eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 am

Post by eldarad »

zMM, post 25 wrote:I was kind of expecting something to have happened between the time I put that vote down and now. I didn't even give a reason for it and nobody has even thought to attack me for it. I'm guessing this is going to be one of those games where scum lurk it up and hope town makes mistakes.

Meh, I think you're reading a lot into the fact that no-one has reacted to your telegraphed move. And IceGuy already got in the comedy 'OMG bandwagon!!!1!' line in #12.

I'd kinda like to hear what Adc thought he was going to achieve when he voted for me in #30.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

Post by eldarad »

In post 55, Adc75 wrote:That was not an intended vote for elderad, thought the mod did count it as such. I posted another for DonJosh, this time with reasoning, because the Mod claimed I voted for elderad. The only player I've voted is DonJosh.

I was editing my post where I asked Muffin Man why he voted for elderad. I accidentally asked why he voted for me, when he had voted for elderad. So I edited to clarify my question to ZMM. Really not a difficult concept.

Yeah the mod did count it as such because it was a vote...I definitely thought you voted for me as did others, for good reason. Vote tags are a relatively new invention on mafiascum and the old convention of
vote xxx
still applies.

I have literally nothing to say regarding the hammer.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:35 am

Post by eldarad »

OK, we're back.

VOTE: kdowns
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by eldarad »

blue wrote:Obviously I've never played with kdowns before. But if there is any chance he's town, one of you guys should unvote right now.

I've never played with kdowns either. I'm happy with my vote.

blue wrote:If he dies as a non-mafia now, we're at must-lynch. As such anyone putting the kill vote on him without more discussion should be auto-killed tomorrow if he flips town.

Why?

What do you want to discuss?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by eldarad »

Whoa so now we are randomly claiming after two very quick lynches?

Iceguy,do you really have nothing else you want to say except claiming?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:47 am

Post by eldarad »

My name is Earl.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:30 am

Post by eldarad »

For god's sake will you all stop voting!
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 am

Post by eldarad »

OK, so I'm re-reading the entire thread. Shouldn't take long...

First thing to happen of note was zMuffinMan's #25, where he expresses disappointment that no-one made a newbie mistake by jumping down his throat for his early vote.

Zeek, post 41 wrote:However, more seriously, VOTE: DonJosh for trying to get free townie points by going "omg someone is at L-1, unvote them now, vote for the guy who put him at L-1"... eldarad was not in serious danger of being lynched, none of his votes were real, if anyone hammered they would be top suspect on Day 2... so I find DonJosh's comment to be disingenuous and therefore scummy.

This is an interesting post given Don's behaviour Today, but I'll come on to that later.

DonJosh is at L-2 until iceguy jumps off the wagon at #50 and goes after adc for wagon-hopping.

IceGuy, post 70 wrote:I've never seen town quickhammering town.

Well, this is blatantly not true, but I was happy with the kdowns lynch at the time so I let it slide. This is pretty shady posting though.

blue opposed the kdowns wagon, but it took him a little while to come up with things he wanted to discuss in lieu of just lynching kdowns immediately. He got there by #77 though.

pinkfloyd hammers immediately after blue posts his question.

blue and DonJosh express "WTF" reactions to the hammer. zMM attempts to shut down any further discussion.

~~~
Today:
IceGuy starts massclaim immediately. I don't like this at all and seriously pings my scumdar.

The second part of #93 makes me think of SensFan.
The first part of #93 confirms to me than zMuffinMan is not a SensFan alt.

The reason I didn't quite the insta-mass claim is that we should have given a potential cop the chance to claim and give investigation results before starting the mass claim, in my opinion.

Scum would already know that the town didn't have any power roles (they know they have a roleblocker so the existence of an Earl confirms the that we are in the 4th setup)

Although to be fair at #92 I hadn't noticed that blue had flipped as an Earl so I was expecting the existence of a power role that didn't actually exist. But no other town player would have known that.

#98 I don't have a problem with.
#99 I don't like.
IceGuy, post 99 wrote:After reading the ISOs of pinkfloyd, DonJosh and zMuffinMan, it's pinkfloyd > DonJosh > zMuffinMan in terms of scumminess.

VOTE: pinkfloyd

So...you read 3 players in iso and rank them in terms of scumminess. Fine. Except, why only those 3? Why not push the boat out and read me as well? Or just read the whole thread - it was only 4 pages long at that point.

pinkfloyd's faux-indignation in #100 is annoying, and I agree with zMM's reply in #101.
pinkfloyd's #102 is one of the most horrendous posts I think I have ever read in a mafia game. Not the worst, but definitely in the top 10.

DonJosh, post 104 wrote:Scum didn't double-hammer after this, which means either IceGuy or pinkfloyd is scum (or both)
VOTE: pinkfloyd

This makes no sense! Iceguy or pinkfloyd - or both - is scum and so you choose to put pinkfloyd at L-1. Even though Iceguy could be scum?

~~~
In any other circumstances I would vote for IceGuy at this point.
I don't like Don's play Today coupled with the exaggerated Day 1 play identified by Zeek. I also think pinkfloyd's #102 is just too horrible to contemplate, but I don't know how I feel about an IceGuy-Pinkfloyd scumteam.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:10 am

Post by eldarad »

I reckon zMM is probably a townie, so I just need to pick 2 scum out of {IceGuy, DonJosh, pinkfloyd}

DonJosh's continued vote on pinkfloyd doesn't tell me anything extra, IceGuy's prompt unvote also doesn't tell me anything about his alignment.

IceGuy wrote:We all knew there would be exactly one special role left, either a power role or an Earl.

My point being that if there was a cop it would have been better for them to claim before a massclaim was started.

I wasn't objecting to the massclaim Today - it's lylo so yeah it's standard - but the fact that you started the massclaim immediately rather than waiting for a hypothetical cop suggests to me that you knew there wasn't going to be a cop claim forthcoming.

Also your immediate vote for pinkfloyd right after the massclaim doesn't strike me as a townie action.

vote IceGuy
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:53 am

Post by eldarad »

Iceguy wrote:Your post doesn't make an inch of sense.

You keep saying that, but you never explain why...

Iceguy wrote:What is the point of the cop claiming before anyone else?

At lylo, a cop should claim in their first post of the Day and give any investigation results. You specifically took that opportunity away.

Iceguy wrote:And what was your problem with my pinkfloyd vote? If I'm confident somebody is scum I'm voting him, even in LyLo.

pinkfloyd is right to point out the hypocrisy of this statement. But leaving that aside, how are you so sure pinkfloyd is scum?

If you now think DonJosh's vote is bussing, why aren't you voting for pinkfloyd?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 am

Post by eldarad »

IceGuy wrote:*kicks eldarad*

*kicks eldarad too*

Nothing more to say really.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:08 am

Post by eldarad »

Except that #102 was so inconceivably scummy that I couldn't believe that it was for real.

But we lost this game on Day 1, so meh.

Return to “Completed Open Games”