Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Protector »

In post 10, TSGRaaize wrote:Hello, everyone, will keep up with this thread, but my next post will be when we get over this boring RVS/RVQ stage.

Vote: TSGRaaize

I'm not sure how you plan to get out of the "boring RVS/RQS stage" if you won't do anything.
~More than meets the eye. Less than meets the mind.~
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Protector »

In post 11, Johman wrote:
In post 9, Scumhunter wrote:
vote: weirdbeard

That beard is heinous. I saw it in the signup thread and was like OH DEAR GOD.

Heh, saw it too, in another game. Awesome.

VOTE: weirdbeard

BANDWAGON GO!

~Johhog

FoS
for the "BANDWAGON GO!" btw ;)
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Protector »

Is that relevant to your read on me? :)
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Protector »

Do you not find "BANDWAGON GO!" with a bandwagon vote to be a scum tell? It indicates nervousness that his vote will be seen in a bad light, which goes against a "I'm town and I am performing actions that are natural for a townie to perform" mindset.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Protector »

In post 17, Beck wrote:Do we have any hydras in this game?

And before it's asked of me, yes it makes a difference.

At least two different players in this game have notes in their signatures saying they're hydras, so yes, I assume there are hydras in this game.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Protector »

@Rainbowdash
I'm not voting Johman because there is someone else more worthy of a vote.

Bandwagons are great early game. Announcing your vote is a bandwagon vote is putting a disclaimer on your vote that simply has no reason for it besides nervousness.

@TSGRaaize
Same response
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Protector »

My vote was to force TSGRaaize to do something. Saying "You guys post; I'll sit back and watch" is a great way to avoid accountability for actions. In fact, it is the easiest way, as it means he would not be performing any actions. My vote now stays on him for latching onto your vote on me.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Protector »

"Random" votes aren't random. You are accountable for everything you do. If you'll read my previous post though, my original vote wasn't because you were scummy. It was because what you announced you would do would prevent you from doing anything readable for a while.

P-edit: I was ninja'd, but this post was meant to be @TSGRaaize.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Protector »

*resists urge to respond with "You are a moronic point of view*

Your point of view actually completely contradicts itself. You say that the RVS/RQS never brings anything to the game, yet you also said you were waiting for them to be over so we could get to the real game. The problem with this, of course, is that if the RVS brings nothing to the game, it would never end and we would never leave it. The fact that you accept that there would be a real game occurring once the RVS ended means you also accept that it has the capabilities to end itself and start actual discussion.

Saying that I should have moved on from the RVS/RQS implies that there was something game-relevant to comment on, in which case you should have been participating by commenting on it anyway.

Of course, this is all theory, which is fun, but ultimately quite useless.

You really really need to read what I say more carefully (please?). I am not voting you because you might be unreadable. I
originally
voted you in order to force you to post something useful so you couldn't make yourself unreadable early-game. I am no longer voting you for that reason.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Protector »

In post 24, Protector wrote:My vote was to force TSGRaaize to do something. Saying "You guys post; I'll sit back and watch" is a great way to avoid accountability for actions. In fact, it is the easiest way, as it means he would not be performing any actions. My vote now stays on him for latching onto your vote on me.

Please start reading my posts.

As for my initial vote on you, it's a matter of utility. Once you'd responded, I was intending to move my vote over to Johman, where it would be no less useful than it would have initially been, whereas voting Johman would make a subsequent vote on you for not participating practically useless. And, if I'm being completely honest, Johman's "BANDWAGON GO" comment isn't hugely scummy. Definitely scummy enough to warrant a vote, especially at this stage of the game, but not something I would likely want to lynch over without subsequent posts from him I didn't like.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Protector »

In post 35, weirdbeard wrote:Well hi everyone. I must say, I'm disappointed in the mass hatred of my beard, but no matter :(.

So, our RVS is already partially broken, which I actually quite like. I'm not a big fan of the RVS myself anyway.

In post 20, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 18, Protector wrote:Do you not find "BANDWAGON GO!" with a bandwagon vote to be a scum tell? It indicates nervousness that his vote will be seen in a bad light, which goes against a "I'm town and I am performing actions that are natural for a townie to perform" mindset.

No it doesnt.

Wagons are great and an essential part of the early game, I want one on you right now.

You however are apparently calling him scummy for the "Bandwagon Ho" comment but are not voting him, instead seeming to give him a joking FoS. That reads like nervousness that your moving your vote will be seen in a bad light, which goes against a "I'm town and I am performing actions that are natural for a townie to perform" mindset. I see no reason why you are not voting that pony at this point.

In lieu of anything better to go on, I'm going to put my vote this way too. If you found it scummy, why not vote him?

VOTE: Protector

I refuse to answer that question after I'm sure I've answered it more than once in this thread. If that was meant to be a rhetorical question for effect, then you should probably take my answer and say why my reasoning makes me more likely to be scum.

@Dashie
If I answer that question, I may have to reveal plans that shouldn't be revealed. ;)
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Protector »

Okay, now I can answer Dashie's question.

Dashie wrote:@Protector - So is the tell on SGR enough to lynch that pony at this point?
The short answer: it's not. At all.
The long answer: I really never said it was, though I may or may not have implied it was. Part of the art of getting a game of mafia going is to intentionally overstate how scummy certain things are. As I mentioned a few posts back, my tell on Johman really wasn't that strong--certainly enough for an early-game vote, but nothing game-changing. For that reason, it was useful to overhype my vote on TSGRaaize to force people into positions and to get discussion going. I now do have a better place for my vote though.

Unvote: TSGRaaize

Vote: Johman

Allow me to deconstruct his newest post:

He examines 5 posts. Notice that 4 of them are posts. The other post? He quoted it in order to make a completely non-game-related comment.

We may further notice that of the 4 posts he's quoted of mine, he comments on the first two by making silly assumptions in order to make a point later that allows him to vote me. Why does he assume my initial vote is "semi-random" if I gave a real reason for it? Why does he assume a wink means non-serious? Neither is logical in context.

In the third post of mine he quoted, he says I'm overexplaining myself. Except he fails to mention that I'm explaining myself in direct response to Dashie's arguments against me, in which context, obviously I'm going to be explaining myself. And if I'm "over-explaining", which part of my explanation should have been cut out? It's only over-explaining if it's taken entirely in a vacuum---which conveniently is exactly how Johman took it.

His comment on my fourth post? It's exactly what he's been trying to lead up to. It's fairly clear his post was written from bottom to top. Everything he posted earlier is written in order to support the conclusion at the bottom of his post, rather than having been written sequentially with a conclusion drawn based on what he saw.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Protector »

EBWOP: Notice that 4 of them are
my
posts.
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Protector »

Johman wrote:It's partly written from bottom to top, yeah. I read the game one time first, then I reread the relevant posts another time, backwards. Why is this such a huge deal for you? You may be right about that third post about yours. Tbh I only skimmed past that case.

But your logic fails. I did assume that your initial vote was semi-random because I thought (and still hope) that you're a decent player. That vote makes no sense whatsoever to be the one that breaks the RVS.
Also, a wink means at least not fully serious in my world. Why did you put a wink there if it was serious?
And why do you make it a part of your case that I'm joking a little with Rainbowdash? Do you think it's important?
You're actually doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing, looking for reasons just to vote for me. My vote stays where it is.
I'm going to respond to these out of order based roughly on importance:
My point in saying you were joking with Rainbowdash is that it's the only thing you commented on in your post that wasn't said by me. And it wasn't game-relevant. It seems like the kind of thing that would be thrown in just to comment on something else so it doesn't seem like you were just out to get me.

The big deal with writing a post from bottom to top is that by the time you're writing the stuff at the top, you're just looking to confirm what's written at the bottom of your post. I won't deny I've done similar things when I feel like being lazy as town and not wanting to actually scumhunt, but realistically, that's what writing from bottom to top is: not scumhunting.

I'm clearly not a decent player. This is my first game of mafia ever, silly. ;)

I like winky faces by the way. That and happy faces. Well, sometimes. Sometimes I'm just srs bsns. The wink in that post was meant to mean "don't worry, I'm not forgetting about you even though I'm voting someone else ;)"
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Protector »

I had a really busy day, so I've only skimmed what's been said since my last post. Something I read along the way gives me a town read on TSGRaaize (and a fairly solid one at that). Really not much else to say until I have a chance to read the new posts more thoroughly and I don't think you want me trying to do that at 3:30am. ;)

On a non-game-related note, I think I'll be using ;) a lot more than :), even when I mean :). The :) face looks far too smug. :s
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Protector »

Aaaaaaaaaaah, the thread is 8 pages now? Super-speed 6:30am catch-up post on the way incoming soon! (Posting this because I don't know why)
Protector
Protector
Townie
Protector
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:31 am

Post by Protector »

So I got delayed making this post because I was playing around with some stuff. But here it is.

This post from Palmar is mad sketch. Why? I don't know. Gut. I would try to figure out what exactly about it seems funky, but maybe later. Remind me about it at some point if you want an explanation.

This post is town-ish.

This post from Draken is baaaaaa-d (or at least that's what I'd say if I was a sheep; I'm mostly a person so I'd actually just say it's bad). It's a lot of very general mafia talk that's not game-specific. i.e. theory talk, more or less. On the other hand, he continues to post in a I'm-gonna-make-a-whole-bunch-of-meh-general-comments-and-reference-the-game-now-and-then format, so it could just be his posting style, especially since he's seemingly a new player.

This makes me think TSGRaaize is town.

This makes me think Beck is town.

Johracer's posts around this part of the game are a large mess of null and I really have no comment on them.

Dashie is probably town because he is. Don't think I really need to point out single posts to back that up.

I really hope all of SirBastion's posts aren't like this. Long posts with low content density = big no-no.

Blah blah blah, a whole bunch of talk on the legality of hydras. Fun fact: this account was meant to be a first account for someone, but became an alt, then in theory was a hydra of the player whose first account it was and the player whose alt it became but really wasn't according to mafiascum and is now pretty much just an account being used by one of those two individuals mentioned.

I'm tempted to say this is townish, but it's just overall a really really meh post. I'll come back to that some other time if I find it to be important.

Upon seeing a few more of his posts, I would guess he's town (I say this after having gotten through Post #101).

Oops...Rainbow's request not to be called Dashie is noted and ignored for anything I've written in this post up to this point because I'm too lazy to find them. But I won't call you that in the future :s

My read on Johracer at this point is pretty null. I will hopefully have another vote down by the end of this post.

Actually, I'll make my votes go stream of consciousness too...

Unvote: Johman

Vote: Draken

as of here.

(side note: I am currently listening to that song that Rainbow linked and it is awesome)

Damn it, I'm starting to skim big posts. Bad Protector! Bad!

Johman looking more townish as of somewhere around post #137.

Change that "starting to skim big posts" to "starting to ignore big posts from players I would like to believe I have some sort of read on."

I see a lot of votes on that weirdbeard but the amount of focus I am currently capable of is not enough for me to determine the merit of said votes. Add that to my to-do list.

Uhhh...if I'm reading this correctly, you voted weird because other people are voting him and because you found one possible "town-buddy" (for lack of a better way of putting it) for him based on something you realize isn't strong. And that causes you to cast an L-1 vote?

Ooookay and now I'm sort of caught up. Plus or minus about half the big posts in this thread that I arbitrarily decided didn't need to be read too closely. Vote stays on Draken. I'll look into the weirdbeard case when I'm more awake.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”