Stoofer's 3rd Law

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Fiasco »

If towns are losing because their power roles don't sound plausible, then perhaps townies aren't lying enough.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Fiasco »

There's an important difference between setups that hurt the town because they hurt the town, and setups that hurt the town because the town handles them badly. If it's the latter, you'd expect that effect to go away as towns became more skilled.
"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken." - Oliver Cromwell
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Fiasco »

I think it's hard to justify not vigging N1. Mafia is a race between the town's more-or-less random lynching and the mafia's nonrandom nightkills. Most setups would be skewed toward the town if they were nightless. Vigging makes the game closer to nightless.
Fiasco
Fiasco
Goon
Fiasco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Fiasco »

Fiasco wrote:Most setups would be skewed toward the town if they were nightless.
I half take this back. 3:9 is only 50-50, for example. Still not awful, and you have to take into account the vig not killing himself. (Town lynches possibly being better than random should already have been included in the balance for the game as a whole.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”