Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:52 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

vote: Llamarble

Llamas are poor pets.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Llamarble wrote:
Rocks did turn out to be good cookie ingredients, so I think llamas can be good pets.

I wanted to see if you noticed the reference :-) you bastard!
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 35, glowball wrote:Also, this is petsPick!

Tell me about your actual pets, no details of course. Just sharing, I'll go first. I have a puppy she's about 1.5 years and I LOVE HER she is fluffy and adorable!

This is a terrible idea. This equates you claiming a fluffy and adorable puppy. How is it possible that you do not realise this? And besides, this is fishing. Say that someone tells you that his dog is a German Shepherd who can find anything when he follows his nose. You will just assume that this person is likely a cop. Now I am forced to wonder which one is the explanation of your behaviour. (1) Reckless town - who just won the "VI of the game" trophy despite quil's efforts or (2) fishy scum.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 46, xRECKONERx wrote:That's true, glowball is a pretty big VI.

Unvote

Why the Quilford wagon?

I will agree on the town VI hypothesis for now. Another detail in her posts shows that she tends to be clueless about the fishy potential of her proposal.

Moreover, I have never seen scum fish so blatantly.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 51, Vi wrote:
Vote: lewarcher82
(L-8)

lewarcher 44 wrote:Now I am forced to wonder which one is the explanation of your behaviour. (1) Reckless town - who just won the "VI of the game" trophy despite quil's efforts or (2) fishy scum.
lewarcher 50 wrote:I will agree on the town VI hypothesis for now. Another detail in her posts shows that she tends to be clueless about the fishy potential of her proposal.

Moreover, I have never seen scum fish so blatantly.
It sounds like you already had your mind made up.

I sure did. Feel free to meta me and see what I think of fishing as a scumtell. It is anti-town, but only moronic scum does it. But this does not prevent me from discussing the point with the player in the first place.

Moving to a more interesting post:

In post 61, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 44, lewarcher82 wrote:
In post 35, glowball wrote:Also, this is petsPick!

Tell me about your actual pets, no details of course. Just sharing, I'll go first. I have a puppy she's about 1.5 years and I LOVE HER she is fluffy and adorable!

This is a terrible idea. This equates you claiming a fluffy and adorable puppy. How is it possible that you do not realise this? And besides, this is fishing. Say that someone tells you that his dog is a German Shepherd who can find anything when he follows his nose. You will just assume that this person is likely a cop. Now I am forced to wonder which one is the explanation of your behaviour. (1) Reckless town - who just won the "VI of the game" trophy despite quil's efforts or (2) fishy scum.

Yes, but in a petsPick, I'm pretty sure a good majority of us have two of the most common pets out there which are dogs and cats for our animals. Everyone thinks their pet is adorable, I'm sure no one submitted a pet they just hated in a 'pet you love' mafia game. And I'm not sure 'young and spry' relates to a specific mafia role, do you?

The thing that worries me is not that glowball naively chose to reveal her animal's flavor so to speak, but the fact that this is a huge overreach over information that really equates to nothing specific about the role.

Vote: lewatcher
L-7

Explain, please. Are you voting me for thinking glow was fishing or for saying she wasn't after asking her if she was? Are you voting me for the reason Vi is voting me or for the opposite one?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:49 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I'm saying you're stretching in unbelievable ways, taking what should be a 'getting to know you' flavor claim and trying to turn it into a scum tell. That only dumb scum do.

After which I decided to change it into "she is a town VI" for no apparent reason, except perhaps making sure that both those who think it was a scumtell and those who think it wasn't are now voting me.

And this is how I got to L-2 in 5 hours and 50 minutes.

@Vi: no, I don't recall to have ever seen scum be so stupid to do it. I have, however, seen poor scum players do it on quicker games, f.i. epicmafia. However, I don't know glowball, so I saw no reason not to draw her attention on the fact that she did something which is anti-town.

@quil: no, I will not point you to any meta in which I get angry with players, because I didn't get angry at anyone here (unless by angry you mean defining an idea terrible or calling someone a VI), and because I find this request rather silly in the first place.

Attention, please. Roxi is likely a double voter, which means that you guys potentially put me at L-1 in 6 hours for no reason. Before you decide to quickhammer me, let me know. It's ridiculous to be put in the situation that requires such a warning 24 hours from game start, but well, I have no other choice.

@ghotslin: ^this is the reason why VP commenting on Roxi is not fishing, but a wise analysis of the current situation.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Vi: are you seriouly suggesting to having me hammered?

This is extremely scummy, especially coming from someone with your experience: cutting d1 short is never pro-town.

However, please answer my direct question before discussing my comment. You want me hammered right now?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

quil wrote:Your recent posts sound heavily like outraged scum being caught

quote, please. Where?

@Vi, second question: assuming that you are in fact suggesting a quickhammer on me, are you also suggesting that I shouldn't be given the chance to claim?

@Vi, third question: do you have no concerns about a wagon that hit L-2 in less than 6 hours, within the first 24 hours after gamestart?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 144, Vi wrote:
In post 140, lewarcher82 wrote:Vi: are you seriouly suggesting to having me hammered?
Yes.

lewarcher 140 wrote:This is extremely scummy, especially coming from someone with your experience: cutting d1 short is never pro-town.
Again, world's tiniest violin.

Or, wait. I think I'm not reading into this enough.
Am I your first and so far ONLY call for who you think might be scum...? :shifty:

lewarcher 140 wrote:However, please answer my direct question before discussing my comment. You want me hammered right now?
That would seem impossible, since you're at L-2. However, given that your entire content has been either scummy (and don't tell me it's not, because a majority of players - the people on your wagon plus Sotty7 and Llamarble - have said your lynch would be a good idea) or whining about having a wagon, I really don't need to see anything else. If anyone else needed to see anything else, they would, y'know, be unvoting. This is a role madness game as advertised by zoraster, so going to Night can be more productive than in a normal game, especially since right now there are no clues as to who the better power roles are that I'm aware of.

So yes, I want you to die at the Town's earliest convenience.

lewarcher 142 wrote:@Vi, second question: assuming that you are in fact suggesting a quickhammer on me, are you also suggesting that I shouldn't be given the chance to claim?
What do you mean, "shouldn't be given the chance to claim"? You've had that chance for a while now; you've just spent most of it whining.

lewarcher 142 wrote:@Vi, third question: do you have no concerns about a wagon that hit L-2 in less than 6 hours, within the first 24 hours after gamestart?
No, not really. We can pick off the opportunistic/bussing scum later; I think the Town has a good handle on who to pursue.

Fair enough. I'd expect more judging from your mafia-theory activity on site, so I guess you are probably scum. Given the big influence that you have, and the fact that you just justified a quicklynch, I will now proceed to do this. I am town and I have a confirmable but probably expendable power-role. I can confirm the nature of the pet of a player. To have my role confirmed overnight, I need a player to claim what animal is his pet today. I will confirm the truth of the information at the beginning of day 2. I am ready to do it now, and I am not going to pick the player who will be used for this test. Vi can do it.

If no one wants to do it, or if everyone prefers to humor Vi, go on and lynch me. But lynch Vi after me, because his/her tiniest-violin (which I had to look up on urbandictionary) comment is ridiculous. Cutting short day 1 is an anti-town strategy, as it limits the chance of collecting information by the uninformed majority.

Once I am dead, the scum on my wagon will have to play the card "he was really scummy, we are town". Call them out on that. Vi is denying the scummy nature of a L-2 wagon that grew in 6 hours by using circular logic: many of us agree, so you are scummy. But the case that will likely get me lynched is based on me pointing out something anti-town and then deciding it was not a genuine scumtell.

This is my challenge.
Unvote; vote: Vi
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:36 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I have re-read my ISO and I really don't understand the case on me.
Well, Vi: appear self-confident and everyone will think you know what you are doing, huh? This is the most unfounded and quickest wagon I have ever seen

Fine. This is my full claim.

I am Mao-Tse-Tung, and I am a
town assassin cat
. Each night I can decide to visit a player. If that player has a cat, I will kill him. If that player has a dog, I will die. The flavour is connected with the real biography of my former cat Mao, who was killed by a dog.

In order to avoid a short day 1 and a stupid mislynch, I will accept to do as follows:

You unvote me, and tonight I will visit someone who will claim to have a dog (no full claim required, any dog will do). By doing that, I will be dead and flipped on the morning of day 2. You will quit wasting your time tunneling me, I will be dead anyway and today we can go on playing and discussing other cases. Despite Vi's tunneling, we might end up lynching someone who is actually scum. Also: I will get more time to analize the wagon on me and leave a legacy of reads.

I know it's weird, but it's the only strategy occurring to me.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 163, Untrod Tripod wrote:considering that mafia kills happen before other kills, I can't see this plan doing anything but failing

I don't get it your point. Once I flip, I flip. However, suggesting this plan is the last pro-town thing I can do. If you don't like it, lynch me. But DDD cannot be as blind as he appears to be (I didn't change my claim, don't lie. I explained it and made it a full claim after I was put at L-1). And Vi cannot be so stubborn and unreasonable to support a quicklynch on day 1 for a case that lacks every credibility.

If you don't like the plan, lynch me. But then try to show some intellectual honesty and admit that the case is built on nothing. And kick Vi's ass for getting a power role lynched this way, in 72 hours on day 1, with a wagon that grew to L-2 in 6 hours.

Also note that there was probably a dog softclaim already. Which means I wouldn't need to ask anyone else to claim.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:28 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

how so? I am half a vig, half a flavour cop.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 173, lewarcher82 wrote:how so? I am half a vig, half a flavour cop.
In post 174, glowball wrote:You're killing players based on whether the animal is a dog or a cat. I'd hope all of the scum weren't cats, that'd be a pretty silly set up.

and? who said all scum are cats???
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:43 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 185, VP Baltar wrote:lew, why did you partially claim your info? What did you gain by keeping the vig part of the claim close to your chest at that time?

Good question: in order to prevent people from thinking that I want to prove my role by killing someone, the only acceptable pro-town plan I can propose with a full claim involves self sacrifice, which is what I have proposed once I was forced to fullclaim.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 186, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 160, lewarcher82 wrote:I am Mao-Tse-Tung, and I am a town assassin cat. Each night I can decide to visit a player. If that player has a cat, I will kill him. If that player has a dog, I will die. The flavour is connected with the real biography of my former cat Mao, who was killed by a dog.

But why does he kill other cats? What's the flavor reasoning for that?

NINJA'D. Mao was an extremely aggressive cat. No other cat in the neighborhood as long as he was alive.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 189, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 187, lewarcher82 wrote:
In post 185, VP Baltar wrote:lew, why did you partially claim your info? What did you gain by keeping the vig part of the claim close to your chest at that time?

Good question: in order to prevent people from thinking that I want to prove my role by killing someone, the only acceptable pro-town plan I can propose with a full claim involves self sacrifice, which is what I have proposed once I was forced to fullclaim.

So if you had not been forced to full claim, what was your plan exactly? Say you got the role info that glowball was indeed a dog (though I think that was already implied) and people back off your lynch. You were going to sacrifice yourself overnight then without telling the town?

Of course I would have tried to go on and convince you guys of the silliness of the case on me (perhaps by getting Vi lynched and by seeing her/him flip scum), and in case of success, the plan might have become no longer necessary. In which case I would have tried to survive to day 2 and then I would have either bluffed or explained my behaviour by fullclaiming one day later.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

@reck: my role PM does not mention the possibility of multiple pets.
@ghostlin&llama: as far as I know, knowing the pets of people can help someone else as it would help me. Also: people may have reasons for lying about their pets. Therefore, I intended my power to be used mostly for confirming people, and as it involves the risk of death, I was going to use it only later in game.

@Vi: this how I see it. There is no
ad hominem
argumentation in considerign scummy the way you are tunneling me. Please explain the case on me. Show me the scumminess of my original interactions with glowball, because quicklynching someone on day one for "having made quickly made up their mind" is not an acceptable practice to me.

On the other hand, what is an
ad hominem
argumentation is your statement about my reads. Of course you don't like them: perhaps it's because you turned out to be on of my scumreads? Or you are able to judge the quality of my reads in a game in which your attack prevented me from doing anything but defending?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

In post 206, xRECKONERx wrote:lewarcher as some kind of "dog that hates cats SK" is starting to look more and more plausible. Get rid of all the cats in the game and achieve third party wincon.

except I am not a dog, but a cat myself.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

no, sorry, PM says Mao is my pet. With a bit of flavour on how I am a bit freaked out by my pet, who is not a common one: paraphrasing, it basically describes it as being special but a bit threatening.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

and hammer it was. Whatev, guys. Ending the first day so quickly is stupid. Go town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”