Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by ubertimmy »

This looks a lot like scum-glork trying to spin away his mistakes.
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by ubertimmy »

by scum-glork, i mean glorks style when he is scum
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by massive »

Sorry for the delay, y'all, I was at a monster truck rally.

And contrary to both your points, Primate, I do not think (a) that your lie is merely something that you can brush off nor (b) that your explanation of said lie, if you are town, necessitates explaining what my role is.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Glork »

ubertimmy wrote:This looks a lot like scum-glork trying to spin away his mistakes.
Has anybody ever told you that you're terrible at reading me?

Thanks. <3
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Glork »

Mod: I think Pooky's asking something like this:
In the initial post, the flavor indicates that the cartoonscums want to get all fo the
real
cats out of town. In the scum win condition, it says they only need to get all of the
famous
cats out of town. Is there a difference between "real cat" and "famous cat"?

Would you like to know every other player's role and win conditions while we're at it? :) All I will say is that everyone here has a name (or do they?), and I didn't make anyone up (or did I?).

There, that shouldn't clear anything up,
~Bert

To answer your other question, Pooky: I would assume that if the scums control a majority of the town, they can force lynches as they please and kill at night, meaning even if there are famous (real?) cats left, they will get them via the typical endgame process.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Primate »

massive wrote:Sorry for the delay, y'all, I was at a monster truck rally.

And contrary to both your points, Primate, I do not think (a) that your lie is merely something that you can brush off nor (b) that your explanation of said lie, if you are town, necessitates explaining what my role is.
Post #119 should have made you strongly suspicious of the fact that I was lying, and was meant as a direct comment, to you, to make sure that you knew I was lying and were ok with it.

And if you look at the 'lies' I made, they were made to disguise the part that your role had to play. If I had claimed my role as is, simply leaving out your involvement, then people would have asked 'how', and then I would have had to claim a large proportion of your role too. And bearing in mind that you know my full role, do you really think it's that different from what I claimed to make me a full-blown liar?

There was the second thing, but the reason I left that out is so blatantly obvious its degrading to bring it up.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:03 am

Post by massive »

My role isn't playing any part in your lie, at this moment. Nor, I doubt, will it in the future.

I did not pay any attention to post 119, because, in all honesty, you had been argumentative and grumpy up to that point, and I took your post to just be more of your general mean-spiritedness, and I had no idea what you meant by it, so I passed over it.

I have a better idea than most about your role. I have little-to-no idea about your alignment, save for what the thread has provided me. Looking back at it now, I guess I'm wondering why you would have been so aggressive against Zindaras knowing that your counter-claim was based on a lie.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Glork »

massive wrote: I guess I'm wondering why you would have been so aggressive against Zindaras knowing that your counter-claim was based on a lie.
I don't necessarily want you to elaborate on this if it means giving away more role information, but if Primate's counterclaim was based on a lie, this bothers me to no end.

Strong FoS: Primate
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Primate »

massive wrote:My role isn't playing any part in your lie, at this moment. Nor, I doubt, will it in the future.

I did not pay any attention to post 119, because, in all honesty, you had been argumentative and grumpy up to that point, and I took your post to just be more of your general mean-spiritedness, and I had no idea what you meant by it, so I passed over it.

I have a better idea than most about your role. I have little-to-no idea about your alignment, save for what the thread has provided me. Looking back at it now, I guess I'm wondering why you would have been so aggressive against Zindaras knowing that your counter-claim was based on a lie.
Do you want to just come out with what you think I was lying about? And I do assume you do now see what my intentions were with post #119? Especially with who I directed it at? You know more than 'a better idea than most', you know my full role, every single little detail of it. Are you saying that you wouldn't have been remotely suspicious, if you had my role, if someone else claimed a multiple life townie? And baring that in mind, how exactly would you counterclaim, under the circumstances? And baring
that
in mind, if you were counterclaiming, would you put in the details that would inevitably lead to me having to claim your role? If you say that you wouldn't counterclaim, then fair enough. Posterity proves you right, but I still think it was a mistake.

And my counter-claim was not based on a lie. I am a multiple life townie, Zindie is also one. Call it an overly simplistic view if you want, but I think the obscurity of the two life role made me justified in my view. And there was also the history of the role, and Zindies behaviour, which, I will admit, made me think about it a little less than.

So, then, massive. Feel free to claim my full role for me. I don't think I breadcrumbed the word "Future Clone", but that's a minor point.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Primate »

And my counter-claim was not based on a lie. I am a multiple life townie, Zindie is also one. Call it an overly simplistic view if you want, but I think the obscurity of the two life role made me justified in my view. And there was also the history of the role, and Zindies behaviour, which, I will admit, made me think about it a little less than I should of, as I thought I was hitting scum anyway, so it's not like everything was hinging on the counterclaim from my point of view anyway.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by bertrand »

Vote Count:

theopor_COD (1, -6) : Glork
Wizardcat (1, -6) : theopor_COD
Primate (1, -6) : massive
Glork (1, -6) : ubertimmy

10 alive is 6 to lynch, and 0 to give a comforting feeling of confidence.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

I'm currently in doubt between Pooky and Theopor. I am also currently confused by the mass amount of strange stuff going on in here.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:16 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Back. So far I am pretty sure that Glork and Primate are innocent - insteresting that they are two of the four people who have been voted for so far.

Vote ubertimmy

Gut feeling at the moment, based on the way he went after Glork. Also, it would be nice to have a few more votes by the current non-voters.
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:26 am

Post by ubertimmy »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Back. So far I am pretty sure that Glork and Primate are innocent - insteresting that they are two of the four people who have been voted for so far.

Vote ubertimmy

Gut feeling at the moment, based on the way he went after Glork. Also, it would be nice to have a few more votes by the current non-voters.
uh, you remember that I am
VERY CLOSE TO LYNCH RIGHT NOW
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Glork »

So if the scums knew that Zindaras was legit, meaning they knew that he was a famous cat, I would certainly expect them to be all over his wagon. Let's take a look at his end-of-day vote count:
Bertrand wrote:Zindaras (7, 0): Glork, DrippingGoofball, theopor_COD, Phoebus, Dragon Phoenix, Thesp, Primate
I think that every player should probably weigh in on the living players on this wagon. I'd guess about two cartoon-crazies, and right now I'm looking at Theo and DGB as the most likely scumbags on Zindaras' lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

ubertimmy wrote:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:Back. So far I am pretty sure that Glork and Primate are innocent - insteresting that they are two of the four people who have been voted for so far.

Vote ubertimmy

uh, you remember that I am
VERY CLOSE TO LYNCH RIGHT NOW
No, I had forgotten that weird vote count.

Unvote ubertimmy
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zhow close to lynch was ubertimmy? Geez, he sure is vulnerable, that was only 2 votes he had. If he's so vulnerable, it's kind of strange that he'd go after Glork so aggressively... especially since his evidence is a lot like "gut feeling."
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Glork wrote:I think that every player should probably weigh in on the living players on this wagon.
In definite agreement.
I'd guess about two cartoon-crazies, and right now I'm looking at Theo and DGB as the most likely scumbags on Zindaras' lynch.
I'd say Theopor and one of DP/DGB/Glork (in that order of likelyhood) myself.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by Carbon Copy »

Actually, I have some other things I want people to weigh in on:

-What do you think of the discussion Primate and I had about Phoebus's role? Do you think he was an SK or a Survivor? (please read the argument first)
-What do you think of Goofy's claim?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:49 am

Post by massive »

I'm focusing too hard on Primate now and I know I'm missing something. Probably many things. I need to put it out of my mind for a bit, I think. It's obvious no one cares at this time, so it can be tabled.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

If you're worried about focusing too much on Primate, why not instead take a look at the issues raised by Glork and me?

Mod
, could you please send out a couple of prods? Wizardcat specifically.

Wizardcat has been prodded. Any more?
~Bert
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:50 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Back. So far I am pretty sure that Glork and Primate are innocent

Care to elaborate why they're both cleared? Massive seems to know something with regard to Primate and Glork just seems to acting pro town, but looking at most of his games, that's his playstyle.
Glork wrote:So if the scums knew that Zindaras was legit, meaning they knew that he was a famous cat, I would certainly expect them to be all over his wagon. Let's take a look at his end-of-day vote count:

Bertrand wrote:
Zindaras (7, 0): Glork, DrippingGoofball, theopor_COD, Phoebus, Dragon Phoenix, Thesp, Primate
I think that every player should probably weigh in on the living players on this wagon. I'd guess about two cartoon-crazies, and right now I'm looking at Theo and DGB as the most likely scumbags on Zindaras' lynch.

I've already responded why I voted Zindie earlier, mainly that I was voting CC, the votes all moved to the Zindie wagon and I moved mine because I wasn't sure of CC/Zindie's allegiance and it'd be pointless keeping it on CC. It was the actions of a sheep agreed.

I can appreciate the scum would be aware that Zindie would turn up non-scum, by that he could have been independent or town so that leaves Glork, DP, Me, DGB and Primate however the non voters on the wagon would also be aware of that and distance themselves from it hence my suspicions of WizardCat, Timmy, Massive and Pooky - mind I'm not sure what to make of Timmy's half life claim. I'd also add that the scum look to have killed one of Thesp/Pheobus to pressurise ppl on the Zindie lynch. As such I'm happy with a vote on WizardCat and it could be a reason why Timmy attacked Glork from the off.
Carbon Copy wrote:
Actually, I have some other things I want people to weigh in on:

-What do you think of the discussion Primate and I had about Phoebus's role? Do you think he was an SK or a Survivor? (please read the argument first)
-What do you think of Goofy's claim?

Question 1 - I've read it and still think it's more likely that Pheobus was a SK, unless the scum have two kills per night which would be incredibly unlikely. Fact that both aliases belonged to US presidents could indicate somehow that Pheobus and Thesp were linked possibly and if one died the other did, not sure. Mind with Massive/Primate and CC/Zindy being some kind of link, I can't see it.

Question 2 - Hmm I don't know, mind she slipped up here and nothing was made of it
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I have been very busy professionally but I promise I will read this game with a fine-toothed comb and come up with some reasoning sometime today.

So I think it's probably hogwash. She was also believing the Zindie claim to be true but then hopped on the wagon. Oh and I've never heard of Tuffy the Sleeping Cat.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:10 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Infact
Unvote WizardCat, Vote DGB, Vote DGB

Surely if you break a restriction like the Z's one then it's false?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Primate »

massive wrote:I'm focusing too hard on Primate now and I know I'm missing something. Probably many things. I need to put it out of my mind for a bit, I think. It's obvious no one cares at this time, so it can be tabled.
Naw, feel free. Claim my role for me, release your point into the open. Unless you're conceding my point about not being able to claim my role without claiming yours, that is?
Zindaras (7, 0): Glork, DrippingGoofball, theopor_COD, Phoebus, Dragon Phoenix, Thesp, Primate
Am unsure. There was a major point I disliked about Glork when he was pushing the Zindiewagon, DGB seems more in her plotting scum mode than her useless town, and Theopr's last post was godawful. DP's probably town though.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

theopor_COD wrote:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:Back. So far I am pretty sure that Glork and Primate are innocent

Care to elaborate why they're both cleared?
They are not cleared - I said I was
pretty
sure they are innocent, not
100%
sure. Glork for reasons that I'm not keen to explain right now, Primate because there was no reason for scum to counterclaim on day one like he did.

Normally I would say that a supposed restricted post role who breaks their restriction is modkilled or faking it - unfortunately I have seen other games where the mod was too lenient in this respect, leading into the lynching of a post-restricted townie who made several mistakes in his post restriction. I would not put too much on the continued presence of DGB in this game in that sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”