Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Neruz »

All this undesreved praise from Llama is making me feel warm and fuzzy.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1700, Neruz wrote:All this undesreved praise from Llama is making me feel warm and fuzzy.

It's only praise if you're scum. You realise that, yeah?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Neruz
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Neruz »

EBWOP: Before i go to bed, Llama, as a piece of information for you for any future games we are in where i am actually scum for a change, i will
never
kill someone who is gunning for me and trying to get me lynched if there is any other possible option.
Waaaay
too risky. If he's making legitimate points as to why i look scummy then killing him will only cause the other town members to notice those points as they reread his posts to look for connections to explain the night kill, if he's not making legitimate points then killing him will only draw attention to me anyway. Seriously, bad idea right there, much safer to kill someone else who has no real interaction with anyone, or, better yet, kill someone who has strong negative reactions to another townie and watch the town tear itself apart.

For someone who you apparently think is sufficienty competant at mafia to not make errors or suffer lapses in attention in a boring game, you seem to think that my scum game is transparently one-dimensional. Can't really blame you though since no-one here has ever seen my scum game.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 1701, Banshee wrote:
In post 1700, Neruz wrote:All this undesreved praise from Llama is making me feel warm and fuzzy.

It's only praise if you're scum. You realise that, yeah?

UNVOTE:

And just like that you're back on the VI wagon.

Seriously, you get all upset about me 'calling you names' and then you go and make posts like this. I'm not sure if you lack language comprehension or just operate on an alien set of logic but whatever it is it bears no resemblance whatsoever to any known form of reason.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Banshee »

Is it the comment you object to, or the vote that you mind?

It's fine that you called me a VI; I'm in good company with half the rest of the town in this game, according to you. And then, I can just consider the source and the lame excuses you've made for your own derptastic play. My feelings aren't hurt.

If you're town, why are you flailing so desperately with just three votes on you? We were talking about Thomith's play changing under pressure, but it's NOTHING to what you're demonstrating right here.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Llamarble »

Neruz hardly mentioned Voided or Hiphop D1 except to call hiphop town and drop a "hammer" on voided.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Banshee »

I don't agree with you, Llamarble. Neruz interacted with and about Voided a TON before the end of Day One. And he also knows what a chainsaw defense is, just to be clear on that in case he forgets later.

In post 6, Neruz wrote:VOTE: Voidedmafia for trying to ruin everyone's fun.

In post 84, Neruz wrote:
Evil Bullet wrote:
Neruz wrote:Wow, i go to sleep and wake up to
this?

Not sure what he's referring to...

I went to sleep after Thomith and Voidedmafia had each overreacted to the other a bit and generally been either slightly scummy or mildly stupid. I come back to discover they set off a resonance cascade of ever escalating absurdity over the next three pages.
VOTE: Thomith for scummy reaction to early pressure.
FOS: Voidedmafia
for taking Thomith's overreaction and running with it like an opportunistic scum.

One of these two is probably scum, possibly both if one is third party. I can't see two townies having that interaction with each other.

Beck wrote:You unvote void because you like him as a town read so you don't want your vote on him

I have no fucking clue where you got that from. I unvoted void because i felt like it and it was still RVS.

In post 91, Neruz wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:@Neruz - Explain how the exchange between Thomith and VM cannot come from town v town

I cannot, such absolutes do not exist in Mafia.

In post 101, Neruz wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
Neruz wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:@Neruz - Explain how the exchange between Thomith and VM cannot come from town v town

I cannot, such absolutes do not exist in Mafia.

Fine. Explain why the exchange between Thomith and VM "probably" cannot come from town v town.

Being snide will get you nowhere.

Because i cannot imagine a town mindset that would result in an escalating shouting match to that degree. The kind of fear that leads one to attempt to back-justify like that does not come from town, in my experience.

In post 179, Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:
Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:p.1 - voided clearly missed where hip said Thom was always scum and thom replied back showing he hasn't always been scum, clearly it wasn't a claim and anyone who actually thinks it was isn't looking at the big picture, so that would be specifically voided and
neuru

What?!
Where the fuck did i say i thought Thomith was claiming scum.

My god, how do people who cannot read english manage to sign up for Mafia games on an english forum.

ok please don't insult my intelligence again, it's obvious you think he is scummy for what he was saying because of this

Neruz wrote:
I'll be honest Thomith, you've scored a few scum points in that little alitercation.

VOTE: hiphop for having a name that is similar to hiplop.

sure you didn't SAY it, but you sort of IMPLIED it because you thought he was scummy.

I can readed da engrish gooder

Clearly not. Thomith scored scum points because he overreacted to Voidedmafia's pressure.

When you say someone has done something, do check to make sure they
actually did it.
Otherwise you just look like lying scum and any attempts to correct yourself just look like covering your ass.

In post 186, Neruz wrote:EBWOP: And for those of you who are apparently incapable of understanding basic mafia concepts, Thomith scored a few scum points because he took Voided's joke about him 'claiming scum' seriously. Townies
typically
don't react defensively to jokes like that, it was a small thing and in RVS so i didn't see any reason to take it particulary seriously yet, townies are capable of being jumpy too and it wasn't like he'd overreacted crazily and turned the entire thing into a four page discussion.

Yet.

In post 344, Neruz wrote:Wait.
Hang on.

Beck, if scum talking wasn't on your mind when you made the comment about Voided's response being coached, how exactly were you expecting Voided to get coaching on his responses?

In post 355, Neruz wrote:
Beck wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:who coached who in game?

It looked like rainbow spoke, and void listened and accepted her posts with no real feedback. Maybe coaching was the wrong phrase but void's responses just didn't feel natural to me.

Yeah, that's not coaching, that's sheeping. Coaching would be if rainbow told void what to do.

In post 522, Neruz wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I don't care about scumvibes
well I do, that's natural, and it's nice that you quoted. Gut is just gut.
What I don't get is the 'Viey' part of things you brought up.
What's 'Viey' there. At all. And don't say stubborness.

Um, that would be the blind stubbornness? Voided gave reasoning for most of the things Beck brought up, Beck responded with what basically amounted to 'no ur wrong'. That's pretty standard VI territory there.

I do find it interesting how fast you chainsawed me though.

In post 715, Neruz wrote:Oh, did i forget to answer that. Meh.

A chainsaw defence is when a mafia player attacks a non-mafia player who is attacking his scumbuddy.

In post 720, Neruz wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Okay
Take away flips
Player A attacks Player B for his bad attack on Player C.
Then what.

I'd also you didn't anwser and just voted Voided.
Thomith isn't happening, he's bullet bait.

If C doesn't defend himself and lets A do all the work then that is a pretty strong scumtell for C.

I will vote voided if and only if we are in the last 24 hours and there are no other possible lynch candidates and not one moment sooner.

In post 775, Neruz wrote:Why the hell has voided refused to claim when he was put at L-1? Suddenly i don't see a good reason to not lynch him right the hell now.

In post 783, Neruz wrote:Here voided. Where are you, my itchy hammer finger is hanging here.

In post 791, Neruz wrote:*Shrug* Doesn't matter to me. If ponies are a DV then they're probably town and there's no rush on that information, if ponies aren't a DV and were messing about or referring to her supposed voting bloc as i suspect then i honestly don't care.

VOTE: Voidedmafia

No clue if that's actually the hammer since Grey's votecount is pretty messed up. But i'm going to sleep now. Night.

In post 1020, Neruz wrote:
Banshee wrote:No, I'm going in a different direction altogether, if that wasn't the hammer. I've had more time to read and think and I'm pretty confident in this vote.

UNVOTE: VOTE: VoidedMafia

Goddamnit Banshee,
EB has admitted to deliberately attempting to hammer a town read.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Llamarble »

Hiphop's more invisible than Voided in Neruz's ISO and doesn't appear aside from a couple "Hiphop's town whee!"s.
Neruz what do you think of hiphop now?

Not many of those posts with voided in them are very stompy/notable/important etc.
Voided's name appears but real 'interaction' only happens in a couple of them.

But now that you point them out:
Scum RVS each other slightly more often than random because they do it closer to 50% than 25%
Which makes RVS voting for scum a decent scumtell.

I'll never vote voided except 24 hours remain blah blah
-> trigger finger itchy claim or I'll hammer
-> fakehammer
-> vote somebody else
Is interesting.

VOTE THOMITH FOS GUY WHO IS VOTING THOMITH FOR THE SAME REASON I AM... ???
Sounds Fos scumbuddy vote townie to me.

Also Neruz, it's become pretty clear that Thomith <3s nitpicking minor stuff like mind-changes.
I'm pretty sure he does that as town too. So why are you HE MUST DIE again? (that seemed to be your reason previously)

And finally "WTF ARE YOU DOING NOT ON VOIDED'S COUNTERWAGON A@GDSRD"
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote Count 2.5

Ellibereth(0) -

Banshee(0) -

Evil Bullet(1) -
Thomith,
hiphop(1) -
WeirdVoights
implosion(0) -

Neruz(3) -
implosion, Llamarble, Banshee,
Llamarble(1) -
Evil Bullet,
Rainbowdash(0) -

Thomith (2) -
hiphop, Neruz,
weirdvoigts(1) -
RainbowDash,

Not Voting (1) -
Ellibereth,

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch

Current VLAs

~none~

Prod/Replacement Status

~Everyone is within posting guidelines~

Deadline

The day will end in:
(expired on 2011-09-13 14:00:00)
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Thomith »

llama wrote:minor stuff like mind-changes.

If it was a mind change then why did he say he wanted my lynch and then later said he was against it, those are two opposites both stated in one post, that is not "minor stuff"
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

unvote
Vote Neruz

Ok then. I can go with the lynch of the pony who works with just about everypony else.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Banshee »

@Thomith: Because he was doing a catch-up post and reading a great number of posts all at once in a row.

It is normal to have one read on someone and then change that read as they do more and more scummy things or even when they do something townie.

This is not a scumtell for EB. It is, if anything, a towntell because it shows that he didn't edit his thoughts as he recorded them and that he provided them unedited when he posted.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Llamarble »

I'm still not entirely made-up-mind between WV & Neruz, and would appreciate some more thoughts about which one will flip scum.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Llamarble »

WV is kinda pulling an operation lurk the wagon away.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Banshee »

@EVERYONE:

Neruz is currently at L-2 by my count. It is ESSENTIAL that the PRs coordinate how they're going to handle the night actions (I don't care how they do it, but they have to agree about it) before we hammer or we won't get anything close to enough information from the night.

Please don't hammer before this happens. And PRs, please do this ASAP just in case.

I realise this warning is probably not necessary, but I'm paranoid. Sorry!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Thomith »

Fine whatever i guess my original thought was wrong but dang i still find it weird UNVOTE: though as i am probably wrong on this.

I thought they already gave 2 plans unless i missed something?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

If anypony thinks I will ever protect anypony but implosion they need to think again.

I would say hiphop coinflips me and implosion while EB coinflips implosion and a VT to increase odds of busting hiphop, blocking kill and keeping me alive.

If we lynch scum implosion is on a VT though.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Llamarble »

Yes, I agree RD always always protects implosion.
RD's plan sounds good in general.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1716, Rainbowdash wrote:If anypony thinks I will ever protect anypony but implosion they need to think again.

I would say hiphop coinflips me and implosion while EB coinflips implosion and a VT to increase odds of busting hiphop, blocking kill and keeping me alive.

If we lynch scum
implosion
EB is on a VT though.

You meant to say this, yes?
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Banshee »

Just because I think it's funny, while we wait for the rest of the PRs to chime in. (Hey, I just reread the whole game so I feel entitled to some amusement.)

In post 172, Neruz wrote:My god, how do people who cannot read english manage to sign up for Mafia games on an english forum.

In post 186, Neruz wrote:EBWOP: And for those of you who are apparently incapable of understanding basic mafia concepts...

In post 191, Neruz wrote:So, uh, good job stating the bleeding obvious there. My error for overestimating you.

In post 196, Neruz wrote:Which is wrong, and i'm making sure you are aware of that because you are apparently intellectually challenged.

In post 199, Neruz wrote:See, it's posts like these which is why i keep calling you an idiot. You clearly don't understand English at all despite your protests to the contrary... And if it wasn't for the fact that you have shown a distinct lack of comprehension when it comes to basic English, i'd think you were trying to create scumtells on me.

In post 234, Neruz wrote:I have zero tolerance for idiocy.

In post 514, Neruz wrote:Why am i getting these overwhelming scum feelings from reading Beck's posts? I can't find anything
especially
scummy there, only VIey, but i keep coming away with my gut screaming 'scuuuum, scuuuuuuuum'.

In post 833, Neruz wrote:There is no irony anywhere in this situation. You sir, are a fucking crime to the english language and after answering your question i will no longer speak with you.

In post 869, Neruz wrote:You're an idiot Llama.

In post 925, Neruz wrote:You're bad at mafia in general.

In post 1019, Neruz wrote:I just facedesked so hard my forehead has a keyboard shaped indentation on it.

In post 1040, Neruz wrote:I will take those words and a steel cactus and i will ram them down your throat with the cactus, your very presence in this universe actively detracts from the intelligence and sanity of every sentient being, the mere concept of your existence causes measurable harm to the intellectual processing ability of the entire species and the very idea that someone like you might possibly exist in any of the uncountable multiverses that splay across the infinite sea of possibility renders this game nearly impossible for the town to win you boneheaded retard.To everyone else, good night.

In post 1502, Neruz wrote:You can't target yourself stupid.

In post 1626, Neruz wrote:Eh, i'll be honest, i wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to the game.
In post 1685, Neruz wrote:Not really, i stopped paying attention to you awhile back when i decided you were probably a VI.

In post 1703, Neruz wrote:And just like that you're back on the VI wagon.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 am

Post by implosion »

ninja and strongman are impossible; they aren't explicitly normal, and we have a flipped encryptor.

And meh. I might be willing to lynch neruz.

meh.

lETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Mod, I'm voting weirdvoigts, not Neruz.

Also
Unvote

weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by weirdvoigts »

In post 1660, Banshee wrote:Llamarble - I don't know. I was pretty sure he was scum earlier.
Then he started arguing with me in a way I definitely associate with town.
I dunno. I'm going to put this at null. I don't like the sudden recent backhanded suspicion at Rainbow given his past play; that, to me, is the scummiest thing he's done lately since the reasoning he gave was reasoning that should have existed throughout the game, not just suddenly when he decided to bring it up.

Could you please expand on this?

In post 1699, Thomith wrote:
EB wrote:Why isn't she scum?

She posted a list to lynch with me on it, how would this make her scum?

First she said she wanted to lynch EB, and then 4 posts later, even though he hadn't posted, she changed her mind and dropped him off of her suspicions list. What do you think?

UNVOTE: hiphop
VOTE: Llamarble

I know I said earlier not to use associative tells without a flip, but I strongly feel that hiphop is scum. But since that isn't happening, we might as well lynch his buddy. Several recent posts point to a Llama/hiphop team:

In post 1674, Llamarble wrote:Maybe we should just lynch hiphop today...

In post 1712, Llamarble wrote:I'm still not entirely made-up-mind between WV & Neruz, and would appreciate some more thoughts about which one will flip scum.

He doesn't want to make it look like he's afraid to lynch hiphop, but he never follows through on #1674. He doesn't put out a feeler vote or ask anyone else if they'd support the wagon. Instead, he goes straight back to the VTs. Also, there is this, an EBWOP done two and a half hours after the first part. I feel like Llama is better than this, but it almost seems like his curiosity got the better of him:

In post 1679, Llamarble wrote:Also why am I "the best partner for hiphop?"
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by weirdvoigts »

Also, I just want to state for the record that I was willing to lynch the claimed watcher, whose role made perfect sense for scum, when we had too many PR claims. Everyone else (except Llama, who gets a free pass) is too concerned about failure, and not concerned enough about actually, well, lynching scum.

-bvoigt
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Banshee »

In post 1721, weirdvoigts wrote:
In post 1660, Banshee wrote:Llamarble - I don't know. I was pretty sure he was scum earlier.
Then he started arguing with me in a way I definitely associate with town.
I dunno. I'm going to put this at null. I don't like the sudden recent backhanded suspicion at Rainbow given his past play; that, to me, is the scummiest thing he's done lately since the reasoning he gave was reasoning that should have existed throughout the game, not just suddenly when he decided to bring it up.

Could you please expand on this?

Sure, I think so. I can't really make a lengthy post right now because I'm writing to a deadline, so if you need more it will need to wait til tomorrow.

I was pretty aggressive in attacking Llamarble and I argued with him pretty harshly. In my experience, scum tend to back down and become more conciliatory when someone attacks them because they're concerned about how they look to others. Llamarble didn't do that. I started with thinking Llamarble was obvscum, OBVIOUSLY. His responses to me made me reconsider that. His responses didn't change even when I pressured him just about as hard as I'm capable of.

I can get the quotes and things tomorrow if you still need and want them. Let me know.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Banshee »

EBWOP: Tomorrow real time. Not tomorrow as in the next game day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”