Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Neruz »

It's possible the PR claims are real, so far most of the claimed PR's have been fairly weak with the strongest being Watcher.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Thomith »

a bodyguard with a watcher can be devistating if they are on the same side, and i still think 6 power roles on towns side is overpowered in a mini normal and doubt it would be accepted unless scum had some insane power roles but that is just me, it could be true as giving scum day talk can be like giving them an extra member if used properly. I think at least one of the power claims are probably scum powers as i personally feel 6 powers to town is a little exessive in a mini.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Neruz »

Watcher is a reasonably powerful role which becomes less powerful the more active roles are in the game. Watcher + Bodyguard is reasonably potent, exactly how potent depends on exactly how the Bodyguard's action works (whether or not the watcher would see the killer target the Bodyguard on a successful protect), but isn't even close to as powerful as a Doc + Cop combination or a Doc + Vig or even a a Cop + Vig, all of which are fairly common.

I could buy a Watcher + Bodyguard + Odd Vig + Even Jailkeeper + another weak role or two. A 'major' PR claim at this juncture would be quite suspicious, but even then given that we know that at the very least the scum had an Encryptor so it's entirely possible this is a high power game on both sides. High power doesn't neccessarily unbalance the game, just makes it more swingy and harder to predict.

It depends on exactly what the claims are. If we get a Cop and a Doc claim then yeah, that's a bit much even for a high power game. If we get anorther even\odd pair or a tracker or something then i'd probably buy it for now.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Thomith »

i think it was imp who claimed to have a power but wouldnt claim because it wouldnt be good for their power, this seems to be claiming a powerful power role which would be too much for a power heavy game.

VOTE: weirdvoigts This is mainly a gut read right now, however they are seemingly trying to make me look scummy because i was focusing on things at hand rather than going "OH HEY GUYS, LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT COMPLETELY AND VOTE FOR VOIDED, THANKS"

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Neruz »

We won't know unless he claims it. I can't think of any normal PR that wouldn't work if he claims it but is fine if he claims it on day 4, i mean there is no way in hell if he is town he's going to survive till day 4
now
, i cannot possibly see scum taking that chance.

If he doesn't claim, i'd be willing to push a policy lynch on him. We've massclaimed, info is out in the open now, town have nothing to gain by trying to keep secrets. Yes this mass claim is really early, but it's too late to take it back now.

Also, seeing as we have a claimed bodyguard and a claimed watcher it's going to be extremely difficult for scum to sucessfully kill a strong power role anyway. If Implosion claims something better than Watcher then he can get bodyguarded and the watcher can watch implosion. Scum can't kill him because that'll just kill the bodyguard, so they have to start with the watcher, which means implosion survives until day 4 anyway.

If scum has an RB they can cockblock implosion, but if they have an RB they're probably going to do that anyway given his claim. Seriously, implosion, you need to fucking claim properly.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Thomith »

If implosion claims something better than watcher then someone is lying about being a town power role and is probably a scum power role or goon.

I still don't see how a bodyguard doesnt work with an even night JK but that is just me, if imp doesnt claim he looks like oppertunistic scum trying to live to day 4.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Neruz »

Bodyguard is a role that protects, Jailkeeper is a role that protects, two protecting roles in a mini game is a little abnormal.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Banshee »

@Neruz:
You have not claimed yet, have you?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 am

Post by Thomith »

Neruz wrote:Bodyguard is a role that protects, Jailkeeper is a role that protects, two protecting roles in a mini game is a little abnormal.

But an Even night JK does make a little more sence with a odd night vig then a bg does, although a watcher makes more sence with a bg so that goes nowhere, i think there have been minis with 2 protection roles though, however i don't know how true that is.

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Banshee »

Thomith wrote:
Neruz wrote:Bodyguard is a role that protects, Jailkeeper is a role that protects, two protecting roles in a mini game is a little abnormal.

But an Even night JK does make a little more sence with a odd night vig then a bg does, although a watcher makes more sence with a bg so that goes nowhere, i think there have been minis with 2 protection roles though, however i don't know how true that is.

The difference would be that the odd night vig is confirmed to be true. No other roles have been, but EB's claim makes far more sense in conjunction with Beck's. However, if the scum have a day rolecop and daytalk they could have potentially investigated Beck during Day One, framed a complementary claim and then pushed his lynch unsuccessfully and so shot him last night.

It's possible, but to me it seems pretty unlikely.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Neruz »

Banshee wrote:@Neruz:
You have not claimed yet, have you?

I'm pretty sure i claimed VT when i was about to be lynched.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Neruz »

Banshee wrote:
Thomith wrote:

The difference would be that the odd night vig is confirmed to be true. No other roles have been, but EB's claim makes far more sense in conjunction with Beck's. However, if the scum have a day rolecop and daytalk they could have potentially investigated Beck during Day One, framed a complementary claim and then pushed his lynch unsuccessfully and so shot him last night.

It's possible, but to me it seems pretty unlikely.

Lot
of if's there. Unless we get a claim that ovbiously and clearly contradicts another, it's reasonable to assume that they are probably all legit for now.

A lot hinges on what Implosion claims, or flips if he refuses to. BG + Watcher is a sensible combination, Even vig + odd JK is a sensible combination, throw in another low to mid strength town PR and a maf PR, perhaps the day role cop like you said, along with the encyptor and yeah that's a reasonable setup. Swingy, but reasonable.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Thomith »

I honestly doubt there would be 6 PR's in a mini and they were all town, i am not doubting that these power roles are possible i am doubting they are all town sided but i don't know if i want to lynch a power role right now, implosion should claim along with the other person who didnt claim their power unless i missed something, as it might help us piece things together.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

***ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION***

Implosion was tired. Tired of the suspicion, tired of the accusations thrown at him. None of them were as strong as him, none of them had his courage. He sat, and he brooded, as accusations flew.

Finally he couldn't take it anymore. Finally, it was too much. He leapt to his feet, and ran out of the house, laughing. The other children followed, scared, confused, angry. Outside, Implosion grabbed the hem of his shirt, and ripped it over his head.

"A fairy? Me? Do you think the fae could do
this
?"

The children and the fae impostors alike stand, awestruck. Staring at Implosion. Staring at the fresh blood and old clots on his chest, the dark lines running under the skin, the criss-cross of wounds and pieces of metal. Staring at the dozens of nails he had carefully driven into his skin.

"See? I'm a really me. I'm really me. I'm really me."

Implosion threw back his head and laughed, body falling backwards into the snow. Was this a solution? The children looked at each other. Looked at the spiraling black in Implosions veins. Even without knowing the signs of blood poisoning, they knew that wasn't good. They thought about driving the nails into their own bodies.

Then as one, they turned, and walked back inside, leaving Implosion outside, laughing. His chant followed them, long after it had the right to, the words filtering in: "Really me... really me... really me..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Implosion
is a
Town-Aligned Innocent Child.

Vote Count 2.1

Ellibereth(0) -

Banshee(0) -

Evil Bullet(0) -

hiphop(0) -

implosion(0) -
RainbowDash
Neruz(0) -
implosion
Llamarble(0) -
Neruz
Rainbowdash(0) -
Banshee
Thomith (0) -
Weirdvoights, hiphop
weirdvoigts(0) -
Llamarble, Thomith

Not Voting (10) -
Ellibereth, Evil Bullet,

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch

Current VLAs

~none~

Prod/Replacement Status

~Everyone is within posting guidelines~

Deadline

The day will end in:
(expired on 2011-09-13 14:00:00)
Last edited by GreyICE on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Neruz »

Ah, that'll do it.

Yeah i don't know why you were hiding that with a claimed bodyguard and watcher implosion. I really don't.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Neruz »

Also holy shit that is way too much town power, i'll bet my hat that there's scum in one of our PR's.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Ellibereth »

REFERENCE
I'll be thinking and reevalling starting today.

Elli - VT
Banshee - VT
Neruz - VT
Llama - VT
Thomith - VT
wierd - VT
*Sleuth - VT

Bullet - Even Jailkeep
hiphop - Watcher
Rainbow - Bodyguard
*Beck - Odd Vig

imp - Inno Child

Voided - Maf Encrypt
FLASH OF GREEN
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Thomith »

That is too much claimed town power, innocent child, bg, watcher, odd night vig, even night JK i think there was another but idk.

Someone is lying about being a power role i think, although i don't know what power is unlikely town out of the above.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Neruz »

Yeah, even jailkeep, odd vig, watcher, bodyguard and innocent child is too much.

Note that someone might not be lying about their
role
, just their alignment. Watcher or Even Jailkeeper could be scum roles, actually the Even Jailkeeper, in light of the Odd Vig, would be a fiendishly cunning scum role which given it's GreyICE is right up his alley.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Thomith »

i dont know which of them could be scum though, maybe EB because of what you think of grey but that is a bad reason to lynch him imo,
none of them made the "i am a town (power role here)" which scum usually tend to make, i cant see a scum bodyguard but that is just me, however i see no way scum would benifit from having a bodyguard.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Neruz »

Scum bodyguard with a vig and SK would make sense, not so much with just an odd vig, so i'm inclined to believe that claim for now. I doubt we have an SK both due to not enough kills and too many PR claims; SK's usually don't want to claim a PR other than Vig, too much attention.

I agree, it's not enough to lynch on alone, but i think it's enough to warrent a second look at EB at the very least.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Neruz »

Actually natch that, normal bodyguard for scum would be stupid since the person who nightkilled would know who they targeted and thus get two scum with one kill. EB could make sense, but a normal protecting role like Doc or Jailkeeper would make more sense.

So yeah, ponies claim, assuming it's true, is town.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Llamarble »

While we think there's a scum in the claimed PRs, we also KNOW there's scum in the VTs, so I think we get rid of the VTscum first due to not-wanting-to-lynch-town-power etc.
Make sense?
Also it's not at all IMPOSSIBLE for all those roles to be town considering no top tier (cops doctors masons or full vigs / JKs / JOATs) power.
& scum had daytalk.
I think Neruz is scum.
Fake hammer shenanigans are exactly the sort of thing scum are more likely to coordinate with a QT.

VOTE: Neruz
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Banshee »

I think it's better to thin the VT crowd personally. There are five powerroles (counting Implosion) and two of those are confirmed. The VT claims are Llamarble, Neruz, Thomith, Elli, WeirdVoigts and me. (Sleuth would have been one too.) We have one scum down.

Some of these powerroles are potentially confirmable (though I'm sort of distracted at the moment, I can try to work out how later on, or someone else can do it). My personal preference for a lynch would be Llamarble because I think he's scum. But if we can figure out a way to confirm or deny the three still living powerrole claims, we can afford to do a sacrifice lynch of a VT to try to keep the town powerroles intact.

I'll even volunteer if that turns out to be the way things need to go. I still would rather lynch Llamarble though.

Ninja'd. I don't think Neruz is scum. Not going along with that lynch.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Llamarble »

I'll reread Thomith, but right now I've got Neruz or perhaps WV with a chance of Banshee on my lynch forecast for today.
Elli has achieved even more AWESCUM than usual if he's guilty.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”