HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I think I had voted for Nightfall, but I had no good reason. There's no good reason not too either...

Vote: Nightfall
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

dahen wrote:Ok, it must be one of you hackers that took down the site or something.
I voted Nightson and so will it be. I mean, Fritz followed me. How wrong can I be?
vote Nightson
You must be pretty wrong if you think we've got a Fritz here...

...unless you meant that the server went on the fritz.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

mod wrote: Currently,
no one
will be blocked, due to a tie.

>re2fan has dismissed his alert; he should increase discussion to avoid another
>however, all other users have been alerted, they have 72 hours
Teucer, must have missed this first statement, since it clearly indicates he would not have been lynched without another vote. I too find that vote a little fishy, but not even close to being worth a lynch at this point.

Hopefully Teucer's folly will stimulate enough discussion to get our deadline lifted. I can't make a reasonable decision with as little information as I've seen so far.

I would like a clarification on voting results at deadline. At the time the deadline was placed, we had two users at two votes and three users not voting. Does a tie result in a no-lynch?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I think Teucer has set himself up to be the town's fallback lynch if we cannot find concensus on scum. His statements indicate that he really isn't clued in to what's helpful to the town. He has now - on page 2 - pseudo-claimed, given up, and made the assumption that we are about ready to lynch either him or Nightfall.

I do find it interesting how much sympathy he seems to have garnered, even from those who have voted him.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:33 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Teucer, what's going on here? I didn't get why you had switched your vote to Nightson after you got jumped on for your vote on Nightfall. Now you've unvoted again. Between all the votes and unvotes and the Nightson/Nightfall, I'm really confused. It all seems a little fishy to me.
FOS: Teucer

Mind explaining the last vote for Nightson?

BTW, the pseudo-claim comment was because you really only said that you weren't scum at first and then at the very end of your post you said "At least I didn't have a power role."
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:14 am

Post by HackerHuck »

You have misunderstood me. I don't think anyone at all was asking you to claim and neither was I. I was only explaining a question you had about something I said. My reference to the pseudo-claim was more regarding your intent - i.e. you weren't claiming outright as you did above, but you gave out enough information for us to determine your role. I think that the general preference would be for you not to have claimed, even in such a roundabout way.

I would like to better understand why you think that Nightson is the scummiest. I realise that you've unvoted since, but you felt strongly enough about him to change your vote right before the deadline without giving Nightson an opportunity to respond.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:58 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Same as everyone else. Checking in and will try and do a reread in the next day or two so I can say something clever.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:09 am

Post by HackerHuck »

If I'm counting right, we've got four votes on Teucer now and I don't see much reasoning behind it.

The game has stalled and I can see the thought behind a wagon kicking things back off, but I prefer Nightson's direction and will resume the random voting stage.

Unvote: Nightfall
Random Vote: dahen
I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce that one.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:18 am

Post by HackerHuck »

dahen wrote:
Mod
Can we get a votecount please?
I think this means we have another two days before you will get one.
yellowbounder wrote:>votecount -temp

The system will shut down for repairs for 84 hours. During this time, no votecounts will be created, or requests for them responded to.

The Emergency Chatnet system will stay online for this time however.

>/root/sys chomd holiday.sys 888

VOTECOUNT SYSTEM OFFLINE
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Doesn't look like anyone has time to post...

The system repairs should have been done by now. Where is the votecount?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:03 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Nightfall wrote:BUMP>
I don't know if that will help. Could we maybe get a massprod?

The timing of the last crash really screwed up the momentum here.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:28 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Maximus wrote:Nightfall brings up an interesting point. Teucer did explain a lot, and ended up repeating himself at the end so more pressure on him would either make him slip up if he really was scum or it might filter out a scum who might slip up while we're all pressuring teucer. So when dahen said, "it wouldn't hurt to pressure teucer", he was right. It wouldn't hurt anyone but scum or a power role who gets misunderstood and is lynched accidentally.

So we can apply the same logic to dahen and pressure him until he slips up or someone else does?

Unvote
Vote: dahen
Huh?

It sounds like you think dahen was right to pressure teucer since it should bring good results. If that's the case, why are you switching off of Teucer and onto dahen? That doesn't make sense to me.

FOS: Maximus

Welcome Spectrumvoid!
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 am

Post by HackerHuck »

spectrumvoid wrote:Who's on top of my LOS:
Eon. Look at his behaviour (summary above) before he posted he wouldn't be around (or something like that.) He lurks for pretty much half the entire game (before the lifting of the deadline). When he finally reappears, he posts non-content. Then again disappears, ignores my issue, and foses mert for being aggressive. Since when was being aggressive a scum-tell?

I read Eon's being non-commital, and lurkiness (by posting non-content to attempt to seem not lurking) as scum-tells, and I'd like to hear an explanation from him. (Yes, I have post 129, but I'd still like a response.)

I'm also unhappy with the way nightson kicked off the random voting. I think there was quite a bit of significant information pre-2nd-crash. Since my predecessor survived under pressure for quite long, scum could be trying to move off and place someone else under heat. That leaves me as a possible fallback lynch for town, while conveniently moving off the spotlight to out another pro-town.

I also have some issue with Max, but I'll wait for his response 130 first.
I'm not sure I get the displeasure about Nightson. The game had stalled, we were more than a week out of the last crash and the wagon on you (Teucer) had fizzled out. I'm not sure what he should have done, but I don't understand why a "restart" is bad. I also must have missed the significant information, so would you mind clarifying that for us?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

dahen wrote:Nightson wanting to start over. Might be questioned, but I'd say valid at the time, since there was no activity. We shouldn't forget teucer though.
unvote: teucer
Dahen seems to be really interested in a Teucer lynch, but he unvoted?

We got a deadline pretty early on this game and it seemed to give us a little boost. Another one wouldn't be too bad if we don't pick up the pace here in the next few days...
mod wrote:> All alerted users that have not acknowledged their alarms will be refreshed in twenty four hours, if they do not respond.

system> chatnet -tip

Stuck? Unsure of what to do? Try starting at the beginning of the process all over again. Then you could make new progress. If you really feel stuck, then ask for someone to deadline you. People always work better under pressure.

end of file
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Away from the board until the 18th. It doesn't look like I'll have much trouble catching up on my return.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Wow, I haven't missed anything but a couple of replaces.

I'm thinking that a deadline might be necessary if we don't get more involvement. It seemed to stir up the pot last time.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

spectrumvoid wrote:Unofficial vote count

3 - dahen (HackerHuck, Maximus, nightson)
1 - Nightfall (kirbyphreak)
1 - teucer (davidangelsummers)
1 - fircoal (spectrumvoid, fungusalpha, nightfall)
1 - spectumvoid (fircoal)

Mod: I think maximus has disappeared.

It's unfair for us to operate at deadline when we have so many people missing.
I think this is a bit off. Didn't you replace Teucer?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:54 am

Post by HackerHuck »

spectrumvoid wrote:Unofficial edited vote count

3 - dahen (HackerHuck, Maximus, nightson)
1 - Nightfall (kirbyphreak)
2 - SV (wldhrt, Fircoal)
3 - fircoal (spectrumvoid, fungusalpha, nightfall)

How nice of HH to pop in and say nothing at all. What do you think of the Fircoal wagon?

I've sent the mod a pm. We need mass prodding.
That's rather insulting. I think my contribution was important to correcting a mistake that might mislead people.

I don't get the fircoal wagon, so I'm not moving my vote there.

I can't say that the dahen wagon is any better, but there is little to go on with all the content I've seen.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

spectrumvoid wrote:I've been trying to explain this in my newbie games...

People who bemoan the low activity should DO something about it. I'm trying to get discussion going, you check in and correct my vote count which is unofficial anyway, then you say oh, it's because there's too little content. If you've been posting, there would at least be more content than there is now.

What a good excuse to lurk.

FOS: HH
I believe I have made more than a few attempts to try and keep the discussion going in this game, so I find your categorization of me inaccurate.

Your vote count - unofficial or not - was incorrect and it needed to be corrected. Should I DO something by tossing a vote your way for downplaying your own wagon? That would have started some discussion.

If your goal is to get people to post more and contribute, you might want to rethink your tactics. If anything, your FOS on me (and your vote on Eon) is a disincentive for people to post unless they have something profound to say. When a game is stalling like this (especially as we approach deadline), any posting activity is good - even this discussion.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:27 am

Post by HackerHuck »

spectrumvoid wrote:I totally disagree, but I don't want to get into a shouting match here. I don't think shouting matches = discussion.
Agreed.
spectrumvoid wrote:The only thing you've said is that you don't like the Fircoal wagon. Care to explain why?
I think my last post covers that pretty well. Your original vote on eon seemed more along the lines of a lurker lynch. Others were just as non-committal as he, but he happened to make a "non-content" post and complain about the lack of content. In a game with an overall lack of participation, I don't believe that lurking is a scumtell.

The wagon is further pushed due to Fircoal's defensiveness. Considering he joins the game as the only player who is being actively pursued, I don't find his defensiveness that scummy.

I think that when a game is somewhat inactive, what normally appears scummy seems less so. I would normally be suspicious of those pushing such a weak lynch (on Fircoal), but you seem genuinely interested in keeping this game moving.

My vote is on the current leader, and I don't see any reason to move my vote. We've got three people within one vote of each other, so I'm optimistic that there will be some more activity as the deadline nears.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:50 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, today's the deadline. It doesn't seem to have added much in the way of pressure to post. According to Spectrumvoid's recent count, we're at a tie between Dahen and fircoal. That means no-lynch by the mod's rules. I'm not in favor of a fircoal lynch for my reasons above. Given the pace of the game, I'm also in no hurry to lynch a recently replaced player who is still contributing. I'm going to leave my vote where it is and see what happens.

Confirm Vote: dahen
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm here and lurking in plain sight...

It appears that we have a tie at deadline, which means no lynch.

Maybe we should have Yellowbounder request that everyone PM him before the nightime ends and indicate whether they would like to continue and whether they would be open to a restart of this game. I hate to see a setup get wasted when a mod puts in the time to develop one and I'm afraid that with the crashes, this game won't get back off the ground if we're replacing half of the players.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Vote:Restart
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:45 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Given the level of participation, I don't think we can realistically continue playing.

I would like to play in a new version of this game, but I think it's best left to YellowBounder as to whether we know too much of the mechanics to be able to play in a second iteration.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm in for the restart.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Honestly, I can't see that there was anything posted in this game that would seriously interfere with anyone's judgement.

Should we close this thread and wait a couple of weeks before restarting? That might let the cobwebs rebuild.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:18 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Staying: HackerHuck

I would say that those who have claimed or indicated alignment would have to retire.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:55 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, now that the SK and the scum group have been confirmed, the only unknown is who had the town's power roles.

Unless this thread can be locked from viewing, it's going to have to get a whole new set of players.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”