
Mr. Sam Ludi
, a uniformed officer of the Kansas City Police Department on the Night Shift. You're not above the occasional supplemental income from your patrols, and certainly not above a free meal or drink, but this violence and mayhem has got to stop!

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Detain
    (active, night): You may use (or abuse, as the case may be) your police powers to take someone into temporary custody on a pretext, or even a valid concern, if you can find one. Doing so will both remove them from the area and place them in detention downtown for a while, and protect them somewhat from the violence running rampant.
    . Just PM me the name of the person you wish to detain; certain people may be harder to persuade to come with you, of course, and the Camisano/Sperro residences have already been labeled too hot for a single officer to act upon. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.
  • Visit

Home Base:
You are stationed out of the police garage on the waterfront (#3 on the map) while you are working.

Modnotes: Prevents Night Actions, but also makes target untargetable. Stumps are immune to both effects. If both Cops are recruited, both are fired for corruption.

Factory WorkerYou're
Bunny Lover
, a semi-skilled laborer at the Chase Bag Company. You're getting pretty close to retirement age at this point, but if you die to to this idiotic 'gang war', who will take care of your family for you?

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You are often working late at the factory due to the shift differential (#1 on the map), but you also work mornings when needed.

Dock WorkerYou're
Tanarin Oswald
, a laborer at Lloyd-Adams Transfer and Storage near the waterfront. You've got no troubles with anybody, but shooting and blowing shit up hardly seems like a good way to live your life. The Good Book commands us to look after one another, after all...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night): You may choose, out of the goodness of your heart, to guard someone's house or place of work overnight to try to stop any violence from being done in the name of evil. You may also choose to try to 'shadow' someone and protect them from an attack on the street, but it's kind of hard to be subtle and sneaky about it when you're the size of man you are.

• Visit

Home Base:
You are often working late at the warehouse due to the workload (#9 on the map), but you also work mornings when you have to.

Modnotes: May prevent one NK/JK, but JK is retargeted to them. Multiple NKs will result in their death as well as the target.

Warehouse SupervisorYou're
Alan "Mr. Dry-Fit" Wilson
, a laborer at B & B Distributing. You've worked there for years and would really like nothing better to do most evenings than just go home, take the dog for a walk, and drink a few cold ones. Mobsters and labor disputes and all of that crap really isn't your bag, you know?

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You are often working late at the warehouse (#13 on the map), but you also work mornings when needed.

DoctorYou're
Doc "Popular" Tajo
, a surgeon at St. Mary's Hospital, and you've sworn to protect life. 'Business' may be up with the recent spate of violence, but a nice quiet shift wouldn't be so terrible once in a while, would it?

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night): You may choose to direct one of the ambulances to watch over someone at Night; should they be injured, the ambulance will rush them to where you are on duty, greatly assisting with their chances of surviving.
    (in an ordinary game, you would also be considered a )

• Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with any other players at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You are often working long shifts at the hospital (#2 on the map).

Modnotes: Can only stop 1 NK per night; cannot protect self. If both Doctor and Pharmacist are recruited, both are fired for corruption.

PriestYou're
Father B. Voigt
, a Catholic priest at Holy Rosary Church, a fixture of the River Quay, North Town, Old Town, or whatever you wish to call it. While most of these folks don't darken your doorstep on Sunday mornings, all of God's children are part of your flock, whether they know it or not. Even a bad man may do good with his money, or a good man ill by his inaction.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Counsel
    (active, night): You may extend a bit of wisdom and counseling to anyone you feel is wavering toward falling down a darker path. It may not always work, but you have no choice but to try to put an end to this violent outbreak.
    Just send me a PM with the name of who you'd like to talk to; this effect may last longer than just one night.
  • (passive, night): Through your faith and vows, you are easily strong enough to resist being dragged into this 'mob' fight on one side or the other.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night in this manner unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at Holy Rosary, #8 on the map.

Modnotes: Tries to talk people out of joining the Mafia. Does not know if it worked. Protection lasts for 2 Nights for the Priest.

JunkieYou're
Seraphim
, an amphetamine addict at present and longtime wanderer of the streets of River Quay. You have no use for the criminal element that has so disrupted life of late, and while you yourself do not have a squeaky-clean record, you find yourself thinking even you are better than a bunch of murdering fools...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Track
    (active, night): You may choose to follow someone at night and see where their own wanderings take them. Stealth is not always easy on the quiet streets of the waterfront, but you've learned how to make yourself unobtrusive and unthreatening when you can.

• Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night in this manner unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You start most evenings at Papa Nick's Wine Cellar, #24 on the map, though by dawn you're usually fighting sleep in an alley or sleeping in somebody's unlocked car if it's raining.

Modnotes: Results are locations, not people.

JunkieYou're
"pops"
, a heroin addict and down-on-your-luck resident of the River Quay. Unable to hold down a decent job lately and not above boosting a few unattended possessions for the quick resale value, you still draw the line at killing and mayhem.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Watch
    (active, night): Your addiction makes it hard to get around at times, but it does mean you can stay very still and quiet for a long time. If you choose, you may 'stake out' someone's home or place of work and see who visits there after hours; nothing guarantees you will see anything or remain unseen yourself, of course.
    Just send me a PM at Night of the named/numbered location you wish to observe.
  • Visit

Home Base:
You start most evenings at Main Street Liquors, #29 on the map, though by daybreak you're just as often huddled on a doorstep or behind a dumpster in the alley.

Modnotes: Targets locations, not people. Targeting a Stump will reveal himself to the Stump as being just outside.

Private EyeYou're
Max "Chrono" P. Warner
, a private investigator working for yourself out of the River Quay district. All of this recent violent behavior is a little blatant when compared to your usual adultery or lost possessions case, but money is money, and there's some sport in a challenge...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • (active, night): You've got a knack for technology and are able to tap into the phone lines of most establishments if you choose to. Communication may be garbled or even encrypted, but it is at least possible to learn something about the goings and doings of the more unsavory elements around you. Send me a PM if you wish to try to tap the lines at a particular named/numbered location, and I will let you know what you learn in the process.
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may instead choose to simply 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with any other players at Night unless told otherwise.

Home Base:
You are often working late at your 'cover', a photography business (#28 on the map), and you also live in the back room.

Modnotes: Gets name of one person that role interacted with overnight (not Kills). If recruited, he does NOT get to 'meet the team', but instead only talks to the Stump. Can be recruited away to the other side! If given the names of a side accidentally, will have to be NKed by the former team.

Personal TrainerYou're
Mike "The Admiral" Howell
, a trainer at Garrison Athletic Center, a new gymnasium on the east side of the River Quay. You pride yourself on providing inspiration and expertise for those who wish to improve themselves, like you have. You don't actually care what people do in their business lives, as once your clients enter the door, you consider yourself in charge. However this guns-and-dope nonsense is bad for your health.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit

Home Base:
You frequently work out after your shift at the gym (#35 on the map), and your shift often starts early the next morning..

TeamsterYou're
Raudhr Garm
, a Teamster who helps deliver and move equipment and inventory to many of the retail businesses in the River Quay area. Though the streets are narrow and the doors even narrower, you like your job and find the threats of violence and mayhem disruptive to your days (not to mention a night). A little grift and selling off the back of the truck is one thing, but people could get
killed
doing this!

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Visit

Home Base:
You frequently wrap up after your driving shifts with a drink at Harlow's Nightclub (#33 on the map), and by the dawn's early light you're in your truck...

TeamsterYou're
Anahito Xvart
, a Teamster who transports inventory and supplies for area businesses. You've lived and worked in the River Quay area all your life, and seen its fortunes rise and fall. This is probably the worst you've ever seen the area, even when it was derelict in the 50s, and you don't want to see your home turf die like this...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Stonewall
    (active, night): You can choose to block up somebody who is out at night; whether it's inviting them to have a drink, engaging them in a long and rambling conversation, or just getting a couple of your buddies together to intimidate them. Just send me a PM with the name of the person you'd like to interfere with.

• Visit

Home Base:
You frequently finish your work shifts with a drink at Poor Freddie's (#5 on the map), but not too late; work starts damn early...

Modnotes: Prevents Night Actions by non-Stumps. Flavor depends on which RB it is.

TeamsterYou're
Paul Cobblerfone
, a Teamster and hauler for businesses in the River Quay area. You hate seeing the area disrupted like this, and while you're not above a little creative bookkeeping to make ends meet, this bombing and killing stuff is for the birds.

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Self-Defense
    (passive, night): You have military experience in Korea and the precautions you've taken to ensure that your home is not violated are considerable. If someone tries to kill or detain you, it is likely they will be extremely sorry...
    (in an ordinary game, you would be considered an )

• Visit

Home Base:
You often finish your day with a drink or two at Delaware Daddy's Bar and Grill (#7 on the map), or have breakfast there before starting your shift.

Modnotes: Kills anybody who tries to target him for a NK (or JK, if he's at home).

PharmacistYou're
Mr. Zdenek
, primary pharmacist at Getz Prescription Shop in the River Quay. You've lived and worked in the area for decades, and don't like to see all the mayhem that has erupted of late. Whatever you can do to help alleviate the situation, you will try...

Win Condition:

Powers:
  • Medicate
    (active, night): Your access to the pharmacy and supplies allows you to respond to some extraordinary after-hours situations that might arise. You can try to advise and protect someone from assault and damage, though you don't have the resources of a full hospital.

• Visit

Home Base:
You are often working late at the pharmacy (#23 on the map).

Modnotes: 50% chance to stop someone from dying by NK (except Army Vet's retaliation). Cannot protect self. If both Doctor and Pharmacist are recruited, both are fired for corruption.

NAR for this game was:
  • Commuter
  • Cult Doctor
  • Jailkeeper
  • Roleblocker
  • Bodyguard
  • Faith Healer
  • Doctor
  • Goon
  • Vigilante
  • Stump
  • Watcher
  • Tracker
  • Investigator
  • Army Veteran
  • Townie
  • Phone Tapper
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Green Room: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/GFisqvJS4KFiy

I'll probably get Night Actions up tomorrow.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by Kinetic »

"Vigs are running rampant through the town. Batt killed 4 townies BEFORE he was recruited"

lol
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I could be recruited to the other side? That might have been so epic.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

The scummy banner convinced me you were good >.>
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by ConSpiracy »

I played bad.
Next cult game I will play very different.
If there will be one though. Maybe they are not something for me.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Flay's summary of my play style is awesome:

"Oh man, I'm loving Kinetic's flip from "HOPE" to "FUCK YOU". :lol: Especially since it's still 3 vs. 16, not even counting White Flag..."
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 am

Post by bvoigt »

It was a fun game despite my play. Thanks, Flay.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Assuming Yos2 was conftown because of the JK was kinda :? though...

(shrug) The only way I could have been scum was if Kenetic targeted me night 0, and that's only, what, a 1/20 chance? Come on, how likely is that?

Heh. If I was Kinetic, I wouldn't have recruited me on night zero. I was almost lynched day 1 just on the WIFOM of "of course the scum would want to recruit Yos".

Also, I was able to act really pro-town for quite a while; as I mentioned in the quicktopic, I was doing good scumhunting on the other scum group and was pushing for all the Albert-scum lynches. In fact, I kind of doubt that the ABR culties would have been all been lynched if I had been lynched day 0.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:36 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Fun game, but I think I died before I was able to get my teeth really stuck in to it.

Congrats to the winning cult!

Thanks for hosting flay!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:12 am

Post by xvart »

Magister Ludi wrote:Also, sad I failed town here more so than winning. I was actually pretty spot on about Yos2, and xvart, just got sidetracked a little. bah.
Yeah I was sweating the second wagon that popped on me. I had been struggling due to work related issues affecting my ability to keep in large games, even more so to push phoney cases. The one thing I was trying to lead my attackers into looking into or asking was comparing my play to the last game when I was recruited early. I didn't want to be like "oooohh self meta" so I kept dropping little things like that to try and get someone to say "wait, how did xvart play as cult" even though it would have only been a one game meta sample. I felt (and still do) bad about my lack of activity but even once my work settled down and once I got out from under the second wagon I felt, unfortunately, that I kind of had to keep it going.

I was having a lot of fun with the RBer speculation and was laughing at Flameaxe being accused of being the RBer. When Flameaxe refused to claim I was trying so hard to pin the RBer on him without being obvious about "he's hiding scummy actions" since that is exactly why I didn't claim. I was trying so hard to get someone to say he could be a RBer; I was waiting on Hero to jump on it and claim he had been RBed; which is why I suggested a redirector instead of RBer.

I also want to say that I think the conversation about me being hard to lynch on D1 cursed me. Although flattering, I literally got lynched in more games the next two weeks than I had my entire previous MS tenure.

I couldn't believe Yos2 defending me like he did. As has been said, that was a pivotal moment and one of those risk/reward scenarios that worked perfectly. I don't I would ever have the balls to do something like that.

I also was having severe paranoia about there actually being a mafia faction in the game, mostly because of Cobbler's late game claim since I had RBed (confined) him two nights (one of which DGB blocked me). I laughed when Flay asked me if I cared if I died in the final scene because at that point I knew his claim was real and the irony was lulz.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”