Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:20 am

Post by Illumina »

Still here, just very busy. I'll do a re-reading and have something constructive to add by today or tomorrow at the latest.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Post by Illumina »

I'm still in.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:25 pm

Post by Illumina »

I'm really busy with finals, but I should be able to play more actively after the 16th. I've been keeping up with the thread somewhat in the meantime, and I'll probably have time to throw in my two cents between papers.

As for the game: I'm inherently distrustful of a day one cop-claim, but I'm definitely for letting CPE go for now.

Right now, that's all I've got...
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Post by Illumina »

High possibility of scum wagon.

I can be swayed by solid reasoning, but I want to hear reasons for voting Zindaras. My thinking is, he could very likely be a mason. I don't see trying to fakeclaim mason as a good scum play.

Also, why are we going after a claimed cop?
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Post by Illumina »

TSQ: See my post Post 234.

Although tEoM's latest post is troubling...
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Illumina »

TSQ: Whoops. I forgot to consider the possibility of scum mason, so he really can't be 100% sure if that's the case.

TEoM's response still puzzles me, though.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:09 pm

Post by Illumina »

I don't like HurriKaty's two most recent posts. However, after reading all of HurriKaty's posts I honestly can't figure out what makes him/her such a good lynch candidate. So either the wagon is scum-driven, or there's something I'm not seeing.

Could everyone with a vote on Hurrikaty give their reasoning, please?
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:59 pm

Post by Illumina »

Thok: That's quite a misrepresentation of my post. I don't see questioning a wagon or asking for clarification as unhelpful, nor did I ever say that any wagon definitely had scum in it.

I get suspicious of those who vote without posting their reasoning -- I think this is fair. In the case of HurriKaty and Zindaras, I saw a handful of people voting them without a lot of explanation for reasons that weren't transparent to me. What you misinterpret is that in both instances, I deliberately outlined the possbility of scum while leaving open the possibility of something going over my head. Thus, my asking people to provide clarification has a two-fold purpose: to make sure their reasoning is sound, and learn something I may have missed. Is this not helpful or reasonable?

Note that I'm not necessarily against a HurriKaty vote -- I've yet to hear compelling evidence for it.

As for specifics, I've gone through the thread twice now. The only objections Thesp had with HurriKaty were in Post 199, specifically: being suspicious about HurriKaty's objection to answering Fritzler's question, and wondering why HurriKaty bothered to explain his/her unvote (something I don't understand the logic in faulting...). There is no further analysis whatsoever between that post and when Thesp votes HurriKaty in 250.

Your first post is in 257, where you FOS Hurrikaty without reasoning. You then vote HurriKaty in 266, again without reasoning. STD votes without reasoning in the post after yours. You also took issue with Hurrikaty's response to being voted, which I agree with. But this was after you had already voted, and it wasn't clear to me why you decided to vote in the first place.

So, again, all I'm asking for is concrete reasoning of why HurriKaty is a good lynch. While I'm not necessarily in defense of HurriKaty in any way, I'd like some explanation as to why she/he's so obviously scum. Considering no one has provided much, I think this is reasonable thing to ask for.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:57 am

Post by Illumina »

I should really be doing papers, but I'll throw my two cents in >>

I missed the bit where TEoM denied knowing what Zindaras was talking about, but yeah, masons = not likely. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but there's no way to really know at this point.

Also, dahen: welcome to the game. I feel I've debunked Thok's
misrepresentation
post about me, and based on your post you objected for the same reasons Thok did. (This is especially convenient, as it means I've essentially debunked your post pre-emptively :wink:). I think it's a little odd that you immediately sided with Thok on that point -- noted for future reference.

You also imply that I would have been more productive if I'd voted for someone, which I disagree with.

I also don't see compelling evidence for TSQ yet. I know we have a deadline, but I'm not enthusiastic about him as a lynch candidate.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Post by Illumina »

Since I've totally been re-reading the thread when I should have been writing, my top lynch candidates are EoM, Thesp and Olio, with Olio being the most substantial.

I don't like Olio's post 78, where he advocates lynching EoM simply for his beginning self-vote. When Zindaras pressed for an explanation, post 82 seemed overdefensive, and I still didn't like his reasoning. Post 84 also seemed overdefensive, as if he were trying a little too hard to cast suspicion on Zindaras, for asking a question I'd consider logical. In post 119, Olio immediately shifts his vote onto CPE for voting EoM:
Olio wrote:unvote
vote: CPE for attacking poor Mordor like that. Shame on you!
This is right after Olio was voting EoM himself, and CPE's reasoning didn't strike me as being problematic. He also posts in 158 without any real content whatsoever, minor tell.

Regarding EoM, I don't like how he jumped on the CPE bandwagon in 125 so readily. His saying that lynching him is never good for the town is also a minor point.
I've already posted my issues with Thesp earlier, but ultimately I'm going to
Vote: Olio

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”