big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:30 am

Post by big_kahunia »

/confirmage
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:45 am

Post by big_kahunia »

not yet. mod just posting the rules. Hopefully, Scalebane confirms so we can start.

I suppose in the meantime we could share our fav parts of the movie. I love when Walter smashes the fancy car, which isn't the kids. Then the dude's car gets smashed. That scene always cracks me up.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:07 am

Post by big_kahunia »

When I signed up, I hadn't seen it. I saw most of it later on cable. In many of the theme games I've played in (and modded), just a general knowledge of topic is required. Everything one needed to know could be obtained by research online. Perhaps, this isn't my place, but this attitude is strict imo.

Atticus, let's be a little more cordial, shall we? Patience has been shown to you, so show it to others.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:09 am

Post by big_kahunia »

This outcome is not what I expected when I tried to break the ice. Thanks Atticus for showing respect at the end. We can't control how ppl take things.

Definitely riktus, I just want to play mafia. 2 replacements and the game has yet to start. yikes. (2 assuming Scale remains mia)
Sherlock - have you emailed Scalebane?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Sherlock, do you mean that Masterchief replaces Scalebane?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:15 am

Post by big_kahunia »

fyi: I'll be away Friday morning through Sunday afternoon. So, if the game starts then, I won't be posting right away.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Hello all!
I am extremely suspicious of chaotic_diablo and Colonel Kurtz for the following logic.
They had posts in other threads before confirming here. Let me set this up.

The time of Sherlock’s first post: December 23, 2006, 8:23.am (PST).

The above time is the key to my logic.

The reason, I believe it is scummy of them is because stalling gives them more time to talk. The mod didn’t set a limit for the amount of time to confirm, so the mafia won’t confirm right away so they have more time to talk and strategize. They got their roles and yet didn’t confirm when they had ample chance. They must be mafia.

Colonel K didn’t confirm on 12/24/06 at 10:55pm when he posted in mini 389 (also in coney isle) at same time. He says he hadn’t had internet. But he posted on the 24th and the 25th and the 30th, before confirming on the 31st. I don’t doubt you have been having home internet problems, but why the need to tell us about it when you could posted sooner? And why do you stall the game?

chaotic_diablo also, had a post in ny on the 24th, 2:21pm (after Sherlock’s post), but didn’t confirm until December 26, 2006, 10:42.am. He had eight other posts (all games btw) before he confirmed here, some on each day from the 23rd and 26th. Why would he wait 3 days to confirm, when he could have confirmed right away?

>>>>>>>>>
Everyone (save Scalebane) confirmed right away without stalling. By right away, I mean no posts in other games/threads before logging out and beginning a new session. Here is the evidence:

StallingChamp’s last post was Dec 23rd, 3:25am, then he confirms in his next post on scum. Fircoal replaced SC.

I confirm very soon after (no place else between confirming post and Sherlock’s post).

PlaysWithSquirrels doesn’t post anywhere but here after Sherlock’s post.

Atticus makes one post, after Sherlock’s opening post, in MeMeMeet maf on the 24th. But he confirms 2 minutes later here. I don’t consider that blatantly stalling the game like chaotic_diablo and Colonel Kurtz do.

willows_weep’s last post was on dec 18, 7:18am; then in her next post on mafiascum, she confirms here.

Riktus’s last post was on dec 22, 1:13pm, then his very next post is here to confirm on the 25th.

Lazarusmoth’s last post was on dec 22, 2:57am. Then he confirms here and in another game on the 26th, his next log in time.

Kirbyphreak’s last post was on dec 20, 12:57pm. Then in his next post, he confirms here.

Warpdragon’s last post was on dec 22, 5:06pm (in v/la thread, no access until dec 31). His next post was confirmation here.

Scalebane’s last post was on nov 30, 8:00am, and he needed replaced by Masterchief.
I’m not sure about Masterchief/Scalebane. Scalebane’s absence doesn’t make him scum by trying to stall the game, because he hasn’t posted anywhere since Nov 30th (not even in his own game mini389).
>>>>>>>>

As you all can see, by this logic, CK and CD must be scum.

I will
vote: chaotic_diablo
, b/c he already has a vote. By himself ironically.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 am

Post by big_kahunia »

CK wrote:Fact: Mafia can only talk at night

If I was in the mafia, I would have to be breaking the rules of the game to strategize with my mafia budd y/ies. The purpose of a Day start is that the mafia cannot act before there is any voting, so they have no more time to strategize than the town has to figure out who they are.
No.

It is not a
fact
, it is a guideline that moderators use on scum. They use to guideline; because, most games start at night. For instance, in mini340, the players confirmed in thread and thereafter, it was night 1. Don’t you think the mafia would be able to communicate during pregame? Since the game went directly to night, they would be talking anyway.

In the wiki article, it states that the mafia can talk at night. It does not say that it is
only
at night. In the past, most of the games started in night, so the subject of mafia talking during pre-game was not an issue.

Fircoal wrote:I don't know Colonel Kurtz is scum, since he believes so strongly
Both sides will appear strong. Each side plays to win. Having a tough view does not make one innocent. I’ve seen games where the mafia believes in an argument strongly. A player with a strong view tells us nothing; other than, the player plays to win.

chaotic_diablo wrote:Sorry, I'll fix the problems.
BigK wrote:The reason, I believe it is scummy of them is because stalling gives them more time to talk. The mod didn’t set a limit for the amount of time to confirm, so the mafia won’t confirm right away so they have more time to talk and strategize. They got their roles and yet didn’t confirm when they had ample chance. They must be mafia.
Although it makes sense, it's still baseless. Your argument only holds in a limited fahion if you are correct that the "stalling" took place. Since opinion isn't evidence, it is questionable whether "stalling" was intended. There is no greater chance of me intentionally stalling than simply forgetting.
Baseless, I disagree. And how are we to know if you were stalling—because you said so?
On day1, it’s all about circumstantial evidence and plenty points at you and CK. As for simply forgetting, I think it interesting that someone could compose a logical argument and be so forgetful.
chaotic_diablo wrote:
BigK wrote:Everyone (save Scalebane) confirmed right away without stalling. By right away, I mean no posts in other games/threads before logging out and beginning a new session. Here is the evidence:
The evidence on the other players only include the things that you can document. While it's true that they did not post since Dec23, that doesn't mean they haven't been on the site. It just means they simply haven't posted. As a result, it can be predicted that those people will post and contribute the least.

That may be true in general. In our specific case, it is not. Most confirmed within a day or two. That time frame is about when people log on.

Note: I didn't cover everything I wanted to in this post. I have a paper due soon and must work on that. I'll get to what I haven't early tomorrow morning.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:46 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Lazausmoth, why did you vote CK and not CD? CD had more votes at the time. By the logic, they are both guilty. Why shift votes to one as opposed to the other?

CK wrote:That more than likely just means we have masons, or the moderator is reminding everyone that the mafia can talk at night.
I agree. Masons and mafia are the instances the mod’s referring to.
willow wrote: Though b_k, how is it that you began to investigate that specific track?
It's just a bit odd to me, to be away all weekend then have that be your first day 1 post.
I wrote the post (set it up as much as I could) when players started confirming. I didn’t write this past wkend, but much before that, before school started back up.
Btw: I’ve been “tracking,” not stalking. ;)
CD wrote:I highly doubt that you're so perfect that nothing would slip your mind.
Touchy, touchy, touchy.

With of sourness directed at me, let me state the reason for doing the post.
The rationale for putting out the stalling data was to generate clash and provide a starting point. In many games w/ a day1 start, the mafia do confirm later (if they are allowed to converse during pre-game) in order to strategize. I don’t think this is a bad conclusion. Does that mean everyone who does so is mafia? Not necessarily. I think it is good circumstantial evidence. As opposed to random voting, I provided a place to start, a place to generate leads and views of players. The "they did this, so they must be scum" gets better clash than "they did this, so they perhaps, might, or possibly not or who knows for sure, be scum."

Like a few others, I am concerned at the lack of posting by others. Post Count, negating confirms and pregame posts.
Atticus 1
big_kahunia 3
chaotic_diablo 8
Colonel Kurtz 8
kirbyphreak 0
lazarusmoth 1
PlaysWithSquirrels 0
riktus 7
Masterchief 1
Fircoal 5
warpdragon 1
willows_weep 4

Others need to post more (me included). What do ya'll have to say?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:54 am

Post by big_kahunia »

unvote:CD
vote: larausmoth
, for lurking (like quite few players) and not answering my question. Yes, I am tired of waiting.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

PlaysWithSquirrels, just because you haven't seen the movie doesn't you don't have to share your thoughts. What do you think about the game itself?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:47 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Colonel Kurtz wrote:Just go ahead and point, your argument probably will be crap because the scummiest thing that's gone on so far is big_kahunia's 'he waited to confirm so he must be scum' idiocy, but at least it will be different crap.
I would appreciate if you would keep the personal attacks to a minimum. It is fine if you disargee with my points, but you could do so in a more diplomatic way and one that fosters a good playing environment. Thanks.

Regarding the game, I am satistified with my vote. All people, when you sign up for game, you have a responsibility to contribute to it. I know a few players have, but some have not.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:51 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I don't know where you're from, but calling someone an idiot is a personal attack. You said, "bk's ... idiocy." I don't appreciate this. Don't say that you're attacking the argument; because, your words clearly state what you mean. I stated my rationale for posting that argument.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

CK, I see this is more your posting style as opposed to attacks. You hint this in post 58. That’s the way you play; I’ll get used to it. I understand that you didn’t make direct personal attacks at me; but rather, posted your logic in a way that I interpreted as a person attack.
As for me being a religious fundamentalist? I don’t know. Just look at my sig. :).

CK wrote:
big_kahunia wrote:I stated my rationale for posting that argument.
And the mod stated why your argument was completely invalid. Just because you have a "rationale" does not mean that you are right. That pretty much applies to everything you've said in this game.
The mod’s edit was for players to not talk about the game during pre-game, in addition to night. Rule 8 states that for some roles the earlier rules may not apply. The possibility remains that the mafia could talk during pre-game. Everyone has posted examples of mafia not being able to talk in PG and mafia being able to talk in PG. In the end, it depends on the mod, I ‘pose we won’t know for certain until after the game.

Atticus wrote:Vote: big_kahunia because aside from the lurkers he occurs to me as the most scumy, mainly for his adamant pursuit of "They are scum because they waited to confirm"
I was adamant in my pursuit to get the game going and provide discussion. I address this point in post 88. If you want me to go further, I will upon being asked.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

heh. Atticus, you might want to read post 90 (or all my posts for that matter). For the record, I have never voted CK this game, only CD and Laz. I can see why ppl might think so because of our disargeements, but I have never voted him.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

riktus wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:I don't see how a no lynch will benefit us, but I'll see what happens after a bit.
It doesn't. But a lynch with nothing really to go on benefits us less in my opinion, cos we haven't really made it any more likely that we'll hit scum.
I argee.
unvote: Laz
vote: no lynch
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #128 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

btw: No worries Atticus.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”