Policy Discussion: Invitationals

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Thok »

1. Yes
2. One large game and one to two smaller games would be ideal, IMHO.
3. I'd go with lightly themed; there should be a touch of a theme, but not enough for one to deduce game information. (Exceptions; I have no problems with heavily themed Meta-games [games with the MS community as a theme])
4. Rotate between mod choice (moderator chooses based on his whim), nominations (people select who they want to see in a game), and applications (people apply to be in the game, followed by some selction process, aka Verbose). I do not expect these to be done 33-33-33% of the time.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:Public voting? That's had objections for reasons of rejection/ill will on the part of those who don't get in.

Secret voting? Subject to throw-away accounts/ballot-stuffing.
Voting by PM takes away the issues of Secret voting: the mods can reject PM's from throw away accounts. I don't really care about ballot stuffing issues for the most part.

I also assume that anybody running the invitational would have common sense; "HotRussianLover12038" shouldn't be getting into an invitational no matter how many votes or nominations she gets.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Thok »

Just a reminder that invitationals don't have to mean "best of the best". For example, I have sort of a morbid attraction to a "Golden Raspberry" invitational where invitees were selected from those who made spectacular mistakes in mafia games over the past year.

(I don't expect such a gme will ever happen, but hey it could be cathartic/amusing.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”