Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Its in the

hiphop/Neruz/WV pool for today

I lean Neruz

If hiphop is scum, he is a good pick.
If somehow hiphop AND EB are town, he is a great pick.

Hiphop is not a bad lynch though. Just if he is town its a 50-50 chance of him catching scum tonight.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1749, Neruz wrote:I forget, why are we just letting Ellibereth run around making posts like 1744 without any scrutiny?

because me reading this game is totally unnecessary at this point
FLASH OF GREEN
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1751, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 1749, Neruz wrote:I forget, why are we just letting Ellibereth run around making posts like 1744 without any scrutiny?

because me reading this game is totally unnecessary at this point

Yeah this.

Implosion is town
I am town
EB is town
Elli is town

In that order. Yes. That order.

That is four NKs for scum to deal with. In the meantime the other group (which I still want Banshee and maybe Thomith [if hiphop is scum] off it) is

Banshee
Llama
Neruz
Thomith
WV
Hiphop

Should be winnable either way but I want to get it done fast.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Llamarble »

At this point I think the scumteam is hiphop + WV.
But basically right now pretty much everybody is in agreement that hiphop is scum.
If we're wrong, that assumption is going to seriously screw with our ability to read other players well.
So we may as well test it now.

If I were scum I'd NK VTs and let the town lynch a PR or two for me anyway, so seeing a watcher-guilty isn't too likely anyway.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by implosion »

banshee is more town than ellibereth.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I disagree with you there, but I think they're both town so w/e.
Scum are one of Hiphop + EB + one of WV / Neruz/ Thomith.
And I also don't think Thomith or EB are scum.
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Evil Bullet »

Pros to lynching Llamarble: He's most likely to be scum out of the people I'm doing this for. Most of his ideas are ideas that the town can agree with in general. I mean all of us are just about arguing the same points, the same possible teams, sure our reads differ but in general there's at least two people agreeing with every important opinion so anything we stand to lose by lynching him if he were to flip town will probably be said by someone else.
Cons: He's got good content, if it is in fact pro town.

Pros to lynching Neruz: Pretty scummy player. Definitely deserves to die, we lynched scum D1 so we definitely have some mislynches to afford, the earlier the better, and we wouldn't lose much by way of helpful content.
Cons: Why lynch town when you can lynch scum? I really just don't see it.

Pros to lynching hiphop: Logic in the PR claims says he's scum. Another player whose content wouldn't be a horrific loss. Watcher isn't that great. We have me to kinda do his job on even nights at least. In the sense that we're both investigative roles in a way, although we function differently and him much moreso than me.
Cons: We have safe, risk free VT claims to lynch from.

Pros to WV: Another good lynch that isn't necessarily a scum lynch but even if not, would still be worth it.
Cons to WV: Hiphop and Llamarble make my scumdar ping. These guys don't.

I really wanna lynch a scum read. I'll only support hiphop and Llamarble.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Banshee »

@weirdvoigts:

Why did you not address the case made against Neruz at all and instead put up a countercase of your own without giving any indication you were aware of the Neruz case, which I believe was the main thing going on at the time you were reading over the game and posting?

This omission seems very odd to me. Was it deliberate?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1753, Llamarble wrote:At this point I think the scumteam is hiphop + WV.
But basically right now pretty much
everybody is in agreement that hiphop is scum
If we're wrong, that assumption is going to seriously screw with our ability to read other players well.
So we may as well test it now.

If I were scum I'd NK VTs and let the town lynch a PR or two for me anyway
, so seeing a watcher-guilty isn't too likely anyway.

You realise that you're advocating the plan that by your own statement you think the scum would be counting on?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Banshee »

@Neruz:

I thought about this at length and I'm confused about something.
You claim you only joined this game because you believed there would be three cult leaders and that GreyICE in fact assured you of that.

You claim that you no longer care anything about this game and that you're not paying attention because the mod lied to you and got you into the game under false pretences.

So why did you not replace out when you realised you'd been lied to? I don't think anyone would fault you for replacing out of a game that you were lured into under false pretences.

Additionally, if that is true why did you react so negatively and violently to a wagon forming on you? I would think you'd welcome being lynched if you were town, since you'd be out of this game that by your own admission you care nothing about and can't follow and want out of anyway. I know at this point I would be pleased at a wagon forming on me because at least it would be SOME sort of forward movement in this game.

Your actions don't make any sense if you are being truthful.
I don't think that you are.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 1759, Banshee wrote:You claim that you no longer care anything about this game and that you're not paying attention because the mod lied to you and got you into the game under false pretences.

No i don't. I claim that i'm not 100% invested in the game and that i'm not paying complete and total attention to the game. In both cases it is not because of GreyICE being a sneaky snake, but because the pace of the game is unbearably slow.

So, once again you are completely and utterly wrong in every concievable way, i'm pretty sure you currently have a perfect record in that!
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Banshee »

In post 1760, Neruz wrote:
No i don't. I claim that i'm not 100% invested in the game and that i'm not paying complete and total attention to the game. In both cases it is not because of GreyICE being a sneaky snake, but because the pace of the game is unbearably slow.

So, once again you are completely and utterly wrong in every concievable way, i'm pretty sure you currently have a perfect record in that!

Well, let's look at this.

You don't know who the nightkills are. You don't know that Implosion is an innocent child and therefore town. You believe that there would be not just one, not just two, but THREE cult leaders in a MINI NORMAL and you then whine about having been lied to by a big meanie mod because you apparently are too dense to realise that this is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ON MAFIASCUM...

You were wrong about VoidedMafia, you were wrong about Beck, not one of your reads has borne out in this entire game...

Yeah, maybe EB is right and you're just a VI. You've done nothing this game to deserve being treated as anything else.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Neruz »

It's interesting that you equate a lapse of memory to total ignorance. You have a very strange and absolute view of the world.

Also, if you're reducing to accusing me of
whining
then you're
really
scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Llamarble »

I suppose EB from your perspective hiphop is even more likely to be scum whereas the rest of us see some chance of him being town and you being scum.
So yepyep Join Us hehehe.

Banshee, my point was that we're probably going to lynch hiphop at some point, and if he's town he's not very likely to hand us a scumbag.
In general it's best to do lynches that are almost certain to happen first.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Thomith »

neruz wrote:they're probably trying to avoid my wagon.

even if the scum are smart wouldn't you think at least one would be on your wagon if you are town?

neruz wrote:is to make myself look like an easy lynch,

what do you mean by "easy lynch" i know what i think you mean but i want to know what you think you mean.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Banshee »

With the general activity level and degree of interest in this game, I don't really see a point to making a huge effort to make cases or whatever right now.

I'm just going to note that if WeirdVoigts or Neruz flips scum, it would probably be helpful to remember that when the wagon on Neruz was underway, WeirdVoigts didn't address or acknowledge that wagon at all but instead made a case on a different individual. This represented a significant change in WV's recent posting level and was odd in that generally people acknowledge leading wagons before beginning a counterwagon. In any case EB stopped Neruz's wagon cold so it doesn't end up mattering, but I hope someone would remember this if we get a flip on any of these people. It's a relatively good connection as scum connections go.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 1764, Thomith wrote:
neruz wrote:they're probably trying to avoid my wagon.

even if the scum are smart wouldn't you think at least one would be on your wagon if you are town?

I don't think so, too much uncertainty surrounding my lynch. If there was a rip-roaring wagon on me barreling towards a lynch then i'd absolutely expect there to be a scum or two on it, but the votes on me have sort of waffled on and then waffled off as everyone has run around going "Neruz is scum! No wait, that's silly. But wait, look here, scum! No, hang on, i take that back." Smart scum usually try to avoid wavering wagons because in order to join such a wagon without drawing attention you need to provide some good solid reasoning and that's very risky.

In post 1764, Thomith wrote:
neruz wrote:is to make myself look like an easy lynch,

what do you mean by "easy lynch" i know what i think you mean but i want to know what you think you mean.

An easy lynch is any townie who looks sufficiently anti-town that a reasonable case can be made on them by scum with a high expectation of getting a wagon going towards a lynch.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Thomith »

1) surely using the same WIFOMY reasons you just stated you could say smart scum would know what is expected of them and so will do the opposite

2) for example the three CL thing was you trying to draw people looking for an easy lynch to you?

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Llamarble »

Everybody's next post should be either a hiphop vote or a reason why they want to lynch somebody else instead.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Thomith »

bit pushy aren't you? How about you convince us why instead of telling us we have to vote for hiphop.

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 1767, Thomith wrote:1) surely using the same WIFOMY reasons you just stated you could say smart scum would know what is expected of them and so will do the opposite

It's a matter of risk vs reward. The risk in joining a wavering uncertain wagon with several outspoken opponents to said wagon is high, the reward is quite low, as i'm just a townie. It's a much safer and better play to either persue other interests or join in with the people who say i'm town, as should a lynch go through you get town credit for opposing the wagon, especially as after the fact the lynch will probably look pretty bad due to the conflict surrounding it.

Scum have a lot more to lose than town, good scum don't take risks unless they have to (of course, when they have to then they take some really outrageous risks. In for a penny, in for a pound.)

In post 1767, Thomith wrote:2) for example the three CL thing was you trying to draw people looking for an easy lynch to you?

No the cult thing was me believing GreyICE when i should have known better.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Llamarble »

Hiphop's role damningly makes him scum.
Hiphop's posting makes him scum.
Possible buddies are weirdvoigts and Thomith.
Let's do this.
EB should be voting Hiphop because he's practically 1v1 with him anyway.
Various other people need to put their money in their mouths.
And trying to lynch his buddies is going to lead us to really bad places if he isn't scum anyway.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Thomith »

llama wrote:Possible buddies are weirdvoigts and Thomith.

care to explain this accusation?

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Llamarble »

No. Let's just lynch him and see what he flips.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Thomith »

Because calling me his buddy then not stating why is totally going to make me do that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”