Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Andrius »

Because I knew hito wouldn't shoot me. <3 It was a gamble of course, but the extra dead townies were the extra firepower that now-Goon_Andy needed.
I was going to shoot him tonight because I needed him dead in the long-run, but the extra kill
would have been nice.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yeah, no, sorry.

Vote: Andrius
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Andrius »

Not like it matters but I haven't submitted the move in 2292.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Llamarble »

Nice.
I don't see anything else we can do today being too important; it might be worth watcherizing Maru but Hito's probably reloaded and I feel good about just going ahead.
VOTE: Andrius
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Llamarble »

That makes L - 1 I think.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Regfan »

Llarmarble, he claimed last scum and I believe him. CES is obvtown and Naut doesn't work as scum with him.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Llamarble »

I believe him too, but I did want to make sure we weren't leaving too much important stuff undone just in case.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Andrius »

Would it help you any if I told you I was the last one left, Llama?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Andrius »

HITO.
I SEE YOU POSTING.
COME ON NOW.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Andrius »

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:46 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote: Andrius
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

And so the noose comes full circle.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 5

*** Andrius ( 4 ) ***
Cogito Ergo Sum, Regfan, Llamarble, hitogoroshi,
(L - 0 )

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
(L - 4 )

Llamarble ( 0 )
(L - 4 )

Cogito Ergo Sum ( 0 )
(L - 4 )

Nautilius ( 0 )
(L - 4 )

Regfan ( 0 )
(L - 4 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) Andrius, Nautilius,
Total Votes ( 6 )
Needed to Lynch [ 4 ]

Deadline: Round 14

Andrius the Mafia Tunnel Digger was Lynched

TOWN WINS!

Thoughts:
1. The biggest change I would make instantly is giving Mafia extra chits. One of the problems with this game was that mafia was handcuffed by risking everything every time they tried to foil town plans.
2. Mafia losing two powerful roles at the beginning certainly didn't help.
3. I think the setup was reasonably well balanced. 5 scum would have meant seriously ratcheting down the scum powers, and I didn't think that would be as much fun as that would provide a fairly static game.
4. LLD had a tough job with the bodysnatcher role. Despite this, I thought the role was good. For anyone wondering, one of the potion room roles was the "architect" that revealed the existence of LLD's lair.
5. I was a little disappointed in how narrow the game board became. War Room, Potion Room, Campfire and even the security room were not utilized. That says to me that the design didn't adequately provide incentive to use those rooms. Should I run another game I'll probably trash the board and start anew.
6. The secluded villa, on the other hand, was ridiculous overused. I provided role incentives to go to the SV because I thought town wouldn't want players in the SV. But as it turned out lots of people got put in there.
7. Other than the mafia not having chits, the biggest structural problem with the game was actually the way I did rounds. It was far too time sensitive. If I run this again, I need to figure out a way to not have so many rounds and work in a different manner. For one thing, this would make my life as a mod easier. Posting 30-odd round reports with new maps is a pain in the neck.

So what did you guys think? Worth your time playing? If it were redone would you consider replaying? What do you wish I had done differently as a mod? What do you wish you had done differently as a player?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by zoraster »

1 Lady Lambdadelta Bodysnatcher
2 xReckonerx VT
3 hitogoroshi Town Vigilante
4 Fate VT
5 Nautilius (Elli+Nacho) Bodyguard
6 Baby Spice MDoor Closer+Vig
7 plum VT
8 iamausername Mafia Lawyer
9 Nicodemus Mafia Doctor
10 tclawren VT
11 Andrius Mafia Passage
12 Klazam Mason 2
13 Zajnet VT
14 Maruchan VT
15 Feysal Backup
16 Llamarble Sane Cop
17 Amrun VT
18 Regfan VT
19 Nobody Special Mason 1
20 Lost Butterfly (Mina+Faraday) VT

Town:
Town Players 7-15
Vanilla TownieYou are a vanilla townie.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits
on the first Day to spend. Please read the rules regarding moving carefully. Remember that blue chits must be spent on Rounds 1, 2 and 3, that green chits must be spent on Rounds 1-8 and red chits may be used on any round.

You have the power to vote to lynch. You win when all mafia and all third parties are dead.

Confirm by PM. You may access the thread here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=18881

---

Town VigilanteYou are a town vigilante. You start with a gun and a single bullet. At night you may shoot that bullet at any other player in the game. To reload your gun, you must visit the Secluded Villa. To buy another bullet (max 1 bullet) you must spend a chit. This works on the move schedule and can be insured.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits
on the first Day to spend. Please read the rules regarding moving carefully. Remember that blue chits must be spent on Rounds 1, 2 and 3, that green chits must be spent on Rounds 1-8 and red chits may be used on any round.

You have the power to vote to lynch. You win when all mafia and all third parties are dead.

Confirm by PM. You may access the thread here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=18881

---

Town CopYou are a town Sane Cop. Each night you may investigate any other player in the game. You will get a guilty result on mafia. You don't know what you'll get on third parties. You know that there are no framers in the game. However, you DO know that the mafia have a lawyer in their employ who can target a player to prevent you from getting a guilty result (i.e. you will receive a "not guilty" result).

You will become a vanilla townie and lose your power to investigate if one of three things occurs (you will flip VT as well):
1. You get two guilty results OR
2. At least two mafia have been eliminated.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---

Town BackupIf a town power role dies at night, you will gain their power. If multiple die at night, you will gain the power of the player that is closest to you in room. If you are in the SAME room as someone who dies, you will be given a choice of whether to accept their power or remain the backup. If there are multiple town power roles that die in the same room as you, you will be given the choice between those roles. Note: You do not back up those who are lynched or fried in the electric chair.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---

Town BodyguardYou are a town Bodyguard. Each night you may protect another player. If your action occurs before a negative action occurs to your target, the action will happen to you instead (e.g. if you're in the same room as your target and someone from a different room tries to kill your target, you will die instead).

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---

Town MasonYou are a town Mason with Nobody Special. Your mason powers will not be taken by the potion room, so if you enter the potion room for the first time, it will give you a power. You may talk at any time with your mason partner, who you know to be town, in the following QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/vGf5gvQVESL

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---

Town MasonYou are a town Mason with Klazam. Your mason powers will not be taken by the potion room, so if you enter the potion room for the first time, it will give you a power. You may talk at any time with your mason partner, who you know to be town, in the following QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/vGf5gvQVESL

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---
---
---

MAFIA

Mafia Passage DiggerYou are the Mafia Passage Digger. One night during the game you may dig a secret passage from one room to another. That will make a move from one of those rooms to the other a valid move. Any player may make that valid move, including town can use the passage during the day. At night, only the scum team may use the passage. During the day, any player may use the passage if they attempt that move. However, the passage will not be shown on the map.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

Factional

Your mafia team has a nightkill. This kill should be PMed to the moderator (do not simply put it in the QT) at night. Any player may submit the night kill, but unless you indicate otherwise, the player who submits the kill will carry out the kill. A player may carry out his night action AND the night kill unless stated otherwise.

Your team has a QT. You may talk in it at any time (day talk): http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/X23qXiuvZNh4

Mafia Move

Your mafia team gets a free move on Rounds 10, 11, 12, and two free moves on Round 14. Before each of these rounds, you may PM Zoraster with what move you want the team to make. Note: this does not cost chits, is not done by a single player (so is invisible to the Move Checker).

You have the power to vote to lynch. You win when all town and all third parties are dead.

---

Mafia DoctorYou are the Mafia Doctor. Each night you may PM the moderator with your target who you want to protect that night. If your action goes through BEFORE someone attempts to harm your target, your target will be unharmed. You may not target yourself.

INSTEAD OF
using the doctor power, you can ignore closed doors to carry out your factional kill (potentially getting to the target faster). You may
not
both protect and carry out the factional kill if you use this power. You must indicate to the moderator that you intend to use this power instead of your doctor power. If you do this, you will essentially trade in your Doctor ability for the ability to kill through doors at night. Once you use it, you may no longer use the doctor ability.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

Factional

Your mafia team has a nightkill. This kill should be PMed to the moderator (do not simply put it in the QT) at night. Any player may submit the night kill, but unless you indicate otherwise, the player who submits the kill will carry out the kill. A player may carry out his night action AND the night kill unless stated otherwise.

Your team has a QT. You may talk in it at any time (day talk): http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/X23qXiuvZNh4

Mafia Move

Your mafia team gets a free move on Rounds 10, 11, 12, and two free moves on Round 14. Before each of these rounds, you may PM Zoraster with what move you want the team to make. Note: this does not cost chits, is not done by a single player (so is invisible to the Move Checker).

You have the power to vote to lynch. You win when all town and all third parties are dead.

---

Mafia LawyerYou are the Mafia Lawyer. Each night you may target another player (but not yourself). If an investigative role targets your "client" after you protect your client, the investigative role will receive a "Not Guilty" result (whatever that means for the investigative role). Note: this only includes player power roles, but not results that come from room actions (e.g. security room).

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

Factional

Mafia Move

---

Mafia Door Closer and VigilanteYou are the Mafia Door Closer. Every night you may if you wish close a door in the room you are currently located. However, you may never close a door that would cut off access from the Nexus to the Door Control Room. So long as there is SOME valid route to the control room, closing the door is fine.

You are also the Mafia Vigilante. You have an old style pirate pistol, but no bullets. In order to get a bullet, you must go to the Secluded Villa and spend 5 chits. This works on the move schedule and can be insured. Once you have done this, the next night you may PM the moderator with a target to kill.

Pirate pistols take a long time to reload. It takes two nights to reload your pistol once you fire it (e.g. if you shoot on N2, you cannot shoot again until N5).

You may
not
both close a door and shoot your pistol. You may
not
both shoot your pistol and carry out the mafia factional kill.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

Factional

Mafia Move

---
---
---

THIRD PARTY

BodysnatcherYou are the bodysnatcher. You have a lair that is behind a secret passage to the north of the Secluded Villa.

Doors do not apply to you.

Actions

Each Night there are two possibilities: your lair's table is empty or it has someone on it. Your choices depend on this.

If your lair's table is empty you may:
-Kidnap any player still alive and bring him to your lair. You only have time enough to strap the player down to your table before heading back out again to the room you were previously in. Players that are kidnapped will be displayed as "disappeared." You are investigation immune while your lair is undiscovered. If a doctor protects your target, your kidnap will be redirected to the next closest target and kidnap that player.

If your lair's table has a player on it you may:
- Release the player and return him to the game (at the Secluded Villa if it is not full) and kidnap another player OR
- Torture the player, kill him, and dispose of the body.

Torturing a player will make the player give up his power to you.

Once you have acquired a power, you may use it as the player whose body you stole did. You may use this power in addition to your bodysnatching powers. The Potion room will neither give you powers nor take them away.

If your lair is discovered and entered, any player strapped to the table will be released in his current condition. At this point, you will pick up a gun and turn an ordinary Serial Killer who simply kills any player in the game at night. At this point, you are no long investigation immune.

You may PM the moderator with a message you want to send anonymously to your victim. Maybe they'll beg for their life!

Note: A player who is strapped to the table may still TALK, VOTE AND MOVE OTHERS AS NORMAL. The player may not, however, carry out any night action or move himself. They also may not be targeted by other players. They may not be lynched.

You win in one of two manners:
1. You collect two different power roles OR
2. You are the last player surviving.

If you win through method 1, you will be removed from the game when you win.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits

---
Bodysnatcher Kidnap VictimYou were just minding your business in your room when suddenly someone grabbed you from behind. You had just enough time to catch a glimpse of his or her black ski mask before the chloroform soaked rag covered your mouth and nose. When you awoke, you found yourself strapped down to a hard metal table with tight leather straps. Try as you might you couldn't move, so you spent your energy looking around the room for tools.

The room certainly didn't lack for those, but that was hardly reassuring. Several menacing looking implements that might not have been out of place in a dentist's office were on a cart next to you, but you couldn't reach it. When you lifted your head to look at the wall beyond your feet you noticed something truly disturbing: a collage of photos taken of you. The only reassuring thing was that your kidnapper left you with easy access to your computer, so you could contact the outside world.

Mod Note: You are currently strapped to a table in an unidentified room. This does not mean you are dead... yet. You can still talk in game. You may still vote to lynch. You may still make moves of other people (but not yourself, obviously). You may not, however, perform any power role actions. You may not be lynched (how would they manage that?) You will die of thirst if you are not released by the night you were kidnapped +3 (e.g. if it is Night 2 right now, you will die of thirst on Night 5).

---
---

---
---
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by zoraster »

The round actions are too many to really post. If you have a question about a particular one, please let me know.

Role Player Day/Night 1 Day/Night 2 Day/Night 3 Day/Night 4 Day/Night 5 Day/Night 6 Day/Night 7
Vigilante hitogoroshi Klazam Amrun Plum Zajnet
Sane Cop Llamarble Magua
Backup Feysal
Bodyguard Nautilius hitogoroshi No Action Regfan

Mafia Kill Magua Kills Feysal with Door Power Andrius Kills Lost Butterfly Baby Kills LLD Andrius Kills NS
Passage Digger Andrius Tunnel from Nexus to TP
Door Closer/Vigilante Baby Spice
Lawyer iamausername
Mafia Doctor Magua Trade in for Door Ignoring Power

Bodysnatcher LLD Kidnap Fate Torture Fate Kidnap hito
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Klazam »

HITO >.<

WHY VIG ME WITHOUT A CHANCE TO SAY STUFFS?

And the scum all died easily. 2/4 selflynch, 3/4 claimed scum... lol

Check out the dead QT. Magua had me real worried.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Klazam »

If this was redone, I'd condiser playing, but only if the timebased mechanic was removed, or made longer.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2316, Klazam wrote:If this was redone, I'd condiser playing, but only if the timebased mechanic was removed, or made longer.

This. This game swamped me. I couldn't keep up. It is a great activity booster, but I think the phases should be longer.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Magua »

There ain't no trollin' like a Dead QT trollin'.

Mafia need additional chits, and/or a way to reliably (not subject to "random.org determines if your move works or is entirely useless" stuff) interfere with town moves.

Mafia roles were well suited to the mechanic -- tunnel-digger, door-closer, door-ignorer. I liked those and thought they fit into the setup very nicely.

I think a lot of the rooms got under-utilized simply because it was such a PITA for town, even without mafia interference, to get people there.

Regfan calling me scum after my first post is such out-and-out bullshit. =P
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

yeaaa buddy! Good job doodz! Glad we pulled that one off coz it wasn't looking like we were gonna win!
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Regfan »

It was a very enjoyable game and I loved the concept and mechanic although I feel that as the game progressed the less and less important strategic planning and room usage became which I'd suggest finding a way to change in the future. Balance-wise I think the game is extremely balanced, the mafia roles counter some strategy and town power roles without completely overpowering them leaving for a good game though I think LLDs role is slightly too difficult to win with.

Scum were weakened greatly by the loss of two of their members early in the game and I don't think it was every really possible or likely for them to pull back from that situation especially with them continually keeping the vig alive which I think was a mistake on their part. My reads this game were mediocre, other than nailing Magua I didn't really lock onto any of the other scum and was fooled by Babys soft-claiming hardcore. MVP this game goes to Llmarble easily though, his reads were almost spot on and his leadership was a large reason we won this game though CES spotting Andrius's contradiction sure did speed up the final day.

I know I've likely missed it somewhere but can someone post the dead QT please?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Fate »

Easiest win ever
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

also thanks to zoraster for being lenient on me replacing in :)
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Magua »

Dead QT

I have no problems with the Mafia QT being released.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Regfan »

Magua wrote:I have no problems with the Mafia QT being released.

It already has, it's in the roles. Quick delete your posts in there so Fate can't read them!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”