Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 10, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Vote: Amrun

For Great Justice!!

You can't dictate these things, you know ;)

vote coug
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 12, CooLDoG wrote:What does this exactly do?

It means thats who he's passing his vote onto if he dies.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

Sweet wagon!

unvote, vote... oh wait.

So who wants my vote if I get lynched then?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Rhinox »

right, once you die, your vote belongs to whoever you willed it to, and then you don't control it any longer - the person who has your vote wills it (along with any other vote they control) to whoever is on their list when they die.

P.s. fishy you were already first on my will :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

Amrun seems just fine. Chamber makes good points:

In post 47, chamber wrote:
In post 36, Fishythefish wrote:I'm feeling Amrun's posting here sounds really off. Since my meta of him is "looks townish as scum", I have no idea what this should make me think.

I didn't realize you were already voting Amrun when I read this earlier. So, you rvs vote her, she then acts in a way that is inconsistent with the scum meta that you have on her, and you choose to keep your vote on her because why?

Fishy that statement is pretty vague, like you're testing the waters or something.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 49, chamber wrote:
In post 33, whispersilk wrote:
In post 32, chamber wrote:
Odd Typo, what circumstances would lead to you making such a typo?

I pressed the shift key when I shouldn't have.

Right, but why? Is this something you normally do for the word "wagon", or words in general? Can you point to past examples?

I assume once you get an answer, you'll explain the relevance?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 64, CooLDoG wrote:For page two over reacting to silly accusations of scum behavior is a scum tell. At least in my book. Also, don't post while you are drunk.

To be clear, I'm still in the RVS. I don't really see amrun's actions as that fidgety or overly defensive. Though, she is my strongest read.

Wait why is amrun still your strongest read if she didn't really do what you said was scummy and why are you downplaying now what you said before about her being so defensive? RVS doesn't cut it, you made non-RVS accusations.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 53, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Rhinox: I expect your vote to be willed to me.

You're referring to this?

we'll see ;)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 84, CooLDoG wrote:I'm not so sure this is actually a good idea. It seems too easy for scum to manipulate.

I'm not too worried about it right now. It was RVS, but even if I were really getting lynched it wouldn't do any harm to say who I was willing my vote to or to see who will ask for and not ask for my vote - its public knowledge who gets who's vote as soon as a death occurs (lynch scene, morning scene) at least according to how the last game went.

In post 84, CooLDoG wrote:Again, I find this sorta odd. I personally just copy and pasted the player list at the start of the day. I do not understand why someone would later that list at the start.
Question: Rank how likely is it for fishy to get lynch bye n2 in your opinion?

Whats odd about it? At the beginning of the game everyone is equally likely to be scum but not everyone is equally likely to do good things with the votes they are willed if they're town. My initial list is always going to be ordered based on who I think would make good decisions with my vote if they're town. After the game starts, all bets are off. I've already changed my list around 3 times and I'm certainly not finished making changes. I'm not really sure what likliness of fishy getting lynched by n2 has to do with it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

mini V/LA for the weekend, you won't even know I'm gone
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

oops guess you guys noticed I was gone afterall. Will get caught up soon.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hi I'm not Darox I'm the one with the 3 votes.

Someone better give me a rock solid town read today so I know who to send my votes to in the likely event of my death tonight.

In post 191, StrangerCoug wrote:Rhinox still has to write up a case on me if he wants to make friends by hammering me.

For now, VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint for the same reason I voted him on Day 1, but that may change based on how Rhinox answers Darox's question and Darox answers CooLDoG's question. Amrun should still consider herself safe from me at the moment.

What do you mean by make friends by hammering you? You were my random vote yesterday but I never found a place to move it and was fine with your wagon by the end of the day. I have to be more careful today with my votes today and I plan to look into things in more detail than I did yesterday. I don't think darox's question was serious and I was planning on answering it.

cooldog, you asked me a couple questions yesterday but day ended before I was able to answer did you still want answers?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 198, CooLDoG wrote:^I knew who I was talking about when I was talking about you. I just mixed the D with the R. Yeah, go ahead, don't put too much time into it though.

ok

@rhinox, What were you basing the fishy thing on? Was it completely meta that led you to give your vote to him? Or was it his town win/loss record?

It was meta only. I don't even pay attention to W/L records. Everytime I've played with fishy as town, he's been solidly obv-town and made smart cases, exactly who as town I'd want to have my vote.

Fishy hasn't given me as strong of a town vibe in this game as he has in past games though.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

coug did you know you were hammering whisper yesterday when you voted him/her?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

No matter what we do with the votes we still need to lynch scum. If we don't hit scum today tomorrow is actually MYLO regardless of the vote distribution - kinda backwards compared to normal games, 3-2 or 2-1 at the start of a day equals mylo, 2-2 at the start of a day equals lylo (as long as votes get passed to townies) (1-1 at start of the day winner is whoever controls the vote, obv), 1-2 at the start of the day equals a loss even if that lone townie controlls the vote due to being nightkilled. Not sure if that changes anyone's thinking.

I think that because I already have 3 votes, fishy's plan is probably the best. It probably would have been better to spread the votes around so that the game couldn't be lost on account of one wrong will choice, but there's no way around that at this point, even if we lynch scum today. The upside of the plan at this point is that we'll always have 1 confirmed town for the rest of the game after today. Of course there is a leap of faith required that I am actually town, but once you get past that my will choice is like a cop investigation if I'm nked - a cop that either confirms innocents or loses the game >.> Another upside is that it takes scum influence out of the lynch, but the townie with all the votes still has to make good decisions.

Choosing to not stack votes on me isn't really going to change how the course of the game will play out. If we lynch scum today, there is still a scenario where 1 player will end up with 5 votes tomorrow and everyone else with 1. If we mislynch today and the lynched townie sends his vote elsewhere, it doesn't really matter because I can still be nked leaving the vote distribution as 4-2-1-1-1 - still the same scenario with the downside of leaving scum with more control over the vote. There are also possibilities that lead to a vote distribution of 3-2-2-1-1 tomorrow regardless of who gets lynched today but we have no say if the distribution ends up like that, only the scum would have the option to get us there depending on their choices, and I'm not comfortably giving scum the option to set the distribution - I'd rather force the decision right now from the town's end by making the decision to stack votes from here on out.

Thoughts?

All that aside, this game hasn't been that long and their aren't many players so I'll look through some iso's later to see if anything stands out. should be more manageable and helpful in a game this size.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

Correct on both points :thumbsup:

I expect any competant player to be able to guess who I'm leaning town and scum on just based on my reads and who I'm suspecting but I'll avoid posting lists or anything like that and stick mostly to pointing out my scum reads. I feel its important for me to get some thorough reads today though since any lynch that may happen that I'm not a part of will be guarenteed to have at least 1 scum on it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well thats a theory... I mean given this is a 9p game and likely only a scumteam of 2, it really wouldn't make sense for me to leave my vote on my scumpartner all day and risk him getting lynched when at any point I coulda pulled a "welp my random vote doesn't apply any more UNVOTE". scum can't really afford to bus D1 when there's only 2 of them. You are correct that I haven't said alot about coug (or anyone really), but I do intend to change that today.

Regarding the bolded I just mean I don't really want to put my votes down until I'm ready to lynch. It'll only take 2 other votes to secure a lynch, they could be scum votes or there could be an early hammer by accident if people forget to count the extra votes.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Gonna get to those isos i promised tomorrow
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

3 isos down 3 more to go. I'll get to the rest later tonight or this weekend. Out of time now.

as you'll see these are the old school pbpa style isos, just me looking at the isos and posting my thoughts about what I see.

SV iso:

I just want to ask about why you voted SC yesterday. You called me out for not having anything to say about it, but when I look through your iso you don't really say anything other than voting and calling for his lynch - you never say why. You did say at one point if your vote needed explaining we weren't paying attention, so I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Oh also, why is fishy scum?

Fishy iso:

Still doesn't read like obvtown to me like he usually does when he's town. However, his suggestion of "leave all votes to Rhinox" doesn't sound like it comes from a scum motivated mindset. Like I already explained, it doesn't much matter if I get any more votes if scum want to kill me and hope my votes go to scum. If fishy were scum, he would know me getting more votes and not being dead would make me confirmed town, and I would think scum tend to avoid that. Also, if fishy were scum, by suggesting all votes go to me he would know that would mean dead townies would certainly not be sending votes to scum, so yeah. On the other hand, the discussion about the votes seemed like kind of a distraction to scum hunting at the start of the day. Fishy hasn't done a whole lot of scum hunting today and then flipped on the only scumhunting he did by flipping on SC so... mixed read still.

Darox iso:

Wow there really isn't much there. All his reads are unexplained. I don't know why he voted for who he voted for at all, including the whisper lynch he was on. The most he's talked about today is how bad it is I have 3 votes and how stacking votes on me is a bad idea. As I explained above in the fishy section, it doesn't benefit scum at all to have more votes go to me. I could confirm me as town (or someone else if I'm nightkilled), and it ensures votes won't be going to scum. So there is scum motivation for trying to shoot down the plan. I also don't like that his justification for why votes going to me are bad is only valid if I am scum, but he doesn't try to argue that I'm likely scum. Could be a fearmongering tactic? I could undestand his objection if he thought I was scum but he hasn't tried to make that arguement. The most important part though is that there is absolutely no scumhunting in Darox's iso over 2 days.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Prod dodge. Rest of my reads tomorrow.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

Amrun iso:

I thought her reaction to the early game wagon on her was pretty good, as in thats the way a person should react to an RVS wagon, town or scum. I think because of that I've kinda let her slide under my radar for the whole game. Looking back, isos #5, #6, and #7 kinda have that cheeky scum vibe to them. "I'm so cool nobody knows my meta", "look at me I'm the only one interested in doing town things", "I'm too cool to explain myself, pretty sad if you can't figure it out" - how my mind interprets those particular posts. There are hints of that sort of cheeky-ness in other posts as well its just that particular string stuck out the most to me. Aside from that, Amrun has posted enough to not be considered a lurker, yet has done virtually no scumhunting whatsoever. About every other post calls SV town, but there is very little of calling anyone scum. Her only scum read (coug), the reasons given are borderline omgus - she only voted coug after coug called her and SV possible buddies.

Amrun wrote:DEFENDING TOWNREADS MAFIA 101 HERPAFREAKINGDERP
Not really, finding scum is a lot more important and you haven't been doing that at all. You also haven't been finding and defending other town reads so townhunting as a gameplay stradegy doesn't really apply here either. So, you have 1 town read and 1 scum read and haven't really said anything about the other players in the game.

My opinion is town has no business continually calling someone town over and over again like this unless you're masons. I mean as far as I can tell, SV hasn't even really been much of a lynch contender. Its one thing to have a town read, but if you're town you don't know for sure. As scum you could be whiteknighting a townie or possibly trying to wifom us into thinking you can't possibly be scum with SV but I don't think either of those are optimal scum play really so... I guess with the lack of scumhunting I could theorize that you defending SV so much could be a ploy to disguise the fact that you're not really doing anything but thats only a theory.

SC iso:

I don't like the random vote then unvote in the very next post without having a new place to put the vote. I think others have brought this up recently, and I do notice that he did get around to putting his vote back down in his next post so not much to worry about here I don't think. Votes SV, but then doesn't spend any time pursuing SV or convincing anyone else that SV is scum although when I say that I feel I'm being a little nitpicky so its probably not a strong point. Argues with amrun and fishy about his SV/amrun theory and the wagon that formed on SC - I think this particular attitude more generally comes from town than scum:

In post 125, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 118, Fishythefish wrote:And when they did that, your defences were "I don't mind scum voting me" and "this wagon is meaningless".

Conceded.

and to a lesser extant:
In post 105, StrangerCoug wrote:*whistles, not fazed by both of his scum suspects voting him*

Although with the latter quote I think fishy has somewhat of a point that coug could have been trying to downplay or dismiss the wagon on him.

And then dat hammer. It was pretty bad. Coug hadn't said a word about whisper before then. But as I read it again I feel like I'm having a deja vu moment, like I've seen coug do something similar in a past game as town. I'll look through my past games.

Day 2 coug's first post gave me bad vibes. He seemed to come out ready to be combative. It could be that he thought he'd take a lot of heat for that hammer, but it just seemed like he was preparing to attack in different directions. For example just the wording here:
Rhinox still has to write up a case on me if he wants to make friends by hammering me.
and here:
but that may change based on how Rhinox answers Darox's question and Darox answers CooLDoG's question. Amrun should still consider herself safe from me at the moment.
sounds like he's pre-emptively preparing salvo's against me and Darox in anticipation for a fight to the death. And then here:
I feel Rhinox's reaction to Darox's question as sensible, so I'm going to look at how Darox responds to the same thing.
its almost like he realized that I wasn't just going to come out and vote him and ever since he's been calling me town and defending me somewhat. Maybe I'm reading too much into it I'm just leary of the buddying up with the guy who's probably going to decide today's lynch.

The rest of coug's iso isn't that bad. He's been scumhunting, although I don't necessarily agree with all his reads. He's been somewhat abrasive which I generally view as more likely coming from town. I'm going to have to think about it a bit.

CooLDoG iso:

He's been under my radar for the most part as well. I think its because even though we've never played together, based on GD/F62 stuff I guess I expected him to be a bit of a VI, and for the most part I've been pleasantly surprised he hasn't been.

Early on he asked a couple of questions about the mechanic, and # of scum in 9p games - I remember thinking, especially for the second question, it seems like the type of question I'd ask if I wanted to intentionally drop a town-slip. Because scum would know how many scum there are and wouldn't have to ask, right? And the mechanic stuff, after a while its like, just read the rules, its not that hard. It felt like he was overplaying the naive, newbie, townie card.

I didn't agree with his early accusation of Amrun that she was being overdefensive. I didn't like how after he was told he was wrong he tried to downplay it by saying "well its only RVS anyways".

After that I think CD was actually doing a pretty good job of appearing to be scumhunting. Near the end of the day I get a little confused - first in iso #15 CD is praising whisper for voting darox and calls for more darox votes, then the next real time day he's jumping on the whisper wagon.

D2 nothing really sticks out that much. His big post of the day rubs me the wrong way but I can't pinpoint why. I think it has something to do with him commenting on a bunch of stuff that isn't really that relevant.

Other relevant info:
Whisper stuff:
Not really much to go on. Before death, basically named Darox, cooldog, and fishy as top scum suspects. Just keepin' this in mind since it was directed to me to keep in mind, and because dead townies are always complainin' in dead QT's about how they're always right. I can't count her cooldog read though, it was basically an omgus reaction to cooldog voting her, and I don't see any justification for her fishy read either. Just another datapoint to consider.

chamber stuff:

wasn't a fan of amrun
voted fishy
called darox probably town/only town read
votes coug, calls for hammer, then gets distracted by whisper
{whispersilk|Fishythefish|StrangerCoug}* = final scumlist?

too many possibilities for motivations for the chamber kill not even counting wifom reasons.
-Daroxscum killed him for his vote even though chamber said his vote wouldn't go there?
-fishy/coug/amrun-scum killed him because he was right about his scum reads?
-someone killed him to set up coug?
-cooldog/SV-scum killed him for votes (assumed votes not going to scum reads, amrun, or darox leaves these 2 and yes I'd be in this group as well)?
-pure nk wifom?

The only person who's even mentioned last nights kill in any context today is cooldog so I'd probably tend to throw out the manipulative motivations for killing chamber, but there still isn't enough certainty to narrow anything down. I don't like that Darox is a strong scum read for me yet was chamber's only town read. Makes me second guess myself. Also don't like that I've been leaning town on fishy but was one of chamber's strong scum reads. Also makes me second guess myself. Usually scum kill people who suspect them and don't kill people who think they're town but then again this mechanic kinda turns that theory on its head so yeah...

votecounts:

Amrun (3) - Fishythefish, Darox,
chamber

chamber
(2) - CooLDog, Shattered Viewpoint
Fishythefish (1) - Strangercoug
Rhinox (1) - Amrun
Strangercoug (1) - Rhinox
CooLDog (1) -
whispersilk

chamber
(3) - CooLDoG, Shattered Viewpoint,
whispersilk

Amrun (2) - Darox,
chamber

Fishythefish (1) - Strangercoug
Rhinox (1) - Amrun
StrangerCoug (1) - Rhinox
CooLDoG (1) - Fishythefish

Fishythefish (2) -
chamber
, Shattered Viewpoint
chamber
(2) - CooLDoG,
whispersilk

Shattered Viewpoint (1) - StrangerCoug
Rhinox (1) - Amrun
StrangerCoug (1) - Rhinox
Amrun (1) - Darox

StrangerCoug (4) - Rhinox, Amrun, Shattered Viewpoint,
chamber

Darox (1) - CooLDoG
Amrun (1) - Darox
chamber
(1) -
whispersilk

StrangerCoug (4) - Rhinox, Amrun, Shattered Viewpoint,
chamber

Darox (2) - CooLDoG,
whispersilk

whispersilk
(4) -
chamber
, Fishythefish, Darox, CooLDoG
StrangerCoug (3) - Rhinox, Amrun, Shattered Viewpoint
Darox (1) -
whispersilk

whispersilk
(5) -
chamber
, Fishythefish, Darox, CooLDoG, StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug (3) - Rhinox, Amrun, Shattered Viewpoint
Darox (1) -
whispersilk

When you look at them all together like that it really makes it look obvious that the whisper wagon sprang up as a counter wagon to cougs - when coug was at L-1, whisper didn't ven have a vote, then whooosh.

Here's 1 thing 100% ruled out. SV and Amrun are definitely not scum together. You're telling me 5 townies all derped at once to mislynch whisper while Amrun and SV just sat there watching from the SC wagon? I don't think so. There's at least 1 scum on the whisper wagon and possibly 2. That wagon happened way too quickly to not have scum on it.

I'm going to let all this soak in now (this post, my last reads post), I'd like to hear others thoughts on my reads.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 290, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 286, Rhinox wrote:After that I think CD was actually doing a pretty good job of
appearing to be scumhunting
. Near the end of the day I get a little confused - first in iso #15 CD is praising whisper for voting darox and calls for more darox votes, then the next real time day he's jumping on the whisper wagon.

What do you mean by the bolded? Why do you think CD is appearing to be scumhunting, rather than scumhunting?

That does look awkward. I was typing as I was going through the isos and its a place where I went back and edited myself. I original had "I think CD was actually doing a pretty good job scumhunting" and was leaning more towards concluding that CD was leaning town until I read to the part where he voted whisper not long after praising whisper's Darox vote. That kinda changed my read on him mid post so I went back to edit to attempt to say that he appeared to be scumhunting well but I wasn't sold on him being town due to that other thing. I guess I was thinking scum don't really scumhunt but they still try to appear to be scumhunting, to explain how I could find CD scummy despite thinking he was doing "good scumhunting". I know I didn't make that distinction anywhere else so I can see why the wording would draw your attention.

@Amrun:
maybe if you put as much effort into convincing us of your scumreads as your townreads...

"So I have a suspect and I'm not letting him off until I'm either satisfied he's town or he's dead. Period. SC is the center of my attention until then."
- yeah the problem is your posts don't really match this mentality. Your vote is there but you're not doing anything to convince us to vote for SC. Nothing in your posts tells me that your belief that SC is scum is based on nothing other than him calling you and SV potential buddies, which seems more omgus than anything.

"I have a history of defending my townreads (see LlamaFluff, DH, etc in the same game, if interested), and it's a strategy I think is important.

I don't really care if you like it."
- Well, why is it an important strategy?

I think thats not really the point though, the point is you're not even doing enough to prove you're even following a townhunting strategy. There are what, 7 town players in this game? You're only defending one. Why aren't you trying to develop other reads, town or scum? Why focus so much energy on defending one town read who isn't even a lynch candidate? How does it help the town?

My top 3 suspects for lynch today are Darox, SC, or Amrun. What bothers me is when I try to put together a scum team, I'm not totally in love with any 2 of those 3 as partners. Probably Darox/Amrun make the most sense if you assume the last 2 posts of this thread are distancing. Neither have mentioned each other before now. Coug/Amrun - not hardly. Coug/Darox - would have to already be crossbussing, I'd think at least 1 of them would be voting for say Amrun instead (like Darox, given the last post). So if its not Darox and Amrun, then I'm not liking trying to figure out who's scum between the other 3.

We're 3 days from deadline, I'm leaning towards voting Darox. Voting now would be a hammer, so how should we do this? Should probably get a claim from Darox.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

guysssssss....

OK first things first:

@Amrun:

In post 297, Amrun wrote:I like fishy's theory. That same wording stuck out to me. I was expecting "appearing to be scumhunting" to be followed up with a scumread, and it wasn't. Rhinox's response wasn't any less awkward.

Funny how you never mentioned your suspicions until now, after I start getting heat for what I said. In fact, Just a few posts back, in post #292 after I said what allegedly stuck out to you and fishy brought attention to it, you called me AND CD town. Now all of a sudden you think we're both scum?

In post 297, Amrun wrote:This is obviously untrue. I actually gave reads on EVERYONE ELSE in the game in the same post you're responding to, perhaps barring one I missed or something. Clearly I'm developing reads.

I meant ACTIVELY developing reads. You know, scumhunting? Besides, one post where you give half-assed reads on everyone else doesn't prove you're developing reads. Reads come with reasons, not just X is town, Y is scum.

@Darox:

In post 296, Darox wrote:
In post 293, Rhinox wrote:Neither have mentioned each other before now.
:roll:
In post 294, CooLDoG wrote:Yeah, darox should go ahead and claim.
:roll:

You rolling your eyes about the RVS Amrun wagon? What I'm talking about is throughout the whole game, neither one of you have given a serious thought about the other until #291 and #292.

And why are you rolling your eyes about being asked to claim? If I'm in a position to hammer someone at L-3, claims are going to happen before you get to L-1.

@fishy, cooldog:

In post 294, CooLDoG wrote:@rhinox, wait, so am I scummy because I am acting like I'm scum hunting, or am I scummy for voting for whisper?

In post 295, Fishythefish wrote:So, you thought CD was scumhunting, then you found something odd towards the end of the day which you said made you "a little confused", and that made you decide that CD was only appearing to be scumhunting? Seems strange, and particularly strange without an epic scumread on CD. By contrast, with SC, who you seem to have a stronger scumread on, you said he was scumhunting. I'd like to hear absolutely anything at all about your thought or editing process that explains this.

UNVOTE:

I may well revote Darox soon, but this is worth following up. I think there's a chance that Rhinox slipped and told us he and CD are scumbuddies - because if they were Rhinox's actual thoughts would be going "yeah, CD has actually done a pretty good job of appearing to be scumhunting".

Yeah fishy idk like I said I see why it would draw your attention idk if I can explain it any better but I'll just explain my whole thought process when I was reading CD maybe it'll make sense.

First I didn't like how CD accused Amrun for being overdefensive (referencing the reasons given by fishy here) and then I also didn't like how CD tried to downplay it as LOLRVS after being questioned. So at that point I was leaning scum.

Then I read to this post and other posts around it, which looks like good scumhunting. At this point I was thinking his good scum hunting was making up for what I didn't like about his early game play so I was leaning town.

Then I read to where he voted whisper. Its almost as bad of a vote as coug's was. Just before voting whisper, CD was praising him for calling for Darox votes. The first time he said anything was scummy about whisper was pretty much when he voted, and CD's posts implied he didn't know or care if he was hammering when he voted. He also abandoned the scumhunting he was doing and jumped on whisper for something that wasn't even that big of a deal.

So yeah, my read changed again at that point, and I felt I needed to go back and edit myself to reflect that. I still wanted to be clear that I thought CD had said some good things throughout the middle of D1, but usually I associate "good scumhunting" with a town read, which I no longer had. So I changed it to "appearing to scumhunt", I guess thinking that it would convey the message that if he's town, it really was good scumhunting, but its not so good that its something scum could have faked if he's scum, given that he pretty much undermined it by voting whisper.

There was then another post on D2 that once again looked like scumhunting but I didn't feel as good about it. I couldn't figure out if I didn't feel good about it because of the content or because of prejudice due to how I was reading CD at the time so I didn't want to go into too much detail about it. I'll point out the parts I didn't like now though:

In post 261, CooLDoG wrote:I'm really interested at why chamber asked this. I hope the mod has a dead thread.

Seems irrelevant to the game at this time.

In post 261, CooLDoG wrote:^where I got me crack pipe fyi.

same

In post 261, CooLDoG wrote:Not to get off onto irrelevant tangents... But this is just cruel. Do the scum in this game have any dignity?

same - actually, here the conspiracy gears start turning in my head wondering if CD is only bringing attention to this because he's getting a laugh out of it because he's the one who killed chamber.

In post 261, CooLDoG wrote:Yeah, we actually, at some point in this game, need a darox wagon.

This is actually the one real scummy thing he said in the whole post. "at some point" - why not vote him now if you think he needs votes? "a darox
wagon
" - interesting why you would say darox wagon and not darox lynch.

Oh just noticed you actually did elaborate on it later in the post
cooldog wrote:Darox, needs a pressure wagon just to get him to post content

If its just a pressure wagon how is it going to make him post content?

But the rest of that post (it was a big post) had some decent thoughts IMO that why I had mixed feelings about that post.

So no, CD, you're not scummy for acting like you're scumhunting, the comment was my mind rationalizing how you could still be scum even though you look like you're scumhunting. The posts/sections of posts of yours that "appear to be scumhunting" are still +town points in your favor. But you have done some suspect things as well.

Fishy hopefully that explains the thought process for why I edited myself with respect to cooldog. As for why I didn't edit myself with respect to SC, idk I don't really have an explanation. I must have felt that the wording I used adequately portrayed my feelings toward SC, where as in cooldog's case I would only use "good scumhunting" with a solid town read, and by the end of my read of CD I didn't have a solid town read and I wanted my post to reflect that. Just the wrong word choice I guess.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 300, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:You guys just keep posting and posting, yet you're not really
saying
anything.

Can we just lynch SC already?

Well, who would make sense as SC's scum partner?

In post 302, Fishythefish wrote:I'm happy for a claim from Darox, if Rhinox is still up for the lynch.

Yeah, I'm still leaning Darox, still happy to hear a claim.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

fishy wrote:At this stage, the lynch is clearly between Darox and SC, and it's clearly Rhinox's call. Get it right, Rhinox.

No pressure >.>

@darox:
Did you breadcrumb anywhere? I read through your D2 posts, not once did you mention a town read on SV. You criticized Amrun for defending SV even. That would have been a great time to say something like "Yeah SV is probably town, but etc...."

Also, this exchange:
fishy wrote:@Darox: who's scum?

Darox wrote:Everyone.

I'm pretty distrustful of you & Rhinox, and think SC is suspicious as hell, but everyone covers it pretty well.

^^^No mention of a town read there, you claimed you were suspicious of everyone.

Your posts don't really fit with you having an innocent result on SV all day. Can you explain this?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

Found another possible inconsistency with Darox I'm not too thrilled about:
In post 306, Darox wrote:SV.

On a completely unrelated note, he has been my new beneficiary since dawn.

You say here SV has been your beneficiary since dawn. But...
In post 202, Darox wrote:I'd quote my original post but chamber is dead and it just wouldn't be the same.
I'd like to vote StrangerCoug too but Rhinox controlling 3/5 votes needed for a lynch makes me uneasy on principle.

What I can do is update my will.

...this post was made 3 days after day started, and you posted in thread once before this after day started. So you didn't actually claim to update your will until the day was well underway.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

Darox what the hell... and why did you suddenly start posting more after you're lynched?

SV: what are you refering to here:
SV wrote:Darox: Not a question, but: That was really, really stupid.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Rhinox »

So what made you decide to claim you had an innocent on SV?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

This was a fun game, although the best thing I did it seem was send my votes to a townie :P

I'm really not sure why chamber of whisper sent me their votes, but I'm glad it worked out. I was very close to sending my votes to cooldog the night I died. He was second on my list that night, and I thought about changing the order. In the end I convinced myself fishy was town for the "Give all votes to Rhinox" plan because it just seemed like scum would have no reason to even think about coming up with that plan as it didn't benefit scum at all. You guys woulda had a better shot at winning had you left me alive :P

@Llama: count me in as a pre-/in for the next Last Will game whenever you get around to running it. I liked both LW2 and this one, but I think LW2 being larger was a bit better from my POV given that players can't be confirmed through votes (and scum win through 1 mistake in sending votes) until after a few days have past.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

yup pretty much :P

I do echo fishy's sentiments it was a pleasure playing with all of you and thanks llama for modding. Especially you cooldog I'm on to you your GD/F62 persona is just to lull people like me into thinking "whoa! cooldog is :goodposting: he must be town!!!" I mean I do feel bad for thinking this I shouldn't pre-judge players I haven't played with but I really was pleasantly surprised you weren't a VI and I'll happily play a game with you anytime but I'm onto your little trick there and won't fall for it again :P. Same goes for everyone else this was a great game with a great group of players I'd happily play with any of you again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”