Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:24 pm

Post by Thesp »

Thesp wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Zippers make sounds that sound like mice. The claim makes sense in the context of this game. Also, the flavor almost certainly precludes Zindie/CC being scum. I don't think Zind is making this up.
I can adopt a wait-and-see approach.
I intended to unvote here.
Unvote: Carbon Copy.
I would be down for a Primate lynch.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Primate »

massive wrote:Primate's role claim is ridiculous in the face of a proven similar role, and his role doesn't match his role. Claiming to be a "future clone" (Nicky has already been cloned) and purporting lynch immunity doesn't make sense.
This is bizarre. I counterclaim Zindie, and you use it as a point against
me
that our roles are too similar? Well, no shit sherlock. That's what a counterclaim is. And I don't have lynch immunity. I have two lives. Lynch me, and I won't die. Cause I still have a life left, y'know? Maybe the reason you got speedlynched in that other game was because you were paying as little attention and making such meaningless points as you are in this one, f.y.i.
'PS: Primate's role isn't actually like Zindaras's role, which offers him a second vote as well.
No. His is strictly better, and due to it's composition, is much more likely to be held by scum. And are you genuinely saying that there isn't much similarity between townie with two lives vs townie with two lives + two votes? Saying that the fact I don't have have two votes makes our roles different almost seems like it's purposefully making an attempt to miss the larger issue.
Im very happy with my vote.
Zindiras acted scummy and was forced to claim, then was counterclaimed, and you guys still give him the benefit of the doubt? How stupid is that? Did you miss the earlier post where
in the same post
he tried to get me mislynched on a role basis and at the exact same time tried to convince me that both our roles could exist in the same game? And this is double life townie. It's not like it's a common role. And it's not like two of them will exist in the same game on the same side.

Lynch me and I won't die, but that doesn't stop it being terminally stupid.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Glork »

If you are "lynched," will the game go into night immediately thereafter?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by Glork »

If you are nightkilled, will we be informed of your death and subsequent revival?

If you are nightkilled twice in the same night, will you be revived and then killed, or does it count as one kill?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Primate »

#1: It's not mentioned. Common sense and precedent suggests yes. I will ask though.

#2: From what I gather, only I will be informed. I may be wrong. I'll ask.

#3: I'm probably missing the upside to this being public knowledge. Is there one? Surely it's a good idea to convince the mafia that the first is true, even if it isn't?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Well if a doublenightkill doesn't result in your being dead, it might be a good idea to suggest to a Vig (if we have one) that they kill you. That way we can gain info from goign after a lynch on a completely different player.

So yes, it might be relevant and helpful for the town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Primate »

I see few compelling reasons why we shouldn't get this sorted as soon as possible, really.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Glork »

You're not exactly in a position to be choosing when and how you will be tested.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Glork »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Unvote Carbon Copy

Need a re-read.
How's that re-read coming along, DP?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Primate »

I would prefer for this to be sorted by tomorrow than to put it off to lynch someone random.

Unless you genuinely believe there to be two townies with two lives in this town, it seems a much more sensible play to lynch one of us today, deal with the other by vig(failing that, lynch) than it does to run up someone else, risk getting a more valuable role to claim, and putting deciding this off until later in the game.

Not to mention the fact that the the question you're asking about relies on the mafia effectively killing a vanilla townie, which isn't exactly bad.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Glork »

Beh, I guess I see your point. I still need to think on this for a while.

In the meantime, I want to hear input from some of our other players.

Also,
Mod, could you do something about Blagho?
He still hasn't posted, and based on his inactivity across the site, I'd guess that he'll need to be replaced.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Primate »

He's gone again? :(

Blahgo was the first person I ever lynched. *wistful*
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by bertrand »

blahgo has not picked up his prod - so I will replace him.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Glork wrote:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Unvote Carbon Copy

Need a re-read.
How's that re-read coming along, DP?
Not as well as I hoped (been sick yesterday). In principle, I agree with eliminating one of the similar role claimers. Will need to go throgh the thread agani before I commit myself to a vote for either.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 am

Post by massive »

A reply to post 126, in three parts, without quoting, because it just takes up a bunch of space.

1. Primate, you did not counterclaim Zindaras. You merely said that his role claim was "complete fabrication" without providing anything to back it up until pressured by multiple votes from the town. In my opinion, a townie would not require any secondary reasons to come out with their role in that circumstance. Guaranteed of lynching a scum, a townie would say, "That's my role!" and be done with it. A townie would NOT wait 37 posts (including 8 of his own, albeit most were lacking in real content) to suddenly remember he has a valid point for calling another player's role claim a "complete fabrication." The rest of my point, as quoted, stands. Having lynch immunity does not make sense given your claimed role of being a cloned cat. And, to top it off, being an ass will not make me miss you even if you ARE town.

2. I am saying that they are different. Zindaras's role is "strictly better", as you say, and the double-vote ALONE makes it infintely more likely that he is town, and NOT scum as you seem to think. Simple lynch immunity is a totally different animal, not to be punny or anything.

3. The votes that led up to Zindaras's role claim, if I remember correctly, were more related to determining who was beyond the Carbon Copy alt account, and not actually due to any sort of scummy behavior. In any event, your claim of "counterclaiming" Zindaras is already questionable.

In any event, I'd be interested to hear what the "answers" to the questions you posed to mod were.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Primate »

1. As soon as Zindie claimed the flavour of being a cloned cat, I knew he was lying, hence the 'complete fabrication'. I then proceeded to try and drive a lynch on him without having to claim fully. I figured that my hinting of role info and the points I was pointing out against him, alongside the way he conducted himself before, and the simple nature of the role, may be enough to lynch him without the legit counterclaim. A townie would not just say 'That's my role!' if it thought it could get a lynch on the target without saying so, especially a role like mine, that could have been targeted by the mafia, allowing me to soak up a kill, something that will now never happen. Are you saying that if a mafioso claims doc, the real doc should immediately come out and counterclaim, without trying to get the person lynched for being a dirty claim-faker first?

And I can be an ass all I want, it doesn't make me any more likely to be scum. You don't seem to understand the 'lynch immunity' thing. I represent two cats, the original and the clone. If you lynch me, a cat will die. But there's still another cat left, so I am still alive. The same will happen if I am nightkilled.

2. Look. Saying that I 'seem to think' is a little off. From my point of view, it is my role, a multiple lives townie, v.s. Zindie's role, a multiple lives townie with both lives in different accounts, two votes, and one account is mod-confirmed. Games rarely include two roles with one strictly superior to the other (with the exception of restricted townies), so from my point of view, Zindie is a very likely scum. Saying that I should look at all of this objectively is something I can try to do, but it's not my natural train of thought.

Objectively, I'd probly think him scum too. There was the things I pointed out, and also the fact that I've never seen a role like his in the hands of a townie, and I've seen identical and similar roles in the hands of a few scum. It's of a similar nature to a roleblocker, as in, there's no reason it
can't
be more frequently town, it's just it doesn't seem to occur to mods to give it to a townie.

3 just seems an excuse for a cheap shot. You even use 'word in quotation marks to show i dont believe it'. But anyway.

Pm sent now. I didn't do it yesterday. It was, like, 1am when I made that post.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Glork »

Hm.
IGMEOY: DP

Zindaras, if you die, does CC get to stay around?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Zindaras »

If either part of me dies, the other one sticks around.

Primate, I don't think metagaming is a smart idea. This is a game of nonsense, weirdness, and bastard modding. I think you're creating a false dilemma, intentionally or unintentionally.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:20 am

Post by bertrand »

PookyTheMagicalBear is replacing blahgo - effective immediately.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Primate »

just got the PM back.

The game will go to night, you will be informed if I lose a life.

I'll address zindie when I get back from the shops.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Glork »

Did you forget to ask the third question, or are you choosing to withhold that information for the time being?

I am now once again leaning towards wanting to lynch Zindaras or CarbonCopy.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glorky, do you really think that the way I've played this game is the way Scumdaras would play the role?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Glork »

I find it distinctly possible. I don't think I've played with Scumdaras since you've come to MafiaScum, so I really can't honestly say that I remember how tend to play as scum. I definitely could see Zindiescum trying to pass off CC as another player altogether, and the distancing definitely makes more sense if you're scum than if you're town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Zindaras »

You've never actually played against me as scum. We were either scum together (MtG 9, Realistic, Corrupted Agent Smith) or only you were scum (only exception was me being SK twice with you as town).

But that's besides the point. I already linked you to the game where I had a similar role and played it very differently.

Scumdaras uses roles like this in a way that he's not found out, because if he is, he's screwed. Towndaras uses it to get some reactions. That's something I like to do as town.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Glork »

Just because you can point out an example where you played a role differently in the past does not clear you in this case. In fact, any good player will mix up how they play their roles so that others can't use precedence against them nearly as much.

You saying "this is what I do as town and that is what I do as scum" means absolutely *NOTHING* to me because you could very well be lying.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”