Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Neruz »

Banshee wrote:@Neruz: As scum, what is the advantage of passing up killing two town power roles in order to aim at an unidentified third in the town pool?

The two town power roles are in a fight and a significant amount of suspicion is orbiting both, one is not a threat until N2 and the other has hinted that her role gives certain information.

Given the state of the game at the end of day 1, there was a reasonable chance that EB would get lynched today, if he is lynched and flips town, then RD immediately becomes suspect number 1 and has a good chance of getting lynched the following day. Ironically, killing Beck actually help prevent EB's lynch.

Is it enough to keep EB and RD alive indefinitely? Certainly not, but as scum with one of my scumbuddies lynched D1 i'd be willing to risk an unknown PR for one night to get a chance at two possible mislynches.

If EB or RD survive to the endgame then that would be cause for suspicon, but it's not much at the moment.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Banshee »

Hmmm, I agree except that no one is pushing either lynch except me. Literally no one is pushing EB's lynch.

Doesn't that seem a little odd to you? Of course, now we've done the Schrodinger's cat thing and they won't, but it was odd that no scum jumped on my little bandwagon assuming your assessment is correct.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Neruz »

Well, yeah, of course no-one is pusing EB's lynch
now
, Beck flipped odd-night vig which makes EB's even night JK claim substantially more plausible. Scum would have to be pretty dumb to push for EB's lynch in light of Beck's flip and RD has too much support to be an easy mislynch at this juncture.

Scum have to be pretty annoyed right now, all things considered, i'd expect that the scum are probably lurking a bit, trying to avoid notice and slide through till the night so they can start strategising again and make sense of this mess.

Of course i could be wrong and the entire thing could be an elaborate deception, but i doubt it.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Llamarble »

Banshee wrote:
What made EB town for you between yesterday and today?

Was it the fact he survived overnight despite his claim?
How did that work, exactly?

Llamarble wrote:Odd vig + even jailkeeper has positive synergy for town (JK interferes with vig so it's beneficial for them to go on different nights).
That and yesterday's scumlynch make me much less bullet-lynch-happy.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Banshee »

And the first part of that question?

Was VoidedMafia obvious scum on a first read or was he not obvious scum on a first read?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Llamarble »

Llamarble wrote:I AM HERE AND I AM TOWN.
READ COMING THIS EVENING.
TOTALLY-SKIMMED
-SCUMREAD: VOIDEDMAFIA

Are there hydras and if so who of?
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Banshee »

Yes, that would argue that even on a skim you thought VM was scum.
Your next comment was that he wasn't, within about a day of the first.

You do understand why that's troubling, right?

And hey, where's your case on me? Just calling me scum doesn't constitute a case, and you can't get out of it by saying maybe I'm just dumb when I ask you for justification. You said it, own it and make your case.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Llamarble »

Hrm, there are a lot of ponies. I'm not confident I've correctly IDed Rainbow anymore, but w/e.
I skimmed, and my first impression was that Voided was scum.
He wasn't obvious scum though, especially due to the amount of effort he seemed to be putting in.

I make cases when I'm ready to lynch people or want to point out something specific.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Thomith »

ok banshee seems probable town as i don't see scum making arguements against their own, however this is a WIFOM reason but i am quite confident in it.

I am uneasy against rainbow because we have known she is a PR from day 1 but we don't know what, it might help clear things up a little but i wont force her to claim.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Llamarble »

We are massclaiming, so RD will claim eventually.
We have 3 weird softclaimed PRs, an even night Jailkeeper, and a dead odd night vig.
That feels like too much power, so I think there's a good chance massclaiming will catch us a scumbag.
At worst it will help a lot with figuring out what's going on / getting better reads.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Thomith »

llamarble wrote:We are massclaiming, so RD will claim eventually.

I though i read that people were telling rainbow not to claim beause they "know their role" hip did this i know but i thought there was another.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Llamarble »

Also Banshee for all your 'MAKE A CASE AGAINST ME I DEMAND IT CASES ARE THE NECTAR OF THE MODS' you sure did vote Voided much of D1 without ever at any point doing anything to push others to vote him.

Oh look I made a case.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Banshee »

I entered the game when it neared a lynch. I supported that lynch because I thought EB was lying and I thought his behaviour regarding the quickhammer was pretty strange. That lynch fell apart while I was reading over the game. During the course of that read, I thought VoidedMafia was scum. I voted for him and, since I'd just replaced into the game not long before, I didn't make a big case. But I did vote him for much of Day One, you're right, once I replaced in.

What do you think that means, exactly? That I voted for someone and supported their lynch without pushing it overtly? Is that a scumtell in your opinion if the lynchee flips scum?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yes.
You voted VM, which accomplishes scumgoal of appearing to want to eliminate scum.
But then you did NOTHING to convince anybody else to vote with you (and even attacked other people), giving buddy maximum opportunity to survive.

Come lynchtime, town tend to, you know, push on who they most think is scum and want to lynch because they actually want the person they're voting to die.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Banshee »

So it's a scumtell when you do this as well, correct?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Ellibereth »

goddamnit guys...goddamnit.
We're massclaiming popcorn?
If so we should all shut up abotu everything until it's over.
FLASH OF GREEN
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yeah I wasn't pro-massclaim until two more people softclaimed, and then I thought okay let's just go through with this.
Elli is right though.

@Banshee: I could imagine myself doing something like that, yes.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Thomith »

i have a feeling that weird isnt going to claim but thats just me. Although yes it is easier to keep track of claims if we dont say anything not linked to it but other than that i personally dont see a good reason why we should "shut up about everything"

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Banshee »

At this point the damage I was trying to prevent has already been done and the water has been muddied already. So I'll participate, meh. Weirdvoigts is up but I'll go next if people want to skip him for now since he hasn't weighed in yet.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I agree on massclaim with the amount of softs/fulls.
Not claiming = death.
We should all be quiet about the game unless we see one of his heads lurking where he just dies.

Llama didn't you miss the intermission vengeful in FLash? wanna go. :P
FLASH OF GREEN
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Llamarble »

Haha, I suppose I'd play. We can communicate roles by "the godfather is the person who Xed with me in obscure previous game Y" or somesuch.

We could be on our way to a mini postcount record, after all.
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by weirdvoigts »

We're a Vanilla Townie.

Thomith wrote:
weird wrote:and I don't see anything to change that.

You are more scummy for hammering with no reasoning than me voting with a reason, even if it was more gut than a massive case.

When I asked if I should vote Voided to finally end the day, you said:

Thomith wrote:if you think it is right then i don't see a reason why not.

What made you change your mind?

Neruz is obvtown after that thing about not knowing that Beck was dead. Banshee also looks town for not having picked up on what Rainbow's role is (scum have more incentive to think about it, and would have figured it out by now).
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Okay. Who do you want to have claim next? I recommend Implosion or one of the softclaimers.
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by weirdvoigts »

Oh yeah. Implosion next, please. Here are a couple of things Thomith said that make me think he and Voided are buddies:

Thomith wrote:You are really voting people who refuse to vote in RVS now?

This was posted right after EB voted Voided. Come to think of it, this is a towntell for EB, as I don't see scum voting their buddy for an action that occurred right at the start of the game.

Thomith wrote:I don't like the way that not many people are thinking about voided now, i know other things have popped up but it sort of seems it has let voided slip under the radar a little imo.

Thomith wrote:Ok let me rephrase what i meant as it is obviously not obvious.
Voided was suspected and is now seeming to slip under the radar, after we have dealt with current events i think we need to look at voided although we should be keeping an eye on voided at the current time.

This looks like classic distancing to me. "Hey guys, I'm making sure to mention Voided and keep thinking about him, but I don't want to look at him or vote him right now because there are more important things to focus on."

-bvoigt
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Claim: possibly confirmable power role

There's a good chance that I can confirm my role through night play. I won't claim any more than that, though. If I'm still alive, I'll fullclaim on day four, or if I'm being lynched (which shouldn't happen, seeing as I can be confirmed). I am a PR, so. This is getting kind of ridiculous.

Even
without
me in this setup, it seems like it's probably townsided. So yeah, one of the power role claims is lying.

On the other hand, it's also likely that the mafia is relatively powerful considering that we have an encryptor flip.

popcorn to hiphop.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”