Roll to Dodge: Zombie Apocalypse!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1592 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by AcRv »

I'd like to congratulate jmj3000 for surviving since turn one... And also like to bump the thread and think about adding myself to the replacement list. I'm still thinking of a character though.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Post by AcRv »

It wasn't going to be jinxed until you said it will be jinxed... But if jmj3000 does die this round I will take full responsibility.

Oh, and I have my character stuff here so consider this an official /in to replace... which of you two mods want it?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

Post by AcRv »

... bump?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by AcRv »

It had better not have died! I put so much thought into my character!

But yeah, I doubt the mods will have forgotten about this anyway.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by AcRv »

Hmm... what other life forms are in those enclosures?

Actually, let me figure that out myself

Action: Search for something with four legs and wings that breathes fire, and wouldn't object to being ridden on.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by AcRv »

Oh, right, I might want to help with that first in case I find something dangerous and accidentally set it loose...

Change action: Help patch up jmj3000

Next round I'll find something to ride on... is it a free action to look at the various animals near us? If so I do that too.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 am

Post by AcRv »

Hey, Izak, if jmj is going to strangle that thing it's best we raise our arms and say "take me to your leader" so it'll advance on us SLOWLY, giving jmj a better chance at killing the thing with that -1 penalty.

Action: Slowly place my black wii remote at my feet, and say "I am now unarmed. We surrender. Take us to your leader" so the alien will be concerned with taking us to his leader and not be ready for an unexpected strangling

Unless either of you object?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 1753, izakthegoomba wrote:Shit. Would anyone be adverse to getting the hell out of there?

Depends on the answer to this question:

Is there a button anywhere that looks something like a "release animals" button? If so I say we use it. Or just open the enclosure next to us and hope for the best.

If not, then I say we run like heck. Maybe to the morgue so we can loot the bodies.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 am

Post by AcRv »

Okay, so there's no immediately obvious way to release a fire breathing dragon onto the aliens... there goes that plan.

I don't really want to do this, but I think it would actually be better for jmj to be lying there... assuming they think he's dead (which I think is pretty likely given the other corpse who was in the enclosure with us, so they're not new to corpses in enclosures), they should leave him be, so providing we're able to hide for a bit we can get him out later.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:01 am

Post by AcRv »

Actually, screw that.

Action: Pick up
jmj3000
my wii remote and run wherever Izak runs.

Izak can carry jmj3000.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by AcRv »

... Bump?

Also, I'm going to be away from 29th of June til 3rd July (Adelaide time... which I think is -7:30 or so).
So if we are able to get somewhere safe:
Patch myself up

If not:
Continue Running

If we run into another group of aliens:
Point my wii remote at them and demand they drop their weapons
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Post by AcRv »

And by "if not" I mean "If we're still vulnerable to those aliens in the room". And if the others decide to jump through a hole in the ceiling, etc., I'll follow them.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Post by AcRv »

Hey, I'm actually here for this turn.
Tell him my tictacs are a special kind of pill from my universe that can prolong life and give him a couple. (and hope that the placebo effect works as good as it has in the past)

Izak, you may feel free to give him CPR in case my way fails... two people trying is better than one. Especially when relying on Placebo.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by AcRv »

Oh yeah =/ forgot about that bit...

I shotty not giving CPR. You're the tough guy, you've got more strength than me... so you've probably got better lungs too. I'll hold back the aliens.

Action change: use the machine gun app to make the aliens think we're armed and hopefully keep them back long enough to let Izak CPR.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:58 am

Post by AcRv »

If you've got a better idea, I'm open to suggestions... I've just got nothing else.

If you come up with something better, I'm allowing you to change my action because I won't be able to get on here for the next five days, as I said earlier. Providing it isn't "get myself killed" or something similar.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by AcRv »

Well crap.

Approximately how far away are the aliens at this point?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Post by AcRv »

Hang on Izak, don't give up yet. I think I have one more trick up my sleeve. Providing I don't roll another one...

Action: Pull out my deoderant and lighter and spray fire so the aliens will run around the corner straight into it.

I didn't do it earlier because if I got a one I was probably going to set myself on fire. And because it's short range so I'd need to run out to them to hit them. And now they think we're unarmed so they won't be expecting anything.

I'd recommend you get your actual gun out (assuming you have one), then resume the CPR so if this does fail you can run away shooting.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by AcRv »

jmj has a round in his Baretta still, if your gun's empty. It's only one round, but if you make a break and fire off the one shot that'll probably be enough for you to escape. But there's still a chance that this might keep us and jmj safe for a little longer.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1817 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by AcRv »

Where's everyone else?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Post by AcRv »

I have a tie, but it wouldn't be long enough to wrap round my chest... but if any of us have a long shoelace they wouldn't mind taking out of their shoe that would fit round my chest and hold the tie over the wound...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Post by AcRv »

Action: take out my left shoelace and tie it to one end of my tie, wrap it round the wound so the thickest part of the tie is covering the wound, and then tighten it by tying the other end of the shoelace to the other end of the tie.

The aliens won't be coming back any time soon, but if someone wants to grab my lighter and deoderant can feel free to chase them down.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Post by AcRv »

My money says that jmj assumed he was dead and abandoned us...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 am

Post by AcRv »

I don't blame him
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by AcRv »

... Did ALL the aliens drop their weapons when I scared them off? The turn resolution just said "they"... because if it was all of them then this isn't as bad as it could be...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by AcRv »

... would anyone object if I tried the wiimote bluff again? Because I reckon I could whip it out in less than 5 seconds.

Or, of course, we could be boring and just run for dear life?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 am

Post by AcRv »

Action: Make a smart-arse comment at the aliens before rolling back around the corner and finish patching myself up.

Oh, and izak, if you want the flame thrower just drop the Baretta next to me while I patch myself up. I figure I might need SOME piece of equipment that works.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by AcRv »

I think that this deserves a wiki page given it's been active for one and a half years.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 1861, JDGA wrote:That sounds like a great idea. Each player gets their own section for their story?

Well, I actually haven't decided whether or not my guy is insane or actually from a parallel universe... so his story might be a bit difficult until I've made my mind up.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 am

Post by AcRv »

I wasn't sure if they were going to decide or not though. If the mods want to make up which it is then that'd be fine. It'd take the pressure off of me. It would make sense if they did. Either way, I'm still trying to get back to my universe, even if it's not real.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by AcRv »

I'm going to be in Melbourne for the next four days, and I don't know what my internet access will be like over there... so my action for next round may take longer than usual.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by AcRv »

AH! This is halfway down the list!
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by AcRv »

The baretta will be at my feet next round if Izak doesn't roll a one.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 am

Post by AcRv »

In post 1895, Packbat wrote:
In post 1894, AcRv wrote:The baretta will be at my feet next round if Izak doesn't roll a one.

Technically, you're planning on moving away from izakthegoomba, and therefore from where he'll be dropping the Beretta.

... well crap...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1901 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Post by AcRv »

... do we want to see if the aliens are sensitive to high-pitched noises? Because my iPhone has the mosquito on there. And it's either that or run back into aliens, or run forward into aliens. Or we could look for air vents.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1906 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by AcRv »

Oh, if they're all in the same room, then running sounds fine. But I don't think we're getting the baretta back at this point...

Perform a tactical retreat which mimics that of running away, but so it seems less cowardly. And while running, also be on the lookout for the engine room.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Post by AcRv »

^ Love you too <3
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Post by AcRv »

Bump?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Post by AcRv »

Call out "I know you're in here; I'm here because we both need each other." If there is no response, I use my iPhone as a torch to light up the area.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1936 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 am

Post by AcRv »

Well, on the BRIGHT side of things, I've got their attention and I'm not dead.

Raise my arms slowly in surrender, but still hold onto the iPhone, while asking them if they've considered a more efficient type of engine.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by AcRv »

Either that or the lift jams and you find yourself stuck in a confined space while running out of oxygen...

although going down is probably worse that that.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 am

Post by AcRv »

Now it's my turn to be unconscious, I guess...

Uh, not that I have much control over it, but
awaken in front of the commander of the ship, who's happy to talk to me about engine modifications, with all of my equipment either on me or lying on a table in front of me.

If I get a one I have a really bad feeling I'll be back in that enclosure...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by AcRv »

Well... at least I've got a toilet...

Examine the toilet and see if it's got a pipe big enough to squeeze down.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by AcRv »

Hm...

Use the toilet for its intended purpose

I think I'll need the time to think.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by AcRv »

Actually, did the aliens take my iPhone when they threw me in here?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by AcRv »

YES! YES YES YES YES YES!

Action change:
Examine the new tool

I don't need to pee anymore.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by AcRv »

If you go to the leader, can you ask about the engine? I'm honestly concerned that they might overload or something...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by AcRv »

Bump so people don't forget about it.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Post by AcRv »

I've been reduced to actually playing mafia games for something to do when waiting =P
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by AcRv »

It's alright, the mafia games were enjoyabe =)
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by AcRv »

Is there an obvious way to open a panel on the device to get to the wiring?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Post by AcRv »

Assume the latch will open and try to open it
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2017 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 am

Post by AcRv »

Put the device back together and pocket it. If I'm then able to, take out my iPhone and play a loud siren noise while crouching to the side of the door, with intent on being behind any alien guard that runs in at the sound of the alarm.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 2018, jmj3000 wrote:
Fake fainting, then overpower the alien when his guard is down

You seem to enjoy spending time on the floor, don't you?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (isolation #53) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Post by AcRv »

Whip out the wiimote and point it at the aliens to make sure they don't draw first, apologise for the injury on their fellow alien, and tell them I want to offer them a deal and don't particularly want to hurt anyone.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Post by AcRv »

/bump?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by AcRv »

Via charades try to communicate I want them to help their friend and want to peacefully meet with their captain.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by AcRv »

I think that we can all learn from this - if you want to stand a chance, you need to be really good at playing dead.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2060 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 2057, izakthegoomba wrote:Pretty sure I haven't played dead yet.

Well, then you're going to die like the rest of us.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2062 (isolation #58) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by AcRv »

AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by AcRv »

Check out mafiascum from my iPhone whilst waiting for the elevator to get to its destination.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2076 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 am

Post by AcRv »

In post 2073, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 2072, AcRv wrote:
Check out mafiascum from my iPhone whilst waiting for the elevator to get to its destination.

I wonder what would happen if you got a 1

Ideas:

- Phone dies
- You get lynched as scum in a game
- Find out you're banned

Maybe I drop the phone and it cracks?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2080 (isolation #61) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by AcRv »

izakthegoomba wrote:Nah, that's a 2. So is the phone dying. You need to get lynched/banned for it to be a 1 IMO.

Either that or log into Epicmafia by mistake.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2090 (isolation #62) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by AcRv »

Bump the thread

I hope that's a free action.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2094 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by AcRv »

I PMed theplague, but he hasn't seen it yet :L
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (isolation #64) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by AcRv »

This has been one really long elevator ride...
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (isolation #65) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 2100, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 2099, AcRv wrote:This has been one really long elevator ride...

Maybe it's a SPACE ELEVATOR???

Well if I'm up in space I'm probably out of range, so I doubt I'm getting to mafiascum after all =/
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (isolation #66) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by AcRv »

I doubt their internet equivalent will run like our internet... it might work, but I doubt it.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Post by AcRv »

I know what my next action's going to be now.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (isolation #68) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by AcRv »

So we didn't all die unexpectedly? Because that would've been a rubbish ending.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2120 (isolation #69) » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by AcRv »

I've been waiting to see the bridge for so long I can hardly wait

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”