tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:37 am

Post by tclawren »

>.>

<.<

*goes off to read up*
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Magua »

Zoraster hates Lost Butterfly's
freedom
gambit.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

1. Still require explanation from LB of why they set our door control operation back by a turn.
2. If LB is actually town then scum haven't messed with our stuff at all, which means we're probably doing something that they like.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

2. seems incorrect, especially if they decide to mess with us early it's possible they can be caught out.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 am

Post by tclawren »

OK.

Not much has really changed, which is quite surprising considering the number of pages that I just
skimmed
read thoroughly.

Nothing that Amrun has done is telling me that she's town. So that read still hasn't changed and I will keep my vote here.

LLD looks better now. Pains me a little bit to say that.

I don't like Plum's wall. It feels a little forced to me. I'll have to keep my eyes on her.

Iam is scummy, but I don't need to tell you guys that. Probably will be the lynch for today.

--

I sent in this move

#MOVE
Player to Move
: tclawren
Room to Move to
: Party Room
Insurance?
: N
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Faraday »

3/4 of those are things I am thinking.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Faraday wrote:3/4 of those are things I am thinking.

Me too, sexy.
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

Why did no one ask if LB had a killing ability. :( He woulda gotten trapped in a lie.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

What the hell are you talking about what
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

ALSO WE'RE FEMALE. OKAY? MINA MAKES ME WEAR A DRESS WHEN WE HYDRA.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Nautilius »

is it better to stretch out lynches as many as rounds as whatever or does it not matter?
readwise
lady up, soda down.
Saw amrun hate looking into that.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

We're ending the day before the scum get their free moves.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Nautilius »

free moves? >.>
yeah I haven't thought about the game yet, midgame etc.

so when are we lynching iam (daywise). I don't think I need to put in much effort yet etc.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Like within the next 5 days real time, I think.
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Nautilius »

bu game i meant boardgame btw
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

Post by iamausername »

I've never been the easy target before! Fun!

(Well, not on this account, anyway.)

hitogoroshi wrote:absolutely nothing about "why would scum-ns to be motivated to post something like this?" and everything about "wow I bet he can't justify that! yay!" = lurkerscum looking for something indefensible instead of looking for scum

Just because I didn't explain why scum would be motivated to post something like that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about it. I was employing a tactic that I use in pretty much every fuckin' game I play, which goes like this:

I find it generates far more useful information to point something out and say "this is scummy", and see how everybody reacts to that,
then
explain why, than to immediately drop a detailed explanation for my reads.

Anyway, here is the statement we were talking about:

Nobody Special wrote:I would venture to say that Reck and Plum are of different alignments. Now if I could only tell which was which. :oops:

I guess it'll be more evident as the game goes on.

I asked him to justify it, because I don't see any motivation for
town
to post something like this.

In general, "X and Y have different alignments" is pretty much always a bullshit statement unless there's conflicting role stuff going on. "X and Y are not scum together" would be fine, but there's nothing suggesting that they can't be town together, and implying otherwise is bunk.

When accompanied by "I guess it'll become more evident as the game goes on", it's super scummy, because if you really thought one or the other of the two is scum, wouldn't you make some kind of effort to separate them?

Why did Nobody Special completely ignore my request that he justify my statement, and all the other questions I asked him? Why did he say nothing about me until a nice fat wagon formed that he could easily hop onto with no explanation, because hey, everybody else is doing it? Why is everybody giving him carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he likes because he "always looks scummy"? These are more questions I would like to see answered. Especially the last one.

Lost Butterfly wrote:Maybe it's just that it sets me on edge whenever anyone repeatedly addresses the town as "we," as in "We as a town clearly must lynch this player." It often comes across as pompous or trying too hard to include oneself in the group.

Are you serious?

Spoiler: EL OH FUCKING EL
Klazam wrote:G3. Campfire: Nontrusted players. The campfire is a powerful tool, but
we
need to figure out the optimal usage of it. I’m not sure how to do this.

Llamarble wrote:Security room & Move Checker should both be used.
Electric chair should be used, probably D2 or D3 so
we
have some info to direct it but also the spare manpower to use it while using other good stuff.
FAST LYNCHES-ISH.
We
don't want any days to last to a point where mafia start getting to move everyone around at will.

DON'T ALL RUSH THE POTION ROOM 'CAUSE THAT WILL MAKE SCUM HAPPY FUNTIME + SHORT DEADLINE.

I think
we
should be very public about who is moving who where.
Scum can coordinate much better than
we
can otherwise.
And if there's no 'A is supposed to make move B' scum have much more license to screw around.
If people are obvtown
we
can give them potions/purplechips/panicroom.

Still thinking about stuff.

Regfan wrote:
We
all need to agree on someone to move to door control straight away. They need to open C/D4 long enough for another elected player to be moved to the security room. C/D4 doesn't need to be reopened until
we
're all ready to use the electric chair.
We
should also elect three players to stand on the switch for the first day so if the electric chair ever goes of
we
have a good idea where to look if something goes wrong.

When all of this is in place players should be able to move freely into the secluded villa at their own will. The party room, the monastery and nexus seem relatively harmless and I don't see any particular reason to organize visits to either of these places, people should be fine to go from one to the other freely. On the other hand we should be voting players that everyone has shared suspicion on to move to the campfire. Tipping point is something that I'm failing to comprehend, I see no benefit for any player to visit it and would advice against anyone going there until
we
discuss it some more.

We
should be electing players that we trust not just to be town but also to vote correctly and not just tunnel of on their own to be in the ragetorium. The Panic room is less important, as long as someone is there that
we
don't suspect it's fine. Move checker, the war room and the potion room are going to be our biggest assets and
we
need to have our strongest town-reads there without a doubt.

So to summarize:
We
need to elect town-reads and trustworthy players to stand in Door Control, Security Room, Switch, Rageorium, Move Checker, War Room and Potion Room.
We
need to elect scum-reads and untrustworthy players to stand in Campfire overnight.
• People should be able to visit Secluded Villa, Party Room, Nexus, Monastery and Panic Room freely and Tipping Point should be out of bounds.

Klazam wrote:And i thought i read everything multiple times. Ah well.
we
should go with the llama's suggestion. Wouldnt it be better if nobody is in the switch? that ensures
we
dont waste a shot.

Llamarble wrote:I think overall
we
can mostly force what
we
want to to happen during the day with scum being able to screw up maybe one thing.

Llamarble wrote:
We
should start somebody toward door control asap since it will take awhile to make that happen and then move somebody to the security room.

Llamarble wrote:
Can
we
please have no stupid gambit stuff with town lying about moves? Doing all of this publicly will make globally pro-town movesets very doable.

And those are just the ones on the first page! It is literally incredible that you would try to use this as any kind of legitimate tell.

And as far as I can see, those are the only votes on me that have any justification whatsoever, so. Besides "lurking", and if anyone really thinks that the game is going to be won by lynching anyone who can't post a million times at all times of the day, every day, then I don't even know.

That's all the energy I'm going to expend on defending myself, so if you're into that, enjoy it while you can.

Spoiler: Amrun
#239 - I'm glad somebody shares my paranoia about Maruchan. The fact that she says this even after I'd gotten a whole bunch of heat for the same reason already reads as a strong town tell to me.

#296 - This one is a little bothersome; there's too much attention paid to reiterating the fact that she had already mentioned her scumread on Maru, it doesn't really come across as genuine.

On the whole, though, getting a gut town read from her posts, and the towntell above is much, much stronger than the scumtell above, so she's probably town.

Spoiler: Andrius
#234 is one of those 'eyes slip off the page' posts. I've read it a couple of times, but I don't seem to have taken anything away from it. Blah.

#234 - "I'm easily readable" is akin to "You can't meta me, I have no meta!" as far as absurd things to say about oneself go. Can't really see any more reason for scum to say it than town, but it annoys some part of my brain.

Feels very go-with-the-flow-ish, really didn't see any particularly strong stances being taken. Yeah, I see what Amrun was getting at when she balked at all the town cred he seems to be getting.

Spoiler: Baby Spice
#279 - If I'm reading this correctly, then score one more for my Maru paranoia being justified.

Baby Spice hasn't said a lot, but I'm pretty sure there's a soft claim there that scum wouldn't have any motivation to make, so I think she's town.

Spoiler: Fate
He's playing like a jester, obviously, but that's totally in character, so. The only thing he's shown interest in so far is survival, which is scummy, of course, but I'm sure it'll be forgiven once he actually starts playing the game. I just hope that will happen sooner rather than later.

Spoiler: Feysal
#438 - To Andrius, re: Secluded Villa: "if your voice is not heard in the thread, people will have doubts about whether they can trust you." Something about this strikes me as off. I think it's that Feysal doesn't seem to be at all concerned about whether people
should
trust Andrius.

#495 - There's quite a lot of "I'll decide more about this person later" kind of things, which stray close to my number #1 favourite 100% accurate scum tell, but nothing that I'd call definitive. His Llamarble comment is the worst in that regard.

But yeah, he seems awfully reluctant to give any solid town reads here, and I see a distinct lack of any drive to see any particular person lynched. I think it's quite likely that he is scum using strategy to look active and useful. Need to see a lot more scumhunting from him.

Spoiler: hitogoroshi
#16 - "In general, the more complex a plan gets the worse it's gonna be." I'm generally avoiding calling scum/town tells on strategy discussion, because I think that stuff is far easier for scum to fake than real scumhunting, but advocating this as a guiding principle is definitely the most pro-town strategic concern that anyone has espoused.

#507 - I'm not sure why this comes across as town to me when I disagree with almost all of the reads he's giving here, but nonetheless, this post really reads as town to me.

Spoiler: Klazam
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3378972]#354 - "
IMPORTANT POINT IN THIS GAME:

Sound, protown strategy DOES NOT mean the player is protown. Look for townies based on tone, scumhunting, and actions."

Given that Klazam is one of the chief strategists, it seems like a towntell for him to say this.

But he needs to put his money where his mouth is; I see a whole lot of strategy and little to no scumhunting in his iso so far.

Spoiler: Lady Lambdadelta
No specific posts to highlight, but I've got a pretty strong town read from her posting in general. Doesn't seem to be operating from any hidden agenda

And fuck it, I'm gonna stop there for now, this game is depressing me. I'll get to the rest probably tomorrow. If I'm not DEAD already!

If I am, please use my death as a cautionary tale and consider the possibility that lynching everyone who is not able to post a thousand words per hour, all day every day, may not actually be the best strategy to locating scum.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Nautilius »

oh great, Plum's scum, that's going to be a pain...
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 am

Post by tclawren »

@iam: who's scum? (besides NS)
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Klazam »

LB- you still need to post a explantion to why you moved Maru.

Iamaus- Yup. I need to focus on scumhunting more. thats why i'm not participating in strategy talks so far. I'm rereading, picking out towntells and scumtells. I'm almost done.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

tclawren wrote:

Um, please don't ask filler questions to make yourself look active (he's clearly getting to it)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Klazam wrote:LB- you still need to post a explantion to why you moved Maru.

This reminder is unnecessary.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 am

Post by iamausername »

wrote:

I'll tell you when I've finished reading everyone, but

zoraster wrote:

iamausername ( 8 ) Nautilius, SodaSpirit17, Fate, Plum, Lost Butterfly, hitogoroshi, Maruchan, Nobody Special,
(L - 3 )

at least one of them is in here.

Also Feysal. I think.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Nautilius »

wooooo
Unvote, Vote Plum
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

iamausername wrote:I asked him to justify it, because I don't see any motivation for town to post something like this. In general, "X and Y have different alignments" is pretty much always a bullshit statement unless there's conflicting role stuff going on. "X and Y are not scum together" would be fine, but there's nothing suggesting that they can't be town together, and implying otherwise is bunk.When accompanied by "I guess it'll become more evident as the game goes on", it's super scummy, because if you really thought one or the other of the two is scum, wouldn't you make some kind of effort to separate them?Why did Nobody Special completely ignore my request that he justify my statement, and all the other questions I asked him? Why did he say nothing about me until a nice fat wagon formed that he could easily hop onto with no explanation, because hey, everybody else is doing it? Why is everybody giving him carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he likes because he "always looks scummy"? These are more questions I would like to see answered. Especially the last one.

Looks like you're trying to pin him with garbage that on the surface looks scummy but actually isn't.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Klazam »

Nautilius wrote:wooooo
Unvote, Vote Plum

Clarify.

LB- I'm still waiting for your explanation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”