Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Thomith »

bodyguard just doesnt work as scum, so for now i believe the bg claim, watcher and even night JK do make sence as scum, even night JK works with an odd night vig and watcher does work with bg if they are on the same side, so i am inclined to believe that every claimed power is real, however i am unsure that EB's claim is a town power and seeing what the other powers are claimed to be in play, although i guess it is possible for all of these to be town but scum would need some insane powers, (or 4+ scum members) but i kind of doubt that.

The above does make sense, but what neruz has been doing today has seemed very pro-town, although i guess the above is a possibility, so i semi agree with banshee who just ninja'd me.

I would prefer a weird lynch as they seem to be voting on impulse and explaining reasons after they performed an action, rather then when they perform that action which reads scum to me.
I would prefer a VT lynch today rather than risk being wrong by lynching a PR.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 am

Post by GreyICE »

The functionality of all mini normal roles, as stated in the OP, is described here:

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... _Game_FAQs
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

So I am on Implosion for the rest of the game. Hiphop is on me. EB roams around in the VTs. Makes it simple.

unvote

Will figure this out tonight. Really tempted to vote EB though, and hiphop still does bug me after the IC.

Scum have to have something else beasty, although the strength of the encryptor really depends on how good the scum ponies are. I would trade an entire goon slot for an encryptor depending on who else was scum.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:15 am

Post by implosion »

So. In a nutshell, here's why EB is town.
Look at the claimed power roles: watcher, innocent child, bodyguard, even night jailkeeper, odd night vig. If the town has a watcher, an innocent child, a bodyguard, and an odd night vig, then what use do the scum get from an even night jailkeeper?

It's completely useless against the innocent child and odd night vig. It could stop the watcher, but it could also be seen by the watcher. It could stop the bodyguard, but the bodyguard is weak anyway.

Here's why I think it's possible that the PRs are all real. Assuming they are, the setup has a lot of weak protective roles, and an innocent child. The bodyguard can stop one kill on me, the jailkeeper can stop every other kill on me (if i were to somehow be outed day one). And the watcher could see something happen, but frankly, it doesn't fit in as well... hrm.

If a power role claimant is fake, it's probably hiphop. A scum watcher in this setup would actually make a lot of sense. It could weaken the ultra-synergistic JK/vig combo, and watch the innocent child to see what visits them if they were to claim.

As for Rainbowdash, three things. First of all, bodyguard has synergy with innocent child, but not overpoweredly so. Second, I still think rainbow has in general been towntelling. Third, it's perfectly possible that the scum (and this could be a crackpot theory) decided to watch RD instead of killing (if hiphop is scum) to try to get power roles.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 am

Post by implosion »

oh. a scum watcher would also make sense with a mafia encryptor. The third scum would
probably
be a goon in that case.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:18 am

Post by implosion »

Also, a little ironic note: I was kind of softclaiming bodyguard earlier. sort of. I was going for either bodyguard or just some generic role that can be confirmed later when I was saying I'd claim day four. I also considered a bunch of gambits like claiming 1 shot PGO or claiming a weird role that would die at the beginning of day four (and I would then claim for real at the beginning of day four) but with the claimed power roles, it made more sense to just claim.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Thomith »

rainbow wrote:Really tempted to vote EB though,

I think (and i know others have stated something like this) that it is a bad idea to lynch a power claim today, i would find it alot safer to lynch from the pool of VT's today as i doubt all the scum are roaming in the PR claims and imo would benefit town more to mislynch a VT than to mislynch a PR assuming we do mislynch, and like i said before some scum may be trying to hide behind a VT claim while PRs vote the hell out of each other.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Thomith »

on another note my activity levels will go down a little due to school re-starting for me tommurrow, and me starting some of the coursework for my GCSE which will be happening sometime next June.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 am

Post by implosion »

Watcher + IC might also be a bit overpowered on their own... meh. I think hiphop is a scum watcher. With one of the vt claims, obviously. it just makes the setup make more sense.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 am

Post by implosion »

Oh yeah, other fun note: it kind of annoyed me, Rainbow, when you put me on your town list :p. I started lurking probably a bit more than i otherwise would have in an attempt to get off of it.

Also, I honestly think I should have looked scummy after voided flipping scum. His interactions with me and my interactions with him make sense to me if I didn't know my own alignment with me as his scumbuddy.

(of course I wouldn't be saying this if i wasn't confirmed town, so)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote WV

EB - I rethought some stuff, you are on implosion tonight with a town flip, along with me. With a scum flip go block some random VT.
You don't earn
loyalty
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Banshee »

Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote WV

EB - I rethought some stuff, you are on implosion tonight with a town flip, along with me. With a scum flip go block some random VT.

How is this going to be helpful?

Who do you want hiphop to watch?

Do you have any opinion on the several misstatements I pointed out by Llamarble? What's the case against WeirdVoigts anyway?

@hiphop: What is your opinion of Llamarble?

@Llamarble: What is your opinion of hiphop?

Neither one of you has said much about the other, though you've spoken a couple of times in thread. I'm curious to know your reads on each other.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Llamarble »

What misstatements?

I think Hiphop's probtown by watcher-ness, but yeah I haven't deepread him.

We're lynching VTs until we get a scumbag though anyway.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Banshee »

Banshee wrote:Llamarble's reaction was interesting, though. Immediate insistence on my death followed WITHIN THREE MINUTES with some friendly advice to me as a townie. And this is a direct and provable lie:

Llamarble wrote:I for one advocated massclaim partially because of Banshee's odd-night-investigator softclaim.

Since he posted THIS before I made any comment about the scum being scared of an odd-night investigator.

Llamarble wrote:WV can go next. Bansheescum, we're now up to 4 claimed roles, which is starting to feel like a lot.
That's why I want to just go ahead; I had EB as somewhat role-cleared but if he's actually role-obvscum I want to know.
Scum already know enough to direct their NKs etc.

Why lie about that, Llamarble? And what changes your mind about me as scum who must die and town who needs coaching in THREE MINUTES TIME?

Why lie about what motivated you to advocate massclaim? What caused this confusion over your motivation?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Llamarble »

I remembered you as softclaiming, so when you claimed VT I was like OKAY DIE NOW.
Then it wasn't as clear and I was extremely annoyed with you for ambiguous-half-softclaiming and told you not to do it anymore.

I misremembered who all the softclaims came from that made me claim originally, but when you did too it certainly was added to 'reasons massclaiming is a good idea' in my mind.
I obviously wouldn't lie about that even as scum, so you're being stupid.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Banshee »

You're the one misremembering and misrepresenting the facts, and yet the one who points it out to you is stupid?

You realise that misrepresenting motives is one of the most reliable scumtells and is almost exclusively practiced by scum over town. Additionally, you were able to ascertain within THREE minutes that I wasn't one of the ones softclaiming and post your second post? That would make you an awfully fast reader, I think. Maybe a little TOO fast.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Ellibereth »

ok
so
No way in hell all the PR's are town
all the syngergy blahblahstuff is stupid.
Like, "working together" isn't a good reason.
The closest we can come to outguessing the mod is that the settup isn't "unbalanced" but by the looks of it, it's fucking swingy.

So, anyway, powerole confirmableness is second degree since lolscum lying about that that shit is lolscum.
Whole point is that we can arrange them onto each other in a away that's all happy and happy.
so before I even think who's scum and who's not and who's what.
Hip -> Rainbow -> Evil -> Imp is the natural sort of connection assuming everyone is truthy and all that.

hmmmmmmmmma
readwise
llama's banshee softclaim is meh to me.
Only ALARMBELL is that she's from an era from two year's ago? And the meta for random wierd softs then was pre-Fate and all that, butt her posts are town.
okay
now
more readwise
later
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Ellibereth »

wait me wrong
hip -> evil -> rainbow -> imp is better?
wait nvm evil would lock the body guard away blah
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Banshee wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
Vote WV

How is this going to be helpful?

Who do you want hiphop to watch?

Im probably being overprotective of implosion since thats the one role that obviously is real. I guess though it would require hiphop-scum to kill himself to get to implosion while clearing me in the process.

I guess just JKing a VT regardless is the right move.

Do you have any opinion on the several misstatements I pointed out by Llamarble? What's the case against WeirdVoigts anyway?

Llama is on a shortlist of mine, thats for sure. I just see the ignoring of VM for a long period of time, then the very quick shuffle of following VMs case followed by the case on him. Not showing up on VM the first pass through but jumping the EB and Beck wagons, just think its a good scum bet there. Then all the gut that keeps saying that he is scum.
You don't earn
loyalty
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Ellibereth »

why wouldn't he jk imp >.>
FLASH OF GREEN
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Llamarble »

Lying's only "one of the most reliable scumtells" when it isn't OBVIOUS that the person simply made a mistake.

3 minutes is long enough to realize that the post I had recorded mentally as a softclaim may have been poorly timed sarcasm instead.

Yeah Evil's not roleblockable so he probably goes on Imp, and Hip watches Evil and rainbow BGs hip. Or something.

10 people left
lynch -> 9
Kill on Rainbow -> 8
lynch -> 7
Kill on hiphop -> 6
lynch -> 5
kill on evil -> 4
Lynch -> 3
So we can make scum kill all the claimed PRs in a row if they want to get rid of implosion depending what power scum have.
And we can SHENANIGANS to make scum have to go through probability hoops to actually accomplish that kill-list.
Basically we should only lynch VTs.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Llamarble »

TABLED FOR NOW:
EB
Rainbow
Hiphop

TOWN:
Implosion
Llama
Ellibereth

Probtown:
Thomith

Possiblescum:
Banshee

SCUM:
Neruz
Weirdvoigts
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Banshee »

@Evil Bullet:
I want an explanation of why you said you thought I was scum earlier and then never returned to explain that comment. You've been awfully silent lately.

@Llamarble:
There's a distinct difference between a mistake about the flow of the game and a mistake about one's own motivations, especially when the second kind serves to cast suspicion on someone else. I think you're a smart enough player to know the difference between the two.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Ellibereth »

i haven't been following closesly
what's the whole llama banshee deal
I know it's realted to his thinking you softclaimed etc.
FLASH OF GREEN
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Llamarble »

I supported massclaim because there were softclaims everywhere.
I forgot that yours was not one of the three before massclaim but rather came during it.
Unfortunately I think you're enough of a derp not to lynch you for pushing this BS.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”