Stoofer's 3rd Law

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

This law definitely has exceptions (like the 18 cops vs. 4 mafia scenario mentioned above), but I do agree with the general idea. Let me give you my scenario, which I think is what Mr. Stoofer is getting at:

A game I modded in scumchat (with a Gilligan's Island theme): 2 scum, 1 forced roleblocker (had to use his ability every night), 1 tracker, 1 doctor, 1 one-shot nightkill immune, 1 vanilla townie. Turned out having extra power roles hurt the town's chances.

Day 1: Townie lynched.

Night 1: Scum tries to kill tracker, but doc saves tracker. Tracker tracks a scum.... the one that did not make the kill (too bad). Roleblocker blocks the one-round NK-immune (which, in my book, canceled the immunity for the night).

Day 2: A big argument ensues between the roleblocker and the NK-immune. Both make their claims. Each is sure that they personally stopped the kill, and each is sure that the other is scum (both wrong on both counts). After a while, the roleblocker is lynched.

Night 2: Easy time for scum! Obviously a doctor stopped the night 1 kill; who's the doctor? Not the guy that claimed NK-immune, and not the guy that scum tried to kill night 1. So there's only one person that could be the doctor. Doctor dies, game over.

Too many power roles. Too many ways to prevent a kill. Town loses.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”