Newbie 310: It's All Over -- WOO-HOO!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Fircoal »

Vote: Azkar
for being scum, scum are the people that want to lynch me. :wink:
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Fights all already. :)
But off topic. :(
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:Waiting for theopor, I suppose. In the meantime, this is the only post that could possibly be remotely scummy:
Azkar wrote:Alright .. scum hunting time :D.

random.org says I should
vote: Fircoal
Feels like a "safe" post. Random.org to not be held responsible and the ultra-townie smilie with enthusiasm and reassurance that scum is the enemy.

Unvote: Seol,

Based on very little, but it's a start.
The only thing scummy about that post is that the vote was on me. It's just a random vote, nothing special, except the vote was for me.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:
Azkar wrote:
VitaminR wrote:Feels like a "safe" post. Random.org to not be held responsible and the ultra-townie smilie with enthusiasm and reassurance that scum is the enemy.

Unvote: Seol,

Based on very little, but it's a start.
Well, I guess if you really want to grasp at straws .. *shrug*

Seriously, though, is random.org any more a suspicious reason for voting someone than any of the other reasons offered, so far?

I guess I'll try to curb my excitement about the next game I play ;). I admit it, I'm an impatient person. I waited through the queue, I waited through the confirms stage, and I was just happy about getting into the game.
It is pretty much just grasping at straws. :D

But also to test reactions, like Fircoal stepping up to defend you. That could at some point become useful information.
THe only reason I defended him, was because it didn't seem like a scum post. Just what I think.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Fircoal »

Thesp wrote:
Fircoal wrote:THe only reason I defended him, was because it didn't seem like a scum post. Just what I think.
Unvote: theopor_COD, Vote: Fircoal.
Methink he doth protest too much.
How is my defense protesting to much? I only said it didn't seem like a scum post, to me.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Post by Fircoal »

unvote: Azkar
Vote: Theopor_COD

You put Azkar at -1 lynch, that's a newbie game scum tactic.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I voted Theopor_Cod, because he put Azkar at -1, and a newbie, but to you it may not seem like much of a problem but it stood out more to me. If we allow people to put someone at -1 lynch, the scum can lynch that person, making in 2:3 on the 2nd day, I don't want that to happen. Like your vote on Azkar, I am picking straws. As I said before I only defended him because it didn't seem scummy to me. It really wasn't really a defense, but more my opinion on the case. I didn't seem that defensive when I typed it out.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Thesp wrote:
VitaminR wrote:While I don't think theopor_COD's conviction is warranted, putting Azkar at -1 is not really all that significant. One of the votes on him was a random vote by you, who has clearly stipulated that he does not agree with the suspicion on Azkar (and therefore would not support a lynch). Also, anyone hammering Azkar this quickly would come under close scrutiny. It is not all that dangerous.
So...tempting...must resist...hammer of doom...
either that's sarcasm, or it proves my point.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Azkar wrote:
VitaminR wrote:I would also like to hear from Avinyl and Seol.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

I'm pretty sure I saw Seol posting in another game, earlier today. I hope he hasn't forgotten about us :(.
MAybe he has no comments.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I voted Theopor_Cod, because he put Azkar at -1, and a newbie, but to you it may not seem like much of a problem but it stood out more to me. If we allow people to put someone at -1 lynch, the scum can lynch that person, making in 2:3 on the 2nd day, I don't want that to happen.
The point is that scum would give themselves away by doing that, which is not worth lynching a townie. A pro-town player should never hammer in that situation.
Actually in my last newbie game, a pro-town IC lynched someone at -1, without much proof at the time, and it was Page 2. If you want the game it was Newbie: 298
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Fircoal »

To me it seems that the two most scum like is Theopor_Cod, and VitaminR. Though I too, would like to hear from Avinyl.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Fircoal »

To me it seems that Theopor_Cod is too involved with what happened before and is trying to accuse the same people, that sounds scummy to me.

Any thoughts?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I'm saying that Theopor_Cod didn't really believe the argument and thought that if he changed his argument now, he'd come off as scum. That's what I'm starting to think, but it's just a theory. But if that is true, he is scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I'm still not sold on your argument Theopor_COD. I think I'd like more than, I as foolish, but I still agree with my foolishness.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Fircoal »

so, theopor_COD, who said you still liked your, explained your foolishness then not explain, why you were so happy with it, when you first said you were foolish. Then you remove the vote. Sounds odd.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Fircoal »

You said you were foolish for your vote, but were happy of it. - That was odd.
Then you explain your foolishness and take your vote off of Azkar. What was odd was that you didn't explain what made you unhappy since you 3rd to last post.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Fircoal »

What makes me guilty besides the thing you already claimed foolish?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Wow, a debate that I don't seem to understand, can anyone summarize it?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:I've read the Soel/VR discussion and it's gone totally over my head so I'll re-read it again later and see if any of it makes the current situation anymore interesting.

I will say I find this quote strange here prior to the discussion, appreciate it VR, but strange all the same.
VitaminR wrote:Theopor, it may sound definite, but I just don't think you're scum. I don't know why, because you're not really making a great deal of sense.
Seperately Avinyl's input isn't overly helpful, for a start I'm pretty sure I put Azkar at lynch -1 not Fircoal and I think he needs to explain his reasoning for voting VR a bit more. Plus his vote below suggests he wants to hammer me but is afraid to do so because he'll become suspect number one tomorrow.
Avinyl wrote:I am sorry about my disappearance, i have been ill, but now i am here.
From what i have read, i think theopor_COD, Fircoal and VitaminR seems suspicious. Fircoal defended Azkar with great fervor, and then got very upset over putting Azkar at Lynch -1. Theopor_COD just seems supicious, and VitaminR does not stand for what he says.
I would vote theopor_COD if he was not at lynch -1, so i will
vote VitaminR
As such
vote avinyl
I agree, avinyl's post wasn't that good I think I'd like more of an explanation. Also, my lack of comment has because I can barely understand the Soel/ Vitamin R debate.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
I agree, avinyl's post wasn't that good I think I'd like more of an explanation. Also, my lack of comment has because I can barely understand the Soel/ Vitamin R debate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :?
Same here.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Fircoal »

Hmm, I'd say I still suspect Theopor_Cod the most, but my suspicion for him has been going down.
AFter that it would be Avinyl, and Seol.
Then Vitamin R and Thesp.
Then Azkar
Then Me.

If I'm understanding the Seol and VitaminR debate then I'm gets suspicion. VitiminR, made a good point in the last post, which made him see suspicious.

Oddly, the debate I can't understand come in a newbie game of all game. :?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Seol wrote: Fircoal I'm having difficulty understanding. No offence meant, but is English not your first language?
Fircoal wrote:If I'm understanding the Seol and VitaminR debate then I'm gets suspicion. VitiminR, made a good point in the last post, which made him see suspicious.
What do you mean here? I read it as:

"If I'm understanding the Seol/VitaminR debate, then it makes me suspicious. VitaminR made a good point in the last post which makes [Seol] seem suspicious".

If I'm misunderstanding you, please clarify. If not, it would be helpful if you highlight the point you agree with.
No, English is my first language, I just word things in a weird way. Also, yes your correct about what I said. But I don't know if I could pull out the points because I don't seem to understand the debate that much, but I think this was the quote:
Something that stands out is how his vote for me has been absolute. He doesn't FOS or indicate any change of direction or in suspicions. Firstly, that movement is crucial in the opening phases of a game. Secondly, it moves the debate above a level of direct relevance. Without any apparent consequences to his official position in the game, whether or not a point of his is acknowledged or refuted becomes irrelevant.
Seol, I agree with you on your suspicions on Theopor_Cod, and lack of them on Azkar. Though I think Thesp is lurking to much to be cleared. Avinyl is also scummy to me in the same ways that he is scummy to Seol.
Seol and VitiminR, have confused me too much to think much about them, besides that they both could be scum, but not with each other.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 am

Post by Fircoal »

Theopor_Cod, now that was a good post.

Fos: Vitamin R

unvote: Theopor_Cod

I'm not sure if your scum or not, but you seem to be less likely to be scum after that post.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:Fircoal is definitely not scum.

It's Seol and Azkar, I'm fairly sure. That's just gut, though. I don't really expect anyone to follow me at this point.
Seol maybe, but I don't think that Azkar is scum.

In fact, I want to here from one of our lurkers, names Thesp. My suspicions at this point are about the same as Seol and Theopor_Cod, except the fact that they both could be scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:
Fircoal wrote:
VitaminR wrote:Fircoal is definitely not scum.

It's Seol and Azkar, I'm fairly sure. That's just gut, though. I don't really expect anyone to follow me at this point.
Seol maybe, but I don't think that Azkar is scum.
I thought that too, initially. They've avoided each other so neatly, though. They've barely commented on each other's behaviour. Seol avoided the Azkar wagon, Azkar has avoided the Seol/me debate.
Well the Azkar wagon could of been seen as either way, and the debate was not understandible by me and Theopor, so maybe Azkar didn't understand it either.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:As for the Azkar wagon, Seol didn't comment on it as it was going on. He attacked me when it was winding down.

Sorry for all the double posts, I'm mostly posting on the cuff here.
That is odd, I don't think it's likely that Azkar is scum. Though if he was it would probably be was Seol as said. VitaminR what do you think about Thesp?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:13 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:He's the only one I'm not that sure about. I'm reasonably certain neither Avinyl, theopor or you are scum.

The way he FOSed Seol seemed sincere and, if scum, it was not really in his interests to divert any attention to a suspect who seems unlikely to be lynched. Theopor, Azkar and me make much easier targets.

I think he is pro-town at this point.
2 things,

how are you sure Avinyl isn't scum.

And who did Thesp try to divert the attention off of.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Fircoal »

I'd say that Avinyl's post may of been sincere but it doesn't clear him. I think that Thesp could be a scum partner with you VitaminR, I notice how you seem to think he's pro-town but can go the other way, maybe that's because if he turns out to be scum, the suspicion will be off of you.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:Yeah, that was my cunning plan.

I call three players pro-town, and then I'm scum for not being absolutely sure on the fourth one?
no, I'm just putting out suspicions, I'm not sure on Thesp, but it seems that he's more scum then town, I'm still not seeing much that could make Thesp or Avinyl more on the town side.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Fircoal »

VitaminR wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:Well if we listen to you then Azkar and Soel are the scum partners, right?
Yes and I do definitely think Thesp is likely to be pro-town. A big contributing factor, however, is also that I don't think an Azkar-Thesp pair or a Seol-Thesp pair is likely from the way they've interacted.
What interactions?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Fircoal »

Well discounting Thesp, it would be Seol, Aviynl, and Vitamin R. These are what I think are the possible scum combos.

VitaminR/ Aviynl
Seol/ Aviynl
Seol/ Azkar

Seol are in 2, and so is Aviynl, Thesp could be added to Seol, or Aviynl to make another combo. So I think that the most likely scum pair is Aviynl and Seol.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Fircoal »

Vote: Seol

I feel I can trust Theopor_Cod, Akbar, and Thesp a little bit. I'm almost sure that Akbar is pro-town. If we lynch Seol, and he's a townie, I can see that akbar is most likely pro-town, and will trust him more, but if he is scum. We'll be down 1 scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Fircoal »

I would like to hear input from Theopor_Cod, Seol, and Avinyl. I've heard what Theopor said, but a little more has happened.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Fircoal »

You lowered my opinion about Theopor_Cod, Seol. This makes it interesting. Seol, what do you think about a combo so you and Azkar as scum?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Seol wrote:Well, I know I'm not scum, so I know I'm not scum with Azkar.
Well then what are your opinions about Azkar?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Fircoal »

ok here is my list:

Seol
VitaminR
Avinyl
<huge gap>
Theopor_Cod
Thesp
<big gap>
Azkar
Fircoal
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Mod, can I have a prod on Azkar?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Fircoal »

WOW, tons of posts, this is getting good. Suspisions being thrown around. I argee that Seol and VitaminR are either good town, or good scum. I think we should lynch one of them, because it will give us more hints on the case.

Sorry, Avinyl for spelling for name wrong.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Fircoal »

Azkar, what do you think of Avinyl, and Thesp?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Fircoal »

Azkar wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Azkar, what do you think of Avinyl, and Thesp?
Avinyl needs to post something with more substance. His posts and attacks feel really weak, because he doesn't offer anything to back them up. It could be a sign of lurking scum, or it could just be that he's not a very talkative person. It would set my mind at ease, though, if he gave us a nice meaty post.

Thesp doesn't really raise any alarms for me. What he's posted has been fairly logical, and good. Still, it would be nice to hear more out of him :).
I agree with your points. Can you give a scum list. Scummiest first.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Fircoal »

Hmmm, seems a lot like mine, I think I need a scum list from Thesp, as he's the only one who hasn't gaven one.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Fircoal »

I too, can see a Thesp VitaminR partnership. Seol and Avinyl have many possibilities for scum pairs.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Fircoal »

wow, another long post, these posts make me think which of you 2 are scummier.

Unvote
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 am

Post by Fircoal »

This is getting so confusing. Both of you make great points.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:Fircoal what do you make of Thesp's point?
I don't know why he thinks I'm scum, and how he can clear VitaminR, with the proof we have.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Fircoal »

Welcome gorckat
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Sorry, forgot about it. I meant that there wasn't that much proof, by the proof I meant the fact there is no proof basically it says.

how can he clear VitaminR, without the proof that would be needed.

Also, Symayth plays, would be done by either side.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Fircoal »

The reason I'm switching my stand point, so much is that so many good arguements are going out, I don't know who to trust, and who is right. Every post I believe who ever posted last. I Don't think that fishing is a scum tell, and I'm not fishing for power roles.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
vote fircoal

Been reading some of Thesp's games, he's obviously on to something.
huh? I haven't seen any proof of me being scum. I'd like to know why you and Thesp think I'm scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I see your point, but what if they thought it would put them in too much suspicion. Maybe they might not of been able to get out of it. I don't think that's any reason to clear them, if you are clearing them. That post makes me a bit more suspicious of you.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by Fircoal »

But what if you were mafia and they didn't hammer you because either they were town and wanted more proof, or they were scum with you.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:Fircoal let's say I'm wrong, where are you thoughts currently?
My thoughts are that you seem to be more scummy. As I see more suspicion pile on me, it looks like I would of been a better target to go after instead of the other 2. Also, I think you might be trying to cover for your scumbuddy.

Seol and VitaminR have both been posting good arguments (Not as much lately, but before during the debates), which both of them seem like they are trying to get the other lynched.

Thesp, is hard to get a read on.

gorckat, is still looking like town in my eyes.

Ayinvl,
really
needs to post more. Ayinvl's posts are a bit scummy.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: My thoughts are that you seem to be more scummy.
No surprise there being as I'm starting to point the finger at you.
It's not that your pointing your finger at me, it's that you seemed to pick me, to vote for because people are starting to get suspicious of me. It seems your trying to make a bandwagon.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:As I see more suspicion pile on me, it looks like I would
of been a better target to go after instead of the other 2.
I suspect Azkar/Gorckat and Thesp for the same reasons but Thesp's posts don't seem to concern me so much, I'm not convinced with Gorckat however, he's come into the game and posted a one-liner or so attacking VitaminR and as yet hasn't commented on any of the early wagons, possible avoidance? I'd be content voting him for the same reasons I'm voting you.

It seems like you picked me because I'm probably the best cannidate to be bandwagoned on. You say Gorckat looks scummy but yet you didn't vote for him, or Fos him.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: Also, I think you might be trying to cover for your scumbuddy.

Who's that then?
If your scum probably VitaminR, Seol, or Avinyl. Though I see the biggest possibity of it being with Avinyl then VitaminR, and not really with Seol.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: Seol and VitaminR have both been posting good arguments (Not as much lately, but before during the debates), which both of them seem like they are trying to get the other lynched.

Agree, but there's still a possiblity there both town. Getting each other lynched doesn't mean jack really if one was mafia as I say they could lynched me and then used that excellent debating skill to escape the next lynch.
There is that possibility, just pointing it out.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Thesp, is hard to get a read on.

Ayinvl,
really
As for these three amigos, I'm with you on Thesp, he does need to explain his vote on you in better detail. As I say I've read some of his other games and he seems quite a master, we have sure got some top IC's in this game in Thesp, Vitamin and Soel, I feel in awe after the way I started the game. I think I read somewhere best tactic with Thesp is to follow him, if he town are doing well he's town, if town are doing badly he's scum.
You are voting me, based on that Thesp has a feeling I'm scum, and you say he does need to explain on it, while that was part of the reason why you voted me. What does being an IC have to do about it? Did you listen to Seol and VitaminR all the time? And the whole town doesn't depend on Thesp's role. Also, how do we know if the town is doing good. Is anybody dead? NO! Do we know who the mafia is? NO! At this stage, only the scum and the mod can tell how good we are doing.
theopor_COD wrote: Fircoal, any thoughts on Gorckat's reluctance to post anything but a small slip from Vitamin, I don't see much in it to be honest, he's pretty much avoided everything else

And which posts in particular are you finding scummy from Avinyl, mind as I've said before he does need to post something which is going to help the town once during the game. Either that or ask to be replaced because his lack of assistance is a hindrance he's either doing it on purpose i.e scum or telling the truth, i.e internet problems. However he's not going out of his way to catch the baddies.
Well that is a bit scummy that, he's mainly focusing on that. But I've seen him post about what he thought of the player's scumminess. I'm finding Avinyl's lack of explaintion all the time scummy. I think he is telling the truth about internet problems though.

for the reasons above.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: My thoughts are that you seem to be more scummy.
No surprise there being as I'm starting to point the finger at you.
It's not that your pointing your finger at me, it's that you seemed to pick me, to vote for because people are starting to get suspicious of me. It seems your trying to make a bandwagon.
theopor_COD wrote:
I suspect Azkar/Gorckat and Thesp for the same reasons but Thesp's posts don't seem to concern me so much, I'm not convinced with Gorckat however, he's come into the game and posted a one-liner or so attacking VitaminR and as yet hasn't commented on any of the early wagons, possible avoidance? I'd be content voting him for the same reasons I'm voting you.

It seems like you picked me because I'm probably the best cannidate to be bandwagoned on. You say Gorckat looks scummy but yet you didn't vote for him, or Fos him.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: Also, I think you might be trying to cover for your scumbuddy.

Who's that then?
If your scum probably VitaminR, Seol, or Avinyl. Though I see the biggest possibity of it being with Avinyl then VitaminR, and not really with Seol.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote: Seol and VitaminR have both been posting good arguments (Not as much lately, but before during the debates), which both of them seem like they are trying to get the other lynched.

Agree, but there's still a possiblity there both town. Getting each other lynched doesn't mean jack really if one was mafia as I say they could lynched me and then used that excellent debating skill to escape the next lynch.
There is that possibility, just pointing it out.
theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Thesp, is hard to get a read on.

Ayinvl,
really
As for these three amigos, I'm with you on Thesp, he does need to explain his vote on you in better detail. As I say I've read some of his other games and he seems quite a master, we have sure got some top IC's in this game in Thesp, Vitamin and Soel, I feel in awe after the way I started the game. I think I read somewhere best tactic with Thesp is to follow him, if he town are doing well he's town, if town are doing badly he's scum.
You are voting me, based on that Thesp has a feeling I'm scum, and you say he does need to explain on it, while that was part of the reason why you voted me. What does being an IC have to do about it? Did you listen to Seol and VitaminR all the time? And the whole town doesn't depend on Thesp's role. Also, how do we know if the town is doing good. Is anybody dead? NO! Do we know who the mafia is? NO! At this stage, only the scum and the mod can tell how good we are doing.
theopor_COD wrote: Fircoal, any thoughts on Gorckat's reluctance to post anything but a small slip from Vitamin, I don't see much in it to be honest, he's pretty much avoided everything else

And which posts in particular are you finding scummy from Avinyl, mind as I've said before he does need to post something which is going to help the town once during the game. Either that or ask to be replaced because his lack of assistance is a hindrance he's either doing it on purpose i.e scum or telling the truth, i.e internet problems. However he's not going out of his way to catch the baddies.
Well that is a bit scummy that, he's mainly focusing on that. But I've seen him post about what he thought of the player's scumminess. I'm finding Avinyl's lack of explaintion all the time scummy. I think he is telling the truth about internet problems though.

for the reasons above.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:

I edited a quote I messed up.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote: As for your points above - only Thesp was suspicious of you, I am after re-reading but from what I can tell no one else, there's no need to do a spot of
WIFOM
with the I'm starting to bandwagon line, hell it's page 11, we need to develop some theories, do you expect to not once come under any suspicions? I think at some stage everyone does.
Gorckat also, was suspicious of me.
theopor_COD wrote: You then totally ignore my question on Gorckat, the one that he's come in and not commented on the early exchanges only on a passing misnoma from Vitamin. Mind you refer to it being slightly scummy at the foot of the post, I'd love Gorckat to add more opinion by the way because right now Vitamin looks pro-town to me as does Soel.
I anwsered the question. Yes, Gorckat should post a bit more about it. But I'm still getting the pro-town vibes, from Azkar.
theopor_COD wrote: I'm not scum so the third part is irrelevant, however I like the way you assume Avinyl is the next most scummy, because he's absent I guess?
No, it's because he doesn't explain his posts well. I think we need to hear more for him, but that's not why he seems so scummy.
theopor_COD wrote: The argument on Thesp is just one I've picked up from reading some of his other games, he must find something suspicious in you, however I'm not voting you for the fact he is. Yes his vote made me review my opinions of you and after reading your posts and then re-evaluating the early wagon, I've formed my own opinion. I cannot see why you think I'm following Thesp's reasons for voting you especially as we don't know Thesp's reasons!
The way you worded your posts it seemed that Thesp voting for me, was half the reason.
theopor_COD wrote: As for Gorckat/Avinyl. I find Gorckat more scummy and yep if you turn out to be mafia, then he's the one I'll have my eye on next, you want an
FOS
for him there you go.
Both need to explain their posts more. But Azkar looked like a townie, so I think Avinyl is more scummy of the two.
VitaminR wrote:Fircoal, I don't think it's fair to say that theopor picked you. He has repeatedly stated the reasoning that led him to suspect you. Also, you're not the easiest target. Thesp may have his vote on you, but his reasoning is still non-transparent. I have Avinyl and gorckat voting for me, with Seol more than ready to join if theopor were to show willingness to vote me.
I meant that he picked me out of Thesp, and Gorckat. Thesp is consided pro-town by almost everyone, so I don't think he'd look there. Also he said Gorckat is almost as scummy, yet he hasn't put much proof there. maybe it's because he think's my bandwagon would do well? While he has reason, it seems like there are other things in his vote.
theopor_COD wrote: I think either you or Soel could easily argue your way out of a lynch the following day especially when it was in lylo. It would make sense to kill one experienced player at night, then all it needs is one newbie townie to make a rash vote the next day on a townie and the two scum could easily pile on. It just seems a viable option. I also don't know how convincingly clear both me and Fircoal. It does seem Vitamin that you have a vendetta against Soel and to be honest I don't think either you or Soel are scum.

While that may be true. What's to say that the newbie townie would put a vote on a non-scum, there are risks in it, and also another IC could get them lynched.
theopor_COD wrote: As I say I'm pretty leery of both Fircoal and Gorckat wouldn't have a problem voting either.

What do you mean by that?

[quote="gorckat]In my mind, a slip is unintentional. You do not intend to do it. You "slip". I know no other way to say it. Based on how I remembered the article on tells, referring to someone as town so concretely was a tell (implying absolute knowledge of someone's innocence).
[/quote] Thinking someone is town concretely, is a scum tell? :? :lol: that makes no sense. People have thoughts about who is scum and town, and are sometimes stuck to those opinions.
VitaminR wrote:Seol is very logically consistent, but his behaviour doesn't fit that of a confused townie to me. He doesn't go out of his way to build theories and ask people questions. He doesn't suddenly change his mind or come up with new things.

that is a good point. He hasn't asked any questions, it seems he only defendes himself, and put reasons on VitaminR and Theopor_COD.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by Fircoal »

gorckat wrote:Fircoal was up on my list because I'd also seen him as floating suspicions around and leaving himself an expansive out with his "I believe whoever posted last".

VR (and others, I suppose) corrected me on my application of the "townie without saying if" tell. The next logical step is for me to, as I'm told they say in Norway, put my face in the butter.

vote:Fircoal
The I believe whoever posted last, thing was about Seol, and VitaminR and their debate and how their points make me switch sides often.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #57) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Fircoal »

I'm ok with a Seol, or Theopor_COD lynch. MAybe Avinyl, too. I still think that Theopor_COD is the scummiest, and Seol is close to that.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:30 am

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:I'm ok with a Seol, or Theopor_COD lynch. MAybe Avinyl, too. I still think that Theopor_COD is the scummiest, and Seol is close to that.
Go on why?

Because I cast suspicion on you is it, at least point out why you find me scummy, an argument for my lynch shall we say and the same for a Soel lynch.

I'm still happy with a Fircoal or Gorckat lynch.
What do you mean by "Go on why"?

MY reasons are the same as before.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:
Fircoal wrote:What do you mean by "Go on why"?

MY reasons are the same as before.
I just think your whole argument against me is pretty much OMGUS because I decided to take a closer look at you.

As soon as I found your posts/actions suspicious you've then gone back and ascertained that I'm the scummiest pretty much for finding some suspicion on you. Yeh I followed Thesp a little but he didn't elaborate on his reasons until after my theory on the early three votes and yep the same theory applies to him and Azkar/Gorckat but their responses seem to have come with an understanding that townies will analyse things like early voting patterns and come to conclusions. You on the other hand don't seem to accept that a townie would do such a thing and find suspicion on yourself. I find everyone pretty suspicious and haven't cleared anyone . . . but unless anything dramatic changes in a day I'll be voting you.
It wasn't OMGUS, I thought that your reasoning was scummy, as I said before, and that you could of picked the other people but the bandwagon factor was what tiggered it.
gorckat wrote:They both are probably our best bets. I'm gonna go back and re-read Fircoal's vote history to see if it makes sense (an alignment with Seol). I'll try to post again shortly.
WAit a minute didn't you review my posts? Also you're already voting me, wouldn't that be a point that you already would of looked over.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #60) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Vote: gorckat
I'm not scum. You're not cop. We both win.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #61) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by Fircoal »

My thoughts is that the other scum is Seol. Seol was gone, so Gorckat had to make the kill. VitaminR has put the most suspicion on him so he killed him. Now he wants me lynched. Also Seol fighting with VitaminR goes back to my one is probably town one is probably scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I argee with Theo, Gorckat wasn't every helpful, he kept on the same point.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #63) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Fircoal »

I've done more than you have Gcorkat. And I know Avinyl is the cop, the only way he is not, is if Mos' 2 cop scum theory is true.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Fircoal »

gorckat wrote:
vote: Fircoal

I could vote either Fircoal or Avi...I got the guilty on Fircoal so that's where I'll go. Avi tried to counterclaim me, so there was no need to investigate last night at all, really,
but I had loooked at Thesp and got (obviously) innocent.
Conventant don't you think.
Vote: Gorckat
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:Fircoal thoughts on Gorckat's partner?
I already said that I think it would be MoS.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Fircoal »

gorckat wrote:If I was scum, don't you think I would have cleared my partner (the way Avi "cleared" you)
to make it easier for theopor to make up his mind?
I see, you basically said your partner. And no, the scum would want a lynch and fast.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Fircoal »

gorckat wrote:@Firc and theopor (well, mostly theopor):
If
I was scum, I would have a partner. If I was scum claiming cop and "found" a guilty one night, wouldn't it make sense for me to clear my partner the next? Especially in this situation?
IT would make some sense, but it makes more sense for scum to claim that they clear the dead man. And of course, you knew who was going to die.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Fircoal »

theopor_COD wrote:This game is taking up all my thoughts at present, I couldn't sleep last night because of it weighing up the options . . . waiting on MoS to respond to Avinyl's findings because I'm still concerned there's a chance Avinyl and Gorckat are playing us for fools.
I hadn't thought if they could both be scum.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #69) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Fircoal »

BAH!
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Fircoal »

Good Game everyone. VitaminR was right for his scum choice at the end of the day.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Fircoal »

I really enjoyed the game too.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”