Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Scalebane »

So, in real life, I graduate from highschool tomorrow. That being the case, I'll try and catch up on the game sometime this weekend and then try to actually contribute.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:51 am

Post by Scalebane »

So, here's how I see it:

Der Hammer
-Probably not mafia, but it's somewhat hard to say. Once again, I could go either way on him (either townie or mafia)

Scalebane(replacing Osloboditelj)
-Whatever I say here (except a claim) will get twisted to somehow imply that I'm mafia, including this statement.

audacesiuvat
-Claimed postman type role. Pretty much unconfirmed, due to "unfortunate" coincidence.

VisMaior
-Once again, I could go either way.

Armlx(replacing help im a bug)
-Confirmed innocent (barring unrevealed weirdness in the cop role) by a confirmed cop. Not much interesting to be said.

bluesoul
-Bluesoul, unfortunately, is either the doc or he is mafia.

Sentinel99
-I personally believe his claim, expecially considering the breadcrumbing by Stikey

Yosarian2
-Could be townie, could be mafia.

So, the list of people who are "suspects" is:

Der Hammer, audaces, visMaior, bluesoul, Yosarian

The most likely scenario is:
{
Bluesoul is the doc, audaces is innocent.

One of:
Der Hammer, visMaior, Yosarian
is a roleblocker.

and one of the remaining two is mafia.
}

Due to this, I'll go ahead and
Vote: Yosarian
just to get this party started again.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Scalebane »

Armlx: When did you claim RB?

Anyways, the rest still stands
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Sorry for the double post, but it's been awhile and I think further examining the situation is useful.

Sorry I didn't catch your claim earlier, Armlx.

The most likely scenario is this:
{
Bluesoul is the doc, audaces is innocent.

The mafia are among:
Der Hammer, visMaior, Yosarian
}

and ... my earlier vote still stands. I'm a little surprised my vote didn't start any more conversation. :(
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Perhaps I know things you don't that leads to me having steps in my logic that you don't understand?

Considering that someone earlier in this thread implied that either I or Bluesoul are probably scum, I was simply defending myself and probably bluesoul. If I have, in fact, outed the doctor then it was out of rustiness and studpidity (from not having played a game in awhile) as opposed to scumminess.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:57 am

Post by Scalebane »

If I'm right, am I not actually helping the mafia (who know whether or not he's mafia) by proving he's the doc?

Anyways, My role's ability is that I can pick one person a night and randomize their target (I can give more flavor on my role, but I won't unless asked). On night three, I chose Bluesoul (I don't really know why, I just did.). Considering that the cop died (when any smart doc would've been protecting him) I'm guessing that Bluesoul is the doctor. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what this says about the mafia for trying to target the cop regardless of the fact that he would obviously be protected by the doc. if I hadn't unknowingly messed it up, that is.

The only reasons why I think bluesoul might be mafia is similar to the reasons argued above. Mafia would probably suspect the doc would be covering the cop so both the doc and the mafia end up covering sommebody else. I randomize bluesoul's kill and *whoops* the cop dies. It is also a possibility that since I randomized bluesoul's kill, it somehow went through the doc's protection, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not that makes any sense.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Just a post to say that I'm still keeping an eye on the thread. I don't really have much more to contribute at this point. I've got some information up my sleeves, but nothing I want to reveal at the moment (or that I think would be helpful to reveal)
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:54 am

Post by Scalebane »

Unvote Yosarian

and I would like to push this wagon to 2 away from the lynch.

Vote Der hammer
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:56 am

Post by Scalebane »

well, if he is the doc then I guess we get the information that we just killed him through a silly wagon. oh well. at least the day is over, "Oh goody", right VisMaior?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:12 am

Post by Scalebane »

Yeah. I randomized Audeces's role last night.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Audeces: I went for you as a randomization choice because if you were lying about your ability then that would mean you were scum. Often, but not always, randomizing the scum's nightkill is a good thing as it keeps their target alive for one more day. It also gives me verifiable proof (to the town) of my ability.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:52 am

Post by Scalebane »

Not really. I still think we should force Derhammer to a claim.

Just because he "knows" that he isn't scum, I'm still not quite buying it. The logic with regards to why he had to reveal the message or show that he was scummy still applies. In fact, something about his post just makes my scumdar go off.

Vote: Der Hammer
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Scalebane »

Hopefully, bluesoul doesn't think he's dead in this game.

I guess I didn't quite realize that der hammer would've known that the message wasn't for him by the content of the message you sent him, Audace. Regardless, the fact still stands that Der Hammer hasn't really done a whole lot to clear his name. I guess simply because a smart player would've realized that he could've not revealed that he got the message, I can't honestly say that I feel that really confirms a whole lot of innocence. So I guess we need to force VisMaior or Der Hammer to a claim? (It's been awhile, not quite sure how the best way to proceed is now.)

I'll make this post more interesting by providing some more evidence for my own innocence:

My role, in urban legends flavor terms, is the Pop Rocks guy. I can somehow hypnotize people to randomize their nightchoice. I accidently showed up at the convention and thus actually still believe in urban legends. Because of this, I always carry a bottle of water around with me so that I don't accidentally drink soda.

I'm guessing that something special would've happened if the Soda Guy (dead mafia) had targeted me for a nightkill.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Bluesoul, as I already tried to explain, I redirected Audaces's nightchoice so that I would have verifiable proof of my role. Considering his somewhat not powerful ability, redirecting his ability would provide me with some degree of proof that my role does what I claim it does. As to providing you with proof that I'm not scum, I don't really have a whole lot. Why, if I was scum, would I not want to prove my role? I wasn't trying to get Audec lynched. I'm trying to cover my own back. and that makes sense, regardles sof what side I'm on. At the very least, my redirection of Audaces's night choice is little more than ambiguous.

However, I feel the information I did provide earlier should provide some degree of additional evidence as towards my innocence.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:26 am

Post by Scalebane »

*insert analysis about why der hammer had to reveal that he got it here*

(basically, if I waited to reveal that I'd redirected the message, then the scum couldn't logically not reveal it without directly outing themselves.)
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Scalebane »

(by the way, I have a vote on Der Hammer not showing in the vote count. I don't know if this is intentional)

And I still think we should "encourage" der hammer to claim.

MODNOTE: 'Kay. I edited it, rather than make another long votecount post.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:33 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Perhaps he voted you because you made a really weak claim?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Scalebane »

What you're missing, though, Yosarian, is the fact that the mod edited that post later at my request. as he'd missed my vote for Der Hammer.

Audaces: I'm pretty tempted to suggest that we lynch you, just to test your alignment. Give us more information, much needed at this point.
(yes, that sounds a lot like OMGUS. it kind of is.)

The reason my analysis came across as wishy-washy was because I didn't have any information. I guess more detailed analysis would've been useful in showing everyone my thoughts. And I didn't jump on the Der Hammer bandwagon. I've been suspicious of him for some time now.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Scalebane »

All I'm asking is for you guys to be willing to eat crow when I turn up innocent and exactly what I claimed.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Post by Scalebane »

"eat crow" just means to ... realize that you were wrong and be ashamed because of it. basically. wasn't meant as a clue or anything.

Honestly, I'm slightly doubtful of Der Hammer's claim. Doesn't make a *whole* lot of sense to me. The issue is just that I've not played mafia in a while so I doubt my instincts more than I should. I want certainties and facts which are pretty rare things in mafia games. We have a few in this game (a few confirmed innocent). It also makes it hard for me to figure out how to correctly defend myself considering that I don't have a whole lot of evidence that I'm not scum, except what I know. I guess hunting down mafia correctly is the only real way to do much towards proving your own allegiance. But that comes back to me not trusting my instincts. I simply made my post earlier in frustration at my own inability to prove my name. I know that a pro-town should "play to win" and never give up. I just don't know any other evidence or argument I can make towards my own innocence.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Scalebane »

This is some additional info, just in case I get lynched. This'll provide you guys with a little more information if I die (and therefore get confirmed).

Night 1 - I randomized Der Hammer
Night 2 - no one
Night 4 - bluesoul
Night 5 - Audaces

Another note:
I'm personally most suspicious of Vismaior and DerHammer. If yosarian is scum, he's very good scum.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by Scalebane »

(really sorry for the triple post here)

Yosarian: I completely fail to see how I've been defending Der Hammer. As far as I can tell, I've been trying to force him to a claim. I've been trying to force people to recognize that the argument against him based on his revealing of Audaces' message isn't a particularly strong one. But in general, I don't think I've really been favoring or defending him. If you look back at my last 3 or 4 posts, I've been encouraging people to vote him for chrissake.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Scalebane »

Wait, I'm confused about something, Der Hammer. Can you please explain why the hell you felt the need to use your power Night 1. I mean, What the hell? That's just ... stupid play. It's also funny, because you don't actually know that it was broomhead's vote that wasn't counting. You just know that your vote was counting double. Yeah, go back and look at the votecount. You're retarded, and I'm right. (Look at Ziliu's total.) Am I making myself perfectly clear here?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:18 am

Post by Scalebane »

Why the hell are you guys still after me? I just don't get it. It's like you're completely ignoring my posts. I'm not even getting any responses out of anyone with regards to my posts. I catch Der Hammer being stupid and irrational and so Armlx just decides to vote me anyways. Is this not making no sense to anyone else?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:17 am

Post by Scalebane »

What evidence on me? did I not point out exactly what was wrong with your assertion that your ability "worked completely well."? Are you even paying attention to what I'm saying about you? or is your primary tactic:
Der Hammer wrote:blah blah blah lynch scalebane, not me! blah blah blah
?

How about providing some actual defense of yourself instead of simply pushing and pushing for my lynch. Maybe a good townie knows to never give up and it's always in the best interest of the town to make sure that innocent people don't get lynched. Or maybe you're not a townie.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm pretty sure that it would've affected whose vote he stole, but not who got to have the doublevote. I'm only basing that on the typical set-up of the randomizer role. Otherwise, the role becomes a good bit more confusing. If I randomized a cop, would you expect it to investigate a random person and give the result to a random person?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:52 am

Post by Scalebane »

Well played, yos.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”