Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:53 am

Post by teucer »

davidangelsummers wrote:
Eon wrote:
vote: teucer

Sounds like some evil hacker nickname! /blames teucer for destroying server
Your name is an anagram of NEO so maybe your a good hacker..:)

I think Teucer reacted badly to post I made with little reason. So I got my eye on him and my Vote still stands.
VOTE TEUCER
If it hadn't been for the loss of the previous posts corresponding with forum downtime, you'd have been able to see me explain the reason (which I did). Said reason being, I'd had almost no sleep at the time. I really shouldn't post when I'm that fatigued.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:55 am

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:*waves at everyone*

random vote: Mert

Nobody had done anything deserving of attention in the lost posts did they?
Yeah, I kinda did.

I made a joke, and it wasn't a very good one, and it confused some people, and I got pissy. Then I got a good night's sleep and apologized.

I think that's pretty much it, though.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:25 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
teucer wrote:
Nightson wrote:*waves at everyone*

random vote: Mert

Nobody had done anything deserving of attention in the lost posts did they?
Yeah, I kinda did.

I made a joke, and it wasn't a very good one, and it confused some people, and I got pissy. Then I got a good night's sleep and apologized.

I think that's pretty much it, though.
Well whatever. Pretty much just posting to bump us past the closed threads.
Yeah, but once you asked I felt compelled to answer.

I mostly play face-to-face, and my posting style here is determined a lot by that. Without the written record of everything, an important maxim is that when history changes only the mafia benefit. Normally, we have a record that stops them from rewriting the past of the game, but this game appears to be an exception.

I'm wondering if that was a flavorful response to the server crashing or if the hackers have some kind of post-deleting powers.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:43 am

Post by teucer »

Vote: Nightfall

No good reason, except that I know it's not me and he's the other person in the tie. If anyone finds a real reason why someone is scum, I'll probably move my vote.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 am

Post by teucer »

Mert wrote:
Unvote: Fungusalpha, Vote: Teucer
. That's a bit wordy to be a random vote but it's clear that there is no real motive behind it... the whole admission of no reason thing worries me and is good enough for a vote at this point.
We need to find scum.

We have a deadline, and there is a tie. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

I am not scum, though of course I have no way to prove it. Therefore, I am not voting without reason - I'm voting for the only probable lynch that (from my perspective) might be scum. I see a possibility of lynching town and a possibility of lynching scum as preferable to a guarantee of lynching town (which is what happens if I'm lynched) or not lynching and giving the scum a head-start, which is what happens if there's still a tie.

But since you guys seem intent on voting me out instead of the other person I'm tied with, I guess I'm dead. At least I didn't have a power role.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
teucer wrote:
Mert wrote:
Unvote: Fungusalpha, Vote: Teucer
. That's a bit wordy to be a random vote but it's clear that there is no real motive behind it... the whole admission of no reason thing worries me and is good enough for a vote at this point.
We need to find scum.

We have a deadline, and there is a tie. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

I am not scum, though of course I have no way to prove it. Therefore, I am not voting without reason - I'm voting for the only probable lynch that (from my perspective) might be scum. I see a possibility of lynching town and a possibility of lynching scum as preferable to a guarantee of lynching town (which is what happens if I'm lynched) or not lynching and giving the scum a head-start, which is what happens if there's still a tie.

But since you guys seem intent on voting me out instead of the other person I'm tied with, I guess I'm dead. At least I didn't have a power role.
Deadline isn't for a week. Did you really think that the votes wouldn't change before the deadline?
It's just a safeguard.
If
nobody does anything scummy, then I would rather lynch someone I have no information about than someone (me) that I know to be a townie.

But if anything comes up that makes me think someone's more likely than normal to be scum, I'm going to vote for them. In fact, I'm about to reread the thread to make sure I can't find anybody to vote for yet. The wagon on me seems (from my perspective) to be a particularly good place to look.

Also, kirby, thanks for pointing out that I'm at lynch-2. I had miscounted the votes since the vote count in my nervousness about being lynched and thought it was -1, and had been seeing the votes for me pile up pretty damn quick, so I was expecting a hammer any minute - hence the "I guess I'm dead" post.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
unvote: vote: teucer

Better lynch there.
I understand that I look scummy at least briefly in most of my games (I blame my newbieness when it comes to online play; I'll probably look even more so when I'm actually scum, which hasn't yet happened on the internet), but everyone else who picked up on it this time around gave an explanation. Even when wrong or "just a hunch", those tend to be helpful.

IGMEOY: Nightson
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
I understand that I look scummy at least briefly in most of my games (I blame my newbieness when it comes to online play; I'll probably look even more so when I'm actually scum, which hasn't yet happened on the internet), but everyone else who picked up on it this time around gave an explanation. Even when wrong or "just a hunch", those tend to be helpful.

IGMEOY: Nightson.
Pretty sure gut isn't a very helpful reason. Pretty sure I think you're more likely to be scum then Nightfall.
Knowing that it's just a gut instinct is more helpful than if you don't tell us anything, though.
HackerHuck wrote:Teucer, must have missed this first statement, since it clearly indicates he would not have been lynched without another vote. I too find that vote a little fishy, but not even close to being worth a lynch at this point.
No, I didn't miss it.

I just don't think not lynching is a good idea. We haven't lost anybody yet, and maybe finding scum is better than letting them pick the first death (guaranteed not to be scum).
dahen wrote:I really didn't like the giving up and early townie claim by teucer. He says he miscounted the votes, and in that case it's more understandable. Also I am against all townie claims unless it's mass claim time, but that's another story.
I don't like to claim at all, whether I'm town or not, but there are times when enough pressure is coming down that I feel it's the best way for me to stay alive - and the best way for townsfolk to help the town is to survive. A bunch of votes piling up real fast generates an awful lot of pressure.
Maximus wrote:Teucer, how do you know the Nightfall is scum? You said that you'd rather lynch someone who, you think, is scummy. I'd like to know why you think he is scummy. Then you went and said that you are going to reread the thread to find someone even scummier, particularly the wagon votes that were put on you. Also, you stated that you'd rather lynch someone that you have no information about than someone you do. If you just lynch "someone" and they turn out to be a power role, you have kinda wasted a role and a lynch, eh? Why not lynch someone whose actions and logic reeks of scum than lynching someone who just "looks" scummy?
I don't think there's anything noteworthy about Nightfall, actually - but no other vote would have broken the tie, and with a deadline coming I did kinda want to break it in the direction that doesn't have me dying. After all, I know I'm not scum, so it's less likely to hurt the town if we lose someone I don't know that about. (Of course, the odds are pretty good that Nightfall can say the exact same thing - this is an explanation of my vote rather than a reason for any of the rest of you to follow suit.)
Nightfall wrote:Wow, alot happened in the last few days. Although I understand teucer's actions, Im not that sure I like his vote on me. grrr. If he did miss the statement then it would make sense. Heck Im pretty sure I've done it before. If he is in fact town it would make sense for him to say, "well, I know that Im town, if im lynched we loose a town member. If we lynch him, at least there is a small chance we hit scum". My issue with the vote is why vote me, and not a player with 1 vote. In that event it would be a 3 way tie for "lynch leader" and more likely that one of the others would be voted for/be scum.
You know, that would have been a much better idea.

Of course, now that a bunch of people jumped on me for doing it wrong, it's too late.
HackerHuck wrote:I think Teucer has set himself up to be the town's fallback lynch if we cannot find concensus on scum. His statements indicate that he really isn't clued in to what's helpful to the town. He has now - on page 2 - pseudo-claimed, given up, and made the assumption that we are about ready to lynch either him or Nightfall.
I'll confess I'm not the most clued-in player in the world - I'm pretty good at face-to-face play, but most of that is because of an ability to read body language that doesn't really do jack on the internet. (This is only my fourth online game ever, and I've caught a fair bit of heat in the others as well).

And I'm not sure what you mean by
pseudo
-claimed. Is there more than one way of reading what I said?
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:35 am

Post by teucer »

Since nothing better than what I noted earlier has come up and the deadline is soonish, I'm going to
Unvote: Nightfall
and
Vote: Nightson
. But I confess I'm not very confident about it.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Post by teucer »

Eon wrote:Seriously this server ...is weird
Gorram hackers.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Post by teucer »

Since the deadline's gone, I'm also going to
Unvote: Nightson
for the nonce.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:25 am

Post by teucer »

HackerHuck wrote:Teucer, what's going on here? I didn't get why you had switched your vote to Nightson after you got jumped on for your vote on Nightfall. Now you've unvoted again. Between all the votes and unvotes and the Nightson/Nightfall, I'm really confused. It all seems a little fishy to me.
FOS: Teucer

Mind explaining the last vote for Nightson?
I voted for Nightson because, with a deadline approaching, he looked the scummiest to me. But I said at the time that I was far from sure about it, and so with the deadline gone I choose not to leave my vote there. If he or anyone else does anything blatantly scumlike I'll go back to having a vote out there, and I do think Nightson is the most likely choice - I'm just not confident enough for it to warrant a vote in undeadlined conditions.
BTW, the pseudo-claim comment was because you really only said that you weren't scum at first and then at the very end of your post you said "At least I didn't have a power role."
Okay, if you don't think that's good enough, I'll be more explicit.

I am a vanilla townie.
I'll save the flavor for when it's able to confirm others.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:50 am

Post by teucer »

HackerHuck wrote:I would like to better understand why you think that Nightson is the scummiest. I realise that you've unvoted since, but you felt strongly enough about him to change your vote right before the deadline without giving Nightson an opportunity to respond.
Actually, I did give him a chance to respond when I first brought up the fact that I consider a non-random but unexplained vote to be scummy. I don't care what the explanation is, but whyever you vote for someone you should tell the rest of the town so they can decide if they agree with your reasoning. "I'm voting on a hunch" is much more informative than "I'm voting", and more info rarely harms the good guys.
davidangelsummers wrote:ok, first things first lets get every one checking in. The ball must start rolling.
Teucer, how do you feel about claiming so early now you have had some time to think?
How has it helped your case ?
We already knew that you apparently had a non power role. I cant see the reasoning..but thats me
It was me giving up since I miscounted and thought I was one away from lynch, and was about to be hammered at any minute. If I thought I was likely to survive, I wouldn't have said anything.

I probably shouldn't have anyway, but I was panicking.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am

Post by teucer »

Mert wrote:I'm still interested in Teucer's claim... I want him to answer DAS' questions as soon as he's back and ready to post.
1. Now that I have more time, I don't think I should have claimed. As I say, the claim was really more of a capitulation, and a mistaken one.

2. I don't think it's helped my case at all.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:35 am

Post by teucer »

Maximus wrote:I think teucer panicked a little bit. He put himself into a spotlight because he saw, or thought, that he was going to be lynched any minute. He already explained himself that he is still learning how to better handle himself should he be put into a spotlight.
Quite frankly, I try to avoid being in the spotlight until late in the game, no matter what my role. Calling attention to yourself never helps the town. It's just that I'm still not very good at doing that using only cold text.
fungusalpha's explanation for his vote, in Post 56 is a bit sketchy. Not sketchy enough to warrant a FOS or a vote yet but just pointing it out.
I disagree. Vote-hopping is, in some cases, a genuinely mafia-like action, and there's nothing remotely sketchy about pointing it out. Good call on fungusalpha's part, even though in this case he's wrong.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:57 am

Post by teucer »

I'm here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”